The Most Dangerous Game

-Windrider-

On third thought, scratch all of that. The Most Dangerous Game is the Welcome to HappyLand series. 

I would say you're right, due to me making the series and being obsessed with it, but...

It actually is the most dangerous game. Bloodthirsty murder if you don't get it right?

I wonder if a group-based Happyland or a Happyland of a different style would be good for this sort of thing, or perhaps the series is too bland to make anything out of it.

G&T Contest 2: Pacifism

This would be different, as it would force us to focus on non-combat/death games. Which, imho, would be pretty interesting. And basically the exact opposite of what the topic title is. =P

G&T Contest 2: Anti-Mafia

Whatever is going on, there certainly aren't any Mafioso around here.

Nope.

Not at all.

G&T Contest 2: Adventure is out there!

ADVENTURE, YEAH!

I don't know, haha

• Upvote 3

I would down for a theme that involved danger in some way. 

Not real danger, of course. :P But the usual danger one finds when playing a game in this forum.

Happyland covers that.

What of a specifically team-driven game? groups of players could be doing interesting feats in under 48 hours, like writing a song, or designing a banner, or scaling...

G&T Contest #2: The Cliffs Of Insanity!

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna go with Portalfig's suggestion of adventure. There aren't really enough adventure-ish games here, like a text-based adventure game. Been considering starting one, actually...

Alternatively, we could go with rejuvenating one of the old classics like the old Caption Contest, but with a twist. That was a popular one on the old forum pre-dataclysm, but it seems it hasn't taken hold post-dataclysm.

Once more, alternatively, we could go with theme of hybridising games.

Finally, there is also the theme of a game that can't decide its theme and constantly changes. Like one round is a caption contest and the next is a one-round Tehnic Tournament, and the next is a short Mafia game. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

One of my goals is to avoid as much redundancy as possible with the last G&T contest to keep things exciting and fresh. A few ideas in here might do just that...

What would work better for everyone here? March? April?

April.

Theme idea: I mean it'd be weird for another forum to have a "crossover" theme for a contest, but it could work?

Pulse's hybrid idea sounds interesting, although I have a feeling it might produce less entries than other themes might.

I'm just posting this to promote my game so it doesn't die before it starts.

Any one want to play

MATORAN SMACK DOWN 2

If you do go to it and comment the side you want.

(this is actually for this topic)

Could we some how have some type of teamed puzzle game tost in?

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I kinda like the idea of having an activity on the side during the contest. While too much focus on it might distract from playtime in the entries themselves, with the right balance it could keep interest going throughout the entry period.

Could you explain in more detail what you have in mind?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the VERSUS series of games seems to fit the mold of most of the ideas suggested here. The thing is, it also has player eliminations, which are similar to Mafia game deaths. 

New Idea: Perhaps we could have a Trivia games contest, put the "Trivia" back in "Games and Trivia." 

• Upvote 3

Yeah, the VERSUS series of games seems to fit the mold of most of the ideas suggested here. The thing is, it also has player eliminations, which are similar to Mafia game deaths. 

New Idea: Perhaps we could have a Trivia games contest, put the "Trivia" back in "Games and Trivia." 

Like any of us know enough to make a trivia anything :P

I like this idea.

• Upvote 1

I kinda like the idea of having an activity on the side during the contest. While too much focus on it might distract from playtime in the entries themselves, with the right balance it could keep interest going throughout the entry period.

Before I ended the Matoran Smack Down series(sad day) I made teams but each player was still fighting for themselves. There still on the game topic if you want more detail on how they worked.

But back to the puzzle part of it all. I was think around the lines of each team gets its own puzzle and if one person in the team gets it they live if not they must vote off someone from there team. You could also have certain players with special powers like a "get out of death card".

The puzzles themselves

Maybe a riddle with a trivia spin to it? Yes... maybe...

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 2 weeks later...

In a little over two weeks, the most dangerous game is coming...or is it?

In any case, there is going to be a contest starting on the first of April, so I am prepared for the mountain of joke entries.

If two people want to help out with the little side activity, please PM me - I don't think I could host both the contest and the activity at the same time.

In a little over two weeks, the most dangerous game is coming...or is it?

In any case, there is going to be a contest starting on the first of April, so I am prepared for the mountain of joke entries.

If two people want to help out with the little side activity, please PM me - I don't think I could host both the contest and the activity at the same time.

Side activity?

Yup, we were discussing it above. :P

--

I have my two volunteers, so thank you! Now you all get to sit patiently until the start of April.