Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan smirked at Vertak's comments, but otherwise kept an emotionless face.What's with him, though? Something seems off. Zaydan thought, but didn't let that show."He does have a point." Zaydan said, as she took a step forward, not afraid. The real problem was; she didn't know how to handle this situation. She paused however, and then smirked, as she shook her head, and snapped her fingers, her armour reforming to be more like armour."You think you're so special, when the sad thing is, you have to rely on something for all your power. What if you didn't have that power? Would you still think you could just slice buildings in half?" Zaydan asked, taking a chance with the taunt.

IC: Calik Raktu - Day RunTraxin and Greel's sudden arrivals put a grimace on Calik's face. While powerful, Ion Thrusts could only take so much stress at once before they overloaded. And if they overloaded, the Ragnorak was toast, its inner workings burnt to a delicate crisp by the ensuing power surge.Lamenting his no-win scenario, Calik sadly pulled back on the throttle, slowing the vehicle down somewhat. Not enough to lose badly, but enough that Traxin and Greel could manage to pull out in front of him.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Barrens):Traxin grinned upon seeing this out of the corner of his eye, slowing down ever so slightly, allowing him to sigh in relief knowing that the chance of total obliteration was lowered just that little bit. This would probably allow Greel to take the lead, but he was ahead of Calik now, fortunately.Day Run was drawing closer, and he would have to start slowing down soon to prevent a sudden stop and possible crash.

IC: Srizz glanced up at the sky, then back down at the others. This boat was not very fast. On his hoverbike it hadn't taken him too long to get here, but an old thing like this? Hardly any tech worth commenting on? Could be a while. So he decided to inquire as to their estimated time of arrival in the most polite way he knew how: "Are we there yet?"-=H-D=-

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC - Lyxek/Lyccir - South District: For a moment, Lyxek said nothing, merely staring at Zaydan, Slate, and Vertak. Then he took a step forward, his hand twitching once. Three cards shot forward, virtually invisible at the speed they were moving. Three cuts appeared on Zaydan's face and neck--none of them fatal, all of them appearing in less than a second. In a heartbeat, Lyxek was holding three bloodstained cards, staring with partially-closed eyes at the group in front of him. "As a matter of fact I would, girl, especially since you're all making a gravely mistaken assumption here.""Don't," Lyccir said sharply and quietly to the other three, prompting a slight smirk from Lyxek. "The Heart may protect him, but it doesn't give him additional power. You aren't witnessing the abilities of a god.""Good to see your memory is intact," Lyxek said. He turned the cards over in his hand. "Consider who you all are talking to for a moment." He held his arm up, gesturing to the surrounding area. "Who caused all of this? Who built the Ring? Who, in less than a week, has turned his island completely on its head, and in doing so has virtually proven the legends being told to the universe's young every single day?" He pointed to himself, a lazily smug expression on his face. "This guy. So think on that the next time you want to tell me that I'm second-rate."Lyccir had to suppress a grimace at this. Lyxek truly had become a force to be reckoned with in the centuries since... well, the first war. The aura he was sensing was almost sickening in its strength..."Now where was I?" the Ringmaster said. "Ah yeah. Those keys. Since you seem to know about my friend already--" He cast another look at Lyccir. "--unsurprisingly--I won't bother answering that question. So hand them over--I'd rather avoid killing you all before you get a chance to see the show I'm putting on... Well, most of you." Lyxek's expression seemed to darken slightly. "Or am I going to have to take them by force?"Where do you need to go? Rhindon responded, the sword's tone slightly nervous.IC - Kovian - Boat: "We won't be for a few days," Kovian said. "It'd be quicker if the Shadowed One hadn't insisted on giving us additional time to rest and prepared or whatever during the trip." He shrugged.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan frowned, the power of Lyxek more than she expected. However, she didn't move, and didn't say anything, but instead slightly smirked."Do you really think we'd have the keys on hand?" Zaydan asked, as she raised an eyebrow skeptically."Even if we did have them... We wouldn't hand them over to someone like you. You're too power-hungry; and even if this 'Heart' only protects you... You'd be overwhelmed by the greed of it's true powers when you did get them. So no, I'm not going to let you take them, by force or otherwise." Zaydan said, a grim look on her face, as her mask glowed slightly, and she gripped her sword with both hands."I will make sure of that!"OOC: Paragon, that'd be your cue to get the Karzahni out of here, with Vertak. =P I kinda want to have my other character join in(Since Kairan's out of the fight and all), but, I doubt there'll be enough time for that. =/

IC: Vertak, South District:Team... Zero Base... Vertak thought sluggishly. Only matter of time... 'fore I... go foggy...As Zaydan spoke, Vertak grimaced slightly as he found his muscles beginning to fight against movement. He resorted to simply placing his hand on her arm in a warning gesture."Don't... do it." he told her. "Need... everyone for... later...."IC: Djoser, South District:"Oh, I'm sorry Vertak." Djoser chuckled. "Did my knife, ah, catch you by accident? Can you feel the poison creeping through you? You do appear to be rather sluggish. I think you might need some... emergency first aid. Unfortunately for you, I happen to have not brought any of the antidote... give Lyxek the Keys, and if he permits, maybe I'll let you crawl away to wherever you have the antidote stored."IC: Vertak, South District:Vertak ignored Djoser, removing his hand from Zaydan and reaching into his cloak, activating the remote for the Tumbler."Tumbler... Kiyara Labs..." he ordered. -ibrow

-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan growled, and instinctively sent a fragment of the iron she used as her armour at Djoser like a throwing knife."There is no later if we don't make any sort of stand now..." Zaydan calmly replied to Vertak, keeping it as low as possible, even if Lyxek could probably hear them anyway.

-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-"I know." Zaydan said, as she kept her eye on Lyxek."However, to do that, somehow, we'll have to sacrifice something... And right now, I don't know what's really more important, me, or anything else."

Edited by Blade: Sodium Hypochlorite

IC: Djoser, South District:Djoser picked himself up off the ground painfully, leaving the piece of metal stuck in his left shoulder and glaring at Zaydan."Normally under these circumstances I would say that you are more important than the universe," he began, "But by all means, go all suicidal and die. It'll be fine by me."

-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan looked at Djoser, startled."I..." Zaydan said, as she frowned for a moment."Sorry about the shoulder..." Zaydan said awkwardly, as she looked back at Lyxek.... Maybe I have caused too much pain... Zaydan thought, as she sighed, and continued to focus on the Toa of Sonics standing in front of them.

IC: Djoser, South District:It was then that Djoser noticed that Vertak, Zaydan, Lyccir, and Slate had all conveniently turned their backs on him to face Lyxek. He suppressed a chuckled and created a rather large spear of ice in his right hand. Deciding that Lyxek would probably want Lyccir and that Vertak might be better alive for the time being (and since Slate had not yet done anything to make him too mad), he threw the spear at Zaydan's back.-ibrow

OOC: I thought Djoser was to the side?-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan opened her mouth in shock, as she fell to the ground, not having known about the ice spear until it was too late. It pierced through her lower torso, luckily missing most important points, but was still enough to force her to her knees, partially because of the surprise attack.Wha... Was all that Zaydan could think, as not even her mask could have helped there.OOC: Since it was an attack from behind, I'll give you that one, though the Calix probably would've helped out otherwise. =P

OOC: I thought he was behind them. :P Oops. Well, he'd already lost use of his left arm, if that helps.IC: Djoser, South District:Djoser laughed for about eight seconds before Vertak realized what had happened and sent him hurtling into the air in a supreme lack of gravity. Fortuantely for Djoser, twelve feet up the poison must've struck at Vertak again, because he fell to land on his left leg, which immiately spiked with pain."I'm going to kill you Vertak..." Djoser muttered, grimacing.

IC / Day Run / Registration Office:“Oh-kay then, thanks,” Swerv said, nodding to her and turning away. He looked at Elithes and shrugged, “Guess we’ll have to go a little bit higher to find out. Or, wait, isn’t information like that posted in the Lounge? But if Registration Lady doesn’t know, then why would the board know?”Swerv walked over to Elithes and Marx and looked out the windows to see if Draxion had gotten the food yet.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

OOC: Eh. =P-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan panted, as she just stayed in the same spot.I need to get up... I have to fight... Zaydan thought, but unfortunately, the pain from the spear was a little too much for the moment, and she just couldn't stand up. She did keep her eye on Lyxek, though, no matter how little good that did.

IC - Lyxek/Lyccir - South District: "You people obviously haven't been listening if you still think I intend to kill you," Lyxek said, seeming to ignore the attack on Zaydan. "I know you have the Eyes, that you can't deny--it's true. Hand them and the Turaga over to me, and the rest shall all go free." He began to absentmindedly play his guitar, his words matching the beat of the song he had started. The Ringmaster's eyes continued to search the group, carefully sizing each of them up.Still too close to my fellow keys; hand them off, split us up--or we'll all fall to our knees, Rhindon answered.Lyxek smiled lazily. The sounds around the group seemed to amplify, multiplying and joining into a single chorus of sounds, creating a rhythmic beat all around. The Ringmaster continued to play, the music seeming to act as a spell, drawing everyone into the chorus."Excuse me if these lyrics aren't strong--see, I'm making them as I go along..." He smiled a genuine smile."I can see the damage that I've done," Lyxek sang, his voice smooth, flowing, a surprisingly soft voice for such a destructive being."I know--you want me to be gone. But I... have just begun.I will not be... undone." He stepped forward, eyes cold as he breathed the word."Times are changing in leaps and bounds,so give 'em up and turn around.The time will come when you will seethe fallacy in fighting me."The Turaga gripped his staff tightly. With surprising speed, he moved between Lyxek and the rest of the group, his gaze matching Lyxek's in intensity."Stop and think for just a time,and look upon your master's kind. Recall the choices, theirs and mine--what madness strikes and makes you blind?" Lyccir took a step forward."These things you seek beget destruction--please turn aside, embrace construction!"Lyxek laughed as a sonic slap struck the ground, sending a burst of snow at the Turaga."Why build up what must come down,when I can simply wear the crown?History will soon bear my mark--so give it up; embrace the dark!" The Toa of Sonics closed his eyes for a moment, slowing down the music."Why waste my time with words of warningwhen soon your dusk will be my morning?I know its power and see its light--and let me tell ya, it burns bright."You want me to be gone,but I have just begun.Times are changing in leaps and bounds,so give 'em up and turn around."OOC: I bet noone saw this coming. :P

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: The BarrensKnowing that the mask Key was secured and out of reach of Lyxek, Hexxon decided that the Eyes on Kia island could be worried about later. The only other piece of information that interested him was the part with the Director, which would bring them right into her knowledge of the KNPD."So, what do you know of the KNPD in all this? And are you aware of why the Director wants these alternate Lyxeks?" Hexxon asked.IC: The Barrens/Near Day Run Greel watched as Calik slowed until both him and Traxin were in front, and he was in the lead. Just a bio or two away were the buildings of the Day Run, and going at full power would surely bring victory. Rocky's eyes were fixed on the point ahead, while Greel's were on his opponents.Neither seemed concerned that they might crash into one of the nearby structures at this speed, or how drained the Rock Lion would be after the race. He just ran...

IC: South District"So you saying Sonics Toa are expectional. You see I have died three times already. Twice during surgery and once in battle. Of course I got the last laugh then. And you know who reaped both a Makuta and mutiple tyrants? That's right me."All this time Slate had been taking mental notes on everything Lyxek had said and done.His harsh yellow eyes never broke eye contact with Lyxek and his posture offered not even the suggestion of fear.If only my brother was still alive. This guy would be headless now. thought Slate."You have no need of Lyccir. And I don't negotiate with criminals." His eyes darkened as his rage grew. His sickle's blade glowed a soft yellow as the air started to buzz with a dreadful high pitched noise.OOC: If I have not said it yet. Slate has a major problem with authority.

Edited by paragon

-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan, although she couldn't do much, looked over at Slate, wondering what he was doing.We can't fight... You're the only one who's really injured, aside from Lyccir, who is doing remarkably well... Zaydan thought, mostly just to muse the thought over.

IC: Vertak, South District:"Nonononono...." Vertak muttered, shaking his head and clutching it with his hands. "Not gonna... win me over...."He forced his muscles to obey as he grabbed his dagger and threw with with startling accuracy at Lyxek's mouth, trying to make the music stop for a few seconds.Rhindon... can we... get away on foot...?At the moment, Vertak wasn't in the shape to try, but if he could stop that song for even a few seconds... maybe... then again...."Stop... listening..." Vertak mumbled, pressing his hands to his head again to try and block the song.

OOC: Blade, what do you mean Slate is injured?IC: South DistrictHe assumed his noise he generated was not negating Lyxek's music's affects and so he stopped it. And the after hearing Vertak's cries for help he covered him in a field of silence. Maybe that will help... , he thought.

OOC: Oops, typo there. Meant not injured. >>'-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-Zaydan panted, as she winced.We need to get out of here somehow... But... It doesn't seem possible... Zaydan thought, annoyed at the futility of this situation.

OOC: How ever will you get away with so much... nothing around to block you from escaping...? :PIC - Kerid - Near the Day Run: "That's been a subject of debate," Kerid answered. "Khazra claimed that the Director had some sort of plan to utilize the alternate Lyxeks against Lyxek, but we never found out what that plan was. Considering how much he seems to want to kill him, though, it almost seems to me that whoever built the Director intended for him to be as determined as possible to stop Lyxek without actually being able to--a directorial inhibitor of sorts, which would make it impossible for the AI to ever complete its programming. As far as we can tell, that's all the KNPD seems to have been intended for: A source of opposition against Lyxek that would result in a number of deaths, as the Constructs--and presumably whatever else Lyxek plans to use, including the Heart--are known to use the literal souls of the dead as energy sources."IC - Lyxek/Lyccir - South District: You tell me, the sword answered as the dagger seemed to ricochet off of an invisible barrier. There's nothing but debris blocking you--the street behind us is clear. There are very few physical barriers around...In response, Lyxek modified the song, switching his beat and rhythm."You disregard the truth and now cast awayThe offer of my hand... of unity.Steadfast in beliefs, you stick to your ways.Fighting for your cause, you say,'A Toa on my own, I'm in over my head.I'm feigning all my power... and my fate.I'm lying to myself, about things that could be.I'm building my own doom... my ending.'But if the truth be told, then you are all wrong,For I have seen the truth, reality.The rhythm of destruction, the number of deaths,the building of the throne... I have.And if you tell me that this is not so,The highest truth in time... you'll know.History repeats, the heart now beats again...and here to see it twice... your 'friend.'The one who once began this same event,who sacrificed this land, right here.'A Toa on his own, in over his head.'Introducing now--Lyccir."Just like that, the music stopped, throwing the area in complete, unnerving silence, the rush of quiet disorienting in its swiftness. Lyxek's narrowed eyes were set directly upon the Turaga, who had also gone silent with the ending of the song. The Ringmaster pointed directly at him."You say you won't work with criminals, and yet here you are," he said. "This Turaga was the first being to activate the Heart. He was the first being to initiate the revival of a Higher Being, the original instigator of the KNPD-Ring War, and the destroyer of the original Kai-Nam. Turaga Lyccir, everybody--the original Ringmaster."Lyccir didn't respond, his hand seeming to tighten around his staff at this. He didn't look at anyone but Lyxek, holding the Toa's glare."Go."OOC: For the appropriate beat--Woodkid, "Iron."Also that was fun. Difficult, but fun. :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Well, for Zaydan at least, I meant that she can't move, due to a spear made out of ice that stabbed her a few posts back. =P-==IC: Zaydan//South District==-It took a few moments for the meaning of Lyxek's words to dawn on hey, but Zaydan's eyes widened, as she glanced over to the Turaga in shock. Though, whether it was just shock from that, or also from the fact that she was heavily injured, that was a different question.Him...? But... Could it... be true...?

IC: Vertak, South District:"He was... helping us to stop you, Lyxek...." Vertak croaked, stumbling back in a daze. He was not dazed due to the revelation, for he'd suspected that Lyccir had to have some history with the Ring to know so much. Rather, he was in a daze because his mind was fogging up from the poison. So he obeyed the Turaga and shoved Djoser out of the way as he continued to back up, putting as much distance as possible between him and Lyxek.

OOC: Wow that song/poem is brilliant.IC: South District"How dare you. You foul monsters." bellowed Slate. His sonic powers amplifing the rage and hatred.He glared at both Lyxek and Lyccir. His eyes slowly becoming jet black.You see this body is artifical. He has had two others or four if you want to be nitpicky four. This body was a copy of a normal Toa body but it had a secret. He was injected with a substance made from antidermis, Hordika venom and synthesized energized protodermis. This gave him resistances to two of the the three substances among other abnormal traits.And this substance caused a chain reaction when around adrenaline that turned his blood temporarily jet black. And by extension any blood rich organs like his eyes and skin. And if you took of his armor during an event such as this you would be able to see any veins and arteries would be jet black looking and and his normally grey skin would have jet black patchesBut none of this matters really because it was just a body and Slate seemed to burn thru them faster than most."Criminal leaders, starting war and revival of higher beings your crimes are evident. I should drag you both to the Pit myself. But I won't..."He looked into the sky as if he saw something and said, "If you can resurrect someone then maybe so can I."He turned away as a single tear rolled down his cheek."Farewell. May the sky not fall on you and the ground not devour your feet." A costumary goodbye from his home island down in the south be it friend or foe.As he walked away he did to care if Vertak or Zaydan would follow. He only wanted to get away from the fithy criminals.

OOC: Why, thank you, Paragon! It took me almost an hour to think of that entire song. ^_^Blade: Either way. :PIC - Lyxek/Lyccir/Rhindon - South District: "Hey, I'm not done with you--" Lyxek started to say as he began walking forward, only for a sudden burst of plasma--far stronger than what should have been possible for a Turaga--to erupt around him, the force of the blast against his personal shield knocking him back a step. The Toa of Sonics lowered his arms from his face, eyes narrowed as he looked at Lyccir, whose expression had become oddly calm. "You think you can stop me, old man?""No," Lyccir admitted. "But I can slow you down." He twitched his hand as a sonic blade shot at him, his staff deflecting the attack into the air. Lyxek raised an eyebrow at this, smiling slightly. The Turaga looked at Zaydan, nodded slightly, and then tapped his staff on the ground. A solid wall of plasma-like fire erupted between the two Ringmasters and the others, blocking them from each others' sight.Not a moment later, a large plume of dust shot into the air, visible over the top of the wall.Vertak, Rhindon said. Either hand the Eyes off to Zaydan so that we can teleport, or call Zanth and Suya--they can help deal with Djoser and they won't be stopped by the Eyes' influence. As the sword mentioned Djoser, the Sword of Ybrus launched a weakened spear of darkness at the Matoran.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Vertak, South District:Vertak activated his Team Crest, hoping that Zanth and Suya would be able to understand his jumbled thoughts."Lyxek in South District guys... and Djoser, working... and... need to get out... know where Keys are, if that helps... Rhindon can't teleport...and I... need... to get... to the base..." IC: Djoser, South District:Djoser stood, putting most of his weight on his right leg. However, it was then that Vertak's sword shot something at him and he ducked to the gorund again. -ibrow

IC: Srizz slumped on the bow of the boat. They had been variously sitting around and maintaining the boat for hours. Of course he'd been on trips like this before, but here he was on a boat full of assassins, bounty hunters, mercenaries and a toa with 'I'm not a hero' syndrome, and hardly anything happened! You'd think it'd be a melting pot of crazy backstories, emotional trauma and fights popping up at least once a day. Instead everyone seemed to just keep to themselves. "Last time I sail coach," he muttered. Sure, he could just grab his ride and leave, but frankly he wasn't sure he'd be able to find them again on Kai-Nam.-=H-D=-OOC: On an unrelated note, is there a place where a KNPD officer might storm in at any point soon? I gather something's happening in the South District, but it doesn't seem like the sort of thing you can just jump in on.

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: The Barrens"That does make sense when you think about it," Hexxon replied, realizing how obvious it was just by examining the whole situation between the KNPD and the Ring. "Anything else about the KNPD?"Turning his attention ahead, the Odinan could make out the buildings of the Day Run in the distance. They were coming close to the end of their walk there.

IC - Elithes/Illuxio - Registration Office: "Considering she's looking at vhat vould be on zhe board, seems kind of pointless to look," Elithes said, shrugging.IC - Kerid - Day Run: Kerid thought for a moment. "The Director is apparently imprisoned," she said. "According to what he told Alan. Normally, that wouldn't be surprising--AIs tend to be linked to specific systems--but the way he described it, it's almost as if there's something else keeping him there. Being as powerful as he is, one would think that he could have a body built to move around freely."At this point, they had arrived at the Day Run. She paused at the entrance to the Arena, looking around."That's all for now," she said quietly. "My suggestion: Stay low. I'll pass on any other information I can get."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC / Day Run / Registration Office:“Well,” Swerv said, “I guess we’ll just have to wait for Kerid or Ehjoras to show up.”The robot spotted Draxion coming their way with two large bags obviously containing food by the way the Rahkshi kept licking his lips. Swerv chuckled and motioned to Elithes and Marx, “Draxion’s finally here with the food. Let’s go eat somewhere where we can see if anyone important comes back soon”And with that, he pulled open the door and headed to meet Draxion, slightly sad at the fact that he couldn’t enjoy the smells that wafted through his equivalent to a sense of smell.

Eryn/Barrens, With EhjorasIC:

"I have a feeling that there isn't an estimated detination time, Swerv?" said Eryn, as the robot didn't seem to have heard Ehjoras.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

IC / Day Run / Outside the Registration Office:“Hmm, what?” Swerv questioned, looking around, confused. He then realized he must have left his crest transmitting somehow. Even after he had said goodbye to Eryn as well. Well that was awkward.He responded to Eryn, “Well, I sent you the recording of what Dalmia said, if you missed it. But no, he doesn’t say. Although I have a strange feeling that it’ll be longer than expected but shorter than we hope.“I’d say give it a week.”

IC: Day RunHexxon nodded to Kerid, and then proceeded to climb onto Anar's back. A moment later, a mass of black Shadow energies endulfed the pair, and an instant later they were gone. He would take Kerid's suggestion to stay hidden, since he didn't want to end up in trouble with the Director or his officers if he found out about the Odinan's defection. Maybe he could even contact Kaytana to let the Skakdi know -- for her own safety, or he might just use the time to allow all the revelations and information to sink in and settle.The second option seemed more favorable to him.

Eryn/Barrens, With EhjorasIC:

"Alright. Well, see you later, then," Eryn replied, terminating the transmission. Then she recieved two more messages - one a recording and one being Swerv saying goodbye. Well, that was... odd. She had never gad a glitch like that before now...

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*