To Save The World!

IC: Skyra - Forrest - Skyra kept charging foward with the rest of the group, constantly slamming wind into the small critters to blow them out of their way. "If this is the best they can throw at us I'm not impressed."

Edited by King Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime][League of Salvation Headquarters, New York City]:"There were some...complications over my origin," said Kyle. "Someone bred me in a lab. I don't know who, don't know where. But whatever it was, I think the files that Lady Hexas were after might help me discover the who, the where and the why."

IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet"Gnuuuhh!"Gadgeteer sat bolt upright. To the others in the League jet, his movements must have appeared robotic - what with his solid, unchanging limbs and the metal, expressionless mask. But inside the armour he was gasping and pale. Viktor looked around, taking in the situation and realising what had happened. He must have only been asleep for ten, maybe twenty minutes - and the unfulfilled nap only made him feel worse. His joints ached and he gave the groan of an old man as he got to his feet."... I... apologise..." He muttered reluctantly to the others. "I was more... exhausted than I thought. What... what have I missed?"IC(NPC) X-Calibur @ ForestAs gusts of wind, psychic bolts, bullets, and other projectiles flew every which way, the trees of the forest swayed and surged in all directions in a wild dance. As a result, the constantly-shifting branches kept moving to bar the heroes' view of the path ahead. X-Calibur slashed his Energy Machete to deal with the opposing boughs - the crackling red energy that coated the blade's surface sliced through objects at a molecular level, so that cutting away the foilage was as easy as swinging at empty air.A raccoon leapt screeching from above, clinging to X-Calibur's helmet, as more squirrels nipped madly at his feet. The signal might be disrupted, but with the commotion the group was causing many of the animals were acting in fearful self-defense. X-Calibur reached up and, after a few moments of struggling, prised the raccoon off of him whilst kicking the others away, but the exertion of effort caused him to lose balance. He stumbled forwards, hacked through a large leafy bush and then suddenly there was nothing else to cut away.X-Calibur straightened up. He'd entered a clearing. It was dotted with ruined stone structures, the most complete of which was an old, half-crumbled house...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Pacific Ocean)"Hexas is at the Pacific Trash Vortex," the League hero informed the Russian. "She's got a single psychic there was backup and her armor."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Omega raised an eyebrow curiously. "What makes you say that?" He asked, setting the matters of names and nanites aside for the time being. "I mean, in my experience there's a lot of sketchy organizations doing a lot of weird things. Those files could be anything, or nothing at all to do with it. I mean, it could still be you're right, but... Perdão, I'm rambling."|H-D|NPC: "Don't get cocky," Ultionis admonished Skyra. "This is barely a perimiter defense. More like a deterrent. They'll have much worse once we get past the barricade." He swatted aside a flying squirrel that tried to latch on to his face and stepped through the brush after X-Calibur, into the clearing, where he stopped in his tracks. Strange. Looked like a really old, stone... village? Here? What group in this part of the country built villages with stone? For that matter, how many villages anywhere were built with stone? Normally a settlement that size would be made of wood. And who even built villages anymore?(H-D)NPC: Carapace switched off the music, albeit a tad reluctantly. He enjoyed classical. "That's enough resting," he said pointedly, relaying it to Gadgeteer's headset. "You should have had a power nap by now. Once you're caught up we'll resume planning for the rest of this debacle."{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetGadgeteer thought for a moment. "Is there... are we on a strict time limit now? I still intend to claim Lone's half of our technological exchange." He was referring to the deal he'd made with Lone back at Manchester airport; information on the Animus strip in return for parts to build a nanoforge - parts that could only be obtained from Lone's workshop. "If we have time to prepare, it would be logical for me to do that before our confrontation with Lady Hexas, rather than after."IC - X-Calibur @ ForestAnswering Epsilon's spoken question (and Ultionis' unspoken one) X-Calibur said: "The Coalition didn't make these. I did a bit of research into the area before we left - back in the nineteenth century most of Michigan's upper peninsula played a large role in America's growing timber and mining industries. As a result you had a lot of small towns springing up that were abandoned almost as quickly once those particular industries went into a sharp decline. Long story short, there're plenty of ghost towns dotted about this forest."He took a few steps forwards, looking around the clearing cautiously. Both his own keen mind and the HUD function of his helmet took in details and analysed them. "I'd guess from the fact these buildings appear to be made of stone that this was a mining town. Safer than wood for storing things like gunpowder. Now, Magneta, Nil, since you both sensed that the Coalition base is underground they must have built it into an abandoned mine. So logically if we find the mine entrance we can enter the base. Everybody spread out, stay alert, and call out if you find anything. Mystic, keep an eye on everyone's, er, eyes. You might notice something we don't. Loadstone and Magneta, carry on blocking that signal." X-Calibur strode towards an old well covered in creeping vines. Power still crackled across the surface of his Energy Machete - he was ready to react at a moment's notice...OOC: You guys can get creative now if you want: you can either find the mine entrance, or some other trap/defense hidden in the ruins. At this proximity to the base the Coalition wouldn't worry so much about subtlety, so something like, say, a concealed gun turret wouldn't be out of place.

Edited by Kumata

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Pacific Ocean)"Well, we're flying over Cali now..." Saosin replied, taking a quick glance at Lone and then turning back to Gadgeteer. "As far as we know - assuming that the Perun was the only real weaponry that our little Techno-Jaws had on her - we have no time limit, but Romulus and Captain Code are both in our possession, so if they don't report in, Hexas will know someone's after her, if she doesn't already. I mean, we could turn around here and not lose a lot of time in flight, but depending on how long your trade takes, she could be gone by the time we get to the Vortex, or she could have acquired something else to use against us..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC [Kyle Tanaka | Omega Prime][League of Salvation Headquarters, New York City]:"I don't know," Kyle admitted. "I'm desperate, to be honest. I've looked years for any clue and came up empty handed. There may be everything in those files, there may be nothing. But I figure that if I can track down one 'untraceable' file, I can at least start to learn how to track down another. I need to start somewhere. Rumor has it that metasoldier genetic engineering is what those files detailed. If it is, I'm one step closer. If its not, I can at least start my search and those files will be in League hands. Win-win situation for everyone involved."

Edited by Kahinuva

IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetViktor understood Saosin's point, but even disregarding his planned upgrade he needed to make a few basic repairs to his armour, for it had been damaged in their brawl at the Sinful Saloon. He didn't like the idea of going after Lady Hexas in faulty armour - this was a poor enough model even when fixed."Would it be possible to program this jet's autopilot in such a way," he suggested after another moment of thought, "so that I and Lone are dropped off at his workshop, the rest of you continue to the trash vortex - and then the jet comes back to Lone and I, so that we can catch you up?" Strategically it was a risky maneuver - the group would be a little more vulnerable - but better to send four of their number in the meantime than none, right?If they didn't like the sound of this then he had another idea in mind, though the chances of it being possible were more vague and relied on how much Carapace was willing to aid the group...

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Pacific Ocean)"Well...yeah, hypothetically, I suppose we could," agreed Tilian, tapping the armrest in thought. "Whistler knows how to work the jet, anyway, so I guess he could pilot it after dropping us off. Madness, N-Ber and I will move in and take out Killer Mari; by the time we're done on that front, you three will be back here and then we can all move in on Hexas."Then Saosin considered the submarine itself; Romulus had mentioned that it was designed to be an easy escape to the sea in case of Hexa's discovery, and they couldn't run the risk that she'd get away without someone else getting her location."Between you and Lone, do you think that you could disable the submarine? Stop Hexas from making any sort of vehicular escape?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetSubmarine? Saosin hadn't mentioned that. Or had he? Viktor had to be sure that in his tired state his concentration wasn't slipping."I can assume command of any vehicle so long as I can access its internal mechanics," said Gadgeteer, extending the adaptable connection port from his right palm as a reminder. "So I doubt that will be too difficult a task. I will point out that the work I need to do on my armoured battle suit will take time. Assuming Lone has all of the necessary tools and materials at his workshop, and minus the time you take to actually reach Hexas' location, I would say that you will be waiting around an hour before Lone and I can join you again. Is this acceptable?"Normally Viktor wouldn't have requested permission, but showing deference was his way of apologising for falling asleep during an important interrogation...

Edited by Kumata

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Pacific Ocean)"Yeah, I'd say that'd be fine," he said, running the simulated events through his brain for a second and memorizing them so he'd have a blueprint for later. "That gives us ample time to take down Killer Mari. She doesn't sound like the strongest mentally or physically, so if Madness can keep her at a stalemate with his powers, N-Ber and I can restrain her and then hold out for Gadgeteer and Lone. Whistler, since you already volunteered, you stay with the jet. If things go south, someone needs to be prepared to get back to a League base and inform them of everything we have. Romulus and Captain Code stay here as well."He turned back to Gadgeteer and bit his lip again."So...what exactly will the technology trade give you guys in the way of an upgrade? Anything that could be used to our advantage?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet"Not particularly. Lone will be able to control his armour with his mind, allowing for more efficient operation. I will gain a nanoforge which will allow my armoured battle suit to repair itself. We are simply swapping technologies. Given several days I could perform a much more thorough and extensive upgrade, but I am not prepared to risk giving Lady Hexas that much time." An idea occurred to him. He turned to Lone. "We should also make sure to waterproof our armours, given the location of our enemy..."OOC: I do have an Equipment Upgrade from ages back that I hadn't claimed for Viktor, so it's ok for me to get a nanoforge. Hopefully it's ok for Lone to have the animus strip too - it's not really an upgrade in a gameplay sense...

Edited by Kumata

IC: (Loadstone)As they hovered into the clearing, suddenly there was a shift in the electromagnetic field. Namely, that of keeping out an electronic signal, and that of holding one in."The signal's coming from somewhere here," Loadstone announced. "It's already inside the dome; that ought to drive any animals in here into a frenzy, but we should be blocking it from escaping to the rest of the forest. Nil, see if you can find where the signal's coming from so we can shut it down."IC: (NPC - Doctor Om)"I seriously doubt that the subject of those files is supersoldier engineering," Doctor Om said. "It was the UN that passed the Supersoldier Prohibition Treaty, which forbids the employment of any superhuman in a military capacity. If any nation were to break that treaty, the League is granted full authority to step in and neutralize any and all supersoliders, at which point jurisdiction is returned to the UN. Of course, it's the worst-kept secret in the business that the US government actively engages in genetic engineering, but any superhumans they create are either turned loose or employed in internal agencies, which is well within the bounds of the treaty."Dr. Om cleared his throat. "My point is, the UN is refusing to share Operation Lockdown with the League, so it's very likely that it has nothing to do with supersoldiers. And in any event, unless they decide to break every law of probability I know, they don't intend to share Lockdown with us any time soon. We're as in the dark about it as you are."~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC: (Lone)"Alright then. Drop us off at the Hollywood sign. My shop isn't far from there."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: Kumata returns, and so do I! I guess I don't really function without him after intergrating his characters so fully into my plots :PIC(Mastermind): The mutant span in the air, sending several desperate psychic blasts back down towards his pursuer that achieved nothing more than sending rubble raining down around her. Despite his desperation she was still following, but that mattered little when he reached the open air first and shot high into the air: further than a reverse-waterfall would ever be able to stretch without a massive body of water under it."Not good enough to stop me, I'm afraid" Mastermind gloated as he soared higher, only to heavily impact into Esp's shields as the spacecraft moved to intercept his retreat. Badly stunned the psychic fell like a rock back towards the desert outside the complex, barely slowing his descent enough to survive the fall intact, albiet in a very battered heap."Abyss, I've been monitoring you since your..... recent resurgance. Please note that Sluice: the other you, arrived here with the need to capture Mastermind alive" Esp relayed through Abyss's helmet, a feature Sluice would be have been aware of but something the aggressive alter-ego probably hadn't relised. Hopefully she would be willing to trust the metaphorical familiar face Esp provided, even though their experiances together hadn't extended past the Technax Invasion: if she refused to see reason the AI would have to neutralise her before she could slay Mastermind and destroy their only lead on Silver. Esp would probably enjoy doing so more than she'd openly admit...

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

IC - Abyss @ Superbeing Smackdown!Over the roar of the reverse-waterfall Abyss could barely hear Epsilon's robotic voice. A strange psychological effect was that whenever it was plainly stated to Abyss that she was an aspect of Sluice's mind, the information simply slipped away from her attention like oil over water. But the rest of the sentient spacecraft's comments she caught."Nice of you to join the party, Epsilon, but explain to me why that freak needs to stay alive? He killed your pilot and almost killed me. And that lizard-guy who was helping me."Her upward progress slowed until she eventually came to a complete stop, balancing in the air halfway between the floor of the arena and the hole in the surface through which Mastermind had escaped. The mutant was right; there wasn't enough water for Abyss to draw upon in order to follow him all the way... at least, not in this manner. She gritted her teeth in concentration - she was starting to push herself to the limit now - and steadily, from the tip downwards, the column of water began to solidify, reshaping itself as it did so. It became thinner, its mass being squeezed upwards to let Abyss reach the sandy desert surface. She hopped off the column with a gasp as the process finished: the reverse-waterfall had now become a pillar of ice, covered in handholds and square step-like protrusions. The intent was to invite her reptilian ally to climb up and join her... she still knew next to nothing about it, but its unique appearance and the fact that it had been willing to help her piqued her curiosity. Besides, although the Abyss personality was too proud to admit her exhaustion, it possessed enough tactical savvy to see the sense in keeping an ally close at hand.Abyss remained at the edge of the hole. Mastermind lay in a crumpled heap a short distance away; he wasn't moving yet, but Abyss was prepared to react in the event that he did...

"We have reason to believe Silver is still alive, regardless of Mastermind's claims to the contrary. I sent part of myself down to poke around while you had him pre-occupied and found partially destroyed evidence showing Silver. But the images were recently taken and Mastermind claimed he was left for dead a month ago.... combined with the fact he tried to hide this evidence, it all suggests Silver is alive and Mastermind knows where. The damage prevents me from knowing exactly where the photos show him, only in an American city somewhere. If Mastermind dies then we lose our only remaining lead"Mastermind himself couldn't hear the conversation but wasn't going anywhere fast, breathing heavily and struggling to move anywhere. Exhaustion combined with injury had all but crippled him for the moment, but he still had enough fight in him to give Abyss a spiteful glare as he tried and failed to get back on his feet. Even attempting to form a psychic orb in his palm sputtered and faded away in a pathetic display, and he looked to be in enough pain that he wasn't able to fake weakness to catch them off gaurd. He'd pushed himself as far as he'd been able, failed, and now he had to suffer for it.

Edited by Transairion

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC(Fellwyd): The alien had had a number of rather unpleasant thoughts as the aquakinetic and psychic had left through the roof, leaving the assembled spectators to do what they did best - which, curiously, was not spectating, but rioting. The thoughts touched on the topic of advanced weapons technology, why it was a shame that he hadn't managed to recover anyone from the wrecked escape pod in Cardiff Bay, and why the absence of any particularly good weapons in his hands was likely to prove the key detail that determined whether he left the remains of the arena on his own two feet or in a cardboard box.This rather fatalistic train of thought was derailed by a crackling sound in the center of the arena, which Fellwyd had kept his back to as he kept an eye on the rioters, not-even-remotely daring them to come close enough for a fight. Turning about quickly, he saw that the pillar of water had solidified, with obvious handholds all the way up. With nothing more to do in the arena, the alien began the long climb to safety, scrambling up the icy pillar like a monkey.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: There are also rumors Hexas is an alien and the files are about Roswell, Omega thought. Out loud he said, "Okay, I know I sound totally 'conspiracy theorist' here, but hear me out: Say for a moment the files are about supersoldier research. Why would they tell us about that? I mean, you gotta figure they don't want people knowing they break their own laws. That kinda stuff gets folks mad. Especially us." He shrugged. "Either way, I'm not so sure snooping around for top-secret files is something superheroes ought to be doing. I mean, not in UN stuff."|H-D|NPC: Ultionis nodded and immediately began a sweep of the area. First thing to do was establish they were alone in this village. With that in mind he switched to thermal and began scanning the buildings for heat signatures. There were a few barrows where small animals had made their homes, but the adults had all run off when the signal went out. Other than that, there was nobody here he could see besides them. Still, he kept one hand on his gun. Maybe calling it a ghost town had gotten to him, but he didn't like the feel of this place...(H-D)NPC: Carapace was silent. The repairs were, of course, necessary, and nanoforge repair upgrades could only stand in their favor, but he wasn't so sure he wanted almost half the team coming in an hour after everyone else. And even with the coordinates, he couldn't send in help via teleportation without a good deal of visual evidence - enough that his teleporter didn't get himself stuck in a wall. No information about the installation could be found on any network he had access to, which was most of them, and satellite scanning would take too long, so everyone was going in blind. Going in at half strength was just another disadvantage. Eventually he told Gadgeteer, "I advise against splitting your forces, but we don't know how long it would take Hexas to find a new weapon or prepare for your arrival. The final decision is of course yours. Let me know if you need anything I can provide." Then he leaned back and waited to see if he could boost the odds in their favor. {H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetGadgeteer turned away from the group, disabling his audio emitters and broadcasting his speech directly to Carapace."I do not know how extensive your influence is - and I am not asking - but would it be too much to ask that you arrange for... additional aid for myself and Lone - engineers willing to work without question?"IC - Abyss @ Sonoran desertIt was a difficult task in her exhausted state, and in the dry desert air, but Abyss just about managed to pull together enough water molecules to freeze Mastermind's feet to the floor. She kept her distance, shouting over to him:"You're going nowhere, ugly. Epsilon seems to think that Silv isn't as dead as he seems and who am I to argue with a talking spaceship? So unless you want a repeat of what went on down below, you'd better elaborate..."

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Pacific Ocean)"Alright, well, then, I'll program those coordinates into the ship's computer, and then the two of you can..."Saosin's voice died away as he saw Gadgeteer had turned away from him; the Russian made no iota of acknowledgement at his Californian counterpart's words, so it was plausible that he had turned off his audio receptors. Was he sleeping again? He had just been talking seconds ago, so that was doubtful. Was he communicating with someone? That was much more likely: Tilian had first considered that conclusion before they even captured Romulus, and this felt like as good an example of proof as any. So the question was, who was managing the hero in the battle suit? The League? Would they have brought him, Saosin, along if they'd already had a planted operative as team leader? The Coalition? Doubtful; N-Ber was scared to death of any Coalition members after his defection, and he seemed to be working as well with Gadgeteer as any of them. Perhaps a third party, a businessman or intelligence operative who wanted Hexas out of the way for whatever reason? That one was plausible.Or, perhaps, whatever was pulling Hexas' strings was using Gadgeteer as a cleaner. That, too, was a valid possibility, and it was one that did nothing to assuage Tilian's nerves. He decided that later, when he and the team leader were away from the rest of the group, he would bring it up. Someone had to. Lives depended on Gadgeteer's ability to lead this team for just a few hours longer, and if he couldn't, or his orders were to deliberately lead the team astray, it would fall to him to take command. And he was prepared to do so.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

NPC: Carapace consulted a list of engineers who could get to the Hollywood sign quickly. "I can get you four men well-trained in engineering. They will emerge from hiding when the jet leaves. I can't promise they won't memorize anything you show them, but nothing will be stolen." Not that that antique he was wearing was worth protecting anyway. "I advise you wait until you're not needed to reply next time. The others are still talking. They might want your attention."{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetGadgeteer didn't respond, as per Carapace's advice. He turned back toward the group."I have sent a message to some engineer friends of mine. They will join Lone and I at his workshop. They do not know of our mission, they will simply be there to provide additional pairs of hands. They are completely trustworthy." This last bit was a bluff - Viktor had no way of knowing for certain, but he felt it needed to be said lest the others worry about more people getting involved in the mission.With effort he stifled a large yawn, then looked at Lone. "I hope you have coffee at your workshop. Lots of it..."

IC: (NPC - Doctor Om)"What you have to keep in mind is that the UN is the only - human - government entity that the League has allied itself with," Doctor Om explained patiently. "There is not a government in the world that would risk losing the only sway they have over the League by going behind our backs. If we broke ties with the UN, we'd be completely rogue, and there's not a thing anyone could do about it. The League holds that position of power over the UN, and they're not about to put us in a situation where we'll use it."Not to mention that it is far more likely that they would have denied the existence of Lockdown had it been something they didn't want us to know about. They didn't; they simply told the League that they would rather keep it confidential. When you think about it, word travels fast through the League; in a day, half the world could know about Lockdown if they let it slip to us."I am far more concerned about the fact that Lady Hexas knew anything about a project that even our most skilled techs can't find mention of in the most secure UN databases," he continued. "She had to have learned it from someone involved, but no one with clearance to relay the details to her, or she wouldn't have tried to ransom a city for it. And whenever there's foul play involved, things get messy."~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC: We are of course respecting their privacy by hacking their secure databases, Omega through, but he chose not to comment on that one. "Could also be Hexas is just a pawn in someone else's game. I mean, it's a talking shark. In a mech. How exactly did that happen? I doubt she built it herself. Unless she's like those sharkmen the Coalition uses. You don't think that's related, do you?"|H-D|

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth

IC: "Oh, Silver never truly left this world.... something you'd probably already know if you bothered to look hard enough for him. He still exists, that much is certain, and I know where he is.... but you won't like what you find. You may be better off not tracking him down at all.... meeting with him will bring you nothing but pain" Mastermind chuckled, prying at the ice around his feet in vain: triple-digited hands were not something that could beat frozen water."So yes, I know exactly where he is. But the real question for you is whether you'll suffer more knowing, or not knowing...""Good enough for me: Grab him" Esp suggested, uneasily landing on the desert sand to allow her passengers and would-be-hostage to board. Abyss probably didn't have in it her to cart the unwilling Mastermind around, but Fellwyd would probably be more than happy to once he climbed up to the surface. And if Mastermind's head was banged on the doorway as Fellwyd dragged him aboard, it surely had nothing to do with settling scores. Surely.

breakdown_signature.jpg

IC(Fellwyd): After rather more time than it took for Mastermind and Abyss to reach the top of the chamber and exit through the hole in the roof, the alien finished climbing the ice pillar, and scrambled up onto the surface, just in time to hear the end of the exchange between the ship, the psychic, and the aquakinetic. Taking a moment to recover from the long climb, Fellwyd stood up and hoisted Mastermind over one shoulder, taking no particular care to ensure the deformed psychic's comfort.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Think you could boost the bio up for Alpha and Malus there, Sylar? I'm not the strictest of GMs but c'mon, two sentences?Could you define the limits of 'Red Energy' better? Are we just talking Red Lantern here, where its solid light constructions formed of your imagination? Does he have to keep focusing to keep them maintained or are they permanent once they're solid

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC - Abyss @ Superbeing Smackdown"Hey, wait there lizard boy, since when were you and Esp acquainted?" Despite her phrasing Abyss didn't attempt to stop Fellwyd, she merely followed him up Esp's boarding ramp and into the interior of the craft. "I appreciate your helping me down in the arena, but I thought you were just some bystander who had his own bone to pick with that three-toed abortion."IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ ForestX-Calibur reached the old well. Its stone walls were intact but whatever mechanism the villagers had used to hoist water out of it was nowhere to be seen. He peered down into its depths; they were of course filled with darkness, but luckily he had a remedy for that. Aiming his wrist-device towards the hole, he pressed a switch and a powerful ray of light began emanating from it. He could now see the dank, slimy walls of the well, extending down for dozens of feet. He tilted the beam so as to examine every surface; the well appeared innocent, but so far that had been the appearance of every part of the forest - and subtle defense - they had encountered thus far...

Edited by Kumata

Still want those profiles beefed up Sylar. What, exactly, is Alpha trying to be free from by not joining the League? You say he wants help but he won't go to the largest crime-fighting organisation on the planet? Is this a pride thing? Does he occasionally kill (which would also explain the negative publicity)?And for malus, what was he a professor of? Was he studying Red Energy? If he, like any bully, prefers picking on people weaker than him why is he going after superheroes? Wouldn't normal people be a better target?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Skyra - Forrest -Skyra kept himself light on his feet, quite literally, creating cushions of air under his boots, he made absolutely no sound whatsoever, he could practically sneak up on anyone. He came across what appeared to be the workshop of a blacksmith. He slowly creep up to it. The entrance lacked a door so he just let himself in. Inside he found a forge, though it was perfectly clear of anything, it was just an empty room save for the furnace which was creating a nice warm....Wait...why is the furnace on?Skyra didn't even have time to yelp as he pushed himself out of the forge through the window, seconds later fire came bursting out of every open space in the structure. The others most likely heard the commotion.

Edited by King Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Well, the group is just flying over the Pacific Ocean right now, about to move in on a place that is apparently Hexas's base of operations. If you want, you could have your characters - can't remember who stuck around and who didn't - join the team Saosin is leading in while Gadgeteer and Lone repair and upgrade their armors.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

There's nothing about Malus being a professor
Meant this
Alex is 45 years old, he was originally a scientist
I thought saying he was "free" from them was enough, but what I meant was that Alpha doesn't want to work for them because of his morals
The problem is you never say free from what. The League isn't a military organisation that requires you to go where it tells you or take tours of duty. And his morals of stopping villains seemed to be similar to their morals of stopping villains since you never mention the killing (and still haven't). So it looks like he's not joining up because he's just arrogant

7AOYGDJ.jpg

:kaukau: OOC: Lemme see, if I can remember the last thing I was writing about, I might be able to create an explanation...IC: (Ivan and Ike)Ivan woke up on a cold floor. The last thing he remembered he was in a plane. What had just happened? Knowing right away that something was wrong, he snapped himself to his feet and took deep breaths to get his blood flowing. The room was dark and lit by one lamp hanging far above his head. The slick, smooth floor was made of concrete. Why did he get the feeling he was in some sort of bunker? He looked to his side and saw Icarus and Idel unconscious on the floor. How did they get here, and where was Ike?OOC: Nothing much else is coming to my mind at the moment. I think I'll just take this time to ease my characters into a story as it comes and gradually return to the world.
olympic_rings_icon.png

IC: (Loadstone)Sugar Rush had broken off from the others, eyes sweeping the area for anything peculiar. She felt inexplicably drawn to the ruined foundation of what had once been a large building, perhaps because it harbored one of the only trees to be found in the clearing. Had it been anywhere else, it would have looked completely natural, but growing out of the center of a bed of rock had a suspicious air to it.As she approached the tree, a faint buzzing assailed her ears. Frowning, she stepped closer to the tree, and found an egg-sized insect clinging to the tree's bark, rattling its wings over its glowing carapace. A carapace that looked far too metallic...After only a brief moment of hesitation, Sugar Rush raised an arm and shot a blast of energy at the beetle. It exploded with a high-pitched whine, and in the scorched marking on the trunk of the tree, mechanical gears and equipment ground to a halt."I think I just disabled the signal!" she called out to the others...IC: (NPC - Doctor Om)"Perhaps," Doctor Om replied. "I have given much thought to whether or not Hexas was merely a distraction to throw the League off of Danielle Thomas' trail. Only time will tell, but I am certain, however, that Hexas is part of a much larger scheme. As you said, a shark does not merely acquire the technology to build itself a suit of battle armor, nor am I aware of any shark that is naturally that intelligent. I know that we sent inquiries to the Atlanteans over that matter, but I haven't heard what the results were."Assuming Hexas is working for an anonymous benefactor, the question becomes not what Hexas wants with Operation Lockdown, but what that person wants with..."Without warning, Doctor Om froze in mid sentence, arms falling slack at his sides, mouth moving silently, brow deeply furrowed. Almost subconsciously he turned and leaned against a nearby wall, hand reaching up toward his temple in an almost universal display of powers exhibiting a psychic nature. At this point it seemed that he was completely oblivious to everyone and everything around him...OOC: Yeah, I'm finally getting around to that plot I promised you. :P~ Rumpelstiltskin

IC: Omega seemed unconcerned. Apparently he'd either seen this before or had just been at this long enough that these things no longer surprised him. He did wave a hand in front of Doctor Om's face just to check. Yep. Completely stuck in his trance. "Check it out," he said, grinning, to Omega Prime. "Think he can hear us?" He seemed to stop and think for a moment. "You wouldn't happen to have a marker on you, would you?"|H-D|NPC: Ultionis vaguely heard something about the signal, but it was lost in the sudden roar of an explosion nearby. He turned around immediately to see fire bursting out of a building and Skyra laying on the grass. He didn't appear to be injured, but Ultionis dashed toward him anyway. The fire was coming out in jets through the door, windows and cracks in the walls, meaning it wasn't too hard to avoid being burned, but even so the heat alone was sweltering. His forest camo armor wasn't really as thermal-resistant as it should be. Once he was close enough the soldier ducked down and grabbed Skyra's arm, dragging him out from under the window.It seemed the flames hadn't touched him, but just being that close to that kind of heat was not healthy. He lay the hero on his back and put a palm on his forehead, not so much to check his temperature as to cool it. The metal on that hand was still chilly. "You okay?" He asked.(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth