Bionicle Fighter: Broken Virtues

Katuko

Sorry for the late post, I have become sick and that really puts a few dents in things...

In any least, here's what I've made so far.

lifebars_by_tattorack-d7df1wf.png

I intended to have more but like I said, I became sick...

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

I've been thinking that the top-left corner of the screen will have the essential character health and energy levels:- Health bar- Main elemental energy bar- Kanohi/special energy barThe air and temperature bars would be separate. They could be either horizontal or vertical, I imagine, and fade in top-center or center-left when needed. Potentially I'd even just remove the temperature bar and use a small "it's getting hot/cold" type of icon instead.The lower-left will have equipment stats. A somewhat slim frame containing space for a weapon icon plus its current stats (as in, durability and charge/ammo level) would work nicely. Armor would show durability plus maybe its damage threshold as a simple number. I'm not certain about Kanohi, but I'm thinking that while an icon might appear next to the energy bar, their durability etc. should be kept along with the other equipment boxes. Mockups:Box testingIn an actual HUD settingThe resolution of each could probably be done in at least two sizes; one for smaller screens and one for bigger ones. The current health bar is roughly 200 pixels wide without the icon, while the larger bar is about 300. The weapon bars have been roughly 100 pixels. Still, if it looks good and is not too intrusive, it will probably work.EDIT: I dunno about Halo weapons. I am stretching it a bit already by possibly including elemental blaster weapons, and I try to avoid using items from other games directly.

. I definetly like how you're using Chimoru R in the HUD, however as I believe a few followers of this topic have already told you; it's a very underdeveloped kit mask-wise. I can sprite some, as well as accumulate the others not featured in the actual kit.

I like this style. Still a lot to decide on exactly how to place the bars and such, but it piques my interest.

I definetly like how you're using Chimoru R in the HUD, however as I believe a few followers of this topic have already told you; it's a very underdeveloped kit mask-wise. I can sprite some, as well as accumulate the others not featured in the actual kit.

I noticed. If I find a more complete kit in the right style, I might use that instead; or I could wait for others to help me sprite masks. In the meantime I wouldn't have any problem with placeholders.

I like this style. Still a lot to decide on exactly how to place the bars and such, but it piques my interest.

I definetly like how you're using Chimoru R in the HUD, however as I believe a few followers of this topic have already told you; it's a very underdeveloped kit mask-wise. I can sprite some, as well as accumulate the others not featured in the actual kit.

I noticed. If I find a more complete kit in the right style, I might use that instead; or I could wait for others to help me sprite masks. In the meantime I wouldn't have any problem with placeholders.[/quoteI don't know. There aren't to many complete accurate kits out there as small and simultaneously accurate as Chimoru R other than Rayg and DSS.
Edited by Damaracx The Mad Scientist

Oh! I forgot to mention, I left the hexagon blank so anything can be placed in it (like the kanohi power symbol or the life symbol).

Also, the dark empty area is to put in the hp value of the bar (since you said you planned on adding that somehow).

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Oh! I forgot to mention, I left the hexagon blank so anything can be placed in it (like the kanohi power symbol or the life symbol).

Also, the dark empty area is to put in the hp value of the bar (since you said you planned on adding that somehow).

I concur with Mal, the third is probably my favorite.

I concur with Mal, the third is probably my favorite.

I second the motion! :gavel:

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Hey guys, here's some Gravity weapons (and a shield) that I made using the Gravity Hammer from the RayG Halo kit. The lime green areas on the weapons represents the character's glow color.

That links back to the original halo weapons.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Hey guys, here's some Gravity weapons (and a shield) that I made using the Gravity Hammer from the RayG Halo kit. The lime green areas on the weapons represents the character's glow color.

Whoopsie :bored:

Here's the correct link

That looks pretty legit bro.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Whoopsie :bored:

Here's the correct link

Wow. Those are really cool. Gotta download them.

painbrush.

"Ever heard of paintball? Just remove the t."

Looking good. :) Maybe some tiny changes to be made as far as as shading goes, but the shapes are good. I wonder a bit about the size, but I know some people would like to carry oversized weapons anyways, so... :P Having more hammers and shields is nice too, as the number of styles I have for them is currently far outnumbered by the number of swords.

Regarding sprites, here are some I recently made.

rhotuka_shield_animated.gifrhotuka_shield_equipped.png

rhotuka_shield_strip8.png

I'm pretty satisfied with the shield, especially since those rotated angles were pretty hard to do. The design is asymmetrical and has gaps in it. If you're wondering, I have no idea what the inside is supposed to look like. I never got a Rhotuka set piece to study, and the images I found online didn't show the back of it. I might add some details to it if any of you have a images of different angles of the shield that I can study.

scythes_wip.png

With the exception of the one to the far left, these scythes were just the result of sticking other blade sprites on top of a stick. The first one was made for a friend of mine. That's also why it's currently white and red instead of the standard black and blank metal coloring I usually use for weapon sprites.

As always, these sprites are free to use for anyone.

rhotuka_shield_animated.gifrhotuka_shield_equipped.png

rhotuka_shield_strip8.png

I'm pretty satisfied with the shield, especially since those rotated angles were pretty hard to do. The design is asymmetrical and has gaps in it. If you're wondering, I have no idea what the inside is supposed to look like. I never got a Rhotuka set piece to study, and the images I found online didn't show the back of it. I might add some details to it if any of you have a images of different angles of the shield that I can study.

If I remember correctly, the back looks almost just like the front. Not sure though, and I'd rather not go through all my boxes right now.

painbrush.

"Ever heard of paintball? Just remove the t."

Looking good. :) Maybe some tiny changes to be made as far as as shading goes, but the shapes are good. I wonder a bit about the size, but I know some people would like to carry oversized weapons anyways, so... :P Having more hammers and shields is nice too, as the number of styles I have for them is currently far outnumbered by the number of swords.Regarding sprites, here are some I recently made.rhotuka_shield_animated.gifrhotuka_shield_equipped.pngrhotuka_shield_strip8.pngI'm pretty satisfied with the shield, especially since those rotated angles were pretty hard to do. The design is asymmetrical and has gaps in it. If you're wondering, I have no idea what the inside is supposed to look like. I never got a Rhotuka set piece to study, and the images I found online didn't show the back of it. I might add some details to it if any of you have a images of different angles of the shield that I can study.scythes_wip.pngWith the exception of the one to the far left, these scythes were just the result of sticking other blade sprites on top of a stick. The first one was made for a friend of mine. That's also why it's currently white and red instead of the standard black and blank metal coloring I usually use for weapon sprites.As always, these sprites are free to use for anyone.
The Rhotuka shield looks good. I have one, so I could post pics of the back side. I sprited a scythe earlier. I'll try to post it at some point.

I like the Rhotuka shield, very nice. In the game, will it actually fire a spinner?

Also, maybe you should add Iruini's spear to the game. It could create a horizontal tornado!

On that note, add the other Toa Hagah's spear. I forgot his name, but I think it's supposed to shoot magma or something.

I like the Rhotuka shield, very nice. In the game, will it actually fire a spinner?

Also, maybe you should add Iruini's spear to the game. It could create a horizontal tornado!

On that note, add the other Toa Hagah's spear. I forgot his name, but I think it's supposed to shoot magma or something.

Toa Hagah Norik, I believe. Also, that is already in the Rayg kit.

Yeah, that's his name. Also, not everything in the Rayg kit is in the game. Actually, nevermind, probably everything is, but not everything has a use.

Yeah, that's his name. Also, not everything in the Rayg kit is in the game. Actually, nevermind, probably everything is, but not everything has a use.

I don't know, having a cyclone spear seems a little OP for me, at least if the tornado has the same throwback ability as a normal Toa of Air. And lava too, unless it's a lot more weaker version of the lava that's in Ta-Koro, and doesn't do as much damage.

Formerly Iron_Man5

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood your statement. Yeah, I would like to shoot lava at people. XD

Yes, the shield is planned to be able to fire a spinner with a certain cooldown time between each shot. I imagine you would fire the spinner by keeping the block button pressed and then pressing your Weapon Power activation key. If that ends up interfering too much with the controls for regular weapon powers, you might need to double-tap block or something to fire Rhotuka.

Torando power would work like other weapon powers do at the moment.

Lava could be a thing as well. :)

Actually, nevermind, probably everything is, but not everything has a use.

There's actually a lot of things that are not in-game at all. :)

I don't know, having a cyclone spear seems a little OP for me, at least if the tornado has the same throwback ability as a normal Toa of Air. And lava too, unless it's a lot more weaker version of the lava that's in Ta-Koro, and doesn't do as much damage.

I can tweak the size and strength of pretty much any given effect, so don't worry. A Tornado Spear would only fire a small tornado with much less force behind it.
  • Upvote 1

I may be asking for a bit too much, but would custom weapons be possible? Like giving the player the choice to create their own weapon? With custom effects? Like explosions? And fiery stuff?

I may be asking for a bit too much, but would custom weapons be possible? Like giving the player the choice to create their own weapon? With custom effects? Like explosions? And fiery stuff?

It is technically possible for me to allow sprites to be mashed together and saved as a custom blade (for example), and to allow players to use some menus and sliders to set an effect for the weapon. In practice, though, it is too much trouble to be worth it, honestly, when the game already has hundreds of things left to program and balance.

It is technically possible for me to allow sprites to be mashed together and saved as a custom blade (for example), and to allow players to use some menus and sliders to set an effect for the weapon. In practice, though, it is too much trouble to be worth it, honestly, when the game already has hundreds of things left to program and balance.

Maybe a more primitive version of this can be used as a Vortixx ability or something?

Would other shields have an attack as well? Maybe something like a shove like in skyrim, or just blocking?

Just out of curiosity really. It probably won't make a difference because weapons would logically be more effective anyway.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Maybe a more primitive version of this can be used as a Vortixx ability or something?

If you have specific gameplay mechanics in mind, I'd be glad to hear them. :) Otherwise I have enough to do with re-balancing other powers, really, I'm sorry.

Would other shields have an attack as well? Maybe something like a shove like in skyrim, or just blocking?

The shields with abilities would likely have their ups and downs. For example, the Rhotuka shield would likely be one of the shields that are heavy enough to make you a bit sluggish in using it. Tahu's spinning blade shield may have a slight projectile and/or contact damage feature, but although it would be quick to use it would also require a very brief spin-up time before it reaches full efficiency (and would maybe just have 75% damage resistance before it does, compared to normal shields and their 100%).

If you have specific gameplay mechanics in mind, I'd be glad to hear them. :) Otherwise I have enough to do with re-balancing other powers, really, I'm sorry.

The shields with abilities would likely have their ups and downs. For example, the Rhotuka shield would likely be one of the shields that are heavy enough to make you a bit sluggish in using it. Tahu's spinning blade shield may have a slight projectile and/or contact damage feature, but although it would be quick to use it would also require a very brief spin-up time before it reaches full efficiency (and would maybe just have 75% damage resistance before it does, compared to normal shields and their 100%).

Maybe you could add a skrall shield that if enemies get close, takes damage when "blocking"? :) Or did you state that you're not planning on adding Glatorian elements?

Edited by Iron_Man5

Formerly Iron_Man5

Maybe you could add a skrall shield that if enemies get close, takes damage when "blocking"? :) Or did you state that you're not planning on adding Glatorian elements?
He has said that he won't include anything from the Glatorian line. Though it still would be cool...