Doctor Who. Official!

Or books. There are tons of literary universes (Discworld is a prime example) that would be great for a Doctor Who crossover.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Series 7 might be filming in Spain. Apparently an actor called Rob Cavazos is flying to Spain shortly to play a character called Walter in Doctor Who. Makes sense as S7 begins filming very soon.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu

• 2 weeks later...

Nah. Give me Rowan Atkinson or... hmm. Death seems a bit extreme, unless you take "Death" to mean Christopher Lee's portrayal of Death in a Discworld movie.Christopher Lee dressed up as the Grim Reaper would be a pretty surreal Doctor.But seriously. Rowan Atkinson, or maybe Alan Rickman. We need a snarker as the Doctor.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Mmm, not sure about that last suggestion. Potts is a decent actor but he always seemed tailor-made to fit into the sidekick role to me. Then again, the only thing I can remember seeing him in is Primeval, where its rare he gets to be much more than comic relief (though does well when he does get thrown a bone to sink his teeth into). So I'm a tad biased, because most of what I've seen Potts do is Scared or Confused or some measure in between. I'm not sure he could be as authoritative as the Doctor is sometimes required to be

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Well, yes, but all puns aside, his work in Blackadder shows that Atkinson does a great job with clever, snarky characters.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

If anyone saw The Curse of Fatal Death (comic relief Doctor Who parody thing way back, written by Steven Moffat incidentally), Rowan Atkinson played The Doctor in that. Even though it was only for a short time and in something intended to be a spoof more than anything, I think he did an excellent job. I'd love to see him play the role properly. My only concerns are that he might be a bit too old now (though I don't see that as being much of an issue) and he's too well known. I think it would be difficult for a lot of people to see him as The Doctor when they already know him so well as Blackadder or Mr Bean or even just as himself. Still, it could be brilliant if it happened.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

Yeah, they do have a tendency to avoid well-known actors, don't they... Then again, with the American audience, they might get away with it.Still, give him a little bit of hair-dye or a wig, and he wouldn't look all that old.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Which proves my point rather conveniently.In America, Rowan Atkinson is either Mr. Bean or he isn't known at all. Which, based on the fact that David Tennant had already done some good work prior to being the Doctor, would appear to be close enough to unknown to work.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Mmm, not sure about that last suggestion. Potts is a decent actor but he always seemed tailor-made to fit into the sidekick role to me. Then again, the only thing I can remember seeing him in is Primeval, where its rare he gets to be much more than comic relief (though does well when he does get thrown a bone to sink his teeth into). So I'm a tad biased, because most of what I've seen Potts do is Scared or Confused or some measure in between. I'm not sure he could be as authoritative as the Doctor is sometimes required to be

Yeah, I've heard that kind of comment a lot.I first encountered him in Syfy's Alice miniseries, where he plays the Mad Hatter, and he is just fantastically eccentric to the point that halfway through I pegged him as having good Doctor potential. (The miniseries itself isn't half bad, like most of Syfy's miniseries (not to be confused with their awful big-budget low-budget b-movies).)I also think that because nobody thinks he should be it, he'd be great to be it. But then again they usually go for actors who aren't well known so people don't immediately get biased upon hearing the announcement.-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They're set to announce the new companion's actor/actress today in London; I wonder who it'll be?

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

A little more interesting is the broadcast format they're describing; apparently she'll join in the sixth episode, which'll be aired at Christmas, with Amy and Rory leaving in the fifth episode, which involves

the Weeping Angels.

And then there'll be eight episodes in the spring of 2013.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

I've lost all interest in tracking down and posting pictures of the upcoming season, since this site isn't as active anymore (as far as I can tell).

Anyone been seeing the pictures for the Western story? Looks interesting, especially the cyborg.

All I know is that Ben Browder (Farscape, Stargate SG-1) will be in it, so that's cool.

It's

Jenna Louise Coleman. She's a young, pretty British female, so no radical changes to the formula.

I do hope they change the formula up a little bit. Different personality/attitude, from another time period, actually a humanoid alien from another planet... Hey, I can dream.I'm still an Amy fanboy for now though.

A little more interesting is the broadcast format they're describing; apparently she'll join in the sixth episode, which'll be aired at Christmas, with Amy and Rory leaving in the fifth episode, which involves

the Weeping Angels.

And then there'll be eight episodes in the spring of 2013.

Interesting. Did not know how they were broadcasting this.-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Well, I'm glad they're giving this one something different, even if she does otherwise, from what can be seen so far, adhere to the usual pattern.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I would like to see a male Doctor/male companion partnership for at least a season, but I doubt it'll ever happen... the problem with young female companions is that they usually end up being useless and screaming a lot. This particularly annoyed me with Amy, since it was clear Moffat wanted her to be more of a headstrong kind of companion, but the writers of some episodes treated her the same as all the rest.

That's the trouble with variable writers on a show, and, in extreme cases, it begins resembling bad fan-fiction more than a good episode of a great show like Doctor Who. Some of the writers don't understand who the characters are supposed to be, they just know that they're (in the case of Amy) female and a companion, so they take out the well-worn "screaming and useless" stencil and get to work.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The new trailer that was shown at the Official Doctor Who Convention has been leaked online BTW, the official version should be released on Monday.

It's all from the first 3 episodes and features lots of awesome western cyborg-cowboy bits, some Egyptians(?) and giant robots in a space ship, running on beaches, a snow-covered landscape and a snowy Dalek eyestalk.

It's exciting stuff.

Edited by Ultrapunch

Sounds like they're filming the fifth episode (Amy and Rory's goodbye) in New York. The show's really picked up on the "filming abroad" thing in the past couple years, hasn't it?