Dents, Dings, And Disasters

Control_Vee

• 2 weeks later...

Okay everyone, here's some good news and bad news.Good news? I'm working on a comic, a panel is already done. Still not sure about the others though.Bad news? I'm sick, and trying to push myself past my 'phase' so i can get some stuff going for you guys.Either ways though, i hope you guys still try to keep up with this now and then, because i really enjoy making this stuff for you all.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

Good to know these comics will resume again soon. These comics are by far my favorite series on the site, it really mixes comedy, seriousness and saga quite well. With plot twists and hidden meanings. Its like reading an award winning graphic novel.I'm sorry that you're sick, I hope you feel better soon. You shouldn't really stress about making comics when you're sick. It might help to plan things though like how the dialogue is going to end up being in each panel, and such. Thats normally what I do when I'm sick.Anyway, I'm extremely happy to know that these comics are continuing and I hope you feel better soon.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Good to know these comics will resume again soon. These comics are by far my favorite series on the site, it really mixes comedy, seriousness and saga quite well. With plot twists and hidden meanings. Its like reading an award winning graphic novel.I'm sorry that you're sick, I hope you feel better soon. You shouldn't really stress about making comics when you're sick. It might help to plan things though like how the dialogue is going to end up being in each panel, and such. Thats normally what I do when I'm sick.Anyway, I'm extremely happy to know that these comics are continuing and I hope you feel better soon.~Soran
I wouldn't dream of ending them unless i absolutely had to.Personally, i'm less sick now than i was Monday - but still a bit disoriented/dizzy. I think i'm almost better though.Then when it comes to 'stressing it' - well, i've sort of got it planned out, i'm just thinking on how to execute it in comic form. Like, what they should do to get to certain points that i've planned. The dialogue i generally figure out on the spot, and it turns out pretty good.But here's something to tide everyone over.Rockets don't explode Leraku.Leraku explodes rockets.

Sisen said:

lervsro1.png

rorocketfire.png

RO: Fool!

explodedler.png

---------------------------

I'm trying something different now.

Smaller panel sizes, inner text for sound effects (maybe).

Might end up consulting Soran for some backgrounds later on, but for now, since it's the inside of a dark cave, i don't think it's too necessary.

Sisen said:

Wow, that was epic. I like all the updates, they're pretty sweet. Also the effects in this were just fantastic, I especially liked the rocket explosion and the rocket being fired and well everything. Its hard to narrow down which effect was the best when they all are the best.I do quite like the smaller panels, they are quite... fresh I guess. They look fresh and new. I thought you had put some sound effects or narrations for certain things in the panels before such as King Joe's Le-tilt. I'll agree with you on the dark cave thing not really needding that many backgrounds. There are some panels that might benefit from it like the first panel, but for other ones I don't really think its that necessary. Also There appears to be a lack of light from the explosion which makes the last panel look a little awkward graphic wise.Great job on the comics and keep up the good work.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

rolaser.png

RO: Hah! That was just a test to see just how resistant you are at the moment... you might have been weary.

RO: Evidentially, you are not.

RO: Thus, i'm bringing out my ace in the hole. This is the 'trick up my sleeve'... I was built to defeat you.

RO: This... THIS was made to kill you.

lergotlasered.png

LER: GAAAAAGH!

lerwhiteout.png

RO: Heh...

RO: Hah! Ha hahaaa!

RO: You foolish try-hard.

RO: You should never have left [REDACTED]!

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

lerexplenation.png

Log 9371.

The subject has shown exceptional skill and power in his tests. He will likely be used for missions very soon. He's had incredible successes harnessing his power, but at some times, he can use control. His mental abilities give him vast amounts or strategizing capabilities, and his augmented side which we added - which shows up as a 'red' side to his Psionic power... It adds to him an ability to harness his aggression and destructive power in focused amounts. We're not telling him, but, unfortunately, he was supposed to be completely... 'red'. He was supposed to be a simple machine of destruction, though he was originally made for stealth... we scrapped the idea, for the fact that fear tends to get better reactions than a mysterious infiltrator. He has since been trained extensively... excrutiatingly. He's had his fair share of pain along the way...

However, there are some occasions where his 'red' side takes full control, say, under extreme pressure or as an unintenional last resort. During these occasions...

lerredrage.png

He becomes an unstoppable force of destruction. Immense power, strength, and speed... He does not flinch in these cases. Ever. If hit, he will simply recoil, immediately and brutally. When he attacks physically, he is incredibly fast. When he attacks mentally or with energy, it is also incredibly fast - mentally, it is a constant barrage of mental shifts - blinding the opponent with a red tint and shaking. Their vision becomes blurred and the headaches - from the few test opponents that have survived - are nearly unbearable. With energy... he unleashes incredible power, and in some cases, it almost appears that even he cannot control the power once it is let out. It is like a beast wriggling out of a small space - or a water flow. Once it starts going through, it struggles to get out in a rushing force. He can even propel himself with his energy, in some cases using it as a 'rocket boost' to send himself hurtling into an opponent. He feels very little pain in his 'red' mode. All in all, he is incredibly dangerous for everyone near him... which is why he is best for solo missions (Except for odd circumstances with his current best partner, Exile).

In general, I, and the rest of the team that have worked on this project, find him to have once been seen as a failure... but at this point is an incredible success.

In finishing, Dr. Akavir of the Emperium Science Team, in regards to the Warrior project.

Day 471 of the Warrior project

432 Days since the Polaris was created

431 days since the Polaris began training

Sent to [REDACTED] of the Emperium Command

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

• 2 weeks later...
rogetstabbed.png

rolaunch.png

---------------------

This post was originally going to have four panels, but somehow 'fell out' of the comic phase after making these two. I'll make the next two for the next update.

I posted these so you guys could have an update.

Sisen said:

Wow, now that was awesome. I haven't really been commenting lately on things (sorry) so I'll try my best to keep up to date my opinion on things. I'll try to keep it a lot shorter then I usually do though.So the graphics are impressive. Really, really impressive. I don't know anyone who could actually do something similar to this, or even replicate it, its just amazing. There are some cases where the graphics seem to lack, for instance when Leraku is shot in the arm, the lazor just looks odd. Normally when you think of a laser (I think thats what that is), you think of the outside of the beam becoming the color, and the inside is the white. Slowly advancing in color as it gets farther from the middle like a gradient. I think that is the reason in my opinion it just looks odd. Although right after that panel, the glow looks quite lovely, I like it. Really nice touch. Now the 2nd panel in that one post (With the red energy coming out of him for the first time), I thought that panel was just amazing. It looks quite simple but it also looks complex at the same time. Its really outstanding. The rest of the panels after that look phenomenal as well. The story I think is my favorite part of this series. Its really complex and mysterious. I like how every so often you give a snippet of the backstory behind things. You seem to give the perfect amount of backstory as well as the current story, it balances out quite nicely. It can be tough to do that at times. I also like how you given each character a backstory of some sort. I do wish that there will be more spotlight for the dynamic trio though, all I know is that they found a boat. I can't really complain though because the comics are still really awesome, its just lacking that comedy I've come to love about your series.Either way you're doing an fantastic job on the series, and I hope to see more soon.~Soran

Hey guys.

Yeah, I'm still alive.

Just really busy, and not really feeling like making the next two panels.

Mostly because I just mowed a gigantic lawn.

Maybe sometime, though.

Anywho, I hope you guys are still interested in this snail-pace comic.

Sisen said:

Yes, still interested. You do have quite the deep story here, that's the strongest point of the comic. You are indeed amazing with graphics, though that's more impressive in a movie. I'm here for the story, and it's great.But don't quit with your graphics. All these short two-panel comics with the text look great with them.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
d3banner.png

So, I've now updated the OP with the new banner - as well as now being officially part of the UCS.

It's generally another continuity - though Soran made a better post about it.

Anyways, the next comic post will take longer than usual because I'm going to make an incredibly large comic post. As in, a lot of them. They will be released in either one large post, or many smaller ones. What I will do is announce when the comics are done, then post them all some time later to give people time to make sure they're caught up.

Sisen said:

I can't describe in words how awesome that poster is. You nailed the graphics on it, it looks awesome. You managed to capture the character's personalities in just a poster. That right there is pretty impressive. Add in the graphics and the amazing job on the perspective as well as the whole design of the poster. It looks simply phenomenal. Awesome work on it and I can't wait for the update. Also, welcome to the UCS. :)~Soran

lerdivepunch.png

lerpiercejab.png

lerholdupcore.png

LER: Hmm...

Much time later...

lerconsolenewro.png

roactivate.png

roandlerdiscussion.png

RO: What..? Why did you-

LER: I figured out you weren't exactly acting under your own choice.

LER: I fixed that, after... dismantling your old form.

RO: How..?

LER: Removed your core, reprogrammed it - well, more like removing your override AI, and rebuilt you using parts around the lab. Turns out they were originally planning to mass-produce you... I made sure that hopefully won't be possible, however.

RO: Well... thanks, I guess. But why would you even go out of your way to help me?

viewsunlightro.png

LER: So others don't have to deal with what I've been through. Decided something, too. I don't think your codename fits anymore. It was sort of what you were created to do - not who you are.

LER: An illusion, almost. I'd say a facade.

LER: More fitting, if you ask me.

FAC: ...

LER: I'm guessing you haven't been out in awhile. Why not think this over, then come out here and see the sunlight.

introducingthesoldiers.png

LER: ...Though you may want to take your time, since we have company.

rotripleshotsoldiers.png

rosmokinggun.png

FAC: I made my decision. I'm coming with you - It's not like I have any reason to stay in that blasted cave. It might be better, since I don't really know what to do anymore. Anyways... speaking of company, there's someone behind you.

lerakunoticesoran.png

SOR: That would be me.

Also, here's a little something for you guys.

What now?

--------------------------------

I decided that I'm gonna give you guys this to look at for now, as these are currently all of the done panels. Still, larger posts here and hopefully a few more. Enjoy. Also, something I missed - I accidentally didn't include Ler's scorch marks on some of the panels.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

That was amazing, it truly was.It was really worth the wait in my opinion. The way you integrated and explained Ro's sprite change and name change was genius. The effects, phenomenal, its those tiny details which I find completely awesome. Things like the energy from entering rage mode slowly disappearing in the 3rd panel. The scorch on your armor (although as you stated, you had forgotten it in some of the panels), The smoke in the background, etc. All of it just amazing. I also was surprised by Exile's appearance in the last panel and I anticipate what will happen next.Now I can't just leave with compliments (although I normally do), so heres the things that I think you should improve on. One of the things is consistency, the scorch mark for example is one. You need to focus on every little detail, although it seems as though you recognized the mistake so its fine at the moment. Another consistency issue is the shadows. You've done a good job with shadows so far, but there are some cases here youu either forgot one or you 'messed up' a little. Considering how bright it looks like the sun is in the background, in the last panel Exile would've had a shadow present in front of him. Resizing is another thing. You're actually good when it comes to resizing, so its not really an issue. There are some cases though that you could've done better however. An example would be Exile/Soran in the last panel. The head and the body looks like they were resized individually which makes it look a little odd, especially the head (which looks a little too small). There are also backgrounds. In some cases I honestly don't mind the backgrounds, for example, when you were in the facility/base/HQ. There are other times where the backgrounds just look ridiculous like the ones in the last few panels of the most recent update. It might be better if you photo manipulated pictures of locations, whether its the simple floor in a picture, or a base or something.Your comics excel other comics in graphics and story, there is no doubt about that. There are times where they do lack in quality whether its backgrounds or consistency but in the end it is still an amazing comic series, and I anticipate more in the future.~Soran

That was amazing, it truly was.It was really worth the wait in my opinion. The way you integrated and explained Ro's sprite change and name change was genius. The effects, phenomenal, its those tiny details which I find completely awesome. Things like the energy from entering rage mode slowly disappearing in the 3rd panel. The scorch on your armor (although as you stated, you had forgotten it in some of the panels), The smoke in the background, etc. All of it just amazing. I also was surprised by Exile's appearance in the last panel and I anticipate what will happen next.Now I can't just leave with compliments (although I normally do), so heres the things that I think you should improve on. One of the things is consistency, the scorch mark for example is one. You need to focus on every little detail, although it seems as though you recognized the mistake so its fine at the moment. Another consistency issue is the shadows. You've done a good job with shadows so far, but there are some cases here youu either forgot one or you 'messed up' a little. Considering how bright it looks like the sun is in the background, in the last panel Exile would've had a shadow present in front of him. Resizing is another thing. You're actually good when it comes to resizing, so its not really an issue. There are some cases though that you could've done better however. An example would be Exile/Soran in the last panel. The head and the body looks like they were resized individually which makes it look a little odd, especially the head (which looks a little too small). There are also backgrounds. In some cases I honestly don't mind the backgrounds, for example, when you were in the facility/base/HQ. There are other times where the backgrounds just look ridiculous like the ones in the last few panels of the most recent update. It might be better if you photo manipulated pictures of locations, whether its the simple floor in a picture, or a base or something.Your comics excel other comics in graphics and story, there is no doubt about that. There are times where they do lack in quality whether its backgrounds or consistency but in the end it is still an amazing comic series, and I anticipate more in the future.~Soran

In response to your notations (Which are constructive and appreciated), I'd like to say some things.

The panels were made over the course of a few days, so some inconsistincies are likely. Shadows are something I'm still experimenting with.

Resizing - I'm trying to set up the characters so that their heads match their size - For instance, certain full-sized masks wouldn't fit on Matoran bodies. I tried to correctly resize Soran's mask with correct percentage, but it simply looked odd, so I had to chop it up.

Backgrounds-wise, it's still a very extreme work in progress. Backgrounds have never been my strong suit, and they are the slowest-progressing improvements I've had so far. Compared to my other developing techniques, backgrounds are the slowest developing, so it's going to take plenty of time for that to work.

--

d3banner.png

When I use the banner on the top of a post, it's usually important.

In this case, it's no different.

There are going to be no comics whatsoever for the next week, for a very simple reason.

I'm going camping. So, I can't really bring my computer with me.

See you all later.

This should give you all some time to... you know, notice that little thing I added at the end of the last comic post.

It's something you all haven't been able to do for awhile.

Plus, it'll then give you some time to think about what to do.

EDIT: Really guys? No ACs? I can't be subtle. Well, you have till the end of the week to figure something out, y'goofs.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

• 3 weeks later...
lerthreatensoran.png

LER: YOU! What are you doing here?!

SOR: Calm down! Calm down! I'm not here to hurt you!

LER: It's not like I could hurt you anyways. You have your stupid little Imperium to come and run along to save their little 'pet'.

SOR: ...

LER: Or are you just going to run away again?!

SOR: It's not 'my' imperium anymore.

LER: What?

SOR: I quit. Ages ago. I thought about what you said so long ago... They didn't really give me everything, anyways.

LER: Do you mean -

SOR: Yes. Slaughtered like a fat Mahi.

LER: ...

SOR: I understand if you don't trust me.

SOR: I just wanted to try and fix things. It's not exactly fun being enemies.

SOR: Please. From an old friend.

SORAN has joined the Matoran Company

LER: OH FOR-

LER: Fine!

------------

So...

Did anyone even notice this on the last post?

VVVVVVVV

didanyonenoticethisorwhat.png

Anyways, I'm back from camping. Exhausted from the trip, had to force myself to make this, but It's all said and done so the satisfaction is worth it.

Comics might drift into the slow streak again for me as I also have schoolwork to manage with again.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

Wow. Since I never could keep up with the early parts of DDD, I didn't expect that to happen. Therefore, nice surprise.I actually found it funny how Leraku accepted Soran, just the way he did it. All the implications that they were mortal enemies, and then he's like "Gah, fine."Nice work, and good to see you back.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

whosthisguy.png

Who's this guy?

acsopenocler.png

???: A little message from the big guy... Allrightie then.

comeonguysacsright.png

???: So. Anyways. Yeah, ACs have been open since the end of... yeah, that big post with nine panels? Anyone gonna send something in, or do we need to wait till you guys remember what the point of a CYOA is? I mean, the break might be cool and all, but, seriously.

???: Send something, at least. Even something about me. I'll answer some questions.

------------

Yeah, guys. Waitin' and all. I'm fine with waiting a bit, and I understand after the long period of no ACs... but have you either not noticed, or does everyone think everyone else is going to send them in? Eh. Well, there you go.

Sisen said:

...Will he end up like SelfInsert!Hussie in HS?

Sorry. I'd rather adress that question in comic - So, if you really want to know, send an AC in that asks him. I could really use it, too, since I've had none. At all. For... ages, actually.

Sisen said:

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere between the planes of existence...

pongface.png

???: Hey... guys?

???: It's been a week or so...

???: Still no ACs. Come on, please? ACs feed the inbox! It's hungry... and stuff. And D3 is mainly about you guys' input, so it's going to be hard to progress without it.

???: If you're not going to send in one, at least post why you aren't.

???: Besides, I can only play pong on my face for so long before I get worried about this.

Sisen said:

What in the world is an AC?!?
ACs are Action Commands - As in, what someone sends in for what they want to happen next. Thus, making it a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure. People send in stuff, I play it out.
I'd send one, but I dont know what should happen...
Doesn't have to be too serious. Say, going somewhere, have a character do something. The current goal is to go to Ta-Koro (for some... stuff. bwahaha.) but something odd can happen on the way.

Sisen said:

veepong.png

???: Wait. An AC? Really?

???: Great.

???: I'll just get out of here for now.

??? So you people can keep watching your...

???: uh

???: thing.

???: I'll just go and... keep doing some stuff.

LER: Reunite with your party members!

theboatarrives.png

LER: So, what did you get from the computers before we leave?

FAC: Well, I got as much data from the computer and the Imperium database as I could before my access was shut down. Including info on a planned attack...

LER: Planned attack? Where?

FAC: Ta-Koro. I'm sorry about it, as I know you have some-

LER: We have to get there, ASAP. We were going there anyways, but that is just proving how urgent this is.

SOR: Uh... guys? We've got some company. I think it's your buddies, Leraku. Except... on a boat.

LER: Buddies? Oh...

LER: Oh no. They're not going to like this...

FAC: What?

LER: I'm going to break some unfortunate news to them...

Unfortunate news?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

• 2 weeks later...

LER: Break news.

lernewsbreak.png

KJ: Hey, Leraku! We're here!

JK: Yeah. It was a pretty uneventful boat ride.

KJ: We played Go Fish to pass the time!

UT: I never want to see a deck of cards again...

LER: That's... well, okay. I've got something to tell you guys.

JK: Really? What?

LER: We're heading to Ta-Koro, and -

UT: We know. You already told us.

LER: No, not that. It's that... after we get there, you guys are not going to be able to come along with us.

KJ: Huh?

JK: WHAT? What are you talking about?

LER: There's going to be a lot of bad things going on from here on - things I don't know that you'd be able to survive.

LER: I know you guys are strong in your own right - Justax, you're good with that keyblade, Utah, you've got that... concussion blaster thing, and Joe...

LER: Well, you're kind of...

LER: Joe.

LER: I guess.

UT: So? What's the point?

LER: Look at me! Do you see this massive scorch mark on my chestplate?

JK: Yeah... so?

LER: Think about what kind of damage I can take. Think of what kind of power could actually injure me this badly?

UT: Yeesh.

LER: If I have trouble with that sort of thing, how do you know you'd be able to survive it?

KJ: Guess we don't...

LER: Exactly. According to what Facade told me, there's going to be an attack on Ta-Koro - so we need to get there fast. I know you guys are stronger than the average matoran, so you'll be crucial to the defense there after we leave.

JK: So? Why can't we follow you anyways if you guys are strong enough.

LER: Justax! These machines were literally made to harm, razing everything in their way in a wave of destruction! You'd rather stay with us to plunge into the heart of all of them?

JK: Not really...

UT: Hold up. Machines?

LER: Yes. Our enemy has been producing an army of killer robots bent on controlling the entire island.

KJ: How do you know..?

LER: For starters, we just fought some. They were pretty easy for us, but... well, you know.

LER: They were basic ones. Besides, Facade here is one of their productions, but... he defected.

FAC: Hey, what's up.

JK: Ooookay then.

LER: In short, I'm asking you to stay at Ta-koro for your own safety.

UT: Allright... fine. I guess that makes sense.

SOR: Hey, Leraku! There's something you need to know-

LER: Soran, I'm kind of busy...

SOR: It's important! It's the smoke - the fire is coming from Ta-koro.

LER: So? Ta-Koro is on a volcano. Of course there's going to be smoke.

SOR: No, not like that - I mean, there's fire, and - all sorts! Ta-Koro is already under attack!

LER: WHAT?!

What now?

----------

Sorry about taking so long for this update. Literally, exactly a week ago, my uncle died - leaving me and my family pretty shellshocked. My sister and mother have left for New York for the funeral, and due to other events it's lately just been a gigantic wad of chaos this past week. Anyways, here's your update. Hope you enjoy it.

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said: