The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

This no health packs thing has got me worried. So is this "perks" system they're talking about...I just want it to feel like Halo, and not COD.I agree with JI1223 on the new BR and the Spartan IVs... they look pretty weird.

It was confirmed that there's no perks. There are rumors that armor will now slightly effect player stats.Seems the Spartan IV's from Glasslands make an appearance... Also, Covenant confirmed to return, though it sounds like it's a minor role.As for the Halo 4 armor, I think they confirmed it to be Mark VII. *Still crossing fingers that the Chief gets a forerunner suit. Also, they had a Cyclops Mk II in game... you can't drive it, but supposedly we get something "Bigger".

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Don't worry about that, it's fine to ask.Back in the Days of Halo 3, it was game night almost every night. We even took a group picture of all the BZP members.It's right here.That picture was eventually updated with a lot more members, and even though I wasn't there, someone copied my armor to make it look like I was.Anyway, we don't have official game nights in reach anymore since Halo 3's custom games were much more fun, but if enough people were up for it, I'm sure it could be arranged.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Prediction: About sixty percent of Halo Reach's current fanbase will move onto Halo 4, and the other forty percent will continue to play Reach because, despite Halo 4's superior campaign, Reach just has better mechanics.

But Halo 4 could change all of that. After all, the graphics are way more detailed from what I saw and heard Edited by Rix

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I never got to participate in any Halo 3 game nights with BZPers. :( Despite having had the game, even...So I'd love to participate in a Reach one.I haven't been keeping up with Halo 4 news that much, but what I have heard excites me. I think multiplayer being a whole separate realm from the campaign in every sense is a good move. I'm curious as to how they'll pull off the "reason" behind reds fighting blues, but we'll just have to see.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Precursors. I bet.On the game night...I'd be up for that. BTB is, as I said before, getting dull, especially with the new BTB Heavies thingy that everyone always votes for.

Edited by Archmaster

~Music is what feelings sound like~

96% of teens like either rap or "real music". If you are part of the 4% that appreciate all types of music, copy and paste this into your sig.

Me and some of my friends got tons of great custom maps that we've made or found. I know The X said he was making an infection map a bit ago.Think we should plan something this Friday or Saturday?I might be going to watch Hunger Games Saturday though (you jelly?), but I'd be back before 7. Friday make s'more sense to me though.So, if we can get enough people, you know what, I think I can just make a topic for halo game nights.~Ro

So apparently, since 343 is taking over Halo soon, they (343) will be unlocking Recon armor for everyone in Halo 3. Personally, this isn't really that much of a big deal since I completed the Vidmaster challenges years ago but unsurprisingly, it's causing a bit of outrage too.Thoughts?

I finished the Vidmasters too, but if they want to give Recon to everyone let them. It's not like it matters too much anymore, and anyone who had it before has the Achievements to prove it. I don't think getting Vidmasters is exactly easy, especially now that most people have moved on from H3 and ODST, so for the most part there won't be many more people getting them.(Recon shoulders :wub:)

Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif

Me and some of my friends got tons of great custom maps that we've made or found. I know The X said he was making an infection map a bit ago.Think we should plan something this Friday or Saturday?I might be going to watch Hunger Games Saturday though (you jelly?), but I'd be back before 7. Friday make s'more sense to me though.So, if we can get enough people, you know what, I think I can just make a topic for halo game nights.~Ro

Dang. I'm in XDMy infection map is terrible, but my Fat Kid map that I made with help is awesome. It has gauss hog at the end.But... yeah. Sign me up. I might get on tonight!

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Sweet, me and a friend are gonna finish the last campaign mission on legendary (then I'll have ALL the CQB variants). Also, if anyone wants to join tonight, just message (or friend) me on live. My tag is CommissionR, and, for the topic of recon in halo 3, I don't mind because for the vidmaster where you finish the last level with iron on legendary, me and my friends did it, but the game glitches during the cutscene and we got disconnected from live, so I feel cheated as I finished all the other vidmasters. Oh, and has anyone seen what the Halo 4 mulitplayer armor looks like? I'll keep it simple...it's...INSANE!~Ro

• 2 weeks later...

SO EVERYONE,I've recently begun re-experiencing the good ol' days of Halo 3, and was wondering...Well lets face it, Halo's not as fun with three people, so i was wondering if, for old times sake, we could get the Majority, or at least a large portion of the BZPHalo Group back together for a night of fun and games. If you're interested, send me a PM or add me to XBL, DarkxxDestinyxx.So yeah... We can have some good ol fun...Halo on Halo anyone?

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

Sweet, me and a friend are gonna finish the last campaign mission on legendary (then I'll have ALL the CQB variants). Also, if anyone wants to join tonight, just message (or friend) me on live. My tag is CommissionR, and, for the topic of recon in halo 3, I don't mind because for the vidmaster where you finish the last level with iron on legendary, me and my friends did it, but the game glitches during the cutscene and we got disconnected from live, so I feel cheated as I finished all the other vidmasters. Oh, and has anyone seen what the Halo 4 mulitplayer armor looks like? I'll keep it simple...it's...INSANE!~Ro

Yeah the Spartan IV armor looks awesome and so does Master Chief; pretty obvious he got buffed up off-screen. Strangely reminds me of the Halo Wars Spartan armor

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

SO EVERYONE,I've recently begun re-experiencing the good ol' days of Halo 3, and was wondering...Well lets face it, Halo's not as fun with three people, so i was wondering if, for old times sake, we could get the Majority, or at least a large portion of the BZPHalo Group back together for a night of fun and games. If you're interested, send me a PM or add me to XBL, DarkxxDestinyxx.So yeah... We can have some good ol fun...Halo on Halo anyone?

MONSTER TRUCKS OH MY GOODNESS
19704_s.gif

Precursors. I bet.

While I'm positive the percursors will show up as enemies, it sounds like we could have a ONI/UNSC civil war, Forerunners under a possibly still alive Faber/or Didact, and I've heard the remnants of the Covenant might make a cameo. They did state there's now a story reason that Blue team Spartans are fighting Red team... So perhaps, with the much more economical Spartan IV's, there could be a civil war?I also wonder if we will fight a new race created by the precursors to succeed humanity?

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Well, apparently there's been some leaked info from a magazine about Halo 4. Some of the new multiplayer features upset me very much. (This info is not mine)Spartan Points

• [*]Spartan Points is the new currency system in Halo 4. They will buy things such as armor, armor abilities, Spartan Ops missions (see below), and some

Spartan Ops

• [*]This was probably my most favorite addition I saw. From how it was described, think for Spartan Ops like Spec Ops from Modern Warfare but with a storyline. They will span out over several months, encouraging players to return to the game. Game Informer said that Spartan Ops will be comparable in scope and size to the in single-player storyline.

Why Reds Fight Blues

• [*]I think most of us probably guessed this, but reds fight blues and blues fight reds for training purposes. They fight in something called the UNSC Infinity. The UNSC Infinity is a 3km long ship sent into deep space on a mission. It contains a virtual reality sector that creates the multiplayer experience.

Sprint

• [*]So not only is sprint in the game, but it is a standard armor ability. You do not need to pick it up, it will always be available. You do not need to buy it with your Spartan Points, you will always have it equipped no matter what. So essentially, you can have two armor abilities.

Forerunner Vision

• [*]Ever wanted to be super man? Now you can! See through walls with your x-ray vision! I can't say I hate this armor ability, I haven't used it yet. I'm hoping it comes with its weaknesses and it discourages camping. Sorry guys, but camping in Halo 4 will not be a legitimate tactic.

Returning Armor Abilities

• [*]The hologram, jetpack, and active camo will make a return in Halo 4. It didn't elaborate on the abilities, but you can probably assume they'll be about the same.

Elites Not Returning to Multiplayer

• [*]Not much detail was given as to why elites will not see multiplayer combat, it was stated in a picture caption. The caption reads, "Competitive multiplayer focues on the Spartan IVs. Elites will not be playable.

Grenades

• [*]Now the article itself did not talk about grenades, but I noticed in the picture the Spartan had 4 grenade options. I assume the plasma grenade will return as seen from an explosion in the picture and the frag grenade will most definitely return as seen by the Halo 4 first look video.

Firefight

• [*]Once again, no explanation why aside from a picture caption. The caption read, "Halo 4's campaign is still playable with four players online (in reference to Sparan Ops, ensuring players that Spartan Ops will not replace the campaign coop experience). 343 Industries has no plans to include a dedicated Firefight mode. I'm torn on this, I don't normally play firefight, but I feel like it is a standard necessary feature in the game after Halo 3: ODST introduced it.

Regicide

• [*]Regicide is a variation of free for all. I think it's similar to VIP. Regicide, as stated by the article, "sets the leading scorer as the king. Every opponent that the king kills raises his bounty; other players have to kill the king to claim the reward."

Distraction and Revenge Medals

• [*]Don't feel bad anymore for not killing a single person in the game, you can get a medal for being a distraction! Oh, you just got killed and now you're raging at that player? Calm down and get rewarded for hunting down the guy that just killed you![*]Let me make it clear that I do not necessarily see these medals as bad. They just may reward people that don't actually deserve one.

No More Weapon Camping

• [*]One the skills that separated veteran players from inexperienced players was the ability to time power weapons' spawns. In Halo 4, this will be near impossible. Weapons drop down in drop pods at random locations around the map. Quoted from the article, "This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations." Unless there is a distinguishable skill gap between players, I most definitely do not like this idea.

No More Respawn Delay

• [*]Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. Now let's contemplate why this might be bad. Let's say Halo spawns are... not so great. A skilled player out BRs/DMRs/whatevers a unskilled player. Now that unskilled player can immediately respawn and find you before your shields even regenerate! I understand 343 is trying to speed up the game, but they must understand the consequences of instant spawns.

Joining In-Progress Games

• [*]So to solve the quitting problem, 343 implemented the ability to join games that are in-progress. My question is are we going to have the ability to search for games starting up instead? It infuriates me to join a game at the last possible second, not even offering me the chance to play

I'm not the only one thinking of call of duty am I? The two worst additions are the instant respawns and the random weapons. I don't want games to be won because of luck instead of skill.There's also pictures. PM me and I'll give you a link to the site so you can see what elites, spartans, and grunts look like.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

Regicide

• [*]Regicide is a variation of free for all. I think it's similar to VIP. Regicide, as stated by the article, "sets the leading scorer as the king. Every opponent that the king kills raises his bounty; other players have to kill the king to claim the reward."

Distraction and Revenge Medals

• [*]Don't feel bad anymore for not killing a single person in the game, you can get a medal for being a distraction! Oh, you just got killed and now you're raging at that player? Calm down and get rewarded for hunting down the guy that just killed you![*]Let me make it clear that I do not necessarily see these medals as bad. They just may reward people that don't actually deserve one.

I do not understand Regicide at all. And the Distraction Medals sound more like they will be taunting me when I- err, people when they do poorly, as opposed to rewarding them.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

The way I'm reading it, it sounds like Regicide could work like this:-Player with the most points is the "king"-Every kill the "king" makes goes towards a "bounty" (probably represented by a score) and also adds to their own points-Who ever kills the "king" claims the "bounty" (ie, the score is added to their own points)-Repeat process-Who ever reaches a set number of points first winsIn this case, it might be a combination of Juggernaut and Headhunter, except you score instantly when you claim the bounty.

Joining an in-progress game is stupid. It's how Assassin's Creed multiplayer works and it's simply infuriating to not get a chance to do anything and look like a horrible player.Instant respawn could indeed be frustrating.No Firefight makes me sad. I love that gametype.Random weapon drops is unnecessary.And Spartan Ops intrigues me tremendously. Definitely going to look forward to that.-----So I came home for the weekend and am bringing Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST back with me. Anybody want to hit me up for a game? Got a few achievements I need too... Gamertag: Ektris.|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."