Doctor Who. Official!

Be a bit of a convoluted question to phrase, I think."What is the question - not a question, mind, the question - that corresponds to the Answer - again, not an answer, The ANSWER - that is Forty-Two?"Of course, if the Doctor knew the answer to that question (or, more succinctly, the Question to that Answer) the universal destruction/replacement would occur based on his knowledge alone.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

:kaukau: Yout know, Beardy, I think I liked you better when you had an avatar that I could take seriously. Like the Silence. Silence was cool.Anyway, I hope they bring back Jenny sometime. Preferrably while Matt Smith is the Doctor. And someday I would like to see Susie brought back, even though all the Time Lords suposedly died. It would still amount to a "moment of awesome", as they're called.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

I don't know, I was pretty familiar with the name before I saw it as a name on Doctor Who. There have been American actors and such with that name.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

They're filming in New York City right now. If anyone on here reading this is nearby, head to Central Park ASAP.Meanwhile, I'm trying to work through friends to get Matt Smith's autograph. If I happen to get it, I will inform you all.

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

:kaukau: That makes me really wish that I was touring in New York. Awww.Anyway, I've been thinking about the weeping angels. They've changed their killing method to be more violent, which I don't like. I preferred it when their killing method was surreal. Then I thought about the minotaur from The God Complex, and I realized that it would have been rather interesting if the angels had a similar killing method. Like if they touch you, you become extremely happy and die of happiness. It's killing people nicely, but it's still scary when you see it coming.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

The Weeping Angels have only appeared in Blink, The Time of Angels, and Flesh and Stone. In the last two, they snapped the necks of the victims because they weren't strong enough to send a lot of people back in time. I really hope that the next Weeping Angels episode

Supposedly it's Episode 5 and it's also Amy and Rory's goodbye.

they bring back the "send back in time" idea, but expound on it more.

They've been filming for Episode 5 in NYC, around Bethesda Fountain (which happens to contain an angel statue) and throughout Central Park. Do you think it's just a coincidence that they're filming around places with angel statues and that the Statue of Liberty happens to be nearby...?

:kaukau: Ah, okay. I thought that they decided to change their method of killing for the sake of making them a bit more savage. A cousin of mind remarked that if you thought about it, they really weren't that scary because all they did was make some time-travel hocus-pocus, and he had me thinking that they had retconned the idea. Anyway, in the latter two episodes, I thought that they had gained full strength again once they entered into the spaceship and fed off of its energies. The ones in Blink were supposedly scavengers in comparison. I'd like to get a better idea of when they kill you nicely and when they break your neck.The Statue of Liberty, a weeping angel in disguise? Interesting thought...Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

I'm sure some day down the line, the BBC will decide they just have to film in Wisconsin to really capture that Doctor Who feel.Yeah, that's what's gonna happen. Definitely.(fffffffffff)

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

The idea of the Statue of Liberty being a Weeping Angel seems silly to me. It's metal, it's huge, and it doesn't even look like one.Besides, think of how ridiculous it would look.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Eh, I just don't see it happening. Besides, Weeping Angels aren't partly hollow, and don't hold books or torches.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Ehh, I'm just not seeing it working. Or it being the sort of thing the writers would do.Besides, Weeping Angels aren't built by the French.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

How do you know it was made by the French, eh? Perhaps it showed up on their doorstep one day and they assumed a local sculptor had made it....Apparently, a friend of mine reported they're doing casting calls in Los Angeles. Not sure if this is true or not... anyone out there that can confirm or deny this?

:kaukau: Doctor Who likes to take historical events and put a sci-fi twist on them. I've lost track of the number of times an alien race has fled to Earth after their home planet was destroyed and it turned out that they were the primary reason for some historical event that totally didn't need them to be explained, such as those rock people being the reason for Pompeii's erruption, or the Silence being extra motivation for landing on the moon. Or Carrion Knights being the reason why Shakespeare lost a play.Besides, any question of historical documentations that would suggest it was made by humans could be handwaved with a mega perception filter.And Tilius is right, it's totally something they would do, for reasons already stated. If you just apply the MST3K Mantra in the right places.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Carrionites, one word.I suppose it's possible that they would do that, but, to me, doing that would be a case of the silliness overriding everything else.Besides, Dalek ships don't look like Daleks. Why should ships used by Weeping Angels (if they even have ships - they never seemed, to me, like the sort that would actually build their own) have to look like them?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Well IMO Writers can pull off anything really.*Cough* Daleks. *Cough* Cybermen*cough* FLIPPING SCARECROWS To my point, the writers can do anything, adn the Statue of Liberty being a weeping angel isn't at the top of their crazy list. They made flipping dolls *couhg* Mermaid scary, in my next post I will think of a DWy way to explain it all. Or completely shatter while doing so. Just define all those villians for me in reality.*cough* Cyborg*cough* shadows*cough* FLIPPING DOLLS

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

Anyway. to explain a way writers could make this work could be...The Weeping Angels use humans to get a giant statue (Like they did for Bob) and anyone foolish enough to stand up and find out the truth... Snapped necks.The Statue of Liberty is built. The Weeping angels retreat in a secret way... yet to be revealed.When the Doctor takes Rory and Amy to a hyperdrive station in sector 34 when a transmission comes from Yalek 7. An oil explosion on a planet core - train sent the entire northern hemisphere exploding into chunks. The debris is heading their way. Going into the Tardis, the eye-patch lady confronts them with bodyguards and a pistol. The trio are forced to be taken prisoner, not before Amy lashes out at her, so then Amy is put to sleep when Rory tries to attack and the Doctor runs away to the Tardis to do a daring stunt. The eye-patch lady and her bodyguards escape through the Hyperdrive before the Doctor can do anything. Matirealising where Amy and Rory are, the Doctor hacks into the controls of the Hyper Drive, finding the last and most used point. The Statue of Liberty. TO BE CONTINUED

Matoro_by_agnosticambition.png

Through fire, through ice

Through the endless pain

He payed the last price

When the acts seem tame

That the sword be drawn

That the trumpets blow

When it comes to dawn

We will all bow low

For the ice warrior

For the final singer

For the last protector

For the flame-bringer

It was his greatest fear

It was his final fight

His name glistens here

In the stars tonight

Matoro

Yeeeeah, I'm going with what TPtI said. Somehow I doubt Kovarian and the Silence will play as much of a role in this season as they did in the last one.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

:kaukau: I doubt it, too, given that even though Mofat's seasons have been fairly similar, there's been a certain amount of change between the two he's ben in charge of so far. They each had their own plot and recurring problems throughout the seasons, but they were different each time. This season wil have a different overall conflict as well with new characters to represent it. Eye-Patch Lady shouldn't turn up again because the Doctor has supposedly been killed.Speaking of which, I'm wondering how they could follow the Doctor around and know which points in time were fixed. Do they have time-travel too?Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh

Well, if they're trying to kill a time-traveler, all they do is just visit all the places he's been and get a good knowledge of how time works. If they look at an event a certain way, they can say "Oh, that's a fixed point. We can't go there." or "Perfect. A still-point in time. That'll do just nicely!" Plus, before the Doctor "died", it really wasn't too hard to find him; all you had to do was go to some random planet and strike up a conversation about him, then people reveal things.

:kaukau: It's just that it seems they appeared at multiple points in time, from litle Melody Pond appearing in late-sixties America where they presumably dropped her off to reappearing in the future to force River Song into the suite. Then they brought her to present-day Utah. They were all over the place.Plus, asking around might have brought up the Doctor, but at the same time you'll just find out about various diferent individual adventures and you wouldn't know for sure which adventure was where in his personal time-stream. Peole can only reveal so much.Your Honor,Tyrannosaurus Kraggh