BZP'S GAME OF THRONES

Voltex

I have to admit, my biggest question I have is not the outcome but whether those who stood beside me kept on fighting against the Tyrannical rule they were sure to endure if they surrendered. That's the biggest question floating through my mind.

Did they fight on?

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I have to admit, my biggest question I have is not the outcome but whether those who stood beside me kept on fighting against the Tyrannical rule they were sure to endure if they surrendered. That's the biggest question floating through my mind.

Did they fight on?

You'll find out in the episode.

Did they fight on?

You'll find out in the episode.

I know, i was merely stating what I hope to see answered... that was all. I wasn't actually expecting to see an answer given before the scene.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I may be posting this a few hours late, or possibly several hours late, but it still somewhat describes how I feel about the game being over.

Edit: I also probably could've waited to post this until after the scene was posted, but that didn't dawn on me until I posted it. Oh well. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

scene is taking me a little longer than expected

will hopefully finish it up tomorrow night if i don't pass out as soon as i'm home

Lucina

maxresdefault.jpg

Reality

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/spongebob/images/0/01/3_days_later..._in_Gone.png/revision/latest?cb=20150826051908

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Jungle and Stone ignore Water, Fire, and Ice, everyone agrees to hold out for the sequel. :P

essentially this

seriously if it weren't for nato there wouldn't be any point to writing a scene at all

anyway i'll try to get it up by the end of this weekend, irl stuff has me by the scruff of my neck so yep~

Basically that. It was mostly a bunch of politics that didn't really go anywhere for any of us, in case of anyone wondering. It was mostly just us trying to negotiate peace and me deciding to make use of the fact I was now the Mask Maker for... boring things like decrees, since the war no longer had a reason to continue on my side. To sum up: nothing majorly important. Did want to hear what the Jungle & Stone regions had to say, since I did send them delegates and a messenger, but the episode ended before I received a response. Shame, since the jungle is still burning and putting it out kind of hinged on whether or not they agreed to the terms I sent them and whether they were willing to move so we avoided a double genocide by drowning. A lot of plans, but too little time to execute them all effectively, basically. Forgive me. Very little of this actually went anywhere. Wanted to make a peace speech, too. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Ofttimes, one man can get more done than many. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You know, now that the game is over, I do have one major question that has been bothering me... Why Burnmad, of all people, did you turn against me? Ice and Water I can understand, heck even Jungle would have been understandable, but the fire region makes no sense why they turned, when they were suppose to be the region with the strongest ties to the me, even after you killed two of my skull warriors, though that was beyond either of our control as it happened before the game. I mean **** me Burnmad, I was technically one of your own people, which gave the fire region a stronger presence given one of their own was in charge of the island. It made no sense for you turn unless I did something to upset the fire region, but as far as I'm aware I did nothing. 

This has perplexed me the entire game.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

You know, now that the game is over, I do have one major question that has been bothering me... Why Burnmad, of all people, did you turn against me? Ice and Water I can understand, heck even Jungle would have been understandable, but the fire region makes no sense why they turned, when they were suppose to be the region with the strongest ties to the me, even after you killed two of my skull warriors, though that was beyond either of our control as it happened before the game. I mean **** me Burnmad, I was technically one of your own people, which gave the fire region a stronger presence given one of their own was in charge of the island. It made no sense for you turn unless I did something to upset the fire region, but as far as I'm aware I did nothing. 

This has perplexed me the entire game.

On a semi-related note, the OP says ties between the Fire Region and Mask Maker soured for reasons only known to them. Were you guys ever told specifically what those reasons were?

I would assume it's the 'killing two skull warriors' thing Voxumo just mentioned.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I would assume it's the 'killing two skull warriors' thing Voxumo just mentioned.

Exactly. Though Soured does not equal destroyed. In the long run Burnmad would have more influence and more pull with someone from his home region than someone from a region his fought against so long ago.

For clarification burnmad apparently entered the ancient city trying to steal something, though my skull warriors managed to stop the attempt but not before two of them were killed by the mask of fire... I'm pretty sure this is what it was as I don't have the pm any longer.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Of course, since we now know that the Skull Warriors are servants of evil, perhaps Burnmad actually did us all a favour...

Exactly. Though Soured does not equal destroyed. In the long run Burnmad would have more influence and more pull with someone from his home region than someone from a region his fought against so long ago.

For clarification burnmad apparently entered the ancient city trying to steal something, though my skull warriors managed to stop the attempt but not before two of them were killed by the mask of fire... I'm pretty sure this is what it was as I don't have the pm any longer.

I'll leave it to Burnmad to reveal what, exactly, he was trying to accomplish when those two Skull Warriors were destroyed a year ago.

Burnmad, if you've forgotten, it's in the third message of your private game PM.

Of course, since we now know that the Skull Warriors are servants of evil, perhaps Burnmad actually did us all a favour...

Correction: you may know that, but nobody else does, at least in-character. We're only allowed to act upon what we know in-character.

As for the Fire Region... well, Dragon.star is now in charge of the Ancient City's security because we have only two (weakened) Skull Warriors left. I did want to build up trust with them, I promised not to hide anything from them, and while it probably would have been more straightforward for an Ice-Jungle-Water alliance, there is kind of the issue of a certain leader named ToaTimeLord dying. While I did invite them to join in private once they had a new leader, they denied because they wanted to see their leader's killers die. Approaching Stone never crossed my mind, since from my point of view, they were the region most closely tied to Voxumo, due to them having the Mask Breaker.

There's also the presence of the Fire and Ice loyalists. That also influenced my decisions. Stone was never going to be a potential ally, and after Episode 2, neither was Jungle. That left Ice and Fire, and I was even unsure about Water for a little bit because relations did sour between me and Terrorsaur due, to well, I did sort of object to the poisoning of water. I'd already met with those in the Fire Region several times before Episode 5, so...

I'll leave it to Burnmad to reveal what, exactly, he was trying to accomplish when those two Skull Warriors were destroyed a year ago.

Burnmad, if you've forgotten, it's in the third message of your private game PM.

I haven't forgotten.

We were actually trying to kill you, then, too, Vox.

Sorry. =P

Anyway, there was the whole thing with that, and then there was Dragon.star's inherent loyalty to Pulse, while no one HAD to be inherently loyal to Vox.

As well, Pulse made it worth it to the Fire Region, as you'll see in the scene.

- :burnmad:

Anyway, there was the whole thing with that, and then there was Dragon.star's inherent loyalty to Pulse, while no one HAD to be inherently loyal to Vox.

Well... I'm so glad one person means the entire region must be... *Sighs* Mask Maker, the role with next to no inherent benefits, no guaranteed allies, and a giant freakin target plastered on your forehead from the start...

And to think you wanted to be mask maker Burnmad...

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

You did kind of have the Mask Breaker, but then he kind of got poisoned. I'm sure they would've been a willing ally.

Also, you did get six four Skull Warriors that obeyed your every command.

Correction: you may know that, but nobody else does, at least in-character. We're only allowed to act upon what we know in-character.

I do mean 'we' as in, the players. Since the game's over, and all that.

You did kind of have the Mask Breaker, but then he kind of got poisoned. I'm sure they would've been a willing ally.

Also, you did get six four Skull Warriors that obeyed your every command.

4 skull warriors isn't the same as having allies you can actually talk to and confer with... allies you don't have to question the loyalty of. Yes they may have been a stronger force than a regular protector, but they still don't compare to a full-on army.

And the mask breaker would have been nice if they hadn't died so soon into the game.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

EPISODE 10

LOST

-JUNGLE REGION-

-JED-

The Skull Warriors were staring at him.

Kingslayer, they seemed to whisper, their red eyes gleaming pinpricks of light inside their sockets. Kingslayer.

He was unable to repress the shudder.

Still struggling to breathe in the smoky air, he leaned down and ripped the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders off of Voxumo’s face. He briefly contemplated putting it on, before determining that his current position was still precarious at best – the less attention he drew to himself, the better.

Both of the Skull Warriors followed him as he snuck back towards the Ancient City, carrying the corpse of Voxumo the Usurper between them. Uncertain regarding their motives, Jed tried to ignore the fact that they were present at all.

Sometimes it was easier that way.

-ANCIENT CITY-

-DALLIOR-

He was standing next to Pulse when the Mask of Time shuddered in his grip. As he glanced down at the golden mask, he could have sworn that he heard it hum; however, a quick glance around told him that nobody else had heard the sound. Even Pulse, right next to him, seemed to be entirely unaware of it.

When his gaze lifted back to the Jungle Region, he recognized the faint, glimmering outline of the beacon that had lit the sky to indicate the Temple of Time. Again, the rest were oblivious; it seemed that only he could see it.

He backed away slowly, not wanting to disturb Pulse or the others. When none noticed, he swiftly turned and raced away towards the jungle, passing Jed and the Skull Warriors without sparing them a second glance. The instant his feet touched the edge of the region, he felt the Mask of Time vibrating more harshly in his hands, almost pulling itself towards him.

Does it… want me to put it on?

With one trembling hand, Dallior removed his mask – and immediately stumbled back as the Mask of Time fixed itself to his face in its place. Before he had even fully realized what was happening he was already staggering deeper into the jungle, pulled along by the Mask of Time. He could hear torches burning and the clashes of swords on bones, the cries of Protectors fighting in battle. Despite the warmth of the Jungle Region, he felt the chill that reached his bones.

Fighting against the urge to take the Mask of Time off, Dallior leaned on a tree for support as the world began to shift and turn around him. In the back of his head he could feel a presence calling to him, pulling towards him and latching on; he felt energy draining from his body as a swirling vortex of crackling blue energy spiralled into existence in front of him, and several incomprehensible shapes began to appear.

-JUNGLE REGION-

-SMOKE MONSTER-

With the path into the Ancient City clear, Smoke Monster searched for Voxumo, to let the Mask Maker know that they could proceed.

What he found instead was the two Skull Warriors picking up a heavily burned corpse, and beginning to carry it across the bridge into the Ancient City… accompanied by a Protector of Water.

No, he thought, grief and fury flooding through him. No, no, no!

-ANCIENT CITY-

-PULSE-

Upon Jed’s return, Pulse had sent the Skull Warriors to prepare Voxumo for burial before looking for Dallior – only to find himself unable to find the Protector of Earth. The Mask of Time had vanished with him, and Pulse’s worry was growing; unfortunately, he could not afford to worry about Dallior at this point in time. Having Jed send out the Skull Spiders to search for the missing Ruler of Earth, Pulse set his mind to other matters.

“Burnmad,” he said, turning to the Ruler of Fire as the two Skull Warriors returned. “I’m sending you to lead a delegation to meet with Zatth and Smoke Monster. You’ll offer them our terms, and hopefully we can continue on to peaceful negotiations here in the city.”

“Very well,” Burnmad replied, speaking softly. “May I ask what the terms I shall be presenting are?”

Pulse handed him a missive. “It’s all listed here.”

“Very well. Who shall accompany me?”

“The Skull Warrior with the Mask of Truth,” Pulse replied, as that very Skull Warrior reappeared. “It will be able to sense if they lie – and if necessary, force the truth out of them. I dislike using it, but the situation is too dangerous to leave up to trust and chance right now.”

Burnmad nodded, looking satisfied. “Very well. I shall go now.”

As Burnmad left, Pulse turned to Terrorsaur and FF. “The negotiations will be held here in the Ancient City – I invite both of you to attend with the other leaders, so that we can all sit down and talk this out. If Dallior can be found, he too shall be there.”

“I would be willing to come,” FF told him. “My region has suffered very little in this conflict, and I would be willing to spare additional guards and workers if necessary.”

Nodding gratefully, Pulse moved onto his next worry. “Do either of you know the location of Nato?”

They both shook their heads.

“You’d think a trickster like Nato wouldn’t miss the death of the Usurper,” Pulse murmured, “especially given to how opposed he was to Voxumo’s rule. Terrorsaur, you know him best – where do you think he is?”

The Ruler of the Water Region shifted uncomfortably. “If I know him, he would want to be right at the center of the action. He may have headed for the Temple of Time; that would explain why the beacon disappeared. You saw it fade out?”

“Alright,” Pulse said, pausing to gather his thoughts before continuing, “here is my plan, then. Once we have found Dallior, we will use the Mask of Time to summon the Temple back to its proper location. I want to summon the heroes of legend, and that can only be done if we have the Temple of Time.”

Terrorsaur snapped his fingers and turned to Jed. “That reminds me – Jed, I have an apology to make. I’ve been secretive and apathetic towards you for many years, believing that you were more loyal to Voxumo than you were to the rightful Heir. For that, I am sincerely sorry – and I would like for you to keep the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders in your possession as my thanks.”

Jed did not reply beyond a nod, still concentrated on searching all over the island through the Skull Spiders.

Drawing the attention back to himself, Pulse spoke once more. “There is also the matter of the Masks of Ice and Earth. Neither of them could be found; somehow they have disappeared.”

FF shrugged. “I only became the leader of my region very recently, and the old Ruler did not share much with me out of spite. It is possible that I simply did not know where to look – and the Earth Region has been abandoned for twenty years. I would not question why the Mask of Earth could not be found; I would question why the Mask of Time was.”

-JUNGLE REGION-

-BURNMAD-

Pulse had asked him to visit the enemy with only a Skull Warrior and two Protectors of Fire for company.

Burnmad would not be so foolish – he still had not heard back from the messenger he had sent to Smoke Monster, and he very much intended on learning the details of their fate… and what had become of them would very much influence his plans for the Jungle Region.

He sent several Protectors to begin putting out the smaller fires nearby upon their arrival, but left the larger ones to burn. Joined by fifty guards and a Skull Warrior, he knew that he made for an imposing sight – and as such, was not surprised when Smoke Monster, Zatth, and Tekulo all met him under guard of many beasts still controlled by Tekulo.

“I bring terms from the Mask Maker Pulse,” Burnmad told them. “He offers to meet with Zatth, Smoke Monster, and the other Rulers in the Ancient City to settle on a more formal arrangement, but this is the message he has given to me.”

He pulled out the missive and began to read off of it. “Terrorsaur is willing to put out the fires in the Jungle Region in exchange for amnesty from his crimes against both Jungle and Stone. He requests that the population and armies of both Jungle and Stone move to the Earth Region while this is done, to avoid any Protectors dying in the flood that will be necessary to extinguish the fires.

“The Mask Maker wishes for Zatth and Terrorsaur to make amends, and also asks that Zatth allow for the Water and Fire Regions to help with rebuilding the Stone Region. All water shipments to Stone will continue to be handled and purified by the Fire Region.

“He extends a formal pardon to all three of you for any crimes of yours that Pulse himself is aware of. He also informs you that Voxumo has been relocated for a proper burial, and that the Skull Warriors and Skull Spiders are now under his grace’s control. All terms presented are nullified if anyone in the delegation is killed.”

He looked to each of them in turn, awaiting their responses before pressing with his own thoughts.

Tekulo was the first to respond, looking and sounding depressed. “I’ll accept them. With old Voxumo dead… heh. I don’t have any reason left to fight.”

“I will also accept the terms,” Zatth said quietly. “I will continue to act as I have always done – to benefit the people of my region.”

Noting that Smoke Monster seemed content to remain silent – and that the Skull Warrior was growing tense – Burnmad moved forward. “I also want to know what happened to the messenger I sent to the Jungle Region recently. He was given orders to meet with Smoke Monster and Tekulo, and present them with terms for peace… and he never returned.”

“During our meeting, a Skull Warrior interrupted us,” Tekulo replied. “It bound the Protector and took him to Voxumo, who executed him.”

The Skull Warrior next to him growled, shaking its head – Burnmad frowned. “My Skull Warrior appears to disagree with you. Why do you lie?”

He knew the question did not need to be asked; with the lie, Tekulo had already confirmed what Burnmad had already suspected.

“I’m sure I have my reasons,” Tekulo replied, this time smiling.

“I must press for further explanation,” Burnmad said.

“You want the truth?” Smoke Monster asked, speaking up for the first time. “I killed your Protector. While meeting with him, we were indeed interrupted by a Skull Warrior, one bringing Voxumo’s latest plans – and the Protector heard them as well. I couldn’t risk the Fire Protector going back to you and sharing our plans, and unless he returned to you unharmed, you had already threatened to burn down our region. Besides, the burning had already begun.”

“The burning began because my Protector took too long to return, and I suspected the worst,” Burnmad told him, forcing down his fury. “You are lucky that I am loyal to Pulse, for he wishes you to meet with him alive, else I would burn you and Tekulo where you stand. Let us return to the Ancient City, and let us negotiate in proper.”

But if you step one foot out of line, Smoke Monster, ever… I shall burn your region to the ground, and all of Jungle shall become mine.

-?-

-NATO-

The cloudy greyness in between darkened, sparking and rolling with thunder as the world slowly faded back into view.

In the depths of the Temple, the machine sputtered before quietly deactivating.

The land before him was a barren wasteland, decayed and dead. The jungle was naught but a stretch of devastation, and where the Fire and Water regions would be in the distance, he saw only smog and smoke.

In the center of Okoto, where the Ancient City would be, swirled a dark tornado, crackling with lightning.

Down below, outside the Temple, an army waited for him. He recognized once more the colors of the six tribes of Okoto, but this army... its members were decayed, little more than hunched skeletons, staring up at him with dead eyes. Skull Warriors roamed their ranks, as well as other, similar creatures that he did not have names for.

At the head of the army stood a larger skull creature, standing twice as tall as the Skull Warriors and wearing the Mask of Creation upon its face.

Well… he thought, fear racing through him.

“Close the gate!”

As his Protectors barricaded the front entrance, Nato returned to the parapet, and yelled a greeting to the taller skull creature that appeared to be the commander of the army wearing the Mask of Creation down below.

The enemy leader did not respond.

In silence, it began to walk towards the Temple.

The army behind it followed, shuffling, also silent.

Screw this, Nato thought. He raced back down to the machine and pulled the lever to reactivate it, not even caring where he would end up so long as it wasn’t here and –

-the machine sparked and flickered, but did not activate.

He could feel a chill in the air.

Darn it, Rollor, why-

Returning to the parapet, he found that the Skull Leader had crossed half the distance, as had its army; the closer they got, the more the temperature seemed to drop. As the four other Ice Protectors and five Fire Protectors re-joined him, Nato said to them, “we need to figure out when we are. Is this some apocalyptic future, or are we still in the past?”

One of them was about to respond when the enemy down below reached the Temple, the Skull Leader still staring impassively up at them.

“It’ll be okay, right?” one of the Fire Protectors asked, sounding uncertain.

“Yeah, of course,” an Ice Protector said. “That shield, it protected us before.”

Nato watched as the Skull Leader reached out with one hand, and placed it on the outer wall - the field of temporal energy that once shielded them from Voxumo shimmered and rippled as its hand passed through, before shattering into nothing at all.

One of the more skeletal Protectors grabbed onto the wall.

It began to climb.

“…how many of you have ranged weapons?” Nato asked.

“None,” a Fire Protector answered, voice shaking. “Your Ice Protectors have their saw shields and short swords… we have two torchers apiece.”

“Grab all of our supplies,” Nato ordered. “Burn them and drop them on the dead.”

A quick search got them twenty additional torches; burning the rest of their supplies and dropping them on the Undead Protectors climbing the walls managed to delay the arrival of the first wave, but it did not last for long, as the Undead began to clamber over each other, their speed increasing as they twitched and shuddered.

And then the army of the dead was upon them.

Armed with only torches, shields and swords, Nato and his Protectors fought with everything they had, refusing to let the Undead up onto the parapet – but Nato knew that they could not hold it for long, as the Undead came at them again and again.

This can’t last.

Activating the Mask of Speed, he raced back towards the beacon. He tripped halfway through and fell flat on his face, cursing as the small delay cost one of the Fire Protectors their life, but he did manage to activate the beacon.

The beacon flickered and sputtered to life before shining into the sky, blaring through the stormy gray clouds that were so dark that they had cast the entire island into an eternal night. He could feel the Temple shifting in place, as though settling down; but it also hummed with a mystical energy, and the Undead slowed down just enough that his comrades were able to hold the line until he returned.

But the Undead’s numbers were unending, and even with the beacon lit, this fight would not last long.

At the sight of the beacon, the Skull Warriors down below approached the barricaded entrance. They did not climb; instead, fueled by a dark energy that caused him and his remaining comrades to shudder from its corruption that threatened to engulf them even from down below, the Skull Warriors began to hammer at the entrance.