Rate The Song Above You

2nd Lt. Jean Havoc: 2/5 I really don't like purely electronic stuff. I like it when it's used to accent other stuff, but all electronics...not so much.

Ryuujin: 4.5/5 Nice. I really like the vocal work, it reminds me of Red.

Edited by Evergrey_Toa

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

3/5 - okay song from an okay album. In Flames have been one of my favorite bands for a while, and I like almost everything they've done (though I've always preferred the first five albums - The Jester Race, in particular, is flawless) but out of their newer albums Sounds of a Playground Fading isn't one of my favorites. but hey, at least it's better than A Sense of Purpose. I don't even dislike Siren Charms as much as I hate that album.

3.8/5 It would have been higher, but the song just didn't do much for me except for the guitar solo and instrumental that followed it.

Also...I disagree. I have yet to hear pre-Colony era In Flames, but A Sense of Purpose is easily my favorite album by that band followed by Come Clarity.

Here's my absolute favorite Evergrey song:

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

actually surprised you didn't dig that song more. I thought it'd be a fairly safe bet of something you'd enjoy.

listen to pre-Colony In Flames. it is the absolute best In Flames. out of their newer albums though, Come Clarity is my favorite with Soundtrack to Your Escape close behind it. A Sense of Purpose has never struck me as anything more than absolutely dull, uninspired garbage.

4/5 - great riffs, great atmosphere, nice production, nice use of keys. vocals took some getting used to but I dug it. power metal has never been my thing aside from Machinae Supremacy but I might have to look into more Evergrey.

speaking of which, more MaSu just because:

Edited by Ryuujin

4/5. The guitar work is amazing! The vocalist is distinct, but I can't decide if I like him or not.

Anyway, here's a fairly new band from Sweden (formed 2010) named The Unguided. I love this band! They're MDM/groove metal to my ear.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

MaSu's vocals take a lot of getting used to, I know. I hated them at first, but I kept coming back to their music because of how good it was and eventually grew to love the vocals too.

3.5/5 - I remember hearing about these guys, they're a sideproject of ex-Sonic Syndicate members that was supposed to carry on the style that band had before they started sucking. from the sound of this they did a pretty good job of that, but considering I've never been to huge on Sonic Syndicate I can't say I'm too huge on this either. it's entertaining enough and not a bad song, but it's not instantly memorable or all that original, either.

also, I take back what I said about MaSu being the only power metal I enjoy. I also enjoy these guys, if only because they're one of the most hilariously over-the-top stereotypical and exaggerated yet somehow endearing power metal bands I've ever heard:

Edited by Ryuujin

2/5 - no idea who the artist is on that, but way to ruin a really good piece of music. it's probably partially the fault of the abysmal audio quality, but that sounds absolutely horrid. the guitar sounds overly scratchy and the synthesized percussion does not fit Requiem for a Dream at all, "rock" version or not.

I'll give it a 4/5. The guitar/drum parts had some very nice moments throughout. Nice use of harmonica. It pretty good.

So...people label Nightwish as Symphonic Metal...Symphonic yes. Metal not too much. Epica is Symphonic Metal...with extra emphasis on the METAL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0wZmpXr-L8

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

At first I was like, "What is this?" But when he began to sing, I began to think this was A-Okay. :P

This is my YouTube Channel. If you like what you hear, come check out the rest of my channel.

Edited by Iaredios
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Very folky. Yeah, the banjo is a cool instrument; very hard to learn though, I hear.

Now, lets take a break from western folk, and tune in to folky decibels from north of the Gobi. This message is brought to you by PBS: "Have Any Spare Change?"

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

5/5 I'll tune in to those decibels too

for some reason, overtone singing always reminded me of the didgeridoo, and vice versa

(The difficulty level of learning banjo depends on your background -- I approached it via the ukulele and it wasn't too tricky.)

Edited by Junkbot Master of Trash

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

Not bad I guess, has a nice beat to it. just not my cup of tea. 3/5. I didn't turn it off right away but didn't listen to it completely through either.

My song is Road of the Gypsy.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

1/5: SOrry I just don't really like the sound....

"Fuel" by Metallica

Sorry don't know how to post Vids so just linked it.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png