Bzpower Pet Peeves

Dralcax

What I find strange is all the trouble you guys are going through just to use certain words. Is it so hard to use synonyms? Seriously why do you need to use these words, why can't we just convey our messages through the words we have available, the English Language has thousands of words, of those only a handful are banned, so why do you care so much for that handful? Just use the words you have available.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Is it nonsense? It's obviously the criteria of the ####### and external forum policies, so it would make a lot more sense for you guys to be hiding from trouble again than something about keeping the environment "good for everybody."

It's in anyone's best interests to stay out of trouble. Regardless, by filtering rude words and phrases that, in the past, have been used to insult other members and have been misused (with no reason to remove such a word from the filter), it keeps the website family-friendly for everyone, yes, everyone. This isn't a website that caters to the teenager demographic, it's a website that tries to keep itself available for anyone to use -- even very young kids, such as the old 7 year olds plenty of Lego lines recommend as a starting age. To stay family friendly, it's decided that some words just don't belong, or some things are banned because people can't handle themselves properly, and in the future it's sometimes reflected on, but it comes down to "why go through all the effort of unfiltering one word that is inherently rude?"That's just about the one word everyone seems to want out of the filter, for some odd reason.As for external forum policies, again I will restate this website is family friendly and a lot of comments on external video websites, forum websites, and blogs are absolutely not family friendly. If someone has a cool video they want to show to their friends, do so on another site, do so through IM, or upload it to a video-hosting site BZP approves of and then post it. The content control isn't shirking responsibility, but it is done to avoid problems and trouble. A lot of topics, comments (and topics brought up in comments) on external websites are not for an immature audience, and BZPower is a website dedicated to toys young kids enjoy -- this isn't an AFOL site, nor is it a TFOL site, it's a general Lego site that exists for everybody's use.In short, this is a place for everyone to feel comfortable to talk about Lego, or at least the broadest amount of people possible. (And, my point is, by filtering content and exercising content control -- like anyone does when they want to be G - PG rated -- the people stay out of trouble, and this website is available for whoever wants to use it).

Not really a pet peeve, but I do wish there was a COT Topic we could devote to news and political discussion. I mean, I understand why the rule is in place, to avoid flaming over opinions on the matter, and to avoid mature content, and I have no problem with the rule actually being in place, but I do sort of wish there could be a topic for it, very well regulated of course. I just think seeing the opinions on the members here on more important matters of the day than video games and TV shows could be a really nice opportunity, although I know why it's been refrained from.

I don't think such a topic would ever work on BZPower. Even if it was well policed, I think that the arguments in there would bleed over into other forums. For instance, say you found out that a member on here was the exact opposite of you politically. Wouldn't you view that member just a little more negatively in other places? And even if you wouldn't some people would. The drama and debates would escape that forum and enter BZPower proper. Plus, there are plenty of places on the web where you can discuss politics and religion. The fact that you can't do it on BZPower isn't a huge deal.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Not really a pet peeve, but I do wish there was a COT Topic we could devote to news and political discussion. I mean, I understand why the rule is in place, to avoid flaming over opinions on the matter, and to avoid mature content, and I have no problem with the rule actually being in place, but I do sort of wish there could be a topic for it, very well regulated of course. I just think seeing the opinions on the members here on more important matters of the day than video games and TV shows could be a really nice opportunity, although I know why it's been refrained from.

I don't think such a topic would ever work on BZPower. Even if it was well policed, I think that the arguments in there would bleed over into other forums. For instance, say you found out that a member on here was the exact opposite of you politically. Wouldn't you view that member just a little more negatively in other places? And even if you wouldn't some people would. The drama and debates would escape that forum and enter BZPower proper. Plus, there are plenty of places on the web where you can discuss politics and religion. The fact that you can't do it on BZPower isn't a huge deal.-don't touch my pocket protector
Case in point: this topic before the downtime.There are other places where you can discuss that stuff with other BZPers and there´s no world filter and then everybody will be all confused when they see that a group of friendly BZPers has dissolved because of something that happened "off-site". Edited by Waffles

What I find strange is all the trouble you guys are going through just to use certain words. Is it so hard to use synonyms? Seriously why do you need to use these words, why can't we just convey our messages through the words we have available, the English Language has thousands of words, of those only a handful are banned, so why do you care so much for that handful? Just use the words you have available.

Indeed! Bravo!

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

Rule benders with a history of devoting themselves to seeing how far they can go; bringing up innappropriate tangents, being offensive, disrespecting everyone, blah blah. They kinda kill the good mood here and make me wonder what people do at home. I mean, this is a site about Bionicle!Perfectly fine with our rules, though. I think I've only broken the signature one like once. Yeah, I'm bad. :PBut I actually like the staff here. They're really helpful and nice. I don't really see intimidation at all, except when enforcing rules. Keep up the great work staff!

Hey look I almost have 1000 posts

That is one thing I'd like to talk about on here: Politics. It can be filtered from certain points of discussion, depending on what section of politics we're talking about here. Of course, I'd consider that topics like 'I support this candidate, who do you support and why' would be cool, because it'd enliven some form of political discussion on here. Talking about the current events and issues in the world, and how you think they could be better handled or something like that. Not that it has to be a huge part of the forums, but I think that it'd be good for those of whom on here are interested in politics and how the issues now will affect future generations. Or something like that, lol.Although I know the idea will be shot down for the reasons of flame wars and trolling and stuff like that, I still think it could be not so highly restricted on here, and can be discussed in a minor way. Even though the site is about Bionicle, we're not limited to just that subject, if I'm not mistaken.Plus, I do recall this topic being on the previous forums, and it turned into an all and out flame war. I remember it was more about Artwork III more than anything. My comments are about that place: Not very funny comics in them (yes, even Dark709's, no personal offense to the member himself), a little bit too much spam, and not enough humor. Sure, maybe the revive limit should be adjusted so the artists can take more time to develop their comic in a funnier way so there's more humor or wit involved into it. Not a huge amount, but the revive limit could just be raised about two to five days at the least.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Let's keep BZP a place of such insightful topics as 'Where are you on the topc posters list?'

I laughed out loud when I saw that as an example of an 'insightful topic'.

Like I always say, don't try to discuss things you aren't an expert on, and it stands to reason that most people here aren't experts on anything, especially not politics, where I think most people just believe what they're told to believe.

No, see, believe it or not, there are some of us that actually pay attention to the world around us enough to make informed political opinions. Just like the COT forum description says, 'When enough people who all enjoy the same thing, like Bionicle, get together, they eventually want to chat about other things.' There are plenty of people on this forum who have a fascination with news and politics, and this is just like any one of the 'other things' that could be discussed in COT. Oh, I fully understand why the rules in place, but don't think for a second there isn't a wide range of people on this forum who could have educated debates and discussions on the talk of the day that really matters. In a controlled environment, it could work.Heck, I'm no expert on politics, but I can make a well reasoned and educated argument for what I believe in without being one. This isn't to say it's necessarily the right answer, it's an opinion, but there's plenty of members on here that could make a topic for political and news-based opinions insightful and functional.Also, if we can only discuss what we're experts on, and most people aren't experts in anything, this would imply general conversation should be discouraged, yes? That's poor logic, my friend, sorry to say.
exo-toa_battle.jpg

I laughed out loud when I saw that as an example of an 'insightful topic'.

Wow, you completely don't understand sarcasm, do you? Like, I even tried to make it blindingly obvious how sarcastic that was. Off to a good start, and in no way proving my point so far. That was sarcasm again.

No, see, believe it or not, there are some of us that actually pay attention to the world around us enough to make informed political opinions. Just like the COT forum description says, 'When enough people who all enjoy the same thing, like Bionicle, get together, they eventually want to chat about other things.' There are plenty of people on this forum who have a fascination with news and politics, and this is just like any one of the 'other things' that could be discussed in COT. Oh, I fully understand why the rules in place, but don't think for a second there isn't a wide range of people on this forum who could have educated debates and discussions on the talk of the day that really matters. In a controlled environment, it could work.

But the vast majority of people can't handle it. Which is what I said.

Heck, I'm no expert on politics, but I can make a well reasoned and educated argument for what I believe in without being one. This isn't to say it's necessarily the right answer, it's an opinion, but there's plenty of members on here that could make a topic for political and news-based opinions insightful and functional.

Yeah but there aren't.

Also, if we can only discuss what we're experts on, and most people aren't experts in anything, this would imply general conversation should be discouraged, yes? That's poor logic, my friend, sorry to say.

That was exactly my point, on the topic of the whole 'BZP discourages discussion' thing. Nevermind.And I use the word 'expert' as a general term to refer to anyone who knows what they're on about, in very basic terms of facts and reasoning. And most people here tackle subjects they know nothing about, because they have a right to 'freedom of speech' which usually ends up meaning 'freedom of stupidity', as they ignore anything you say, even factual, because you should 'respect their opinion'. Which is why we shouldn't have discussions of any sort on this discussion forum. (Sarcasm again).- Tilius

Yeah but there aren't.

...I'm just gonna assume you're being sarcastic and didn't just say this forum has no significant population of people who can uphold a decent intellectual conversation. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt man. I'm really hoping that was sarcasm.

Which is why we shouldn't have discussions of any sort on this discussion forum. (Sarcasm again).

...if you're beings sarcastic then this would lead me to believe that you agree with me. If this forum is based only on pointless discussion (which I disagree on), thenwhy the heck not pull together what more intellectual members we do have (plenty of whom DO exist) into a mature discussion about news and politics. If 'let's make BZPower a place of insightful posts such as etc. etc.' was you being sarcastic, then why don't you agree with making a more mature discussion topic about the world around us?
exo-toa_battle.jpg

Tilius, sarcasm isn´t really helping the discussion. Please make it easierfor us and be frank.The site has had intellignet debates and discussions, like the ones surrounding the new LEGO Friends line. Nevertheless, religion and politics are difficult to moderate.The staff shoudl allow that discussion for a day to show people exactly how unmaintainable those discussions are.

Nevertheless, religion and politics are difficult to moderate.

I understand that, like I've said in previous posts. I know why the discussion is banned, I'm just saying I wish there was some way to run one heavily moderated and controlled topic in the COT, because I think there's a population of people on BZPower that could make that it interesting.
exo-toa_battle.jpg

It wasn't.

Then you're not giving any credit to anyone on this forum, and that's not fair at all man. If some of the younger members can't really contribute well to the conversation (not a trait I'm assuming all younger members would have) then there might be a thing or two to be learned from the topic for them. We have a lot of older members that could formulate a good discussion on the business of the day here, I know just by looking at some of the things in this very topic. We have mature enough members here.

I do, but I also know that BZP members can't handle it.

Can't handle what, discussing important things? Anyone's entitled to an opinion on the world just as much as they are entitled to an opinion on music, video games, cinema, whatever.

It's hardly cryptic....

I guess I had some trouble understanding the first piece of wit up there I laughed at since it kinda supports my point, which you seem to be arguing against...yes?Aaaaanyway, this topic's getting a little derailed I suppose. Feel free to have the last word man, but I'm dropping out of here, I've had my piece. I don't see the topic happening either way, so no point in arguing it much more.
exo-toa_battle.jpg

Tilius, sarcasm isn´t really helping the discussion. Please make it easierfor us and be frank.

It's hardly cryptic....
Yes, but it gives your posts a tone of condescension that makes it difficult to take what you're saying as something said in good faith. Especially when you're using it to demean the people around you.Your point seems to be that a lot of BZP members can't handle any serious debate. You know what's generally a bad place to look for serious debate? The internet. It's impersonal and instant and is probably not going to help anyone understand the other side's points, let alone change anyone's mind. There are plenty of adults on the internet that can't make an argument deeper than "yeah well you're stupid".Now on the other hand, why would there need to be serious debate on here? This is a website for LEGO. It's a toy. For children. There may be some older people on here, but you know what, sometimes I just want to talk about non-serious things without having to think about politics or world turmoil or whatever. You can go on about how "insightful discussion" is being "negated", but there are other sites on the internet for other purposes that you can go on and have a screaming match with the opposition. Nobody is stopping you. But BZPower is for talking about toys, not politics. And it's fine by me if it stays that way.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Tilius, sarcasm isn´t really helping the discussion. Please make it easierfor us and be frank.

It's hardly cryptic....
Yes, but it gives your posts a tone of condescension that makes it difficult to take what you're saying as something said in good faith. Especially when you're using it to demean the people around you.Your point seems to be that a lot of BZP members can't handle any serious debate. You know what's generally a bad place to look for serious debate? The internet. It's impersonal and instant and is probably not going to help anyone understand the other side's points, let alone change anyone's mind. There are plenty of adults on the internet that can't make an argument deeper than "yeah well you're stupid".Now on the other hand, why would there need to be serious debate on here? This is a website for LEGO. It's a toy. For children. There may be some older people on here, but you know what, sometimes I just want to talk about non-serious things without having to think about politics or world turmoil or whatever. You can go on about how "insightful discussion" is being "negated", but there are other sites on the internet for other purposes that you can go on and have a screaming match with the opposition. Nobody is stopping you. But BZPower is for talking about toys, not politics. And it's fine by me if it stays that way.
The reason why we could have serious debate is the same reason why there's a completely off-topic section.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

The reason why we could have serious debate is the same reason why there's a completely off-topic section.

Not really, in the past when any sort of controversial-esque topic has cropped up, it's ended badly. A good example would be what happened from this topic the last time it was around, on the old forums, people were insulting one another, insulting groups of people, using hurtful language and it just destroyed any semblance of a "happy family atmosphere." We don't need that kind of stuff going on here, and this site is aimed at the younger crowd, not the older crowd, so BZP stays more focused on toys than world issues. If some people would want to discuss politics, join a forum that serves that purpose, same with religion or any taboo topic on this website, or just have an IM discussion with your BZPower buddies over what world issues you would want to talk about.It's not the same as COT, because toys and games are largely not controversial, and the political/religious aspect of many books isn't up for discussion down there due to the turmoil it can, and has, caused. BZPower's focus is toys, COT just broadens what toys can be discussed.

If anyone would like to talk about politics, why don't they do it on another forum? Politics seriously divides us Americans. I think some personal vendettas would start and wars would leave the topic, like a member above said and explained very well. This isn't the site for it. Not a good idea, in my opinion.And you can really only speak for yourself when talking about the political maturity of members. Last I checked, even slightly political topics start massive wars. I don't think I need to remind anyone of the banner war before the downtime.

Hey look I almost have 1000 posts

All right it's clear we're not going to resolve this one today. Point of the matter is, we don't allow political discussion on BZP, and some of you want that to change. This is a fact we can pretty much agree on.Instead of getting in a contest over who can dance around the subject the most without overstepping the rules, let's just move on, shall we?Excellent. Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Not really, in the past when any sort of controversial-esque topic has cropped up, it's ended badly. A good example would be what happened from this topic the last time it was around, on the old forums, people were insulting one another, insulting groups of people, using hurtful language and it just destroyed any semblance of a "happy family atmosphere." We don't need that kind of stuff going on here, and this site is aimed at the younger crowd, not the older crowd, so BZP stays more focused on toys than world issues. If some people would want to discuss politics, join a forum that serves that purpose, same with religion or any taboo topic on this website, or just have an IM discussion with your BZPower buddies over what world issues you would want to talk about.It's not the same as COT, because toys and games are largely not controversial, and the political/religious aspect of many books isn't up for discussion down there due to the turmoil it can, and has, caused. BZPower's focus is toys, COT just broadens what toys can be discussed.
What hurtful language? You guys' word filter's so tight we can't even say "cool dude" around here. I think causing major turmoil would be pretty hard around here.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

You'd think it'd be really hard, but it's not.The rule isn't there because of a "what if this happens" type scenario. It's there because we were tired of closing every topic that inevitably erupted into inflammatory discussion. I personally think it's unfair for anyone to be routinely subjected to that manner of insanity.And yes, it is every topic. There are topics that were not closed simply because they have been overlooked by the staff at the time, or they were not reported. Time and time again, people can't resist insulting each other because someone doesn't agree with another person's viewpoint. I know it sounds obvious to say it, but people get really passionate over the things they believe in, and unfortunately that passion isn't always channeled into eloquent debate.It is the vocal minority, but good grief does it ever get vocal.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

What hurtful language? You guys' word filter's so tight we can't even say "cool dude" around here. I think causing major turmoil would be pretty hard around here.
The staff have promied to look and revise the world filter. The cool dude filter was put in place because a member was abusing it a while ago, and I´ll stress it again, it will be revised.If you think that causing major turmoil is difficult, you clearly haven´t seen what happens here.

The internet is a horrible place to discus politics.As for my pet peeve, probably the fact that the archive signs you off whenever you view it.

You can just open it in another browser, and that should solve the issue. Still, even with that little solution, I agree; that makes me rather paranoid about clicking links in signatures.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

The staff have promied to look and revise the world filter. The cool dude filter was put in place because a member was abusing it a while ago, and I´ll stress it again, it will be revised.If you think that causing major turmoil is difficult, you clearly haven´t seen what happens here.
If I haven't (and I haven't) seen major turmoil around here, it's clearly because the filter's so tight it totally blocks any possibility of it. Unless the filter goes down, there can't be any major turmoil at all.

If I haven't (and I haven't) seen major turmoil around here, it's clearly because the filter's so tight it totally blocks any possibility of it. Unless the filter goes down, there can't be any major turmoil at all.
Then you clearly haven't been paying attention.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Why do you want turmoil? I don't understand what the perk of having it would be, as it's really one of my personal pet peeves with this website sometimes. We've had enough turmoil as it is, why not just forget about it and get along, have a fun time chatting about plastic building blocks with other people? As a community, we can get along just fine without allowing turmoil to break us apart and create bad blood between people, as that's never a fun situation to be in -- it's quite a miserable one, really. BZPower exists as a small escape from real life, somewhere to go and just unwind and relax without whipping up drama, without stepping on other people's fun and without making the site a chore to keep civil.It's a site about entertainment, so we chat about entertainment -- and even that gets out of hand sometimes. I mean, there was a lot of turmoil between Hero Factory fans and Bionicle fans who absolutely despised Hero Factory (and even some franchises in COT got out of hand, discussion-wise), and that was just about two toylines owned by the same company that are aesthetically the same thing. Could you imagine what it would be like if some words were unfiltered during events like that? Already people threw around insults, because synonyms do exist, and giving more ammunition to a bad cause simply seems like a really stupid idea. People have used hurtful language in the past, with words that aren't filtered, (I'm not going to give the specific example I am thinking of, as then we'll end up with terminology debates before we know it) so what would stop them if they were unfiltered?At the end of the day, Zaz, this is a family-oriented, family-friendly, child-safe website that tries to give a safe space to young kids who like LEGO and want to talk about it. Why ruin it for them by introducing turmoil? How is that fair? Why can't we just, you know, get along for once and not have to deal with stupid turmoil in at least one aspect of life? There's enough drama in the real world, it's miserable and it sucks, so why bring it into something that exists for recreation?I just don't understand your position, and I don't understand how your position would allow this website to thrive with a positive community, instead of one that is constantly at odds with itself over the stupidest little things.

...Sounds like Zaz WANTS some BZDrama. =/

Indeed.I'd like to say something on this subject as I was reading through the topic.Mr. Zaz here thinks we're being too optimistic. is there a problem with that? Optimism is far better than the Cynicism which you seem to want present here. I for one, would prefer to think positively while I'm on the internet, and on a site where i can think positively. This site's my getaway, and i'd prefer to not have to ruin it for myself and others in my textbook way with sarcasm, hate, trolling, and various other angry things that i use for my amusement.Does that help the issue any? Cause i really think that after three and a half pages or so, we should be moving on from the issue. This isn't a topic about "Discuss how much you hate the Word Filter" it's "What are you BZP Pet Peeves."Not saying you can't discuss, but do we need to argue about rules which have multiple times been slated to be reviewed in the future? Don't think so.As for my Own Pet Peeve, it's people who can't take a joke when the situation's funny, and people who can't be serious when the situation calls for it. My peeves are mostly people related, considering so many people can't accept everyone else.In the words of a DEmotivational poster I once saw...Love and Tolerate the **** Out of eachother.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

Why do you want turmoil? I don't understand what the perk of having it would be, as it's really one of my personal pet peeves with this website sometimes. We've had enough turmoil as it is, why not just forget about it and get along, have a fun time chatting about plastic building blocks with other people? As a community, we can get along just fine without allowing turmoil to break us apart and create bad blood between people, as that's never a fun situation to be in -- it's quite a miserable one, really. BZPower exists as a small escape from real life, somewhere to go and just unwind and relax without whipping up drama, without stepping on other people's fun and without making the site a chore to keep civil.It's a site about entertainment, so we chat about entertainment -- and even that gets out of hand sometimes. I mean, there was a lot of turmoil between Hero Factory fans and Bionicle fans who absolutely despised Hero Factory (and even some franchises in COT got out of hand, discussion-wise), and that was just about two toylines owned by the same company that are aesthetically the same thing. Could you imagine what it would be like if some words were unfiltered during events like that? Already people threw around insults, because synonyms do exist, and giving more ammunition to a bad cause simply seems like a really stupid idea. People have used hurtful language in the past, with words that aren't filtered, (I'm not going to give the specific example I am thinking of, as then we'll end up with terminology debates before we know it) so what would stop them if they were unfiltered?At the end of the day, Zaz, this is a family-oriented, family-friendly, child-safe website that tries to give a safe space to young kids who like LEGO and want to talk about it. Why ruin it for them by introducing turmoil? How is that fair? Why can't we just, you know, get along for once and not have to deal with stupid turmoil in at least one aspect of life? There's enough drama in the real world, it's miserable and it sucks, so why bring it into something that exists for recreation?I just don't understand your position, and I don't understand how your position would allow this website to thrive with a positive community, instead of one that is constantly at odds with itself over the stupidest little things.
Why would I want turmoil? There's no good reason for wanting turmoil at all. I'm saying that we should have (probably one) topic devoted to serious issues, and turmoil wouldn't happen with the word filter in place. The only way political discussion could really get intense is without the filter, so I'm saying as long as the filter's in place, political discussion should be allowed.However, I realize now that no mater what the heck I say, it's not going to convince you guys to make any of these kinds of changes (unless you've already planned some, which I heard), so I'll probably stop my argument here.And, Lord Kini Hawkeye, I'm not against optimism so much as forced optimism. Edited by Toa Zaz

Why would I want turmoil? There's no good reason for wanting turmoil at all. I'm saying that we should have (probably one) topic devoted to serious issues, and turmoil wouldn't happen with the word filter in place. The only way political discussion could really get intense is without the filter, so I'm saying as long as the filter's in place, political discussion should be allowed.And, Lord Kini Hawkeye, I'm not against optimism so much as forced optimism.

The way your posts were worded that's what it seemed.As for this so called "forced" optimism, who said it was forced? Just because someone would rather see the good side, and hope for something to get better, doesn't mean they're being forcibly optimistic. I could call youforcibly pessimistic, but what do I know?Don't assume that just because someone refuses to look at something and see everything wrong going on, and not have a bright side or be willing to wait, is forcing themself to. Just like i'm not going to assume you're forcing yourself to be pessimistic. if you even are.As the old saying goes, don't assume because it makes an *** out of u and me.

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

Why would I want turmoil? There's no good reason for wanting turmoil at all. I'm saying that we should have (probably one) topic devoted to serious issues, and turmoil wouldn't happen with the word filter in place. The only way political discussion could really get intense is without the filter, so I'm saying as long as the filter's in place, political discussion should be allowed.And, Lord Kini Hawkeye, I'm not against optimism so much as forced optimism.

The way your posts were worded that's what it seemed.As for this so called "forced" optimism, who said it was forced? Just because someone would rather see the good side, and hope for something to get better, doesn't mean they're being forcibly optimistic. I could call youforcibly pessimistic, but what do I know?Don't assume that just because someone refuses to look at something and see everything wrong going on, and not have a bright side or be willing to wait, is forcing themself to. Just like i'm not going to assume you're forcing yourself to be pessimistic. if you even are.As the old saying goes, don't assume because it makes an *** out of u and me.
Why don't you try being less optimistic, then, and see how it ends up reducing your proto energy? They're not forcing themselves to; the BZPower guidelines are. BZPower members are afraid of losing proto for being accused of perceived flaming or trolling, so they deliberately act optimistic.

The un-updated word filter. The fact that we can't mention a video site, but the staff can, which is hypocritical.

Let me correct you on that. The staff are bound to the rules just as much as the members are. I suppose you are referring to the occasions when a video site that is forbidden on the forums is linked to on the front page. That exception is made when a video and its comments and links to other videos are appropiate. In the forums, it´s impossible to control all posted videos, so better not to allow them at all. On the front page it´s another matter because the staff controls what is posted there and knows it´s appropiate. In the forums, not even the Reporters who would post a link on the front page are allowed to link to any site you must not link to either. ;)My pet peeves are slow loading times when sending PMs, silly disputes and when people can´t simply respect the beliefs and hobbies of another.~Gata. ;)
That's interesting. The server has been quite fast since they updated it for me. I have't lost any major post as of yet. Then again, I haven't made one for a long time.However, I'm really not into the rule where every single site that has a commentary system is banned. Sure, some sites are just pure flaming and are definitely not appropriate for children, but it is only logical any person on the internet will find themselves in some sites somehow, no matter how strict access he/she may have. Allowing people to access more content is a healthy decision for the site, as it opens up much more discussion topics than before. It'd also be fun to have a bit more forum updates and fixes from time to time. I understand the busy schedule some may have, but that's why none should claim a task that is unable to complete within its deadline.

Why don't you try being less optimistic, then, and see how it ends up reducing your proto energy? They're not forcing themselves to; the BZPower guidelines are. BZPower members are afraid of losing proto for being accused of perceived flaming or trolling, so they deliberately act optimistic.

There are plenty of less optimistic people around here who haven't had their proto reduced. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

BZP drama never goes well. Just look at this topic and you'll see the result, to be honest. =/ Still, political discussion could be a little less strict, but it just can't be opened to issues that will encourage flame wars and the like. It won't work out like that, sadly, so that's the only reason that it isn't allowed. I'd like to talk politics, but I guess since this is a website for kids, politics is a more restricted topic of discussion, same as religion. Simple as that.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...