To Save The World!

IC: (Lone)

"Alright, this is prefect. If we can't hack our way through, we make ours selves an entrance. I like it. Now, how much ammo are you carrying in the Artillery Mode?"

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Gonna wait on Half-Dragon's verdict re: Ozo before ICing Apep.

It's starting to get tricky for me to keep track of all these Robo-Robbers...

IC - Gadgeteer @ Los Angeles hotel

"Technically infinite. This mode converts nanorobots into bullets, and thanks to your nanoforge I have an unlimited supply of those. However, I will have to wait for new batches of nanorobots to be generated, so there will be periods in in which I am unable to fire."

IC - Sluice @ Esp

We'll soon find out, thought Sluice, but she didn't voice this thought. Partly because she was surprised how quickly it had come to her. Are our lives really filled with that much fighting?

"Well, it's good to know that it works," she said. "Be sure to let one of us know if there are any problems with it."

IC(NPC) - Platinum @ Bank of America

"Hold tight." Platinum touched his belt, wrapped an arm around Hanna's waist and up, up they went. Not that she could see, but the soles of his levitation boots were glowing, propelling them at a gentle speed upwards. All the boots could do was go up and down, however - which was why Platinum extended his free arm and formed a large chunk of palladium, which morphed into a set of rotors. The rotors span, generating a strong enough current to propel the pair horizontally through the air.

"Just point out where you want to be set down," said Platinum.

IC(NPC) - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of America

WHANG!

The support beam hit the electrified Robo-Robber right on the head. His helmet crumpled, his visor cracked and he fell to the floor, groaning faintly. The one who'd loosed the support beam in the first place was momentarily immobilised by an oh-my-god-did-I-just-kill-Bob sense of shock, leaving him open to be hit if anyone felt like aiming for him.

That didn't leave Soundsmith safe though. The Robo-Robber whom Shard had winded had recovered enough to - while still clutching his stomach in pain - aim his machine-gun and open fire at Soundsmith.

Having surprised the Robo-Robber he was attacking, Tragedy managed to knock his target to the ground and get quite a few good claw swipes in. However, claws vs. armour didn't often do well, and after several moments the Robo-Robber's suit became electrified.

The super-strong Robo-Robber withdrew, then lashed out with a kick of his own. Strangely his tactic was to try and meet Shard's punch with a kick. His logic was that the hero's momentum would add greater force to the impact, and with a few cracks already on him, the diamond man just might break...

IC: Caige (Bank of America, Charlotte)

There.

Caige had taken the time to flank while the Robo-Robbers and the other heroes were distracted and came up behind the distracted mook; with a quick sweep of the left foot, he attempted to take the robber off his feet from behind...

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Updated Gadgeteer's profile to include info on all his modes, and noticed LoAB updated the frontpage, and then realised I didn't post Apep's profile at all! So here we are.

Real Name: Kanika. Her other names (parental, surname etc) are unknown, even to her.Alias: ApepAppearance: Wrapped in long white bandages, Kanika resembles your typical mummy. That is apart from the sinister golden headdress/mask upon her face.

Apep.pngPower: Papyrokinesis - the ability to create and manipulate paper. Kanika can only control paper that she herself has generated. She also possesses enhanced cellular regeneration. Technically she is undead - her default state is that of a partially-decayed corpse, so she cannot regenerate to a completely living body. As an aside, this also means that she smells pretty bad.In addition to this the mask Kanika wears functions as a sort of universal translator. When she is wearing it she is able to speak and understand all Earth-based languages without conscious effort. Without it, she is only able to speak and understand Egyptian, though her other abilities remain. The mask 'clings' to her face with an unknown force; it is possible to pry it off, but very, very difficult.Allegiance: Coalition of CorruptionArea: Alexandria, EgyptBio: Kanika was a street rat, an abandoned child who survived on the streets of Alexandria by pickpocketing and stealing food wherever she could. One day she made the mistake of pickpocketing a local antihero. A petty and self-important man, the antihero saw fit to fly Kanika into the middle of the Sahara desert and leave her to die there as punishment for her crime. Kanika wandered, and was scorched and starving when she stumbled upon an undiscovered tomb. Within the tomb sat an open sarcophagus, and in it a golden deathmask. Obeying a curious urge, or perhaps just not thinking properly in her dying state, Kanika put the mask on - and instantly energy flooded through her body, invigorating it like never before. She left the tomb, made the journey back to Alexandria and killed the antihero with her new powers. The battle was open and bloody, which drew the attention of local law enforcement. However, Kanika fought them off long enough for the Coalition of Corruption to take notice. A representative was sent and she joined at once, using as her alias the name inscribed in hieroglyphs upon the inside of the deathmask - Apep.Having seen little of the world, and having spent most of her life struggling to survive, Kanika is overwhelmed by the freedom granted by her new abilities. She is happy to work for the Coalition and, after being on the receiving end of oppression for so many years, actually enjoys inflicting pain and misery on other people. She is a little wild and overeager sometimes - though this makes her all the more dangerous, it does mean that it is difficult for her to exercise caution or restraint.

As a fighter she is resourceful, and will use her environment to great (and often unexpected) effect.

Down the Robo-Robber went. Though painful, this shocked him back into action, and he flung his arm up, quickly aiming a heat-beam at Caige...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Hanna

Whooooaaa...

Having powers herself, Hanna wasn't all that surprised that he could fly, or hover, whatever it was that he was doing at the moment. The thing was, she'd never actually flown like this before, and it wasn't something she would soon forget. Her eyes went momentarily wide, not quite used to having nothing touching her feet, but got used to the feeling rather quickly. Still, it provided quite a distraction from everything going on in her head.

"Uh, over there would be good," Hanna replied, pointing out an area a good enough distance away from the building, and whatever was going on inside.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Sorry this took a while, the server ate the post. Several times. It gets kinda discouraging.

IC: Despite her assurances that she would go quietly, Omega stuck around to watch Apep get cuffed and hauled into the van. It wasn't until she was securely inside that he dissipated the energy bolt and relaxed a bit. Paranoid? Definitely. But she had shown cunning and ingenuity well beyond expectations already. Underestimating her now would be just plain stupid.

Once he was sure she wouldn't be escaping, he picked up a spare pair of handcuffs and turned to leave, but paused to say something. "About my silly little principles," he said seriously. "I wasn't lying before. She doesn't deserve it. Neither do you, I'd bet. Or a hundred other scumbags I've put away. But I don't hold back for your sakes. I'm just not going to become a murderer because of thugs and psychos like you. You're not that important." Then he flew off before she could retort.

He didn't go far, though - mainly he just went up, over the lip of the station's roof, where he set down out of sight of the street below. Normally he would've felt pretty good about outsmarting a villain like Apep - some villains just did not realize that the good guys could be underhanded too, it was like they hadn't opened a comic in twenty years - the knowledge of Shockhead's crimes had put a damper on the entire day. Plus he didn't even know what she looked like, so stopping her was going to be a pain. But he did have one option open.

The hero set his communicator to call a League office that dealt with legal affairs. Most heroes didn‘t even know it existed – not because it was secret or even that obscure, but they only used it when the villain wasn‘t doing anything obvious and they needed an actual warrant for the arrest. He also pulled something from his pocket – a small recording device he kept on him at all times. Useful for those underhanded hero tricks. The word of a villain wasn‘t proof, of course, it wouldn‘t be enough to convict, but it should be evidence enough for an arrest. Once he had the warrant he would work with the station authorities to know when one Abigail Ostermann tried to take a train and blend in with the crowd until they contacted him. And then the real fight would start.

|H-D|

IC: Shard was very much used to standard punch-ups. He took a punch, usually to little effect, then he threw a punch and the fight was over. He was also more or less used to non-standard punch-ups, which were a lot less one-sided, but generally revolved around punching anyway. This judo-flippy tossy stuff? That was new. Most people who had the strength to move a bulk like his didn't bother being fancy about it.

Thus it should come as no surprise that he had zero defense against getting tossed halfway across the room. He only managed to slow himself down enough not to seriously damage the strong but brittle form of his body. Instead he just got a few painful cracks and a nasty feeling that his back was going to ache in the morning.

The hero landed on his feet and glared at the robo-robber that had tossed him. Feeling that this sufficiently conveyed the message that they were not friends he dispensed with further attempts at communication and returned to the simpler language of charging forward with a strong gut jab leading. At least this time he was prepared to stop himself if there was more judo-flipping.

*H-D*

OOC:hey! forget about my post perhaps?

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.

OOC: Gadgeteer is so much cooler than Dreadnought ever was... :drooling:

IC: (Loadstone)

While Ultionis explained what he wanted from Siren, Loadstone bent down and searched Clearsight for his Coalition communicator. Once he found it, electricity swirled around his hand, engulfing the device and causing it to sizzle and pop. With a grimace he tossed the ruined communicator aside and hauled the Villain's limp form over to the wall. Bands of metal bent out from the wall to secure him in a sitting position, arms pinned at his sides and head lolling on his chest. "That should keep him out of your hair if he wakes up," he told Siren. "If we're all set let's get moving; I'm surprised we've been here as long as we have without someone coming to investigate..."

IC: (NPC - ???)

The hotel room was subpar at best, at least by Garret Glenn's standards. He supposed that to anyone else, the room would have been quite comfortable; with a queen-sized bed, flat-screen television, and windows overlooking a park as opposed to a noisy city street, it was better than the majority of locations that lesser beings were content to stay in. Garret refused to settle for anything short of the best, however; had he been choosing a room for himself, it would have suited his tastes more.

The man whose room this was stood in the center of the open space between the bed and the windows, swinging an energy blade with the experience of a professional. A soft thrum accompanied each swing, and the man moved through a series of slashes and parries while miraculously avoiding slicing into any of the furniture. The memories of how to use that unique weapon had been difficult to come by, but in Garret's experience he had found that no matter how good the memories were, muscle memory simply could not be faked. Accelerated, yes, but never faked.

The memory transfer had been a success, naturally; nothing Garret tried his hand at ever failed. At the moment, those memories were being suppressed, the man's body running through a number of practice maneuvers while Garret finished laying the groundwork of his new identity and the setting of the room he would awake to.

The terms of the deal Garret had made were...lax, he supposed the word was... and Garret had taken the liberty of putting his own touch on the whole affair. He'd used the body of an amnesiac for the transfer; the man had had no family to look for him, no prior memories to conflict with his new ones, and no life to lose in the trade. Of course, Garret had supplied him with a new wardrobe, dyed his hair, and tweaked the memories he had given the man so that he could make full use of the gifts Garret had given him.

The energy blade was another of Garret's deviations from the spirit of the project - the entire purpose of transferring one man's mind into this man's body was to reduce him to a powerless civilian; Garret just couldn't see wasting so much talent and knowledge on a civilian. Also, Garret was convinced that unless he drastically altered those memories, this man would be driven back into the midst of the SuperHuman world, if not for revenge than simply because it was in his nature. If he was heading into the fray one way or another, he might as well be prepared.

Although the thought of being bought galled him, Garret preferred to look at things in a different light. He had made enough changes to the scenario that he was creating for this man that it might as well be one of his own projects. He had also found that while he was unable to directly influence the man who had requested his services, by interacting with him and double-crossing him he was able to manipulate him in a different way. And if the man reneged on his promises, Garret was more than willing to destroy everyone around him until his price was met. It was all an extraordinarily complex game, and the intricacies of it fascinated him.

Setting aside the note he had been writing, he approached the amnesiac and placed his palm against the man's temple. The man stiffened, his eyes rolling back into his head. It was time to finish the job, and soon Garret would leave the man to his own devices.

What he made of himself from here on out would be up to him.

~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC: NPC Centurion

The grounded Centurion spasmed violently at the electrification, while the real one grimaced from the small jolt of pain he received in turn. The duplicate, on the other hand, disappeared in a dazzling flash of red light that not only illuminated the room for a brief moment, but hopefully distracted the downed Robber long enough for another newly-created duplicate to move in for an incapacitating blow to the head...

IC: Epsilon

Epsilon followed close behind Loadstone.

"So who's going first?" Epsilon wondered aloud. On one hand, if he went first, it meant that he would be the first exposed to whatever traps, villains, or other dastardly things awaited him at the bottom of the shaft. On the other hand, ohmygosh magnaboard ride from Loadstone fanboy dream come true!

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

OOC: I am getting really tired of having my posts eaten. Let's try this again...

stargatestatic: Sorry, I didn't see your post. I'll retcon now, but when looking up Ozo's appearance I noticed the profile lists his allegiance as League. Probably just an oversight, but you might want to fix it.

IC: Just as the SCU were about to cuff Apep, a tall, armored form riding what looked like either a very bare-bones hoverboard or a flying weapon zoomed in and slammed the board/weapon/thing into the energy construct holding Apep. Omega cringed, shaking his head at the sudden wave of pressure as the construct was assaulted, but it was a sturdy one. He'd made sure it was in case she had another dirty trick up her bandages.

As the armored form's momentum carried him on, Omega tossed the energy bolt he had charged in his direction and motioned for the officers to grab their guns and take aim. Judging by that armor it might not do much good, but there was always the chance it wasn't bulletproof.

|H-D|

IC: Despite seeing the kick aimed at him, Shard kept coming closer... and closer... then suddenly shifted in mid-air, the very moment before impact, dropping lower and to the left where the arm bent back to jab instead hooked around the leg still on the ground, followed immediately by the opposite arm clamping down. He hoisted the robber up into the air and squeezed his leg, hoping to crumple both the armor and the... robo... movey... thingies. He'd ask Omega how robots moved later.

Regardless of whether or not that worked, he moved on to phase 3 of his plan: Grab the leg and swing the robber at the ground. Hard. Phase 4, of course, was 'repeat until unconscious.'

*H-D*

NPC: After going over a few finer points with Siren, just to make sure everything was in order, Ultionis returned to the others. "Looks like we're as ready as we'll ever be," he said. "The path back to the level nine shaft is still blocked, so for now we head forward, down through level eight until we get to the opening. It's pretty straightforward, but there are a few traps, so we're moving slowly. Stick to cover, check corners and above all be quiet."

He turned to leave, paused and glanced back. "Oh, and for future reference even if we do get spotted, do not destroy equipment we might be able to use unless necessary." It wasn't something he'd expected to have to say, but some people on this team apparently needed reminding. That finished, he proceeded to the doorway out, avoiding the floor plates he knew had trap doors, and with a glance at the monitors to confirm there was no one outside he quietly opened it and crept out.

(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

OOC: All right, I suppose this is far too late to have anything to do with TSTW!'s 5th anniversary, so I'm going to call this an early Christmas present instead. :P Some of you may recall my original rendition of Mentor's mansion, and what a sorry excuse for a drawing it was. I have to admit, it was really only a filler image for the Wiki; I knew I could do better than that, I believe you guys deserve better than that, and as such I've spent the last two months perfecting the image. Therefore, I now present to you Mentor's mansion, site of the League of Salvation's headquarters!

mentors_mansion.png

Hope you guys like it! :)

As the group slowly exited the security center, Loadstone leaned toward Epsilon and said quietly, "I think you and I should probably go first; between the two of us, we should be able to handle any surprises we might encounter."

Outside the metallic room, they found themselves in another of those eerily familiar tunnels, with a glowing light above them and the corridor trailing off into darkness. There was nothing to do but go forward, now.

~ Rumpelstiltskin

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: You know that's more or less exactly the image of it I had in my head, no lie. Love the look of those trees too. :)

Might have missed it Zytrix, but there's a Robo-Robber firing a machine-gun at the real Centurion.

IC(NPC) - Platinum @ Charlotte

Carefully Platinum directed himself and Hanna downwards. He released her as soon as their feet were on solid ground.

"Now you look after yourself ma'am," he said with a smile. "Try to stay away from crowded areas if it hurts. Oh, and also-" He produced a piece of card from his pocket and handed it to her. It was printed with the League of Salvation's logo, and had a telephone number and email address at the bottom.

"It might be worth getting in touch. The League has a program to help people whose powers interfere with their day-to-day lives. I'd love to stay and chat more, but I'm needed back at the bank... take care!" He hovered into the air again, floating back the way he'd come.

The duplicate Centurion landed his blow perfectly; the Robo-Robber's head practically rattled around inside his helmet from the force of the strike. He swayed on his feet for a moment, then collapsed.

Shard also caught the super-strong Robo-Robber off-guard, and in turn was able to get quite a few good hits in. The Robo-Robber was slammed into the ground a couple of times, each impact audibly damaging the armoured suit he wore... and then with a grunt he hoisted his torso into the air, in the same motion as a pull-up, and grabbed the fingers of Shard's hand and began prising them away from his leg, attempting to bend them back. Or snap them off. He wasn't fussy...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Hanna

The empath watched Platinum go, before glancing down at the card he had given her. It was an average enough business card, with a phone number, logo, and email address printed on it. Most of the time, Hanna tried to keep to herself, but given what just happened... Maybe it was a good idea to call.

She sat down on a nearby bench, and took out her phone. She paused for a moment before dialing the number, and held it up while waiting for an answer.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC:no,it's not an oversight, he is part of the leauge. but this is his first time outside of egypt and his first visit to leauge h.q.. this is also basically his first time (since getting enlisted) meeting any hero or villain-type person.he is still a little new to earth's customs and ways,so he's basically a little clueless.he wouldnt recognize a solo hero,solo villain,leauge membeer,or coalition member if it smacked him in the face,much less discern between the groups.(obvios things like a guy in a floating bubble with a mummy surely are noticed though.he also never,EVER gives up.

IC:(ozo)as he jumped off of the force field to avoid the bolt,he switched the bikuritan's mode back to hoverboard and it activated mere centimeters from the ground.ozo sighed with relief and silently scolded himself for not expecting such a resistance...the sorcerous mummies in egypt hadnt mastered the abilityof such protection,yet this human had.beforehe could think about it any longer,he realized there were hostiles in black and blue uniforms aiming their guns at him."zorp..."he put the hoverboard into maximum thrust and zoomed up a building wall,the windows shattering from bullets as he passed.

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

OOC: You know that's more or less exactly the image of it I had in my head, no lie. Love the look of those trees too. :)

----------

OOC: Ah, so you were reading my mind again, were you? :P

Now, introducing my new fourth character, replacing the inactive Soundless and approved by LoAB!

IC: (???)

He awoke to a feeling of wrongness that, at first, he couldn't place. It was the strangest thing he'd ever felt; he was acutely aware of every inch of his body, felt confined within his own skin. A person's body had a feel to it, something that not many were really aware of but everyone knew; you just knew what your body felt like. This was not how his body usually felt.

He sat up on the bed, blinking and rubbing his temples. It didn't help his concentration that he had the beginnings of a headache, but he managed to focus enough to glance around the room. He had no idea where he was; he gathered that it was a hotel room, and quite a lavish one at that. Ritzy though it was, It had a sickly yellow hue to it, from the curtains to the paint on the walls to the bedspread, that he simply couldn't stand. Floral patterns were intricately worked into the bed and curtains, giving the room a thoroughly feminine feel.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he looked down at himself and realized with a start that he was fully dressed. He wore a finely-cut brown coat over a white dress shirt and gray vest, coupled with beige trousers and brown loafers. He was even wearing a gray scarf tied around his neck, more for style than warmth at this time of year. He'd never even seen any of these clothes before, let alone worn them. He felt his cheeks color as he imagined what he looked like; he most likely looked like some fool dressed up like a Ken doll.

Muttering to himself, he pushed himself off the bed and stalked to the bathroom, every inch of it startlingly white marble streaked with gray. Every move he made felt sluggish, like his body was failing to react the way his mind told it to. It was like he was in a dream, walking through air as thick as jelly with muscles that were nothing more than a fabrication of his mind. More like a nightmare, he thought ruefully.

Two steps into the bathroom he froze, having just caught sight of himself in a mirror. It had to be a dream; this couldn't be happening. He walked numbly to the sink, feeling at his face and watching his reflection do the same. This just wasn't possible.

His reflection was nothing like he'd remembered it. He had never considered himself overly handsome; stern was the way most people described him. The reflection staring back at him wasn't handsome, either; now he was just plain, with an average, generic face you'd be hard-pressed to pick out in a crowd. He supposed it might be a bit more attractive than his real face, given that it didn't seem to be perpetually scowling, but he was more concerned about the fact that it wasn't his face.

He caught sight of the reflection's gaze and flinched away, studying his stylishly tousled hair instead. It was dark brown, with bleached-blonde highlights skillfully strewn around his head. He was dimly aware of the thought that those otherwise absurd clothes would look quite nice with his new complexion, but that notion was quickly suppressed by the overwhelming sea of confusion and doubt. How? Why?

He forced himself to look into those liquid eyes, so dark a brown they were almost black. Few things in life had ever scared him, but that stare was so unsettling that it sent chills down his spine. No matter how long he looked into the mirror, he would never believe that those were his eyes. They belonged to another man, staring back at him accusingly, contemptuously.

This was a nightmare, all right. And in the darkest recesses of his mind, he knew he would never wake from it.

OOC: I thought it best to split my introductory post in half, given its length. Since the second half details his new identity and "power," I'll post the profile when I post the rest of it.

~ Rumpelstitlskin

OOC: I don't know why, but lately I've been forgetting to check up here. The holiday season's kind of busy, but not that busy... Hm. Just have to do better. Sorry for the wait!

IC: Omega growled something in Portuguese that doesn't bear writing down, let alone translating, followed by "I don't have time for this!" He grabbed a pair of cuffs, slapped them on Apep himself and tossed her roughly into the truck, slamming the doors behind her, then turned on his comm, broadcasting to any League heroes in the area. "Anyone in the vicinity of Grand Central Station," he said urgently, "an armored figure on some kind of weaponized hoverboard is attempting to spring a supervillain in transit. Please respond immediately - we need to wrap this up fast. Currently moving up a building across the street from the entrance."

He took aim with a charged energy bolt, but didn't release it until the last possible moment, when he was sure the figure couldn't twist out of the way. It was looking less and less likely that they'd have this done by the time Shockhead got here, and then they might lose their only chance of finding her before she caused any more trouble.

|H-D|

IC: For a moment Shard just stood there, holding the robber resolutely a few feet above the ground. Presumably he was able to maintain that mid-air situp because the armor was locked or something and not letting his body go limp. Or maybe he worked out. Either way, the attempts to unfasten Shard's fingers were having absolutely no effect. As he might have known had this guy paid attention in school, while diamond isn't actually as impact-resistant as some industrial materials, its resistance to pressure (like pressing or pulling) is another matter entirely. Compared to the heat and pressure that forms diamond, even a super-strong robot suit is nothing impressive.

Thus it was that the only thing this tactical error accomplished was to allow Shard an excellent opportunity to swing his free hand in for a nice, strong left hook aimed (after some consideration) at the chest, since he didn't want to concuss the poor sap.

*H-D*

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Submitting for approval.

Alias: The Bloody Lady

Appearance: Shanna is roughly thirty years old and sports a mixture of Caucasian and Asian features. She wears her charcoal hair in a tight bun and eschews makeup of any type, believing it to be a waste of money. She is normally dressed formally, in stylish dresses and suits when going about her day. Most of her wardrobe sports the colors black and red in some capacity, matching the colors of the Silent Saints. When expecting combat, she dresses in more sensible clothing, often including a Kevlar vest and riot helmet. She sports a few tattoos as well. A stylized dragon runs down the left side of her face and other creatures of myth are marked about other parts of her body. The dragon is most prominent however, as it is the symbol of her organization.

Power: None. She is a normal, albeit fit and skilled, human with a mind for crime and a ruthless nature. She is skilled with most firearms and knows enough about basic combat tactics and training to ensure her organization has a leg-up on the opposition. Her ill-gotten wealth has been put to use in a variety of ways, she is skilled with the blade and with her fists, having been taught by some of the best mentors-for-hire available. She has a head for organization and finance, ensuring her organization is well-oiled machine with it's fingers in the Korean stock market. Beyond this, she is a skilled linguist and speaks many languages from Arabic to Spanish. All of that said, she is a normal flesh and blood human and if someone who can benchpress a car hit her, she would be in trouble. Due to this, she avoids physical confrontation unless she is sure of victory... preferring proxies and corruption to outright combat.

Allegiance: Solo Villain, head of the Silent Saints, a criminal organization based in South Korea.

Area: Native to Vietnam, but raised in Britain. She speaks with a pronounced British accent and is currently based out of Seoul, operating out of a high-rise built in an otherwise rundown area. She has stashes and people hidden all over the city however, waiting for her orders. She seeks to expand an take over the entire Korean underworld, whatever else she is, she is not lacking in ambition.

Bio:

"This city, this country....beautiful are they not? But you must look beneath the facade. Beneath the golden wonder....you'll see the wood is just as rotten as any. We like our lies. We tell them without shame....I will not lie. I want this city. I want this country. I will kill, maim and steal to see it done. If you fight me, I will kill you. I will see to it everything you care about is threatened. If you work with me...I will see to it you are taken care of. I will provide you with housing, a steady income. I ask only that you follow orders. If you betray me....everything I give, I can take away. With interest."

Shanna is a crime lady, ruling over her organization with cold efficiency and a ruthless nature. She has survived this far by being just important enough to prosper and just insignificant enough to escape the notice of the Coalition. Times are changing however, and with the Coalition rebuilding from several setbacks, she smells blood in the water and is preparing to force them out of the Korean underworld once and for all. She was not always a crime lord however, she was raised in relative luxury by her father and mother, co-owners of a small weapons company that specialized in anti-super ordinance. Most of their jobs were custom orders....and inevitably, they met the fate of most normal humans who stick their noses into the affairs of supers. Their factory was razed and destroyed by a group of unknown Supers and the duo was found dead. The Coalition was suspected, but all the evidence had been burnt away.

At the tender age of twenty-five, Shanna set about rebuilding her parents empire. Turning to weapons smuggling and political corruption to make ends meet, rallying whatever remained of her parents company to a new purpose: Crime. She stayed under the radar, appearing to be for all the world an unimportant petty criminal with her fingers in a few small pies. Shanna was patient however, each day marked a new draft of her plans, a new tactic for the future. When the time came and the Coalition weakened, she wasted no time. Her organization is pressing the Coalition all over the city, wrestling away criminal enterprises and protection rackets away from them with blood and steel. Shanna is ruthless, intelligent and very goal-oriented...and right now, that goal is showing the Coalition that a new fish is in the pond....and this one has military-grade teeth.

She doesn't bear a grudge against supers in general, but she would love nothing more then to see the Coalition destroyed. Her primary goal, beyond forcing them out of Korea however, is taking care of her people. Though she doesn't show it, she cares deeply for those who align themselves with her. She treats them well and sees to it they are rewarded. If someone wishes to leave the organization, all they have to do is talk with her. As criminals go, she has a reputation for fair deals and an odd charitable streak...all of this runs in contrast to the cold front she puts up. If she is betrayed however, her vengeance is not long in coming. Car bombs, hijacking...she has used all of these tactics and more to increase her influence and take her revenge. It's clear that whatever affection she feels to those in her organization, it doesn't extend to anyone who aligns themselves against her.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: And with that...

The actors are in position, the director feasting on his donuts...Action.

IC (Seoul, South Korea)

Looking at the city, one would be pressed to imagine the violence that was about to erupt. Cars made their way too and fro on the streets, teeming masses of humanity danced through the streets, subway trains made their rounds. Planes lifted off and landed, carrying their passengers to lands unknown....or perhaps to the warm fires of home. It was much like any city. Looking at it one would be reluctant to imagine any sort of violence taking place in it at first glance. The shadows of the skyscrapers and high rises hid the decay and corruption that had seeped into the foundations as sure as the sun rose. The important thing, Shanna reminded herself, was who controlled that infection. She turned away from her window and surveyed the room she called home. It was luxuriously appointed, a whirlpool, fine bedding and such as. No one could accuse her of not appreciating the finer things in life....which was rather the point. Gaudy displays of wealth were the norm for one in her profession and though she hated to waste the funds, she had to at least put up a front of sorts.

Soon however, she would have more funds then she knew what to do with...if she had her way at least. The Coalition ruled over the world's underworld. This was an accepted and dreary fact. Most of the other criminal syndicates that had tried to make a fight of it had been...swept aside. Michelangelo and the Italians had held out the longest and put up a decent last stand...but in the end they meet the same end. Now though, things were changing. The Coalition was weakening. Everyone could smell it. Blood was in the water and the sharks would be closing in. Shanna intended to be the first to the meal. She had been skimming product from her weapons smuggling operation for some time and now...now she felt confident enough to make her move. The local Coalition boss had a thing for skyscrapers, had his office on the top of one. She didn't have any word yet on his powers-the last boss had been a pyro, but he'd been replaced in the chaos and no one knew anything about his replacement.

Shanna didn't like unknown factors. She was awaiting news from one of her hackers, if they could find anything, it could be invaluable....if they did not, she would just have to destroy the entire top floor and burn every atom into dust. Better safe then sorry.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: You know, surprisingly with all the Villains that we've had, I don't think the Coalition has ever actually had any competition. This should be interesting... :evilgrin:

IC: (???)

After staring into the mirror for what seemed like a lifetime, he finally splashed some water onto his face and headed back out into the room. Suddenly feeling claustrophobic, he tugged at that infernal scarf and pitched it as far as he could. The balled-up cloth landed next to a small table, upon which sat a package and an envelope. He couldn't recall if they had been there before - he hadn't really taken a good look around the room - but that envelope drew him like a moth to a flame. Perhaps there was some sort of explanation to be found in it.

He opened the envelope as he sat down on the edge of the bed, and quickly tossed it aside in favor of the neatly folded paper it contained. The letter was written in a pristine, elegant hand he didn't recognize; it was neither signed nor addressed, and worded in a manner that only he would understand its meaning.

By the time you read this, I will no longer be with you.

I suspect that by now, you have discovered what I have done to you, and resent me for it. This is only natural, and I would not ask you to forgive me for what I have done. It has to be shocking for you, to lose everything that makes you who you are, and above all else, be powerless to stop it. That, for you, has to be the hardest part of this entire ordeal.

He could feel the color drain from his face as a feeling of dread washed over him. It had never occurred to him that in this new body, he wouldn't have his powers. Frantically he reached inside himself, tried to activate his power, and felt an unexplainable emptiness that he would never be able to fill.

In a fit of rage, he almost ripped the letter in half, and to h*** with its apologies and explanations. Almost. After taking a moment to ease the panic suddenly constricting his chest, he continued to read.

If it is any consolation to you, I did not want to do this. I was coerced by those who have profited by your ruin, and wished this upon you. It is not like to me to do such things for others, and I cannot say that I am glad to have done so now. As such, it is my intention to spite them and help you seek revenge, should you wish it. If not, I hope that my aide is still valuable in helping you become a man greater than they wish you to be.

It was part of my instructions to ensure that you knew who did this to you and why; as you read these words, I believe you will recall both. You may also remember my last words to you; I hope that you find them useful.

A tingling sensation in the back of his mind accompanied those last words, and he recognized the sensation of mental tampering. Resentment welled up inside him; no one had a right to alter his mind! Him, of all people! It simply wasn't right! And as suppressed memories and knowledge flooded into his brain, his resentment turned into anger, and that anger smoldered and threatened to ignite into fury.

But even with the condemning knowledge now firmly rooted in his mind, he simply couldn't blame the man who had contracted this anonymous memoriapath. Given the circumstances, his decisions were easily justified, if not slightly sympathetic considering some of the alternatives. No, he knew who he blamed, and he was going to make him pay.

He reread the last sentence, and the memory it referenced suddenly blossomed to the front of his mind. He had been in this very same room, with a man who was nothing but a blur. He couldn't remember his face, his build, or his voice, but he knew it was the man who had written the letter.

"If you remember this, than my letter succeeded in activating the memory packet I planted before leaving. I apologize for letting you discover your new body on your own, but I thought it would help ease the transition if you found out as yourself, before I implemented the necessary changes to allow you to adapt.

"As you have no doubt deduced by now, I have copied your memories from your body to that of a powerless amnesiac. I know that your real body possessed enhanced abilities that are not paralleled in your new one; you may have experienced a slight discrepancy in muscle movement because of this. If so, I have included a recalibration of your muscle memory and how you perceive your body that should eliminate this.

"I have taken the liberty of paying for your room at the Dorchester for the next three days; that should give you ample time to find other living arrangements. The room is under the name of 'Adrian Valiant'; this memory packet should also enable you to recognize and respond to that alias as if it were your own name.

"Finally, I believe I have successfully managed to camouflage you true identity behind the veil of amnesia; that should protect you from passing psychic inspection, and I trust you know how to combat any psychic infiltration you deem threatening to your identity.

"I have given you the best start that I can manage; I am interested in seeing what you do from here. Good luck."

He remembered nothing else after that; the memoriapath had masked his presence well. Adrian Valiant. He liked that name. He supposed that he had been persuaded to like it, but he didn't care. He felt...comfortable...with an inexplicable sense of calm and rationality that was most likely also psychicly induced. Whatever the reason, calm suited his purposes - he couldn't enact his revenge if he couldn't accept the body he was currently in.

Adrian finished the last of the letter in a glance - Enclosed is my final gift to you - it should be self-explanatory, and I know that you already know how to operate it. Use it well. Curious, he set the letter down and unwrapped the package, ignoring the vague impression of opening a Christmas present.

Inside he found a rough leather gauntlet, if gauntlet was an accurate description; it seemed to be nothing more than a padded collection of straps clearly meant to be worn on the forearm. Strapped to the palm was a curious device - a circular metal disk with glowing blue bands circling the edge, with smaller concentric rings inside it. Adrian guessed it was some form of generator, and instinctively knew that he was right.

After pulling on the gauntlet and tightening the straps, he picked up the other thing that had been in the package - an ornate metallic sword hilt, etched with flowing lines along the hilt and with angular script on the crossguard that he couldn't read. Where the blade should have been was a ridged opening that spanned two-thirds of the crossguard.

Without even having to think about it, Adrian popped open a compartment on the end of the pommel and pulled out a small, thick cord tipped with a universal adapter. He opened a similar port on the side of the generator and inserted the plug. A soft hum, much like a computer powering on, sounded from the hilt, and the blade opening began to glow blue.

Bringing his hand up and angling the hilt away from any of the furniture, Adrian pressed a circular panel outlined by the etched designs. In the blink of an eye, a three-foot blade of glowing blue-white energy had projected from the hilt. The energy blade hummed loudly, with minute changes in pitch with every movement it made. Somehow he knew that if he swept that blade through any of the furniture, it would slice through it with little-to-no resistance.

A smile crept over his face as he examined the blade. The balance was all wrong, and it swung like a blade of air, but he was confident that he could handle the sword with proficiency. It seemed perfectly natural in his hand, like he'd practiced with it his entire life.

Now he was getting somewhere.

OOC: Okay, apparently I'm going to ramble a lot with this guy. :P I'm hoping to use Adrian as much as I do Loadstone, and see him as a more story-driven character than my other PCs. I've got my fingers crossed that it works out...

Anyway, here's the promised profile:

Alias: Avalon

Appearance: A physically fit man with tousled dark brown hair sporting bleached blonde highlights. His liquid dark brown eyes almost seem black. Wears plain clothes, but has the sort of charisma that makes anything he wears look stylish.

Power: No physical power. Possesses a glowing disc-like device, small enough to fit in the palm of his hand, that acts as a high-output energy generator. It is attached to the palm of a crude gauntlet of leather straps and padding, and can be connected to an ornate metallic sword hilt. The hilt, when powered, is capable of projecting a large blue-white energy blade.

Allegiance: Solo; straddles the line between antiHero and antiVillain

Area: None; hails from Britain, but is a drifter

Bio: ‘Avalon’ is the artificial persona of another man implanted into a powerless Briton by the SuperVillain most call Wiper. Trapped inside a body that is not his own and denied his powers and former social status, Avalon is determined to find the ones who did this to him and, in his understanding, have his mind returned to his proper body. Adrian is morally gray at best; with no possessions to his name except for a sword and a generator, he is not above stealing and Villainy to survive. He can be suave and sophisticated when he wishes, but deep down he is ruthless and cunning. Even in this diminished state, he is not a man you want to make an enemy of.

I'm not entirely sure how I want to classify him when all is said and done, but for the moment he's going under Solo Villain, since I've got a character in each of the categories and he's replacing my current Solo Villain.

Also, a belated Merry Christmas to everybody! :xmas:

~ Rumpelstiltskin

OOC: Drat... I'd hoped to have this image finished before the 25th... I guess it's still appropriate to be posted during the holidays though. It's a Christmas scene at the Sinful Saloon! Even villains need to take a break. Click the thumbnail for the full image!

CaSSpreview_zps03479a7a.png

If you can identify all 25 characters... you're probably Rumpelstiltskin, he's the only one obsessed enough about this game to do so. :P IC(NPC) - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of America "Whoof!" The Robo-Robber dropped down from his pull-up position. His armour, already damaged, sparked a little more. The Robo-Robber's helmet jerked about, as he tried to think up another solution to his situation. He swung at Shard a few times, but all it took was for the diamond hero to adjust his stance to avoid the obvious blows. In the end the Robo-Robber went with drawing both fists back and punching the ground with all of his super-strength.

IC - Sluice @ League HQ

"If your business is done here, then I'll set a course for Birkholm," announced Esp. Her boarding ramp closed up as Sluice, Silver and Fellwyd took seats. With a shudder and an electric whine they were off.

Sluice sat in silence for the first few minutes of the journey, staring at her hands, lost in thought. Soon she looked over at Silver.

"I suppose while we have time - and privacy - I'd like to ask... well, it'd be nice if you'd explain some things to me... fill in a few gaps," she murmured. "I mean, regardless of the, um, side-effects, it's great that you escaped the Armada Mothership when it blew up, but how exactly did you manage that? When - when I left you, it seemed like... like there wouldn't be a way out..."

If you can identify all 25 characters... you're probably Rumpelstiltskin, he's the only one obsessed enough about this game to do so. :P

[OOC] Well, out of all those characters, I can definitely identify... uh... mine.

(EDIT: Upon further inspection, I'm pretty sure that's Zap over by the pool table; I'd recognize his look of pure panic and desperation anywhere. So that raises my count to... still just mine, actually)

Giving one last try and wrapping up this plot and getting everyone back to their proper dimensions. With any luck, it should only take three or four more posts. After that... I dunno. Might try and pick this up again, might now. We'll see.

[iC - Fade] Fade's breath hung in the air like a frozen cloud as the trudged through the icy tomb that, at one point in this universe, had been the headquarters of the League of Salvation. But now the building looked more akin to the North Pole than New York; a thick layer of ice, frost, and snow coated the walls, the furniture, and everything else in the building. Fade was reasonably certain the bodies of the mansion's former inhabitants were buried somewhere under the snow, but he was in not in any mood to confirm that.Stella approached the next door, blasting the frozen lock open with a stream of flames. Normally, heading down to the headquarter's basement was as easy as taking a lift down, but normally the building had power, and normally there wasn't a massive tower of ice in danger of coming down on their heads. So instead they would need to find a set of stairs that could take them down to the sub-basements.Longshot marched up to the door and kicked it loose, shards of ice shattering as they were knocked from the frame. Somewhere up above, a great rumbling started, slowly growing louder and closer. The group looked up nervously; Longshot rolled her eyes."Ah, come on, ya cannah blame that on me!" she shouted. "Half tha' ice witch's tower is falling apart up thar, that's all it is...""I... don't think so..." Plasmafire said nervously. "It sounds like... something is coming down."With a awful creak, the ceiling above them split apart. Jagged icicles ripped through the roof, splitting it apart in a shower of debris. Snow and ice came pouring down through the hole, and right in the middle of it was Frigid. She was wearing armor chisteled from ice over her white dress, and her hand was clenched around a frost battle-axe which looked large and sharp enough to cleave off a head in one swipe. From underneath a frozen helmet, a icy glare zeroed in Fade."You... you..." she hissed, pointing a finger at him. "There are not enough words... for all the ways... I'm going to make you suffer..."The axe swung round at Fade's face, he flickered out of phase and let it pass by him harmlessly."Bit slow there, dear," he said, shaking his head. "Why not just freeze me and be done with it?""Maybe... maybe I want your death... to be slow..." Frigid replied, hurling dozens of ice daggers through the air.As Fade ducked behind a frozen sofa to avoid the barrage, Plasmafire and Stella jumped into the fray with a barrage of fireballs at Frigid's frozen armor. They merely fizzled out as the struck - Frigid's control over her element was enough that she could maintain it even in such heat - but the intensity of the attack was forcing her back."Spare me the speech, Frigid. I've what you can do; you should have flash-frozen all of us without even needing to step down here," said Fade as he jumped to his feet. "But right now, your little ice tower is crumbling to pieces. It's taking all your effort just to make sure it doesnt come crashing down on you. I mean, you might be immortal, but I doubt even you could pull yourself together after getting flattened by a few thousand tons of ice."Frigid let out a scream of frustration; a wave of snow rose from the floor and slammed Fade against the wall."Even so... with all my power... I still have enough juice left to squash you flat..."Fade groaned as he picked himself up, turning back to the others."Listen... you guys gotta get down to that Supercharger," he said. "I'll try and keep Frigid occupied as long as I can, then meet you down there."Longshot nodded, loading an explosive arrow into her crossbow to cover their exit. Stella flung a fireball in Frigid's direction and ran for the exit... then stopped suddenly and staggered back. Stella clutched at her chest, crimson droplets splattering onto the icy floor. As she collapsed to the ground another figure stepped over her body,wiping her blood off his wristblade with a dirty rag. Otherfade grinned as he stepped into the light; more bloodstains were smeared on his armor, and Skyra's eyepatch covered his wounded socket."Hello, honey," he said, grinning at Frigid. "Need some help taking out this garbage?"[For Science!]

Edited by Chronicler of Ko-Koro

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

If you can identify all 25 characters... you're probably Rumpelstiltskin, he's the only one obsessed enough about this game to do so. :P

--- --- ---

OOC: But of course - the Dark One knows everything, dearie. :sly:

For those of you who aren't inclined to attempt the feat, the list is as follows, from left to right:

1. Scarlet - Ironically the only character I am unsure about, because I wouldn't have expected Kumata to have included her after my only giving her a small cameo. Appears to be flirting with #2.

2. Dragonmouth - Most definitely flirting with #1. I love that helmet.

3. Thompson - The only person in the scene actually drinking - although, since he does little else, I suppose that's fitting.

4. Aquarius - Having an apparently lighthearted conversation with #6. Probably attempting to use Loadstone's good looks to his advantage.

5. Apep - Making a grand entrance with the mistletoe...oh boy.

6. Hivemind - She's either laughing at some geneticist joke #4 just told her or she inhaled a fly.

7. Invis-O - "Heh, heh, heh. That was a joke. No hard feelings, right?..."

8. Grand Cross - Watching the scene with what I can only assume is a look of utter bewilderment.

9. Mr. Mystery - Watching the scene with what I know is a look of utter amusement.

10. Giant - The only thing jolly about this green giant is the Santa hat. What did #7 do?

11. Midnight - He looks absolutely miserable. Maybe someone should have told him that a party blower can't be used as a straw...

12. Escher - Just watching the card game...and probably signaling #14's hand to #20.

13. Professor Pyro - Either he really hates #17 or he has horrible aim...

14. Jetscream - Clearly thinks he has the winning hand. That's the most smug look in the picture.

15. Gunbarrel - Zzzzzzzz... Zzzzzzzz....

16. Typhoon - I admire the look of concentration on his helmet. He's clearly lost in the game.

17. Lionheart - Glaring at the room with an expression that screams "You're all on the naughty list!"

18. Zap - Looks like he's about to lose a bet.

19. Meltdown - #14 should watch out...Meltdown's not known for being able to control his powers, and that glare doesn't look too happy...

20. Parasite - He doesn't need an Ace up his sleeve, he's got one in his hand.

21. Gel - I think she's had enough of sitting next to #15. I mean, their conversation about the fashion trends of the past year wasn't that boring...

22. Plastech - Looks like he's about to win a bet.

23. Gap - Little does #16 know that there's a wormhole sitting in that side pocket...

24. Animator - I think the Little Villain's room is occupied. Maybe that look on his face is because of the antlers...

25. Star - The leader of the Starhood is clearly not having a good holiday. I suppose when you hate half your family, the holidays aren't the greatest time of year...

Final character tally:

Kumata - 10

Rumpelstiltskin - 8

Lord of Adders Black - 4

Chronicler of Ko-Koro - 2

Other - 1

Characters without prior images for reference - 6

Though it was impossible to tell thanks to the featureless tunnels, the group was making good time following the gentle curve of the corridor down toward the next level. The silence was broken only by the crunch of dirt under boots, which seemed fairly loud to Loadstone's ears but was a muted gritting to everyone else. So, when his communicator started to vibrate suddenly, the noise was like a swarm of bees buzzing down the hall.

Loadstone pulled it from his pocket, ignoring what he assumed was a glare from Ultionis. "Loadstone. What'cha got?"

"There's a group of Sharkmen heading up the tunnel your way," Siren's voice echoed quietly from the communicator's speaker. "They're not alone. There's a man with them - the cameras can't seem to get a good look at him, but he's got a trench coat and a fedora. I think there's something weird about his skin, but I can't make it out."

"How many?"

"Half a dozen Sharkmen, just the one guy unless they've got someone invisible. They'll reach your location in minutes."

"Thanks; keep it up."

As he pocketed the communicator, Loadstone relayed the message. "We can ambush them from here," he added, reaching up and trickling a stream of electricity into the motion-activated light above them. In seconds it shorted out, leaving them all in pure darkness.

Not a minute later, another bubble of light appeared farther down the tunnel. A small group of lumbering figures wielding those strange laser cannons appeared, nearly hiding the human figure following behind them. Without the telltale light hovering above the Heroes, they were completely unaware of their presence as they headed up the hallway toward the security chamber...

~ Rumpelstiltskin

NPC: Ultionis approved of ambush. A tried and true military tactic. But he usually liked a bit more planning in his ambushes, or at least an established operating procedure. He had no idea what the others were going to do, meaning their attacks would be uncoordinated and probably get in each others' way. Well, blunt instruments still hit hard and if nothing else the chaos would confuse the Sharkmen. Hopefully they could at least keep it quiet to avoid giving away their position.

When the lights went out he switched to night vision and readied his silenced pistols. There - the figure in the trench coat. There was something odd about his skin, but from here it was hard to tell what. Especially without color. Well, if it was made of stone (again) he'd soon find out as he aimed his guns. One bullet in the neck, one in the head. Quick and clean. Lodestone would probably deal with the sharkmen's laser cannons - his powers should make shorting them out or tossing them away easy. As for the others... Well, best hope they just focused on the sharkmen and didn't mess up his shot.

(H-D)

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

OOC: Correct on all counts, Rumpelstiltskin! I put Scarlet in there because I wanted two villains to be flirting, and neither Hivemind nor Gel are the type. Apep is, though it'd be purely for the fun of grossing out her partner with an unmasked kiss. Hence her mistletoe ploy...

Half-Dragon, you missed my Robo-Robber IC directed at Shard. And this one's aimed at you too...

Gadgeteer sat back down, nanorobots concealing his form momentarily as he returned to his Urban Mode.

"So our current aim is to travel to General Warner's place of residence, bypass the security measures however we can, and search for any clue as to where the files concerning Lockdown might be." As he spoke, he began to mentally type a message onto his HUD, a message that he planned to transmit to Carapace

Information on General Warner's home address would be appreciated.

It wasn't information that Viktor thought the group would be unable to discover for themselves, but a simple check to see if Carapace was still keeping an eye on the group after being silent for so long.

As he awaited a response, he continued to address the others:

"Apart from his own home, have we any further ideas about places General Warner may have hidden the files..?"

OOC: Darn, I did miss that.

IC: Now Shard wasn't actually a good fighter. He was incredibly strong, obviously tough and possessed myriad superhuman advantages that made being a good fighter a moot point in most situations, but he had been in only a few actual fistfights in all his time as a hero. Most people just couldn't fight back. As such, while anyone with a modicum of actual training or skill likely would have dodged every one of those clumsy blows with ease, Shard took a couple of hits to the chest and leg that he'd have to repair once he had the time. Luckily, however, the robber was still dangling limply by his ankle from Shard's hand, and with minimal leverage even his super-strong blows did only minimal damage.

This was also why punching the ground may not have been the best solution to the situation. It did serve to crack the floor and unbalance Shard enough that he stumbled and toppled over, but when he did so the robber ended up (through sheer luck that he would later claim was intentional) with several hundred pounds of diamond dropped heavily atop his back. And the moment Shard regained his bearings (faster than the robber, since he hadn't just been halfway crushed) he seized the opportunity and grabbed the back of the robber's metal-clad head. "This would be a good time to surrender," he pointed out helpfully, knocking the helmet against the ground lightly for emphasis.

*H-D*

NPC: Finally. That was over with.

Just as the ground team was returning from Hexas' base and he was about to get a report of what exactly went down there, too far underwater for his communications to reach, his systems had come under electronic attack. He'd spent the time between then and now fighting it off, repairing the damage, tracking down the offender, eliminating his employers, ensuring this wasn't part of a larger group or organization working against him and generally cleaning up the mess. Now he had finally managed to reestablish contact with Gadgeteer. The electronic safeguards on this armor were better - it would take him a while to access any systems he wasn't supposed to... If he decided to do so, of course.

As soon as communication came back up he found a message, fortuitously dated only seconds ago, asking for the home address of one General Warner. He'd neglected to mention what nationality, so Carapace assumed American on the basis that other people often assumed it and only noted nationality if it wasn't American. An odd habit, especially for a man from Stalingrad, Russia. A minute or so later he replied with the address of a suburban home just outside Denver, quite comfortable, with a small family consisting of a wife, daughter and cat (names and ages included - even the cat, Dorothy). Finally he added a note to the end promising an explanation for the radio silence at the next convenience and asking that a report of everything since their last contact be prepared.

{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

It took a while to acknowledge Carapace's reply, since Viktor had to divide his attention between reading the message on his HUD and listening to what the others were saying around him. So it took some time before he was able to respond with:

We met Hexas in her underwater sub. She was accompanied by a psychic ally, Killer Mari. Hexas threatened to burst the sub and drown us, even willing to sacrifice her ally. We had no choice but to negotiate. Hexas has informed us that Lockdown is a prison, built in secret by General Warner to illegally house his enemies. Hexas' interest is in freeing a prisoner called Baron Carchas, her 'beloved'. Hexas offered to lay low for the next three days, not to obtain more allies or make any more threats, during which she expects us to obtain the files on Lockdown and meet with her again. While I am not ready to trust her word on this, I am ready to cooperate, given that the exposure of a General's corruption and freeing of those who have been illegally imprisoned is a much higher priority mission than stopping Hexas, whom by her own admission as no other allies or resources than Killer Mari and an old submarine.

No digital copies or records of the Operation: Lockdown files exist as it is not a government-authorised facility, so we believe the files or a clue to their location may be concealed within General Warner's place of residence. Our aim is to perform a break-in as soon as possible and we are discussing that plan now.

We took residence in a hotel last night. When we awoke Negafire had disappeared. He has given us no explanation as to his disappearance. I observed him to be anxious for most of yesterday, especially after the incident at the Sinful Saloon. I believe he may have gone into hiding, fearing retribution from a Coalition comrade.

IC - Robo-Robbers @ Bank of America

The super-strong Robo-Robber growled and squirmed. Though Shard was heavy, and the Robo-Robber weakened, adrenaline was giving the robber that extra burst of strength needed to begin pushing himself up, ready to twist round and throw Shard off of him.

But then he attempted a tactic which the others seemed fond of - he electrified his suit. He ought to have thought for a moment and realised that electricity would doubtless do little damage against a man made of diamond, if any, but he was desperate to obtain any advantage now, and it cost him. The damage his suit had taken didn't quite allow such a thing. There were several loud sparks and flashes as an arc or two of electricity leapt from the suit, and a couple of flashes that seemed to come from within the visor. Then the Robo-Robber crumpled limply, emitting a quiet groan as a wisp of smoke trailed from his back. The suit had malfunctioned and he had electrocuted himself.

Across the room, Soundsmith's concentrated sound-blasts was enough to send the already-winded Robo-Robber sprawling, unconscious. His machine-gun flew out of his grip and clattered uselessly to the floor.

However, from his position nearby, the Robo-Robber who'd been firing a heat beam at Caige had noticed the weakening of Soundsmith's armour. So, while Caige had dodged aside he took the opportunity to adjust his aim and launch a heat beam straight at Soundsmith. And, believing that there was no kill like overkill he drew a micromissile launcher and fired that, too. In avoiding the heat beam Soundsmith wouldn't have time to aim a blast to destroy the micromissile. And in aiming a blast to destroy the micromissile he wouldn't have time to evade the heat beam.,.

IC (Shanna, Seoul, Korea)

With a sigh, Shanna opened her laptop. It was a secure connection of course, she had paid a pretty penny to ensure that. Any hacker would be facing a gauntlet of hunter-killer programs that would give the DoD a good run for it's money. Things were going to come to a head tonight, they would have to be move quickly. If all went well, they would push the coalition out of the city completely. That was a large if however, normal men and women fighting against supers was an equation that had already played itself out before. Shanna had changed a few variables, but she wondered if it was enough.

Not that it mattered. The die was cast. As soon as the final preparations were finished...they would move.

OOC: Happy 2013 everyone! Makes my time between posts seem really bad when I say that too...

IC: Silver glanced over at her for a moment before staring at the floor.

"It did seem hopeless. But I tried to survive anyway and... well.... somehow I did. I can't explain it, but somehow that initial explosion didn't kill me. There wasn't any point trying to find an escape pod after that anyway... I don't even know if the Mothership HAD those since it was crewed by robots... but I wasn't about to let Technax escape either. So I faced him, and he chose to flee once he thought he'd taken care of me. But I was still kicking, and followed him onto his vessel.... that's where things started to go really wrong. I'm not sure me just telling you what happened would really do it justice..." he glanced up again, aura pulsing.

"To truly understand what I went through, you have to see it through my eyes" Sluice and Fellwyd's visions began to blur as the memory of Silver's ordeal was directly placed into their heads so they could suffer the experiance personally: even more disturbing was that when their vision corrected itself in the new locale, they were no longer inhabitating a body their own... instead they were viewing the events of a month prior from Silver's first-person view directly.

Silver winced and held a blooded hand to his side, grimacing with every movement he made through the small sections of the craft. Rounding a corner he could see a battered Technax working rapidly on a console as he began to make his escape, unwittingly taking Silver along with him. The vessel gave a lurch and began blast fowards, making a beeline for open space away from the rapidly imploding Armada Mothership which caused the psychic to stumble briefly. Glancing up from the floor Technax was still too preoccupied with the screen ahead of him... one that showed the hundreds of cannons lining the Mothership's hull angling towards the rapidly shrinking image of the fleeing Esp, whom was carrying the rest of the Mothership heroes to safety. After a moment's thought the psychic rushed towards Technax, igniting a wristblade only for Technax to whirl about with a blade of his own, easily parrying before slugging Silver hard in the jaw with his other hand, sending him back to the floor.

"You're sickingly predictable... I am a warlord, conquerer or worlds! You think you can defeat me just by turning invisible?!" Technax growled, a robotic foot kicking the psychic hard in the gut.

"No... but I keep you distracted really easily..." he retorted, swingingly a leg hard at Technax's other foot with an added wristblade protuding from it which sheared clean through the already-battle damaged limb. His supporting foot now severed the cyborg leader of the Invasion was toppled, giving Silver the chance to hurl a buzzsaw into the console and devastate it... hopefully it's destruction keeping Esp safe. "You were sayin-" Silver was cut off when Technax's fist heavily met his face, the psychic responding with a blast-powered punch of his own: one Technax skillfully took the brunt of before using Silver's own momentum to hurl him the length of the room. His vision was getting blurred now, in a sizable amount of pain as he got up again only to be pummelled by energy blasts from the warlord, his hastily-erected shields holding singular assaults at a time before shattering. When Technax, having formed a blade of his own came into close range the psychic instead rocketed toward him with his flight power, stabbing twin wristblades into the cyborg's gut and pinning him against a wall. With barely a grunt of discomfort Technax swung a fist hard into Silver's temple, sending him sprawling as the warlord got back to his feet and sent another burst from his energy cannon hurtling in the psychic's direction, barely even fazed by the cybernetic liquids leaking from his now-far-less-Cerebrium coated cheast armor. To his great annoyance, Silver was still breathing and getting back up.

"ARGH, WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!?!"

"It'll take more than you've got Technax.... but I followed you in here for a reason"

"I couldn't possibly guess to that, now could I?" came the sarcastic response

"We have an Earth saying... the Captain always go down with the ship. You're not leaving here alive" the psychic said, backing away as he turned invisible again before making him away into another room of Technax's craft, nursing his wounds.

"Hide and seek again? You're pathetic!" Silver ignored him, instead glancing down at a floor panel that had some kind of glow underneath and a fair amount of alien markings... that was universal enough to mean intergral ship workings to him.

"THIS LOOKS IMPORTANT" he yelled loudly, stabbing his wristblade into the device under the floor which now sparked and whined loudly, causing the entire craft to shudder violently. Technax soon rushed into the room to have a wristblade swung directly at his head: the killing blow was shockingly deflected when the cyborg fired a beam of pure energy from his organic eye, part of his actual superhuman ability.

"YOU FOOL! YOU'VE COMPRIMISED THE NOVA DRIVE AND WITHOUT THAT I'M TRAPPED ON THIS MUDBALL OF A PLANET!" Technax was more infuriated than he'd ever appeared before, a real achievement. Raising his wristblade again to strike a second time, the cyborg formed a pincer-like shape of two blades and trapped Silver's between them, swinging Silver hard completely overhead and smashing him into the floor, before dragging him (wristblade and all) across the floor and smashing him into the wall as well. "I WILL NOT BE CONDEMED TO LIVING OUT THE REST OF MY DAYS ON THIS MISERABLE EXCUSE FOR A PLANET!" he bellowed, hurling Silver aside before aiming his cannon at the weakened hero. Using what energy he had left Silver formed a psychic orb in his hand and sent it sailing towards Technax.... directly down the barrel of his weapon. The ensuring explosion that erupted from inside the bowel's of the cyborgs arm-mounted weapon was enough completely engluf Technax and obscure him from view, sending him sprawling. Silver tried to stand then faltered, falling onto his hands and knees and spitting up more blood than he assumed was ever good for one's health. Technax appeared to be unconcious... dead if he was lucky, and the Nova Drive was becoming incredibly noisy and acting like it was about to explode... time to go.

Forcing his way into the what equated to the "bridge" of the craft, Silver became rapidly aware he had no idea how to fly this thing... "I can't allow him to escape, either...." he glanced down at all the fancy buttons with utter exhaustion and ignited a wristblade above them. "Neither of us is making it to Earth...." the psychic had been about to strike when a massive sharp pain shot through his arm, enough to cause him to scream audibly as he thrown to the ground and smashed in the face with what remained of Technax's cannonarm.

"At first I was going to just enslave them... all of them. But now.... they're all going to die because of you. I will get back to my base somehow, I will return, and I will DEVASTATE your world from orbit.... and she's going to be last. She was the perfect bait for you, and now because you had to play the HERO." Technax emphasised the word with a smack from his weapon "Had to ruin my PLAN AND DESTROY DECADES OF WORK... she's going to die nice and slow. This "Sluice" and I? We're gonna have a heck of a time" That was enough to stop Silver from accepting the darkness embracing him, glaring up at Technax from the floor.

"Just you try" he telekinetically seized the warlord and sent him slamming up into the celieng before hurling the largest psychic orb he could muster into the bridge console ahead. Apparently it worked for a large, repetivive klaxon began to sound as navigation failed and the craft began angle dangerously close to Earth's gravity well. Another sharp pain shot into Silver's arm again, sending him sprawling onto the console as Technax shot eletrical current into the exact part of Silver's arm where he had been "branded" by one of Technax's own torture devices. Though he couldn't see, he could feel the blown-out barrel of Technax's cannon being shoved up against the back of his skull.

"This time I won't miss" Technax growled, firing the weapon only to be knocked off his footing just in time as the craft lurched violently as it began to sink towards Earth's atmosphere. Using the oppotunity to attack Technax again, the warlord found his beloved cannon arm suddenly sent flying across the room, completely detached from his body as Silver's wristblades found their mark. There was little time to celebrate the victory though as the Nova Drive's whine's of failing hit fever pitch and the device overloaded the rest of the vessel, multiple systems failing as exploded into a singularity: a temporary minutare black hole. Already badly stressed the craft was tore apart from the Nova Drive room, being torn in half as it burnt up in the atmosphere and a massive breach in the hull opening up on the bridge. Air began to rush out along with Technax's cannon remains and anything that wasn't nailed down, Silver hooking himself onto the bridge's command throne using his wristblades while Technax desprately gripped dangling cabling as his ship was completely ripped in half, the other flying off and violently detonating as the singularity ceased to exist. Technax howled over the rushing wind, only a rapidly-failing heatshield preventing the pair from facing the extreme heat of re-entry. Glancing over at Technax's cable, Silver saw it was attached in part to the falling-to-peices console ahead of him....

"Technax... THIS IS FROM EARTH" Silver yelled as he slashed the main console free, Technax's lifeline dragged outside with it. It was only a second after the console came loose Technax relised his thrusters were so badly damaged by their previous battles as to be inoperable....

"NOOOOOOOOO! I WILL NOT BE DENIED!" Technax howled as he desperatly clawed at the smooth metal floor before he was dragged outside by the rushing wind with nothing left to save him... and thus forced out into the overwhelming forces of atmosphereic re-entry. Silver was just able to see a split-second of Technax igniting before a haunting, agonising scream was all he could hear, and even that faded away, leaving only the psychic in a crashing ship heading towards the Earth. Utterly exhausted and rather sure he wouldn't survive the crash, Silver did little but keep himself attached to the throne for dear life and attempt to form a shield when snowy mountains began to whip by the front window and the ship made a direct beeline for a violent, snowy crash...

The images suddenly became violent and twisted now, barely forming together in a nightmareish way. Silver was screaming, in horrible pain... all that could be seen of his location was white, snow and ice.... suddenly he was looking down at his hand, giving an agonised cry as fingers rapidly began to fuse and the fingertips swelled, the skin changed colour... something long tore itself from the back of his cloak and his agonised cries turned to a roar...

The vivid memories suddenly ended and Silver stepped back, clutching his head slightly before turning away, breathing heavily. Clearly the final set of images were not intended to have been shown, and merely reliving them at all was distressing the mutant greatly.

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

OOC: Happy New Year everybody! :happydance:

Ultimately it was Ultionis who initiated the attack, a quiet coughing sound announcing his two shots at the SuperVillain. The Sharkmen tensed and uttered an ichthyological snarl; before they had time to react further, Loadstone ripped their laser cannons out of their hands and smashed them into their faces, causing them to reel in confusion. Behind them, the man slowly raised a hand to his neck, twisting his head as if to work out a cramped muscle.

By now he was close enough for Loadstone to make out his appearance - he was young, maybe 18 at most, with eyes that glowed whitish-blue. For that matter, his entire body had a blue tint to it, with a glassy, crystalline complexion that made him appear to be a living ice sculpture. Every inch of his figure was chiseled to a level of detail no sculptor could ever hope to achieve, however. And ice couldn't shrug off two bullets.

The crystalline teenager peered calmly, almost resignedly, into the darkness before him, scanning for any sign of his assailant. "You might as well give up now," he called, his voice confirming his age. "No matter what your powers are, you're no match for the Coalition. Surrender now, and we'll be merciful."

~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC:(ozo)ozo saw the creature that had been traveling with the target was aiming unusually carefully at him.the creature was obviously waiting for something.ozo quickly scanned the creature as he slowed his hoverboard to a near stop. he thought that the creature may have been logged in to a list of known criminals,and that may give some answer as to why he was working with ozo's target.he changed the direction of thrust coming from his hoverboard to send himself straight up, and since he was sideways, it propelled him up, over, and away from the creature, all the while spinning his hoverrboard/bikuritan under him to block any attack the creature may launch.ozo landed on the roof of the vehicle and tore it open using one of the bikuritan blades.seeing that there were policemen driving the vehicle and not some gang members,combined with the fact that his helmet was beeping with an affirmation that the creature had been found in the database, he hesitated for a split second.

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC - Apep @ New York

Apep didn't hesitate though. As soon as a hole was torn in the roof of her transport she leapt to her feet. She had no idea who this guy on the hoverboard was. He seemed to want to attack her, though, so she tried to use that to her advantage.

As fast as she could, she jumped and swung her (cuffed) hands up toward the nonhuman creature in a sort of double-fisted haymaker. She was hoping he'd use his axe-like weapon to counter the blow, which would hopefully damage the cuffs enough for her to regain control of her powers. There was a bit too much hope required for her liking, but she figured a slim chance of escape was better than none.

IC - Sluice @ Epsilon

Sluice was quiet for a short while after Silver's 'memory projection' had ended. Notwithstanding the fact that it was extremely disconcerting to live the events through his eyes like that - especially without warning - but she (and Fellwyd, presumably) had gotten a hint of the pain Silver had experienced before and after the mutation, both physically and emotionally. And suddenly offering platitudes, telling him over and over that things would work out just fine, seemed a bit futile. The pain was over for her and Fellwyd. But it had dwelled in Silver's memory for over a month. What could she say?

"Thankyou for sharing that with us. It... it helps me understand more what you've been through, and what you're going through now..."

It wasn't sugar-coated; it wasn't any kind of assurance. It was just the truth...

IC: Nathan gasped and dodged the heat blast, the missile hammering his armor. The hero felt his reserves of energy leave him, his armor and gauntlet powering down. He could still move, but he'd be lucky to fire a sound blast every 20 seconds.

OOC: In other words, Nathan can fire a blast every other post.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:(ozo)he was brought back to attention as the two bandaged hands collided with his hollow mask,making a sharp clanging noise that deafened the drivers of the vehicle.the car swerved and crashed into a building, throwing ozo off of the roof of the car and through a neighboring building window.his ears still ringing from the punch, ozo was faintly aware of another bothersome sound breaking through the white noise that was all he could hear currently.he stumbled to his feet and started picking out the glass from his armor.he looked and saw that the whole wall of the building that was facing the car was collapsed.ozo would have to dig himself out."double zorp."

Edited by stargatestaticTH

see these guys?

i know its dumb.

my Skrall--er, scroll.

IC:

(Tragedy/Lord Death)

Being zapped didn't feel good, and it hurt, a lot. With his head reeling, Alex's barriers dropped, and Lord Death emerged. He was ready to kill, and found a distracted robber, the one fighting Soundsmith, and jumped on him. This time, electric attacks or not, this one would fall. With a very loud and terrifying roar, Death jumped on the robber, a mass of grey fur and muscle.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

(Just because this character resembles my avatar at this time, doesn't mean it's my inspiration)

Real Name: Jack SearsAlias: White LightningAppearance: Working on itPower: Basic Lightning powers, enhanced agility;Weapon: KatanaAllegiance: Solo HeroArea: Arlington, Virginia; Born in Liberia in the 1980'sBio: His past is filled with complete shame as his life in Liberia was a soldier as a child. But ever since he was rescued from that life by U.S soldiers, he feels that he must hide his past and create a new life for himself. He enlisted in the U.S Army and made his way to become a Black Ops soldier. After two years he retired from the Army and persude a life as a hero, working in the dark of night.

Edited by The Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Omega had all but lost track of the fight by now. As far as he could tell, the nameless villain in the armor had managed to free Apep, then the two had somehow gotten into a fight and ended up slamming their way down the street. Normally he would have been curious to know what had prompted them to turn against one another, but right now he honestly couldn't say he cared. Shockhead had probably seen the commotion by now and ditched the train idea, meaning he was back to square one, the villain he had captured was back on the loose, the fight was tearing up his city- He'd had enough. No more mister nice guy.

The hero flew down the street after the two brawling villains, charging bolts of energy as he went. The difference this time was that, while still concussive in nature, these were less the usual 'family friendly' attacks - a few bruises and ideally they're down for the count - and more the 'broken bones and concussions' attacks. In the armored one's case this was justifiable, as he was, well, armored. For Apep? He was just ticked.

Finally he caught up with them both and released the energy bolts, aiming one at each from either hand.

|H-D|

IC: Shard blinked. He had honestly not been expecting that. "Did he just... electrocute himself?" He asked of no one in particular. Then, apparently recalling he was in the middle of a pitched battle, he turned to see if there was something he could do to help. Unfortunately he turned out to be too late - just as he looked up, a micromissile slammed into Soundsmith's armor just as a heat beam narrowly missed him. It looked like the other hero was still standing, but his armor seemed damaged.

Well, nothing for that now. Knowing he couldn't undo what was done, Shard opted instead to attack one of the robbers who had fired - specifically the one with the heat beam. That weapon would be essentially useless against Shard... though if it was laser-based then it might diffract across his body. Harmless, but very bright. That was a risk he was willing to take, especially when the alternative was a micromissile, which would be considerably more painful. With that decided, he launched himself forward, fist-first, at the heat-beam-wielding robber.

*H-D*

NPC: Ultionis retreated back to cover, thinking fast. What little detail could be determined suggested a crystalline pattern to the enemy's skin. That made him the second solid-rock thug they'd dealt with. Now what did he know about crystal? Not a lot, actually. Supposedly near-invulnerable. Sheets of it were used for bulletproof glass, so at a thickness equal to the human body basically nothing he had would do more than crack it. Apparently had a weakness to sonic attacks, he'd heard that somewhere, but while Skyra had shown some ability to dull sounds through air manipulation the soldier doubted he had the fine control required to produce a sound that would actually damage the crystal. Especially without damaging everyone's ears as well.

So... Basically he was down to 'hit it really hard and hope for the best.' Great. Next time he was at HQ he would requisition some kind of sonic weaponry. Worst of all, breaking this one would make a really, really loud noise, which basically shot any hope they had of keeping some small stealth component in this plan to shreds. With a machine gun. Except...

The second rock thug. The first one had had a ring that made her what she was. It was a long shot, but what if this one had the same? Ultionis risked leaning out from cover and focusing on the enemy's hands, looking for some kind of gemmed ring and prepared to fire off a shot if he found it, followed by another at the skull if it worked. Made for a pretty small weak spot, but he was Donovan Locke. He hit smaller targets at greater range while facing the other way, eyes closed and gun pointed over his shoulder, upside-down. As practice.

(H-D)

NPC: Carapace considered Gadgeteer's reply carefully before sending his own. I need details, it began. Understanding that you had little choice but to accept, do you believe Hexas was sincere about having no other forces? Or that she will keep her promise? And did she know, or deign to share, what kind of enemies Warner houses at this prison? Rivals? Leaders of enemy militaries? People too valuable to execute? When was it built? How did he keep it secret? Who funded it?

The last one was especially important. If it was funded by the military, a record should exist. If it was funded by the military without their knowledge, there would still be a document somewhere, but falsified - something he knew how to track down. If it had no military connection beyond the one commissioning it, that would mean he had to reach out to someone else - and that identity would prove telling indeed. Leave nothing out. Every detail could be the one that leads us to him.

{H-D}

Edited by Half-Dragon

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

(Just because this character resembles my avatar at this time, doesn't mean it's my inspiration)

Alias: White Lightning

Appearance: Working on it

Power: Lightning powers, enhanced agility, Katana

Allegiance: Solo Hero

Area: Arlington, Virginia; Born in Liberia in the 1980's

Bio: His past is filled with complete shame as his life in Liberia was a soldier as a child. But ever since he was rescued from that life by U.S soldiers, he feels that he must hide his past and create a new life for himself. He enlisted in the U.S Army and made his way to become a Black Ops soldier. After two years he retired from the Army and persude a life as a hero, working in the dark of night.

Is the katana just a thing he carries round or is it an actual power of some sort?

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

The Robo-Robber saw Shard coming and braced himself, aiming his weapons. Then Lord Death leapt seemingly out of nowhere and caught the villain off-guard, knocking him to the ground. The Robo-Robber cried out, struggling to try and get the monster off of him. His micromissile launcher went off in the scuffle, streaking in a random direction. He managed to twist his heat beam weapon toward Lord Death, firing a ray of fiery heat against his shoulder.

Of course, this meant that the Robo-Robber Tragedy had initially been attacking was now free to get up and target another hero. With his suit still electrified, the Robo-Robber ran over to swing a 'shocking' punch to the weakened Soundsmith. And he activated the bright light function of his helmet visor so that the heroes would be unable to look at him without being momentarily blinded.

For those heroes who were keeping track: after these two Robo-Robbers, the only ones remaining would be the leader, who was still hacking the bank's computer system, the one protecting him with a wall-to-floor forcefield.

OOC: HD, there was only one Robo-Robber who fired both a heat beam and a micromissile at Soundsmith. But I guess Shard could've gotten confused; they all look alike after all. And to be honest I'm struggling to keep track of what's going on here myself. I thought not giving them distinct appearances/names would make it easier to IC them all, less details to remember...

I see it as unlikely that Hexas has other forces at her disposal, for it would have made a great deal of sense to utilise them to obtain the Operation: Lockdown files rather than demand it of the world's heroes. Unless she is enacting a much larger-scale scheme, but there is no evidence for that at present. She claimed that Lockdown was built to house General Warner's enemies, which I took to mean his own, personal foes, perhaps ones he had made during illegal or immoral pursuits. Source of funding is currently unknown, though that information may be present in said files.

As Carapace's questions went on, Viktor became aware of just how much vital information he'd neglected to obtain during the underwater negotiations with Lady Hexas. He chalked the oversights up to exhaustion, and made a mental note to keep his tiredness in better check. The uneasy feeling that Hexas was manipulating the group crept into his mind. He refused to be taken advantage of, least of all by a talking shark.

One other thing. I recall now that Lady Hexas referred to Baron Carchas as the rightful ruler of the oceans, or some such title. So, his domain of operation most likely being underwater, to have made an enemy of him General Warner must logically have worked at sea, perhaps on a submarine or battleship.

IC - Apep @ New York

As the vehicle subsequently swerved and crashed Apep was thrown against the wall with a wheeze. She picked herself up slowly. Alright, so her attempt to have the handcuffs broken hadn't gone exactly as she'd hoped. No biggie. As it turned out the two cops who'd been there to keep watch over her were now dazed by the crash, so they didn't try to stop Apep as she kicked the back doors open. She stumbled out onto a pile of rubble, noticing with glee that her attacker was mostly buried in the masonry, when with what seemed like a flare of orange light Omega rejoined them. It was hard to tell - what with his only visible facial feature being two white dots for eyes - but he seemed angry. The following energy bolt confirmed that. What felt like a miniature explosion knocked Apep off her feet and into the rubble. She lay within the shattered brickwork for a few moments, groaning, then rolled over to stagger to her feet.

Then she noticed something.

Instinctively she'd raised her hands to protect herself from the energy bolt. That, plus the force of hitting the ground must have been enough to break the cuffs, for the two metal bangles now hung from either wrist, unconnected. And what was more, they'd stopped nullifying her powers!

Apep prised the remnants of the cuffs off, a grin spreading beneath her mask. Still, she was in no mood to battle Omega again, not after he'd trounced her before. She was still annoyed at how he'd tricked her, but revenge could be served at a later date. They say it's best to let it go cold anyway, thought Apep. Right now she had to seize upon the slim possibility that Shockhead hadn't quite made it out of Grand Central yet. Now was her chance; with Omega busying himself dealing with the guy with the hoverboard, she could slip away. Several paper tendrils launched from her shoulder, intertwining and becoming a rope that wrapped around a nearby fire escape and hoisted her up and away from the scene...