Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

Arriving today will be Fight Or Flight's debut album, A Life By Design?. Thanks to Amazon AutoRip, I've already been listening to it, and it's pretty interesting. Definitely has an Evans Blue feel more than anything, but you can often catch a Distrubed-esque sound, thanks to Dan Donegan on guitar and Mike Wengren drums. And plus, the bassist is Sean Corcoran of Ra, so naturally I really like this album. I highly recommend it to fans of music such as Green Day, Evans Blue, or Breaking Benjamin.

Arriving today will be Fight Or Flight's debut album, A Life By Design?. Thanks to Amazon AutoRip, I've already been listening to it, and it's pretty interesting. Definitely has an Evans Blue feel more than anything, but you can often catch a Distrubed-esque sound, thanks to Dan Donegan on guitar and Mike Wengren drums. And plus, the bassist is Sean Corcoran of Ra, so naturally I really like this album. I highly recommend it to fans of music such as Green Day, Evans Blue, or Breaking Benjamin.

how on earth does Green Day sound anything like any of those bands

anyway got Off the Wall and Dangerous by Michael Jackson, woo

She's So Unusual by Cyndi Lauper and the Platinum Collection: Greatest Hits I, II, & III box set by Queen

the latter I got for a really great price, $12 for the whole set

unfortunately discs 2 and 3 appear to suffer from some physical defects, but they play and rip alright so s'all good man

Desert Moon by Dennis DeYoung on vinyl. First song on each side is unplayable due to a warp, sadly.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Had a dream in which I picked up a few super rare W.A.S.P. records on vinyl (which probably don't exist in real life if I had to guess), so I thought I might as well order a couple of their albums I don't have yet, these being K.F.D. and The Neon God Part 2: The Demise.

Also got a copy of Between Force and Fate by Velcra

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Just ordered The Wrong Side of Heaven & The Righteous Side of (you know the place), Vol. 1 by Five Finger Death Punch. Thanks to the magic of Amazon's AutoRip, I've managed to listen to the album, and I love it. Very American Capitalist sound to it.

Edited by Jinkmeister

Sister Christian by Night Ranger

Skyrim and Star Wars Medley by Lindsey Stirling and Peter Hollens.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

• 2 months later...

as far as I can remember, everything I bought between August 23 and now: - Pandemonium by Killing Joke- Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D by Nine Inch Nails- Pisces Iscariot by The Smashing Pumpkins- Zeitgeist by The Smashing Pumpkins (2-disc Best Buy reissue)- Hesitation Marks by Nine Inch Nails- Roots by Sepultura- People Are People by Depeche Mode- The Blackening by Machine Head (2-disc special edition)- Dethroned & Uncrowned by Katatonia- Oh, Tonight by Nervous Pudding- Goo by Sonic Youth- Diamond Eyes by Deftones- Deftones by Deftones- Make Yourself by Incubus- The Autumn Effect by 10 Years- Alice in Chains by Alice in Chains- The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here by Alice in Chains- The Bones of What You Believe by Chvrches- Saturate by Breaking Benjamin (I know, I know)- We Are Not Alone by Breaking Benjamin (I KNOW, I KNOW)- eMOTIVe by A Perfect Circle- Thirteenth Step by A Perfect Circle- Siren Song of the Counter Culture by Rise Against- Unknown Rooms: A Collection of Acoustic Songs by Chelsea Wolfe- The Grime and The Glow by Chelsea Wolfe- Pain Is Beauty by Chelsea Wolfe- My War by Black Flag- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables by Dead Kennedys- Social Distortion by Social Distortion- Unvarnished by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts- The Agony Scene by The Agony Scene (replacement copy, original I've had for several years is scratched)- The Essential Cyndi Lauper by Cyndi Lauper- Picture of Health by Headstones- Get ###### by The Agony Scene (European edition with bonus Bad Religion and Dead Kennedys cover songs)- I Love Rock 'n' Roll by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts (1992 CD release with bonus tracks)- Somewhere Between Heaven and ###### by Social Distortion- White Light, White Heat, White Trash by Social Distortion- Prison Bound by Social Distortion- The Legend of Johnny Cash by Johnny Cash- Viva Emptiness: 10th Anniversary Edition by Katatonia (pre-ordered)- Ritual by The Black Dahlia Murder (physical copy, owned previously as a digital album)- Damaged by Black Flag- Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust, Inc. by Dead Kennedys- Walk Among Us by the Misfits- Original Album Series box set by The Sisters of Mercy (contains First and Last and Always, Floodland, Vision Thing, and the compilations Some Girls Wander by Mistake and A Slight Case of Overbombing)

Edited by Ryuujin

Just picked up Doomstar Requiem and DethAlbum III. Enjoying every minute of it!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Within the last week:

Prometheus: The Discipline of Fire & Demise by Emperor

Strapping Young Lad by Strapping Young Lad

Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing by Strapping Young Lad

Hey Stoopid by Alice Cooper - The new digipak reissue which I got despite owning the original for the bonus track It Rained All Night, which I love.

Since August 14th (what I can remember):

Das Seelenbrechen by Ihsahn (Limited Edition)

Tragic Illusion 25 (The Rarities) by Paradise Lost

hanDover by Skinny Puppy

The Retinal Circus DVD by Devin Townsend

Accelerated Evolution by Devin Townsend

Broken by Nine Inch Nails

Further Down The Spiral by Nine Inch Nails

Strong Arm of the Law by Saxon

Raw Power by The Stooges

The Shape of Jazz to Come by Ornette Coleman

INVSN by INVSN

The Lost Patrol Band by The Lost Patrol Band

Vertikal II by Cult of Luna

Post by Bjork

Vespertine by Bjork (Limited Edition)

Debut by Bjork

Disintegration by The Cure

Dethroned & Uncrowned by Katatonia

Push The Sky Away by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds

- Pandemonium by Killing Joke- Pain Is Beauty by Chelsea Wolfe- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables by Dead Kennedys- Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust, Inc. by Dead Kennedys- Walk Among Us by the Misfits

<3

- Saturate by Breaking Benjamin (I know, I know)- We Are Not Alone by Breaking Benjamin (I KNOW, I KNOW)

Well, as long as you know.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

oh my god i don't think i even remember bu i'll try

(i put single songs in quotation marks)

Every Time I Die's discography

Hesitation Marks by Nine Inch Nails

Youth Of America by The Wipers

"Dig" by Mudvayne (i know)

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence, and Worship And Tribute, both by Glassjaw

"French Movie Theme" and "Drown", both by Smashing Pumpkins (don't worry i already had the rest of the pumpkins' albums that matter)

good kid, m.A.A.d. city by Kendrick Lamar

Whenever, If Ever by The World Is A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die

...And Justice For All by Metallica

"Baby Blue" by Badfinger

Come On Pilgrim by The Pixies

Odd Fellows Rest by Crowbar

Dopethrone by Electric Wizard

"Highway Star" and "Smoke On The Water", both by Deep Purple

Fly By Night, and Caress Of Steel, both by Rush

"Tuesday's Gone", "Simple Man", and "Call Me The Breeze", all by Lynyrd Skynyrd

High Violet by The National

"Jane Says", "Stop", and "Been Caught Stealing", all by Jane's Addiction

The Sea And The Rhythm, and Our Endless Numbered Days, both by Iron And Wine

Wavves, Wavvves, King Of The Beach, and Afraid Of Heights, all by Wavves

Crazy For You, and The Only Place, both by Best Coast

Alice In Chains' MTV Unplugged Album

Volition by Protest The Hero

Down, Down II, and Down III, all by...Down

only in dreams.

went in to get it, wasn't in stock yet. they told me to check back in a couple days.

in the meantime, picked up a physical copy of London Calling by The Clash finally.

EDIT: also just got Rush's The Studio Albums 1989-2007 box set as an early Christmas present. I like it a lot, surprisingly.

EDIT 2: found out why it wasn't in stock, turns out the North American release has been delayed until November 19. I'll probably pick it up on the 20th.

Edited by Ryuujin