Are they fooling us again?

I don't remember people theorizing that the Turaga were evil, but then again, I wasn't involved in the community back in '01–'03.

There were actually some topics like this on Bzpower back in the day. There were people who thought the Turaga were evil because of their secrets.

It's a shame the old forums are gone forever, I'd love to dig up some of those topics...

There's always the lovely fan theory that it'll be somehow "connected" to the original universe, which would be pretty fun and has some evidence for its possibility.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of evidence is there for a connection? I don't, uh, actually follow the story

Soft reboots, hard reboots flaccid reboots, who cares?

I love flaccid reboots.

• Upvote 2

Just out of curiosity, what kind of evidence is there for a connection? I don't, uh, actually follow the story

The graphic novel says that the Mask of Time in the new story is said to be only the upper half of a full mask, and that the place it is housed in (the Temple of Time) acts as a gateway between worlds or something like that. It also says the lower half of the mask is missing.

As someone who isn't particularly interested in seeing the two generations connected, this reads to me a lot like they are screaming "the Vahi from the original story is the lower half of the mask!" But people are actually pretty divided about that being the case, so make of it what you will.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

The graphic novel says that the Mask of Time in the new story is said to be only the upper half of a full mask, and that the place it is housed in (the Temple of Time) acts as a gateway between worlds or something like that. It also says the lower half of the mask is missing.

As someone who isn't particularly interested in seeing the two generations connected, this reads to me a lot like they are screaming "the Vahi from the original story is the lower half of the mask!" But people are actually pretty divided about that being the case, so make of it what you will.

Yeah, I myself have slowly been finding myself less interested in the story but I'm just waiting for the Netflix show. It's an interesting possibility that can be looked at that way, but it can also mean anything. Though it would be interesting to see the two worlds cross over or connected for a moment (alternate realities were a pretty big part of G1 off of the main story), I don't think it's in any sense a guarantee or would make the story better, but it would be one of a way to honor the old theme.

Hrm.  A gateway between worlds.  A teleporter.

Yet why would one want or need a teleporter unless there were other worlds to explore?  Worlds that possibly have life on them?  Maybe these are the worlds where the Toa came from, the creatures that inhabit them are the Toa's creators.  Maybe Bionicle could be like Star Wars, with thousands of worlds and many different alien races.  A cooler, elementally charged Star Wars.

Or, do something like the plot behind every Doom game ever, where the portal opens of its own accord and monsters spill out onto Okoto.  Maybe Makuta has retreated to a distant planet to build up his army, then unleashes it to conquer the world Ekimu exiled him from.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

The graphic novel says that the Mask of Time in the new story is said to be only the upper half of a full mask, and that the place it is housed in (the Temple of Time) acts as a gateway between worlds or something like that. 

Yet why would one want or need a teleporter unless there were other worlds to explore?  Worlds that possibly have life on them?  Maybe these are the worlds where the Toa came from [...]

Spacebridge to each of the six Toa planets? I'd buy that.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

the writers for this version of bionicle said that the Vahi looked like 1/2 of a mask, what if it was?  Bear with this if you can, but what if legendary masks (Time, life, creation, eta) have to be made in multiple parts and then fused into one mask. that means Vakama only made part of the Vahi, and the one in the temple of time is also a part. makes more sense then hunting down 6 disks, and allows a crossover to happen, in which the several worlds fight over the Vahi parts, to make one whole mask. Interesting, right, or is it just me?

Chaos will prevail... eventually...

the writers for this version of bionicle said that the Vahi looked like 1/2 of a mask, what if it was?  Bear with this if you can, but what if legendary masks (Time, life, creation, eta) have to be made in multiple parts and then fused into one mask. that means Vakama only made part of the Vahi, and the one in the temple of time is also a part. makes more sense then hunting down 6 disks, and allows a crossover to happen, in which the several worlds fight over the Vahi parts, to make one whole mask. Interesting, right, or is it just me?

I'm a little confused by the part of this I've bolded. Are you assuming that legendary masks have to be made the same way in both the G1 and G2 universes? Because we've seen nothing to imply that that's the case... and in fact, what little we HAVE learned about how masks are made in G2 (such as gold masks ACTUALLY being made out of gold) suggests that Kanoka disks have nothing to do with it at all this time around.

Also, the G1 and G2 universes fighting over the Vahi sounds to me like one of the worst ways for a crossover to happen. But maybe that's just me.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The main idea for a secret plot twist would be a continuation of the original G1 story. That Okoto is merely a island of Spherus Magn thousands of years after the great battle between Makuta1 and Mata Nui.

The two moons could be the baron remains of the moons used to heal the planet. They could easily make Ekimu and Makuta2 descendants of Mata Nui himself. They could bring back the giant robot by having Makuta 2 find ancient records of the machine. He gose and finds it and repairs it with his ancestors Rahkshi that he upgrades with new parts.

Bing bang boom you have what I call the continuation theory. G1 is the lost past of G2. I don't know how the mask of time is going to get put in but it will since in the G2 episodes they mention time a lot.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

The main idea for a secret plot twist would be a continuation of the original G1 story. That Okoto is merely a island of Spherus Magn thousands of years after the great battle between Makuta1 and Mata Nui.

The two moons could be the baron remains of the moons used to heal the planet. They could easily make Ekimu and Makuta2 descendants of Mata Nui himself. They could bring back the giant robot by having Makuta 2 find ancient records of the machine. He gose and finds it and repairs it with his ancestors Rahkshi that he upgrades with new parts.

Bing bang boom you have what I call the continuation theory. G1 is the lost past of G2. I don't know how the mask of time is going to get put in but it will since in the G2 episodes they mention time a lot.

Barren not baron, and the moons of Bota and Aqua Magna no longer exist post-final battle.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Barren not baron, and the moons of Bota and Aqua Magna no longer exist post-final battle.

Sorry for the spelling error typing on a phone.

I was trying to come up with an explanation of the TWO moons.

They could be the lifeless remains of Aqua and Bota Magna. After they fused with planet. Its Bionicle things don't really need to add up.

They could be the lifeless remains of Aqua and Bota Magna. After they fused with planet. Its Bionicle things don't really need to add up.

There are no lifeless remains to speak of. Aqua and Bota Magna fused back with Bara Magna at the end of the G1 story. Spherus Magna doesn't have any moons left.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That's no excuse. I'm posting from a tablet right now.

As the 'Chir said (sorry, can never keep you two straight) there are no moons to be lifeless remains of. The physical structure of Aqua and Bota Magna impacted with Spherus Magna. Part of the moon brained the GSR, for heaven's sake. So yeah, theory busted.

And things have to be internally consistent in any story. Having moons after the fragment-'moons' were merged with the planet raises the question of where the new moons came from. The best guess at the moment is that the orbs in the sky over Okoto are planets where the Toa were summoned from, not moons of Okoto-planet.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

That's no excuse. I'm posting from a tablet right now.

As the 'Chir said (sorry, can never keep you two straight) there are no moons to be lifeless remains of. The physical structure of Aqua and Bota Magna impacted with Spherus Magna. Part of the moon brained the GSR, for heaven's sake. So yeah, theory busted.

And things have to be internally consistent in any story. Having moons after the fragment-'moons' were merged with the planet raises the question of where the new moons came from. The best guess at the moment is that the orbs in the sky over Okoto are planets where the Toa were summoned from, not moons of Okoto-planet.

That's actually a cool explanation for those two things. Planet Moon whatever they are their there.

Yet why would one want or need a teleporter unless there were other worlds to explore?  Worlds that possibly have life on them?  Maybe these are the worlds where the Toa came from, the creatures that inhabit them are the Toa's creators.  Maybe Bionicle could be like Star Wars, with thousands of worlds and many different alien races.  A cooler, elementally charged Star Wars.

Or, do something like the plot behind every Doom game ever, where the portal opens of its own accord and monsters spill out onto Okoto.  Maybe Makuta has retreated to a distant planet to build up his army, then unleashes it to conquer the world Ekimu exiled him from.

Oh gosh please no! This will turn into some weird Marvel universe ordeal and will end up with Disney buying the rights to Bionicle. Knowing them they'll probably say that all Bionicle books and comics (like the Star Wars Expanded Universe) are not cannon!

Edited by Azon
  • Upvote 1

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

But for the Vahi to connect the two generations and be the same Vahi, somebody would have to steal the Vahi from Voporak back in G1 and place it in this world. That seems rather iffy even for a connection theory, since Voporak's theft of the Vahi was a totally out of the way detail back in some G1 serial.

If they were going to connect the two generations, you'd think that they would actually connect it to the main story of G1, not some serial that they don't even remember, it's been so long. 

• Upvote 1

Plus if they were to connect the two they'd need Greg F. back on their team. He is the only employee who could piece together G1 and G2. But all he did was ad some advice during the planning faze, and then ran of to keep working on Ninjago.

Technically, no, he's not the only one who could piece them together. He may have written a lot of the G1 story, but it doesn't belong to him, and if LEGO wanted to write their own connection between G1 and G2 they'd be at full liberty to do so with or without his involvement. They could even retcon elements of the G1 story to make the two generations fit together better, if they were that committed to it. It's their story.

I don't imagine that kind of thing is what a lot of people hoping for a G1–G2 connection want, though. Frankly, one advantage of the G2 story being its own independent thing would be not needing to rewrite or contradict G1 canon. But as Fishers points out, there are some elements of the G1 story, particularly the aimless story threads that emerged in the later serials, that would seriously complicate attempts at a post-hoc connection, unless they were retconned or glossed over. And as difficult as it might be, one of the things I've heard a lot of people ask for is closure to those obscure, out-of-the-way plot threads.

• Upvote 3

Closure for those is something I wouldn't object to.

What I meant by they'd need Greg is for his knowledge of Bionicle's obscure loose ends. He seemed to have a lot more freewill on his own serials; sure the story team did the main stuff, but it was Greg that put Lewa in SPACE (then Bota Magna) and Kopaka and Pohatu stuck on the Red Star. Sure Lego could do it without him; but it would be nice to have the man who wrote those cliffhangers come back. Understood that the main G1 story though can be handled by Lego just fine without the original writers, it is a lot easier to follow than the serials were.

But I don't want to see G2 "tie-off" G1's loose ends. I'd rather see the two remain separate. My dream to "tie-off" G1 would be if Lego released a collectors edition compendium book which had all of G1's chapter books, guides, and serials; along with a few new serials to tie off the loose ends; all bound in artwork from Christian Faber's stuff. THAT is what I want to see. And of course all packed with an exclusive mask! Probably never going to happen;  but it would finish the story ohhh so nicely.

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

But I don't want to see G2 "tie-off" G1's loose ends. I'd rather see the two remain separate. My dream to "tie-off" G1 would be if Lego released a collectors edition compendium book which had all of G1's chapter books, guides, and serials; along with a few new serials to tie off the loose ends; all bound in artwork from Christian Faber's stuff. THAT is what I want to see. And of course all packed with an exclusive mask! Probably never going to happen;  but it would finish the story ohhh so nicely.

I would buy that - and pay a large amount of money for it, besides. 

But I don't want to see G2 "tie-off" G1's loose ends. I'd rather see the two remain separate. My dream to "tie-off" G1 would be if Lego released a collectors edition compendium book which had all of G1's chapter books, guides, and serials; along with a few new serials to tie off the loose ends; all bound in artwork from Christian Faber's stuff. THAT is what I want to see. And of course all packed with an exclusive mask! Probably never going to happen; but it would finish the story ohhh so nicely.

I would buy that - and pay a large amount of money for it, besides.

Oh yes. That'll be a great compliment to the book&set products that TLG brings out. It'll probably be more "Bionicle: the line that saved Lego" history than only a compilation of story. Include a remastered MNOG, and you'll have queues.

• Upvote 1