• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

What Are You Thinking?

Thoughts Conversation

• Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#441 Offline Iaredios the Hip Historian

Iaredios the Hip Historian
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,643 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2017 - 12:04 AM

I play an FPS-game while playing fitting music, and then when I need to withdraw from the surge I play something more calming but has moments that can make you tense, like CKII or Terraria.

TLDR: Music & video games solves the problem.

line.gif

the_visions_of_thasos.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  |     ن

Farts are just the ghosts of that which we ate                                                               -                                                                 D r e a m s. They're the hurricanes that wash the soul-filth from the super-dome of the night-mind.

#442 Offline capMARVELOUS

capMARVELOUS
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 14-August 16
  • 1,536 posts

Posted May 21 2017 - 09:05 AM

That's what I do, too; just boot up a HALO game and take out my frustrations on the Covenant.

0fAwofU.jpg

"It is the external wounds which heal the quickest."
--Optimus Prime--

[The Unofficial capMARVELOUS Theme Song | BZPRPG Profiles | Skyrise Profiles (1)(2)(3) | Project Protodermis Profiles]

#443 Offline Toa Imrukii

Toa Imrukii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 01-March 14
  • 1,762 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2017 - 09:22 AM

How do you guys deal with anger?

I play TF2 to get my frustration out. Thats how I am known by the little known title of the Hand Sniper.
Such as here:
https://steamuserima...89AE800E6D8887/

If that doesn't work than I try to play a Paradox game, and if that doesn't work I go to my room, and punch and cry my frustration out. Than I fall into a deep state of loneliness, than eventually scrape myself up and out of the bed.

Quote of the Month: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance."

:t: :m_o: :a:     :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i:

a_heroes_stance.png
A RUDE AWAKENING - A BIONICLE G1 Continuation and Video Game Project (ARTIST AND CONCEPTUALIST) | I am an ENFP, that is my Personality.
Check Out Makuta Teridax: Reaper of Darkness | Check out my Taknuva Stars MOC |

#444 Offline Toa TimeLord

Toa TimeLord
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-January 16
  • 2,396 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2017 - 09:31 PM

Just finished my final science project I'll ever have to do for high school.
It was a poster board on Cognitive enhancing medication and how they only act as placebos.

I've lived for over two billion years. I've seen the rise and fall of my people. I fought in a war that destroyed everything including the very universe I came from.
I now walk in this universe and stand as a silent protector. I always go where I'm needed even if it's impossible to help. For you don’t just give up. You don’t just let things happen. You make a stand! You say no! You have the guts to do what’s right, even when everyone else just runs away.
I am TimeLord guardian of this Universe.

#445 Offline Inary the Gunhaver

Inary the Gunhaver
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 29-May 15
  • 3,760 posts
  •  

Posted May 21 2017 - 09:41 PM

It was a poster board on Cognitive enhancing medication and how they only act as placebos.

I finished up building a bed of nails for a physics project this weekend.

rubbersoul-win.gifx8_team_by_mizz_ninja.gifbnWaS7N.gif

:smileonuanu:  :smilepohatunu:  :smiletahunu:  :smiletol:  :smilekopakanu:  :smilelewanu:  :smilegalinu:  

#446 Offline Toa TimeLord

Toa TimeLord
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-January 16
  • 2,396 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2017 - 07:03 AM

I drew dancing pill bottles on my poster as my "Visual" I love AP classes.

This is how you get college credit kids.

Edited by Toa TimeLord, May 22 2017 - 07:03 AM.

I've lived for over two billion years. I've seen the rise and fall of my people. I fought in a war that destroyed everything including the very universe I came from.
I now walk in this universe and stand as a silent protector. I always go where I'm needed even if it's impossible to help. For you don’t just give up. You don’t just let things happen. You make a stand! You say no! You have the guts to do what’s right, even when everyone else just runs away.

#447 Offline Inary the Gunhaver

Inary the Gunhaver
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 29-May 15
  • 3,760 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2017 - 02:37 PM

What exactly was the project?

:smileonuanu:  :smilepohatunu:  :smiletahunu:  :smiletol:  :smilekopakanu:  :smilelewanu:  :smilegalinu:  

#448 Offline Toa TimeLord

Toa TimeLord
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-January 16
  • 2,396 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2017 - 09:07 PM

What exactly was the project?
Cognitive enhancing drugs don't work and only act as placebos.

#449 Offline Inary the Gunhaver

Inary the Gunhaver
  • Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 29-May 15
  • 3,760 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2017 - 09:09 PM

What exactly was the project?
Cognitive enhancing drugs don't work and only act as placebos.

I need to be more specific when I ask questions. What was assigned to you?

#450 Offline Toa TimeLord

Toa TimeLord
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-January 16
  • 2,396 posts
  •  

Posted May 22 2017 - 09:18 PM

We had to pick a side if we are for it agansit a certain controversial topic of are choice such as GMOs, Designer babies, human cloning that sort of thing.
I picked Smart pills and argued against it.
Made the poster board and typed a 1 paged paper explaining the subject.

Hope that answers your question.

#451 Offline capMARVELOUS

capMARVELOUS
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 14-August 16
  • 1,536 posts

Posted May 24 2017 - 10:11 AM

My IRL friends haven't been too helpful in answering this, so I thought I'd come to you for help.

What should I do on my first date?  Aside from taking her to her favorite restaurant, of course.

0fAwofU.jpg

--Optimus Prime--

[The Unofficial capMARVELOUS Theme Song | BZPRPG Profiles | Skyrise Profiles (1)(2)(3) | Project Protodermis Profiles]

#452 Offline Toa TimeLord

Toa TimeLord
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-January 16
  • 2,396 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2017 - 09:42 PM

Depends on the person do you know them well or is this a blind date?

Know them ask them about what's current in there life examples include work, school, a show you know she likes.
As the date continues ask more personalized questions like what did you think when I asked you out or something that doesn't sound generic.
Most importantly never interrupt her. When she is talking pay close attention because she may say something you know or like and that can make a smooth transition into the personalized questions.
Have good manners.
Put the napkin in your lap.
Pull the chair out for her.
Doing a bunch of little things can add up real quickly putting you in a positive position.
Also order something similar to what she is getting.
If there is bread or chips on the table never be the first to grab for them let her pick first.
Also never send food back to the kitchen.

Blind date do what is above but keep all questions and topics you make generic. You are discovering the unique layers that make this individual take your time. You don't have to know everything by the first date.

Also if you feel nervous remember she is feeling exactly the same.

(I like to point out I'm great at giving advice but the second it's my situation I forget what to do.)

Edited by Toa TimeLord, May 24 2017 - 09:45 PM.

#453 Offline Iaredios the Hip Historian

Iaredios the Hip Historian
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,643 posts
  •  

Posted May 24 2017 - 10:12 PM

I would like to know how you got with her to begin with Cap (and if you don't' want too in detail or personal i completely understand).

There is this girl at a restaurant I go to every Tuesday (and sometimes other days in the week), and though I have been going there for a month and a half now I haven't worked up the courage to say more than just my order. She is divine, and i think she is also interested in me. I don't understand, I can talk to other restaurant workers when i am at other places, but I just can't seem to do more than keep eye contact and smile while giving my order. Yesterday was my last Tuesday at work, so if I want to continue seeing her I have to drive all the way over there for a single meal (because of this I may have to make it every other Tuesday). Next time I should try to exchange names, only natural IMO since i am a regular customer, maybe even comment on how i like her tattoo and/or nails if I work up the nerve.

line.gif

the_visions_of_thasos.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  |     ن

Farts are just the ghosts of that which we ate                                                               -                                                                 D r e a m s. They're the hurricanes that wash the soul-filth from the super-dome of the night-mind.

#454 Offline Toa TimeLord

Toa TimeLord
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-January 16
  • 2,396 posts
  •  

Posted May 25 2017 - 10:02 PM

All these love sick people this week.
It's kinda cute. :P
My Hip Historian I suggest giving the compliment then ask her if she willing to go for a cup of coffee sometime.
This will lead to a causally first date that's not really a date situation.
For bline data information look above.

Mr. Cap
I hope everything gose well with your date.

Wishing both you guys the best.

Also it will be one year tell my first date I accidentally set up two years in advance.

Edited by Toa TimeLord, May 25 2017 - 10:03 PM.

#455 Offline Shakira Shakira

Shakira Shakira
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 6,562 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted May 26 2017 - 07:03 AM

Y'all are overthinking this; just have fun honestly. Such preemptive meticulousness is probably just gonna make you even more nervous.

I mean there's nothing wrong with hitting up a food place you both will enjoy, but if you're going into a date holding your partner at such an untouchable level that you're holding yourself back from picking bread or ordering an entree you yourself like, I'd consider rethinking your approach. That will just be very uncomfortable for you and your date alike. Bread is good stuff, fampais. Restaurants can kinda play into those outdated chivalrous cliches anyway, so maybe even consider something less potentially stuffy, like a cafe. The best part of it all is just getting to know each other, imo, and in my experience it's so much easier to have conversations like that in places like those. Plus if it seems too noisy, you can just order your drinks to go and go sit somewhere neat.

Works cited: absolutely no "traditional" date experience, but fond memories of things like the second paragraph that led me into a few really good friendships, romantic or otherwise.

Also omg TTL I would definitely consider rethinking your approach, but hey I'm nearly 27 and somehow still young, so you do you.

Edited by Shakira Shakira, May 26 2017 - 07:51 AM.

#456 Offline Toa TimeLord

Toa TimeLord
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-January 16
  • 2,396 posts
  •  

Posted May 26 2017 - 09:47 PM

I didn't know what form of date he wanted or expected I just listed off basics and went a bit out of hand.
I'm more a traditional person anyway most of the stuff I listed I do naturally.

Also with the bread thing it's not like you sit there for forever just give her the time to pick first.
(I should have worded that better.)

The entree thing is a play on physiology.
If you eat something similar to someone you most likely have other things in common.

#457 Offline capMARVELOUS

capMARVELOUS
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 14-August 16
  • 1,536 posts

Posted May 27 2017 - 03:52 PM

Guys, I meant what should I do as in, where should I take her?  I already know the etiquette, though your advice on that has been a good reminder.

I would like to know how you got with her to begin with Cap (and if you don't' want too in detail or personal i completely understand).

You want the story, you'll get the story.

So I have a group of three friends in my church group that I love to hang out with.  We go see movies, go to the mall, y'know: friend stuff.  Well, one evening in March, shortly after the Power Rangers movie was released, my friends and I arranged to go and see it after a bit of hanging out at the mall.  I thought it was going to be just the four of us.

I was wrong.  One of my friends brought another of her friends along to hang out.  This friend is the girl that I'm going out with now; for the sake of keeping her relatively anonymous, let's call her Tab.  I like to make new friends, so I attempted to make Tab one of my new friends.  We hit it off right away over our mutual love of hugs, jokes, and sour candy.  We parted ways that night with each other's numbers, so we could include her in more future hangouts.

Flash forward a few weeks, and I found out that my best friend, who's also a member of our little group, was shipping me with Tab.  He began to pester me about texting her for more than planning, and deduced from my slight reluctance to do so that I was in like with her.  He was right.

Flash forward a few more weeks, to just recently, and my friends and I, including Tab, were at a McDonald's feasting on chicken nuggets.  Tab was sitting right next to me, and my best friend kept subtly motioning for me to tell her that I liked her.  I did, in front of all my friends.  I asked Tab out, and she said yes.  My friends applauded, and the other two girls said we'd be cute together.

There you go.  That's the story of how I got my first date.

Edited by capMARVELOUS, May 27 2017 - 03:53 PM.

0fAwofU.jpg

--Optimus Prime--

#458 Offline Toa TimeLord

Toa TimeLord
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-January 16
  • 2,396 posts
  •  

Posted May 27 2017 - 09:39 PM

That's a really cute story.

Also didn't you say you where taking her to one of your favorite restaurants?

I say make it a dinner date.
Some where nice but not to stuffy.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users