• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

The Official Halo Topic

Halo Microsoft Xbox Master Chief Covenant

• Please log in to reply
1393 replies to this topic

#1361 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,182 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Feb 12 2014 - 10:36 AM

Okay, I think I need to clarify.

The first time, it was an accident. The second time, I saw a big gun drop in for him and I thought it was an incineration cannon, so I crushed him like a soft biscuit. Sadly, it was a Spartan Laser. The idea I was trying to convey was that the booting system is not too consistent. 

Thank you for clarifying. I would like to amend my statement.

The booting system is working better than ever.

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#1362 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 13 2014 - 01:47 PM

Anyone up for some Halo this weekend? Xbox Gold is free this weekend.

2b3xu0.jpg

Aw, snap. I knew it. Amane was a dirty Innie after all! Look at how she skillfully evades capture; she must've learned that trickery from her rebel scum friends.

#1363 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,798 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 14 2014 - 12:56 AM

My house has no internet. Gold without internet is useless.

#1364 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 14 2014 - 02:00 PM

Ah dang. That must suck.

2b3xu0.jpg

Aw, snap. I knew it. Amane was a dirty Innie after all! Look at how she skillfully evades capture; she must've learned that trickery from her rebel scum friends.

#1365 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 369 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 14 2014 - 11:41 PM

Just in! 

Play Heavies. 

Now.

Do it!

In other news, I think the booting system *may* have to do with your current spree - I got splattered or exploded (couldn't tell which) while I was on a running riot only a single time, yet I was given the boot option immediately. 

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#1366 Offline Ptolemic

Ptolemic
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2014 - 04:04 PM

Hello everyone. A friend and I are up for some halo 4 tonight

I've made comics. I've watched them rise and crumble. The comic topic isn't doing well and we need to change that.

Lets begin by supporting the authors, old and new. Maybe I'll try my hand at them again.

#1367 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2014 - 06:03 PM

Just in! 

Play Heavies. 

Now.

Do it!

In other news, I think the booting system *may* have to do with your current spree - I got splattered or exploded (couldn't tell which) while I was on a running riot only a single time, yet I was given the boot option immediately. 

Well at least the game knows that you're being productive.

2b3xu0.jpg

#1368 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 369 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2014 - 12:18 PM

Halo 2: Anniversary basically confirmed.

Steve Downes, Master Chief voice actor, said in an interview that you could expect Halo 5 to be delayed and Anniversary to come this year. 

I'll buy an Xbox One just for that. 

EDIT: THREE HUNDREDTH POST! 

Edited by Wazdakka, Feb 23 2014 - 12:18 PM.

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

#1369 Offline CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 668 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2014 - 01:44 PM

Halo 2: Anniversary basically confirmed.

Steve Downes, Master Chief voice actor, said in an interview that you could expect Halo 5 to be delayed and Anniversary to come this year. 

I'll buy an Xbox One just for that. 

EDIT: THREE HUNDREDTH POST! 

Unfortunately, Downes later said that he was going off of the rumors he heard, same as the rest of us. Then again, this could be just be damage control from Microsoft. I'm still iffy on all of this. Microsoft hasn't been the most reliable lately when it comes to confirming release dates for their new Halo titles. I remember when they said that Spartan Assault was coming July and then it was basically halfway through the month that they finally said "hey, it's here, guys."

#1370 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2014 - 09:36 PM

I've just played Halo Wars.

Turns out sending a bunch of marines against a flood horde isn't the best strategy. Within seconds, half of my 40 unit force was either dead or infected. And I was playing on Easy.

Edited by Kaiser Manducus, Mar 04 2014 - 09:37 PM.

2b3xu0.jpg

#1371 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,798 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2014 - 03:50 AM

Sending Marines against Flood is a bad move in any Halo game.

#1372 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2014 - 01:35 PM

Well the thing is, I've already upgraded them and had them backed by fully upgraded flamethrowers. And also, I didn't know the Flood had like an ominous green cloud that kills.

2b3xu0.jpg

#1373 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 11 2014 - 05:03 PM

I'm still waiting for Halo Trilogy on Steam. That would be literally the only way I'd ever be able to play all three games: I never will buy a Microsoft console, and I can't stand dual analog control. It's too bad nothing has ever come of that Steam Database leak that started the whole rumor, even though almost everything else on the list has come true.

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#1374 Offline Ringabel

Ringabel
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2014 - 05:05 PM

If that ever happens I would be so happy.

I'd buy it for a full $60 price tag (something I have not done for any game on Steam so far), mainly because I really want to play Halo CE and 2 without pirating them onto my computer.

that is

if my computer could run the games...which it probably could, unless they updated the graphics or something.

bzpbanner3.jpg

I used to be 'The X'. Now I'm not.

XBL gamertag: XXaron

BZPRPG characters: Okajo, Xaron/'Stupid slug', Zarok, Kewa, Zolarn, Crasaro, Misanoi, Vanika

#1375 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 11 2014 - 05:30 PM

If that ever happens I would be so happy.

I'd buy it for a full $60 price tag (something I have not done for any game on Steam so far), mainly because I really want to play Halo CE and 2 without pirating them onto my computer.

that is

if my computer could run the games...which it probably could, unless they updated the graphics or something.

It always irritated me how Microsoft made Halo 2 PC Vista exclusive, with the pretty much only reason being that at the time they wanted something to tempt PC gamers into upgrading. I never was able to play it because of that, unlike Halo 1, of which I have played the entire campaign. And Halo 3 never even made it to PC. What worries me is Halo Trilogy on Steam was potentially happening, but was canceled after Valve pretty much declared war on Microsoft.

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#1376 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 369 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2014 - 10:51 AM

Well, remember that Halo 1 exists for Mac, as well as the demo (Silent Cartographer + Blood Gulch=free)... if you're willing to shell out $40. Eks and Zarkan, you guys can easily get ahold of Halo CE and Halo 2 for under $20 on eBay and Amazon. Heck, I got my new one on Amazon for $20 shipped, roughly. Also, any computer can run Halo: CE or Halo 2, as they are very old and have completely undemanding engines or graphics. 

#1377 Offline Rausaro

Rausaro
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,526 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2014 - 01:57 AM

Fun fact. Apparently, in Halo: Escalation, the UNSC Infinity has detected the distress beacon of 

Spoiler

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

#1378 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,798 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2014 - 06:01 AM

That's actually old news.

#1379 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2014 - 01:49 PM

Well at least we now know what happened to the Spirit of Fire.

Edited by Kaiser Manducus, Mar 29 2014 - 05:26 PM.

2b3xu0.jpg

#1380 Offline CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 668 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2014 - 04:39 PM

But what's old new news is that Spartan Assault is confirmed for Steam, on April 4 for $4.99 :)

#1381 Offline Ringabel

Ringabel
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2014 - 04:40 PM

But what's old new news is that Spartan Assault is confirmed for Steam, on April 4 for $4.99 :)

they'd better go the whole 9 yards and start t putting up Halo 2, CE, and 3 (Maybe Reach?) on there, too.

bzpbanner3.jpg

BZPRPG characters: Okajo, Xaron/'Stupid slug', Zarok, Kewa, Zolarn, Crasaro, Misanoi, Vanika

#1382 Offline CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 668 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2014 - 04:50 PM

they'd better go the whole 9 yards and start t putting up Halo 2, CE, and 3 (Maybe Reach?) on there, too.

but first co op mode for SA, because apparently that's not included.

#1383 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 369 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2014 - 10:08 AM

I HIGHLY doubt that we'll see any of the Halos on Steam, let alone the console exclusive ones. 

#1384 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 422 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2014 - 09:16 AM

Bad new, I have no more gold, so I can't play halo online until I get more but I way not going to because I Hate Microsoft plus I can just play most have the game I have online on Steam.

So I am hardly going to be on xbox and getting gold just to let you guys know.

ravens.jpg

Helping ~garnira returns~ on the Banners and Ravens for the win my friend

see his chima tribe banners here

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui: 
Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#1385 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 01 2014 - 02:17 PM

Anyone up for Legendary next week?

2b3xu0.jpg

#1386 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 369 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2014 - 03:00 PM

Um, depending on how busy I am this coming weekend, I might be up for some Legendary Spartan Ops or campaign. I'm a bit rusty though.

In other news, Halo 2: Anniversary is basically confirmed - some big wig at Microsoft or 343 (forgot name) has been talking on the interwebs about what would need to be done to make Halo 2 great... suspicious, eh?

Finally, Halo: Combat Evolved Gamespy multiplayer servers are shutting down this May, on the 31st - http://www.343indust...rs-shuttin-r937   I'm actually quite distressed about this, considering I'm insanely good at no-shields slayer and also how much fun this game was (the first Halo game I ever owned). 

#1387 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2014 - 09:00 PM

That's a shame. I've always liked playing Slayer on the demo version.

2b3xu0.jpg

#1388 Offline CrunchbiteNuva

CrunchbiteNuva
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 668 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 07 2014 - 10:55 PM

That's sad :(

Halo PC was the first Halo game and the first FPS I've ever played. 

#1389 Offline Ringabel

Ringabel
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2014 - 05:15 PM

that's depressing. it's really fun...oh well, there's still LAN at least for playing with friends...

bzpbanner3.jpg

#1390 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 08 2014 - 09:02 PM

Um, depending on how busy I am this coming weekend, I might be up for some Legendary Spartan Ops or campaign. I'm a bit rusty though.

Well I could play anytime from the 11th to the 20th. The only games I can't play right now are SA and Halo Reach. I'm up for Anniversary, ODST, Wars, 3, or 4.

Edited by Kaiser Manducus, Apr 08 2014 - 09:02 PM.

2b3xu0.jpg

#1391 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 369 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2014 - 07:04 PM

Hmmm. I haven't played Halo in over a month on my Xbox. I'd do Anniversary campaign (though I've never done it on Legendary before, I've got some achievements to clean up, like Breaking Quarantine and This One's For Jenkins!) or Halo 4 Spartan Ops.

Has anyone here read Mortal Dictata, or know someone who has? If so, I'm really curious as to what Noble Six's helmet means on the cover: http://halo.wikia.co..._Mortal_Dictata

That helmet is most clearly the one that Spartan B-312 left on Reach. In addition, 343 even confirmed that it got a costume prop of the same helmet from Mortal Dictata, which they referred to as belonging formerly to Noble Six.

TL:DR, What's Noble Six's helmet doing in Mortal Dictata, storywise?

Lastly, has anyone bought Spartan Assault on PC on Steam yet? I'm thinking about it, but there's no co-op, which is sad. I could buy it for Xbox 360, but there's no couch co-op...

#1392 Offline Makaru

Makaru
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Senior Not So Grump

• 11,182 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Apr 15 2014 - 04:05 PM

Has anyone here read Mortal Dictata, or know someone who has? If so, I'm really curious as to what Noble Six's helmet means on the cover: http://halo.wikia.co..._Mortal_Dictata

That helmet is most clearly the one that Spartan B-312 left on Reach. In addition, 343 even confirmed that it got a costume prop of the same helmet from Mortal Dictata, which they referred to as belonging formerly to Noble Six.

TL:DR, What's Noble Six's helmet doing in Mortal Dictata, storywise?

Well I know what I'm picking up after work today...

13432482545_b80a31ed8e_n.jpg

Can you lose to me in a rap battle? Shoryuken! ~K. Masters

#1393 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Steely Visionary

• 369 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2014 - 09:09 PM

Please let us know, Makaru!

Today I got my Halo UNSC Grey Woven button-down shirt in the mail. I know you'll say, "Halo clothing? Ya, right, nerd."

Yes, I'm a nerd, but there is some reasoning - it's on sale for 50% off @ $19.99, which is a steal for a button-down shirt. In addition, I wear some kind of button-down shirt every single day, so it's not like I'm buying some useless fashion accoutrement. Lastly, the logo that identifies it as being nerdy is relatively small and unobtrusive compared to many other nerdy shirts, so I can actually wear it in public without fear of the shame being poured upon my head. 

It's also comfy.

I turned on my Xbox for the first time in over a month and a half to play a couple rounds of Ninja Assassins. Increased my Energy Sword commendation a fair bit. The gametype is really fun and fast paced, but as I only got to play on the same map (Abandon - which I love), it got a little repetitive in terms of the gameplay. It's definitely challenging, given the lack of radar and the difficulty of fighting people with Ninja Level 3, but I was hoping that we would get active camo in some way to make us invisible, but it's still great fun and I highly recommend it to any of you guys who are still playing Halo 4. 

#1394 Offline Kaiser Manducus

Kaiser Manducus
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,273 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 18 2014 - 09:40 PM

I don't know man. My loadouts would usually reset for some unknown reason and that really nags me.

Edited by Kaiser Manducus, Apr 18 2014 - 09:41 PM.

2b3xu0.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users