Rahkshi Heat Vision Difference From Laser Vision

Heat vision can't cut diamonds?Lasers and heat are different. I'd imagine laser vision is probably more precise and deudlier. Heat vision is more about burning stuff, I guess.The real question is whether laser vision Rahkshi are also temporarily blinded by their power.

AXKP5KC.png

I would agree that laser vision is probably more precise, probably allowing actions such as using thin laser beams to cut objects in fine lines, through most materials, while heat vision would be almost like a fire power. At least, that's my take on it. :shrugs:~B~

Edited by Ballom

Well, to be very specific, heat vision would be using a lower level of radiation than laser vision. Heat is infrared versus lasers, which are highly concentrated beams of light. Thus, heat vision can heat up/melt/burn things, whereas laser vision can shear off armor, reflect off a mirror, heat up things that absorb light, and so on.

Well, to be very specific, heat vision would be using a lower level of radiation than laser vision. Heat is infrared versus lasers, which are highly concentrated beams of light.Thus, heat vision can heat up/melt/burn things, whereas laser vision can shear off armor, reflect off a mirror, heat up things that absorb light, and so on.
^This is basically what I think, but laser vision could burn flammable things, and probably can heat up things as well if enough time has passed.

I think the mirror example is good: laser vision would reflect off the mirror, heat vision would melt it. As for something non-reflective, a laser vision beam would intensely heat one small spot, burning a hole in it, and perhaps ignite the target if it were flammable enough. Heat vision would heat a larger area of the target with less intensity, igniting it if it was flammable at all, and otherwise melting it if the heat was enough.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think it all lies in the name. The difference is in physics/chemistry.Laser Vision - Uses laser beams (beams of photon particles)Heat Vision - Beams of concentrated thermal energy

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

According to BS01, here are the differences as far as the Kraata go:Heat Vision Stage 1 - Is very hot to the touch.Stage 2 - Can raise the temperature of objects through physical contact.Stage 3 - Can heat objects to the boiling or melting point through touch.Stage 4 - Has the ability to heat up nearby objects by staring at them.Stage 5 - Uses short range heat vision to ignite nearby objects.Stage 6 - Powerful long range heat vision can ignite any object within sight.Laser VisionStage 1 - Eyes glow with intensely bright light.Stage 2 - Can focus light from eyes into a temporary blinding beam.Stage 3 - Has the power to fire beams of searing light from its eyes.Stage 4 - Fires eyebeams that can burn through wood or soil.Stage 5 - Fires eyebeams that can burn through stoen or metal.Stage 6 - Fires powerful eyebeams that can burn through solid protodermis.I'm pretty sure that the above powers and their intensity are carried over to the Rahkshi from their Kraata.- :t::l::h:

I believe that the laser vision is more precise and accurate. I think that heat vision is more or less fire expelled from one's eyes.

According to BS01, here are the differences as far as the Kraata go:Heat VisionStage 1 - Is very hot to the touch.Stage 2 - Can raise the temperature of objects through physical contact.Stage 3 - Can heat objects to the boiling or melting point through touch.Stage 4 - Has the ability to heat up nearby objects by staring at them.Stage 5 - Uses short range heat vision to ignite nearby objects.Stage 6 - Powerful long range heat vision can ignite any object within sight.Laser VisionStage 1 - Eyes glow with intensely bright light.Stage 2 - Can focus light from eyes into a temporary blinding beam.Stage 3 - Has the power to fire beams of searing light from its eyes.Stage 4 - Fires eyebeams that can burn through wood or soil.Stage 5 - Fires eyebeams that can burn through stoen or metal.Stage 6 - Fires powerful eyebeams that can burn through solid protodermis.I'm pretty sure that the above powers and their intensity are carried over to the Rahkshi from their Kraata.- :t: :l: :h:
according to this dude, however, it appears that heat vision Rahkshi look at things and those things become heated, rather than a beam shooting from their eyes.
Heat vision can't cut diamonds?Lasers and heat are different. I'd imagine laser vision is probably more precise and deudlier. Heat vision is more about burning stuff, I guess.The real question is whether laser vision Rahkshi are also temporarily blinded by their power.
I don't however, think that rahkshi would be temporarily blinded by their laser vision powers. If that were true, then heat vision Rahkshi would probably have their eyes scalded out by using their powers. Teridax, then, would probably not choose heat vision Rahkshi for his major army on Bara Magna. (I'm just going by the comic books, though. It's possible that they only used heat vision Rahkshi to advertise the Bionicle Stars.) Heat vision is more about melting or igniting than cutting or slicing with a laser beam. Edited by darkslizer

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

Heat is a mild fire-based power, while laser is a mild-light-based power. Basically to sum that up.Isn't it ironic though that a being with shadow power has light powers though :P?

Edited by Click

Well, to be very specific, heat vision would be using a lower level of radiation than laser vision. Heat is infrared versus lasers, which are highly concentrated beams of light.Thus, heat vision can heat up/melt/burn things, whereas laser vision can shear off armor, reflect off a mirror, heat up things that absorb light, and so on.
^This is basically what I think, but laser vision could burn flammable things, and probably can heat up things as well if enough time has passed.
Laser vision cannot burn things directly. Heat them up, yes - opaque objects absorb ultraviolet radiation and convert it to heat. But there's no spark involved, so nothing burns.

Just to clear this up, "Laser" does not exclude heat. At least radiant heat, which is a frequency of electromagnetic energy -- photons, or light. What we normally mean by "light" is the visible spectrum of electromagnetic energy, but that's just part of it. This and radiant heat can both be emitted in a perfect line -- that's what laser means. Also, lasers that easily cut through most solids are usually emitting heat.But heat can also be emitted in a normal ray, that might be focused but not a pure line. So it seems implied that heat vision is a focused ray of heat that will more easily melt a larger object, while laser vision is a perfect line of heat designed to slice.Look carefully at the level six definitions of Heat Vision:

Powerful long-range heat vision can ignite any object within sight.
And Laser Vision:
Fires powerful eye-beams that can burn through solid Protodermis.
Notice it burns through. So heat is used with both. The difference is that Heat Vision is not a perfectly focused cutting line, but rather a ray like a flashlight beam that can be widened or narrowed to some extent to encompass a whole object.Why not say "heat" in the laser one? Well, it would make the name longer. Also, hot cutting lasers are usually what is meant in comic-book-style powers traditionally so the term has come to be a synonym with it. But if you want to get technical, the meanings of the powers could also be named Heat Ray Vision and Heat Laser Vision.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Laser Vision cuts more precisely, Heat Vision sets things on fire more.Granted, Laser Vision can reflect off mirrors, whereas Heat Vision does not. And if used in a particular manner, Laser Vision can set things on fire. Heat Vision is the more Wide Damage one, and Laser Vision is the more Focused Damage one.--- The first half of my post was only practical difference. The physical difference is Heat Vision is like fire or pure heat energy, whereas Laser Vision is concentrated high-intensity light.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Granted, Laser Vision can reflect off mirrors, whereas Heat Vision does not.
I disagree with this. A flashlight beam shape versus a laser can still reflect off of mirrors. It just isn't a perfect line. And both should heat the mirror up. Arguably the focused laser should do more damage on a mirror since it's more heat in a confined area so should slice through it. Overall I think they would both damage the mirror even while reflecting. It's just that one could melt the whole mirror while the other would slice, and the reflecting effects would have the same difference.
The first half of my post was only practical difference. The physical difference is Heat Vision is like fire or pure heat energy, whereas Laser Vision is concentrated high-intensity light.
But what do you mean by light? I think it's clearly heat energy (a form of light, technically) as well (laser). And Heat is not fire, but the infrared type of light that is heat energy. If the laser was not using heat it should not be able to slice through most substances. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)