Dents, Dings, And Disasters

Control_Vee

Oops.I just sent an AC to Leraku in light of the new backstory. I wasn't supposed to do that, was I?Oh well, it is looking good, and I hope this continues much farther then it is already. So surprising that we have gotten so far, so quickly.

JK: Try and shrug it off, act cool and pretend nothing happened.returningtolestory.pngYou fail miserably.JK: Mrtphfhl... Hey joe. Nice weather, eh?UT: HAHAHAHAHAHA.UT: HAHAHA.JK: Shush.UT: I'm not done.UT: HAHAAA HAAHUT: Haah...JK: You done?UT: HAHAHAHA.UT: Pfft... heh.JK: ...KJ: Guysssss.KJ: Guys.KJ: I found something.KJ It's a boat.itsdabooooaaaaaat.pngKJ: Tah daaah!JK: Joe.JK: That doesn't look like a boat.UT: For once, i agree.KJ: Trust me!JK: It looks a bit... old...KJ: Trust meeee!UT: And it looks kind of strange.KJ: Trust meeeeeeeeeeeee.JK: But-KJ: Trust meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!UT: And-KJ: TRUST ME!KJ: TRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTME.KJ: TRUST MEEEEE.JK: Fine!Now what?-----------------------------Okay then, some rules from here on.Things won't be game-ish from here on, I.E 'ascension ranks' and such. I'm going to leave that alone for the sake of story. ACs will continue, and general silliness will still be around, however.Leraku's sheet has been slightly changed, it will be seen later.I may have to use some of Joe's alternate six-shade sprites instead of his Chimoru Kal sheet, due to certain extremely necessary poses being lacking. Like 360 spinnies.Currently, in my plan there are currently 3 'stories' going on, until these three meet up with Leraku on the Ta-Wahi beaches.One: The main story, in this case what's going on with UT, JK and KJTwo: Leraku's memory-plotsThree: The 'outer universe' as seen before.I may add more as i remember, but, enjoy the general silliness, and Joe's insane abilities of negotiation.

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

Joe is a good negotiator. I doubt anyone can say no to him. Well besides maybe Leraku...Thanks for the heads up on what we can look forward to seeing.nice job on the comics and keep up the good work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 2 weeks later...

Who, me?Not updating?...Well, sort of.For one, i haven't gotten ANY ACs IN THIS TIME.But, due to the long time of... well, no-acs, i've decided to plan a little animationthingamajig for you all.So... eh.Just don't think that 'no acs = animation', k?

Sisen said:

http://www.majhost.c...ooooaaaaaat.pngKJ: Tah daaah!JK: Joe.JK: That doesn't look like a boat.UT: For once, i agree.KJ: Trust me!JK: It looks a bit... old...KJ: Trust meeee!UT: And it looks kind of strange.KJ: Trust meeeeeeeeeeeee.JK: But-KJ: Trust meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!UT: And-KJ: TRUST ME!KJ: TRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTMETRUSTME.KJ: TRUST MEEEEE.JK: Fine!

you wanna know what i see?i see a sprite from a sonic game...p.s.to keep this post on topic,i am honor bound to tell you your comix are epic.Windysnip: When quoting large images, please turn them into links.-Wind- Edited by -Windrider-

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

-ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE SNIP-you wanna know what i see?i see a sprite from a sonic game...p.s.to keep this post on topic,i am honor bound to tell you your comix are epic.

Okay, okay, uh... Sheesh.Here's a tip, don't quote and reply the ENTIRE post. Especially if it includes my comic - as the image will take up a huge part of your post, and will clutter the topic. So, please be careful. Also, i'm fairly sure my comic is dignified enough to be called a comic - not comix - so, i'd prefer it if it was called that from here on, as it is not quite as silly enough to be called 'comix'. In my mind, 'comix' are often silly, while 'comics' have a lot more versatility.Whew... okay, seriously. This is unfortunate. I really had the whole thing planned out, but i couldn't get myself to do it. It just seemed like too much technical work for just a silly little looping animation... it was going to be the 'comic relief gang' in that boat thing, dancing around or something with that Pirate song from Lazy Town playing. For starters, i just couldn't do it - and then i couldn't find a way to get the song - and plus, i've been REALLY busy lately. Installing some new programs, kickstarting a new video channel... ETC ETC. Plus, IRL's been real hectic lately, and i keep having all of these crazy commitments that i remember, and i always seem to forget about this. Sorry! EDIT: Thanks for editing this last bit into my post, Wind. I forgot. Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

im sorry if i angered you with my post saying 'comix'.i wasnt aware that you would take offense to somehing i just usually say.its sorta my thing.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

im sorry if i angered you with my post saying 'comix'.i wasnt aware that you would take offense to somehing i just usually say.its sorta my thing.

No, it's fine. Just for future reference, though.

Sisen said:

Meanwhile, a troubled Av-being struggles with his own past...lersemiconcious.pngLER: ...And meanwhile, another being quite similar has his own issues...soraninfluence.pngSOR: Darn it! Stop resisting!SOR: How am i supposed to do anything...SOR: Anything at all to help...SOR: If you won't let me?SOR: I have to force you to relive these things, because you didn't understand before...SOR: You didn't realize what i've been doing. You hate me.-------Yes. Leraku is an Av-being, a being of light, at least inherently. Due to experiments mentioned far earlier, he was converted to use Psionic powers. As he is now, he has no real element, but at his beginnings, he is an Av-being.Also, sorry about not posting much. I've been really busy, installing new things on my computer and ETC, and even a few programs not working at all. In better news, two of the new working programs are Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Trackmania Nations Forever. I still won't be updating super frequently - in fact, i nearly didn't even update at all this time - but i hope you guys will still tune in.-Leraku

Sisen said:

Yay, you're back! I'm really loving the back story of these comics and how it all affects the present time of the comics. I really like the effects you got. They look nice. I'll try to send in more ACs whenever I think of some.Nice job on the comics and keep up the great work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

And as forced visions of the past go on...soranvision1.pngEX: Pfft... that was it? Hardly even a challenge. What kind of 'first warrior' are you?lerakubehidnyousoran.pngEX: Wait... where did you go..?soranvisionlerpunch.pngAnd as the powerful impact sent shockwaves through the fabric of memories themselves...lerbreakfree.pngLER: ...Rrragh!SOR: Aaagh!A tormented hero breaks free of his influence.

Sisen said:

It seems as if Soran is trying to send memories to Leraku... I'm assuming this is U1 (Virtual universe) so this is interesting. It also looks like Leraku basically repelled Soran's mental attacks either by his own mental attacks or by force. Or at least that is what I think just happened. Either way it's really interesting whats been happening lately.Nice job and keep up the great work,~Soran

It also looks like Leraku basically repelled Soran's mental attacks either by his own mental attacks or by force.

Pretty much - Leraku, using Psionics, has a lot of mental capabilities. Thus, he repelled Soran's power by a raw outburst of mental and psionic energy. However, the attack in the third panel actually did happen in the past, Leraku just decided to focus his attack at the same moment he was forced to remember a similar attack in power. Soran, being the catalyst for these memories, would have experienced mild discomfort as his concentration would have to be tense at that point due to his experience in the past as well. He was not expecting to be dually parried, and was knocked out of his attempt.

Sisen said:

Wow this series is completely amazing.btw thought I'd mention that some of the older pics are not showing from iaza.com

Thanks for the compliment, and the notification. Unfortunately, i have to sometimes delete some of the images from my computer in order to clear up space/etc, so i'm not sure if i still have them. Given how busy i am lately, i doubt i'd be able to remake them if i don't. Plus... those images are more Joe being silly with a Bohrok head.

Sisen said:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's the deal. This is pretty important, so i'd appreciate if it wasn't merged into the past post so this can move to the front so people could read it.

For starters, i've been EXTREMELY busy lately. New computer issues, real life commitments, and general business with my family. And i've had a few issues with the comics. For example, the first time i tried to set up the latest comic, GIMP crashed due to me accidentally putting too many digits for the resize tool. It overloaded the script-fu and crashed. For another thing, i am still going to be waiting to see how the other spritework goes on around here and see how it comes out - plus, i've been out in a 'phase' again where i have not had much drive to make comics, but once i have enough spare time and an inkling of drive, i think i can keep up the comics again. For now, i don't know how long it'll be before the next comic - which is unfortunate due to how infrequently i make comics as it is. Hopefully, however, if i get to the right point, i'll be able to start back up that insanely fast comic speed like i did when the comic was first starting out. Sorry about all this.

-Leraku

Sisen said:

Do not double post unless you have new content. If you'd like, you can have your topic temporarily closed and reopened when you're ready to update it.
No, i'd like to keep it open for now. However, apologies on the double post - i didn't like having to do it, and since i didn't have any feasible content available, nor would i likely for a while, i had to, since the topic being far in the back, people were not likely to check it for the information i posted. I'll be more careful anyways, so, thank you.

Sisen said:

He' an Android! [/reference]Anyway, look like LER has some secrets.And whats happening with Joe, Justax and Utah?
1. He's not an android, however, he was enhanced as mentioned before, remember? The computer and this 'project juggernaut' are made by the same people who enhanced him/made him into what he is now.2. The other three are still boating. I want to finish up on some plans before i get them back together - i'm still having to rethink what's going to happen next.

Sisen said:

Sorry for the lack of feedback on the updates.So apparently Leraku is exploring the facility of the people who created 'Project Juggernaut', or that is how I view what is happening. Alright, its official, these comics have just reached maximum epicness in graphics. The simple backgrounds look really good in some cases, while in others (like when he opens the door) they really look odd (its probably because of the high quality cloud brushes vs a simple background). Since the comics slowly advance in plot, there isn't much to speculate about.The things I do wonder, however, is whats happening in the last panel. It seems as though he is either being transmitted power or is being drained of power, or something similar. Although I do believe that Leraku was given cybernetic enhancements, and possibility some sort of stability armor that might help keep the enhancements in check, as for no malfunctions. I'm guessing that the command log is reacting to him in some way which might be because of either one of his enhancements, his armor, or his psionic abilities.Still a really awesome story and its great to see it coming along.~Soran

Edited by Soran

The simple backgrounds look really good in some cases, while in others (like when he opens the door) they really look odd (its probably because of the high quality cloud brushes vs a simple background).
I can explain this one. I did that first panel late at night, and i finished the rest the next morning when i was fresh and mentally ready.
The things I do wonder, however, is whats happening in the last panel. It seems as though he is either being transmitted power or is being drained of power, or something similar.
Leraku is recognized by the computer to be using similar technology to Project Juggernaut, and assumes to continue it's last action, which was giving the Juggernaut being a power boost and activating it's armor, thus usually activating the juggernaut.If, say, the Juggernaut being is not correctly equipped, the computer will convert the armor to an active mode.Since those who Leraku worked for at first also made Project Juggernaut, Leraku's enhancements were triggered and connected to by the computer.

Sisen said:

lernewarmor.png

LER:WHAT.

LER: No, seriously. WHAT.

computeractivating.png

LER: Okay... now, what does this mean?

rohead.png

RO: ONLINE. ANALYZING SURROUNDINGS. INITALIZING PERSONALITY...

RO: ...

RO: There's someone else here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys.

I made a new Faxon.

It looks pretty good, in my opinion. You guys like it?

Edited by Leraku

Sisen said:

So thats what that computer does. So does this mean that everyone is going to be Chimoru R or just you, Ro and possibly Soran? Ro is finally making his appearance. I'm wondering what is going to happen next. I suspect battle. Great job on the comics and keep up the good work,~Soran

So thats what that computer does. So does this mean that everyone is going to be Chimoru R or just you, Ro and possibly Soran? Ro is finally making his appearance. I'm wondering what is going to happen next. I suspect battle.Great job on the comics and keep up the good work,~Soran
I'm not sure if i can get everyone into Chimoru R - for instance, i haven't heard from some of the others in ages, thus i think it might be a bit... difficult, to get them to whip up an R sheet for me. It'd probably be pretty time consuming, so i kinda doubt i'd be able to do it. So, i'm not sure what i'm going to do. If anyone wants to, they can make a sheet. I'm probably kinda busy to do so for now.
You got Ro into this? Inspired partly by Soran's comics, I'm guessing.
Nope. Ro asked me quite awhile ago to get into the comics, and i finally decided on how to do so. It just happened to be around the time of Ro being a main-ish character for the moment. Also. Keep in mind - i don't really invite people to the comic, they send in their own requests.

Sisen said:

ronoticesler.pngLER: Hm. This new armor works pretty well. At least it still lets me use my powers...RO: Who..?RO: OBJECTIVE.RO: Huh?RO: THAT IS YOUR OBJECTIVE.RO: THE JUGGERNAUT PROJECT WAS CREATED TO HUNT DOWN RENEGADE MEMBERS OF [REDACTED].RO: THIS IS LERAKU, THE FIRST MEMBER OF [REDACTED], WHO REGRETFULLY WENT VIGILANTE. HE IS YOUR PRIMARY TARGET.RO: But... what did he do?RO: HE DECIDED TO RECONSIDER WORKING FOR [REDACTED].RO: THAT WAS AN UNACCEPTABLE DECISION.RO: Why did he leave?RO: HE THOUGHT WHAT [REDACTED] DID WAS... IMMORAL. POINTLESS DESTRUCTION AND HARM TO INNOCENTS.RO: THAT WAS INTOLERABLE. [REDACTED] FOLLOWS THE IDEA OF THE ENDS /ALWAYS/ JUSTIFY THE MEANS. REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS HARMED.RO: That seems... cruel.RO: RELUCTANCE DETECTED. ACTIVATING OVERRIDE.RO: What? No! Don't-RO: OVERRIDE AT 50%.lerjudo.pngLER: Well, look what we have here.RO: Help! No... run! Just run! I can't control...RO: OVERRIDE AT 100%.

Sisen said: