Toa Piraka Hakann Comics

Hexann

Ah, freedom and justice!Congratulations on designing a shiny sixshade villain! Now that's the kind of thing that makes for good fight scenes.The sidekick thing was funny, but one thing stood out...in a bad way.The sword is way too big! Just scale it up by 400%, not 600 or whatever that is. XDI also smell a Malignus arc coming...and a possible clash.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Ah, freedom and justice!Congratulations on designing a shiny sixshade villain! Now that's the kind of thing that makes for good fight scenes.The sidekick thing was funny, but one thing stood out...in a bad way.The sword is way too big! Just scale it up by 400%, not 600 or whatever that is. XDI also smell a Malignus arc coming...and a possible clash.
I was slightly worried that that his body would look weird with the Inika limbs, but he turned out just fine.I was slightly worried I had made the sword to large. I'll fix that in next comic.
Your "will" only exists as an extension of my own: You have no independence...I'm highly curious as to the identity of the hooded figure
Ah the hooded figure, some information about him may appear soon.

Interesting comics. It appears you've put more time in the most recent ones, which is nice. I don't really ever check comics here, so I really don't have the ability fairly to say whether this is great or not great, but either way, keep it up. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Heheh. Good work on making the villain actually be evil. I also liked the poses joke, since it was clear that you weren't just being lazy about poses to use.Perry the Platypus: Sentinel of the Fourth Wall.Thanks for fixing my sword and the epic win moment! (Though Axilus normally can't hold all four weapons at once like that.)However, this comic is not without problems. The fight poses aren't exactly dynamic, since they just clashed their weapons while standing perfectly still.Cordorakshi's weapon looks a bit awkward. I thought it was a box for an animal small enough to poach that way rather than lug around like the Tarakava. Finally, you forgot to resize the bullets so they look like they can fit down Axilus' gun barrel. (Which also happens to remove the white around them mostly.)I also suggest using GIMP just once, for a specific reason. Rotate the bullet so it's pointing straight forward, then paste it into Paint again. Clean up any white or black stuff, and colored particles around the bullet using the eraser tool carefully. More minions? Maybe the hooded guy sent the poachers? Not sure.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Interesting comics. It appears you've put more time in the most recent ones, which is nice. I don't really ever check comics here, so I really don't have the ability fairly to say whether this is great or not great, but either way, keep it up. :)
Why thank you Mieko. Yes I have put more time and effort into these ones. My last one were.......uh not exactly something I want back up here.
Heheh. Good work on making the villain actually be evil. I also liked the poses joke, since it was clear that you weren't just being lazy about poses to use.Perry the Platypus: Sentinel of the Fourth Wall.Thanks for fixing my sword and the epic win moment! (Though Axilus normally can't hold all four weapons at once like that.)However, this comic is not without problems. The fight poses aren't exactly dynamic, since they just clashed their weapons while standing perfectly still.Cordorakshi's weapon looks a bit awkward. I thought it was a box for an animal small enough to poach that way rather than lug around like the Tarakava.Finally, you forgot to resize the bullets so they look like they can fit down Axilus' gun barrel. (Which also happens to remove the white around them mostly.)I also suggest using GIMP just once, for a specific reason. Rotate the bullet so it's pointing straight forward, then paste it into Paint again. Clean up any white or black stuff, and colored particles around the bullet using the eraser tool carefully.More minions? Maybe the hooded guy sent the poachers? Not sure.
Yep Perry the Platypus has returned.Eh I just thought the all four weapons thing would look cool. Plus I made it that the shield was mounted on his arm and the ax was combined with the sword.So it wasn't just me who thought the poses weren't the best. Well I guess I will have to use gimp.....Oops guess I should have included the fact the cloaked guy sent the poachers.

Wait, so Malignus is under mind control?That's a cool power, it would be great if you could show him mid-morph.You're not using the rotate tool much. Malignus would probably aim his gun up at the retreating Morpherox or something.I wonder who that boss Matoran is...You stole my background I SUE YOU--just kidding.Now there's good use of the rotation, having Cordorakshi trip realistically.On to comic 10, then.I see you're using my google tactic! Though you should use either all-paint or all-google for your backgrounds if you're gonna do that. Also, for google, use the oval brush, increase size realistically, and open a layer between the character layer and the background layer. Then lower the opacity to 75% in daylight and 50% at night, and put the shadow right under them in the proper size.Now I'm hungry. Violent trolling may help with that, though. Overall, good work, and great progress. Just keep using the tips we give you and in the next 5 comics or so, you'll have improved a lot.Though if googling stuff is too hard, feel no shame in your painted backgrounds. This comic's tone is perfect for that. No need to push yourself too hard.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Wait, so Malignus is under mind control?That's a cool power, it would be great if you could show him mid-morph.You're not using the rotate tool much. Malignus would probably aim his gun up at the retreating Morpherox or something.I wonder who that boss Matoran is...You stole my background I SUE YOU--just kidding.Now there's good use of the rotation, having Cordorakshi trip realistically.On to comic 10, then.I see you're using my google tactic! Though you should use either all-paint or all-google for your backgrounds if you're gonna do that. Also, for google, use the oval brush, increase size realistically, and open a layer between the character layer and the background layer. Then lower the opacity to 75% in daylight and 50% at night, and put the shadow right under them in the proper size.Now I'm hungry. Violent trolling may help with that, though.Overall, good work, and great progress. Just keep using the tips we give you and in the next 5 comics or so, you'll have improved a lot.Though if googling stuff is too hard, feel no shame in your painted backgrounds. This comic's tone is perfect for that. No need to push yourself too hard.
Oh I used one of your backgrounds.......oops...I thought recognized it from some where...Rotate tool is hard to use in a way due to the fact you have the white stuff around it so...yeah I have to do heavy editing.Yup, your Google tactic really came in handy.Glad you liked the comics.

(facepalm)Ok, look. Paste the ENTIRE set of body parts, disassembled, into a new layer.Then, you use select by color on threshold 0, and click on the white.Then you press Ctrl + X and the white is gone. Deselect, and select each piece and rotate it the way you want, and assemble it.You now have your pose.But do NOT save your pose in Paint. I realized I would have to stop saving poses for re-use when I did this. But it's ok. Everything looks more realistic if it isn't an exact copy of a previous pose, so that makes it even better.Though it will mean you need more effort for comics.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

(facepalm)Ok, look. Paste the ENTIRE set of body parts, disassembled, into a new layer.Then, you use select by color on threshold 0, and click on the white.Then you press Ctrl + X and the white is gone. Deselect, and select each piece and rotate it the way you want, and assemble it.You now have your pose.But do NOT save your pose in Paint. I realized I would have to stop saving poses for re-use when I did this. But it's ok. Everything looks more realistic if it isn't an exact copy of a previous pose, so that makes it even better.Though it will mean you need more effort for comics.
Thanks.I'll try to use gimp for stuff more...Thanks for the advice.

Lets see here, hmm.Vices: The text. It's a given for most restarts/beginners/lazy comic makers. It needs to be bigger, as well as being ale to read easier. One solid color is a nono unless you can distinguish it against the background.Other than that, you seem to be doing okay, I shall be back for more.Oh, also, you need more space. As is that vast vastness outside our planet. Yeah, that would be nice. And spaceships, everyone loves spaceships.

Lets see here, hmm.Vices: The text. It's a given for most restarts/beginners/lazy comic makers. It needs to be bigger, as well as being ale to read easier. One solid color is a nono unless you can distinguish it against the background.Other than that, you seem to be doing okay, I shall be back for more.Oh, also, you need more space. As is that vast vastness outside our planet. Yeah, that would be nice. And spaceships, everyone loves spaceships.
I'm currently working on using "Glowy" text from Gimp. I haven't found out how to do it yet, however, I have found something call Alien Glow which functions like Glowy text. I will also enlarge the size of the text. I think 14 should do.By more space I suppose you mean more background of different places and not making larger backgrounds?Glad you liked the comics.

Now that's two stolen backgrounds...I'm not sure whether to be flattered or offended. XDGlad to see you're starting a true arc, and you've definitely improved! Nice work on glow text, but the prison effect was a bit strange. Maybe you should have cut the side of the wing to make it completely flat, scaled it down, and put it on one of the bars near the end to make it more convincing. Blur the wing and bar in question together if it still doesn't look right.The hollows...sounds mysterious. I hope they're actual MOCs and not those prototype Vamprahs.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Now that's two stolen backgrounds...I'm not sure whether to be flattered or offended. XDGlad to see you're starting a true arc, and you've definitely improved! Nice work on glow text, but the prison effect was a bit strange. Maybe you should have cut the side of the wing to make it completely flat, scaled it down, and put it on one of the bars near the end to make it more convincing. Blur the wing and bar in question together if it still doesn't look right.The hollows...sounds mysterious. I hope they're actual MOCs and not those prototype Vamprahs.
What. Your using THAT ONE TOO. Karz. I have got to check your comics before I use any more backgrounds.Yeah I guess.It will be MOCs.
Much more improved!
Thank you!I really ought to thank Axilus Prime and Soran. They pushed me to downloading Gimp.
Oh no! Those Hollows are gonna be trouble!
No kidding.I thought hollows would be a nice affect.Glad you liked the comic! Edited by HYBRIDNO DXC2000 5.0

An army of hollows disappears after attacking Wendy's. The clerk reports seeing a black and purple matoran before losing consiousness
Heh that would be hilarious. I should use that...I'll give credit.@TNT-DJ Vezon: Yeah that would probably be better.Glad you liked the comic. Edited by HYBRIDNO DXC2000 5.0

Yeah, don't use that lightning bolt.But as for the Hollows, they look good! Real sixshade MOCs. Nice work there, and with the rotate tool. Though you shouldn't make an individual pose for each of the troopers in the marching scene, I suggest making three poses and mixing it up a little, randomly putting them in no specific order and even slightly rotating some.I read everything the leader said in Kevin Michael Richardson's Tartarus voice for some reason...That was hilarious, now I understand your av and status.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Yeah, don't use that lightning bolt.But as for the Hollows, they look good! Real sixshade MOCs. Nice work there, and with the rotate tool. Though you shouldn't make an individual pose for each of the troopers in the marching scene, I suggest making three poses and mixing it up a little, randomly putting them in no specific order and even slightly rotating some.I read everything the leader said in Kevin Michael Richardson's Tartarus voice for some reason...That was hilarious, now I understand your av and status.
Ok I'll try that.Dude......what........why are you reading him in THAT voice.Yeah, after I finished that comic, I looked at the last panel and thought to my self "This is av worthy".