Doctor Who. Official!

Yeah, I was disappointed by how they showed the angels moving, mainly because, to preserve the mysteriousness of the angels, you should never actually show them moving. Plus, they moved absurdly slowly, that was definitely the low point of that two-parter.Still, Angel Bob was a clever touch.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, I was disappointed by how they showed the angels moving, mainly because, to preserve the mysteriousness of the angels, you should never actually show them moving. Plus, they moved absurdly slowly, that was definitely the low point of that two-parter.

Well, the interesting thing that Lhikevikk pointed out is that they're only stone when they're watched, and we were watching them.... Besides, who says the angels HAVE to move super fast? They can pick and choose how fast they want to go. They probably were moving slowly because they figured Amy couldn't see them, but were still a bit hesitant and unsure. The Soundtrack was released today. Anyone have it?

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

Now that explains it satisfactorily, albeit it assumes rather more cleverness than I would attribute to the writers of any show except this one. Seeing as this show is, well, this show, you might just be right.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The Soundtrack was released today. Anyone have it?

I've got it. Its (as usual) very good, but the only thing that I was disappointed about was that The Majestic Tale (Doctor and River vs the Silence music) is cut down and fades out before it should end. Overall though, excellent soundtrack.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu

The Soundtrack was released today. Anyone have it?

Yeah, I've listened through it. All in all it's pretty good, though there are a few pieces missing that I would have liked to hear.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Yeah, I was disappointed by how they showed the angels moving, mainly because, to preserve the mysteriousness of the angels, you should never actually show them moving. Plus, they moved absurdly slowly, that was definitely the low point of that two-parter.

Well, the interesting thing that Lhikevikk pointed out is that they're only stone when they're watched, and we were watching them....Besides, who says the angels HAVE to move super fast? They can pick and choose how fast they want to go. They probably were moving slowly because they figured Amy couldn't see them, but were still a bit hesitant and unsure.The Soundtrack was released today. Anyone have it?
I'm unsure about buying it, because I've been largely disappointed by the previous two soundtracks, Series 5 and the Series 4 specials (No, I am not buying the christmas special soundtrack, that was a bad episode and doesn't deserve any more of my time). They just seemed flat and lacked the emotion that the Series 1-4 soundtracks involved. Now, I'm not saying they were without brilliant tracks, The Clouds Pass, The Master Suite and the aforementioned The Life and Death of Amy Pond are amazing, but besides from that everything's just been...boring.That said, listening to a couple of Series 6 tracks on a certain video hosting website, they sound a lot more interesting than I expected. Anyone know the name of the track used for when Sexy died/went back to being the Tardis?

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I really liked the series 5 soundtrack: there are tracks like I Am The Doctor, The Vampires of Venice, A Useful Striker (such fun!), and quite a few tracks from the finale. One of my favorite soundtracks to listen to, really--everything was so awesome!Trying to find the series 6 soundtrack, of course, but I live in the states and things never get released at the same time anywhere, for anything, wherever produced.-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Not sure how disliking an episode is really a reason not to buy an album by a composer you like, but okay.

Usually if I dislike an episode, that means it left no impression on me and was completely forgettable. That includes music. If it doesn't wow me during a scene, or get stuck in my head when the scenes finished then I don't see why I need to buy it. Although, that's fair enough why the soundtracks gotten a little "flatter". Bit disappointing, but I'll go with it, if Moffat doesn't want to be compared to RTD.

LzcD9OS.png

Personally, the series 6 soundtrack, while nice, hasn't had as many immediately memorable tracks to it as some of the past ones - but overall I think the songs are a bit more enjoyable than the past releases on average, even if they're not all super-memorable. Probably the episode with the best score is A Good Man Goes to War; it only has four tracks on the album, but three of them are superb ("Pop", "Tell Me Who You Are", and "Melody Pond"). That said as I mentioned before there are a few cues missing that I would have loved to hear, in particular the version of "Melody Pond" that played immediately after the Doctor's death in "The Impossible Astronaut". There's a mix of it in "The Wedding of River Song", but I really enjoyed the original, and figured they'd have been able to fit it on (especially considering how many times they managed to cram in variations of "I Am The Doctor" last year).

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

Personally, the series 6 soundtrack, while nice, hasn't had as many immediately memorable tracks to it as some of the past ones - but overall I think the songs are a bit more enjoyable than the past releases on average, even if they're not all super-memorable. Probably the episode with the best score is A Good Man Goes to War; it only has four tracks on the album, but three of them are superb ("Pop", "Tell Me Who You Are", and "Melody Pond"). That said as I mentioned before there are a few cues missing that I would have loved to hear, in particular the version of "Melody Pond" that played immediately after the Doctor's death in "The Impossible Astronaut". There's a mix of it in "The Wedding of River Song", but I really enjoyed the original, and figured they'd have been able to fit it on (especially considering how many times they managed to cram in variations of "I Am The Doctor" last year).

Last years annoyed me, because of all the tracks they crammed in, which were obviously just to pad the album out, they left out the one track I wanted, which was the one that played when Rory died......When Rory died in Amy's Choice. Not the other Rory deaths.

LzcD9OS.png

Yeah, they always seem to pass over good tracks each year, and they've said they won't ever release past series' tracks on newer soundtracks, which is a shame.

Yeah, they always seem to pass over good tracks each year, and they've said they won't ever release past series' tracks on newer soundtracks, which is a shame.

Which reminds me of the Krillitane theme from School Reunion, which was another great one they decided to ignore, and an extended version of The Impossible Planet.

LzcD9OS.png

It's a shame as I was certain the choral version of 'I am the Doctor' would be on the series 5 soundtrack.

"Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all."
- Tahu

Happy Doctor Who day everyone! :biggrin: Oh, and I hear there's something else happening today which is meant to be important. I'm sure I'll think of it. Well whatever it is, have a happy one of those too!Edit: The grin smiley scares me...

Edited by Danska: Shadow Master

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I believe the other thing you're thinking of is Hogswatch. Have a happy one of those.I've always said they should talk with Terry Pratchett, arrange a Doctor Who/Discworld crossover special.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, they've already had Gaiman write for the show, so...But in all seriousness, looking forward to tonight's ep.

That said, listening to a couple of Series 6 tracks on a certain video hosting website, they sound a lot more interesting than I expected. Anyone know the name of the track used for when Sexy died/went back to being the Tardis?

That track is track 3, 'The Impossible Astronaut'. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't put the music from the opening of 'The Rebel Flesh' (with the solar storm hitting the TARDIS), and that the last track faded out early, but overall, I liked it.Got a plethora of Doctor Who stuff today. 4th Doctor's scarf, Sonic Screwdrivers from the 10th and 11th Doctors, action figures of an Auton, the 11th Doctor (and one of the aforementioned Doctor with a fez and a mop), Rose and K-9, the 3rd Doctor and a Sea Devil, a Silent, Donna Noble, and the 10th Doctor, 4 shirts with references to Doctor Who, a poster, and the 10th Doctor's brown, pinstripe suit with matching pants. All from a friend my mom works with, so it wasn't at all expensive (yay!)For all of you who've seen it yet, how was 'The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe'? It hasn't aired yet in the states.

Just finished.

I usually hate Christmas specials. This was fine at the start. Slowed towards the middle, got good towards the end again. I loved them having to watch the husband supposedly die. Powerful, I felt. Very well done. I didn't even care that he turned up alive due to them. I thought that was a great touch for the Christmas episode. If it was an episode of a Series (not in the gray area the Christmas specials fall into), I'd prefer him dead, but, it worked very well here, and he deserved to live.

audio_narration_project_banner_small.jpg

I really enjoyed it. Sentimental, yes, but it's Christmas. And I watched it with my mom, so that helped.

After reading something on another site, I realized this as well.

How is 11 more resilient than 4? Falling from a much higher position? Unless the suit saved his life. Yeah. Might have been a good thing to explain, Moffat.

The suit did save his life, I believe. That seemed to be the obvious explanation.I didn't like that episode at all. Way too much sentimentality, not much plot and what little plot there was basically solved itself (I don't care if it's Christmas. That is not an excuse for bad storytelling). The forest had already come up with a plan on how to save itself...and it worked. The Doctor was relegated to being nothing more than an observer to the entire affair, which utterly defeats the point of it being a Doctor Who story. Too much sentiment, not enough substance, and it failed to make me care about any of the characters even a tiny bit. Given how good A Christmas Carol was last year, I am very dissapointed.

Banner 2.png

Click on them to build them yourself!

I liked the Narnia references. The line about logic not being taught in schools, a relative named Uncle Diggory, the time difference between the two dimensions... there were probably others that I missed.Is it just me, or is the Eleventh Doctor even more Doctory-woctery when he's around kids?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

How is 11 more resilient than 4? Falling from a much higher position? Unless the suit saved his life. Yeah. Might have been a good thing to explain, Moffat.

The suit did save his life, I believe. That seemed to be the obvious explanation.I didn't like that episode at all. Way too much sentimentality, not much plot and what little plot there was basically solved itself (I don't care if it's Christmas. That is not an excuse for bad storytelling). The forest had already come up with a plan on how to save itself...and it worked. The Doctor was relegated to being nothing more than an observer to the entire affair, which utterly defeats the point of it being a Doctor Who story. Too much sentiment, not enough substance, and it failed to make me care about any of the characters even a tiny bit. Given how good A Christmas Carol was last year, I am very dissapointed.

That was my assumption, but still, a throwaway line when he first meets the mother or just rambling to himself would have been nice.

That was my assumption, but still, a throwaway line when he first meets the mother or just rambling to himself would have been nice.

There was a line about the suit. About it being a "healing suit" or something and the reason he couldn't take it off was because he wasn't fully fixed, because that was the point of the suit. (So I imagine if a fall like that breaks every bone in your body, the suit slowly mends your body, etc.)

-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

Christmas specials never interest me. Especially with Moffat. His are better than Davies, I think, but he tries too hard to make a Christmas story. There's a reason I never watch Christmas shows (except Charlie Brown). Don't interest me.That, and right before, I found some trailers for Series 2 of Sherlock, so I kind of tuned myself out in anticipation of Sherlock on Sunday or Monday, whenever it goes online.

I am really very cross with Netflix right now. Rewatched everything on there - well, alright, I skipped three of Tennant's episodes - and nothing past the Big Bang is available.Still.I mean, season 6 is quite thoroughly over at this point. Does 7 have to end before they put 6 up or something?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I am really very cross with Netflix right now. Rewatched everything on there - well, alright, I skipped three of Tennant's episodes - and nothing past the Big Bang is available.Still.I mean, season 6 is quite thoroughly over at this point. Does 7 have to end before they put 6 up or something?

You skipped Tennant Episodes?!?!? SACRILEGE! But I have no idea why Netflix waits. I found a place to watch them, but I'm not sure if I can link to it.

Eh, one or two of them had plots that were fine for watching once, but would have become absurdly stupid a second time (Looking at you, Fear Her). You probably can't link to it. I'll just do the old thumb-twiddling thing until Netflix puts Season 6 up.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well, yes, but that would be the sensible thing to do. I'm a little low on sensible at the moment.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

They released Series 5 a year to the day after it first aired, I think. I'd probably count on sometime around April being able to watch it on Netflix. Otherwise, buy it off iTunes, buy the DVDs, etc. If they waited until Series 7 was over, it'd come out in 2013.