• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Kreger

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Primus

Primus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 955 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 28 2012 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImageActually built something for once in a good while.Anyways, he's supposed to be some sort of creepy/sinister robot. And it was inspired by Sebulba.Hope y'all like him,PEDIT: Changed the main image to 500x378 so that it fits in the forum rules and suchEdit: Main image thumbnailed due to dimension and file size. Please keep posted images in BBC to 640x640 pixels and 100 kB.-Wind-

Edited by Primus, Jun 28 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#2 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,284 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 28 2012 - 01:30 PM

The build of this is epic. The legs and body are both nicely designed. The colors are also great. By the way, what's that thing dangling from below the body?

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#3 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 28 2012 - 01:42 PM

There's no con in this MOC. It's PERFECT. Color is well used, articulations are so many that it seems to be extremely poseable and it's creepy. I suppose the hands are those in the middle, under the head, right?Arms articulation system is genius, as well as the usage of tubes. Excellent, perfect. 11/10

skyrim_banner.jpg

#4 Offline Killer_Myr

Killer_Myr
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 889 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 28 2012 - 02:58 PM

I really like the limbs, particularly the way the tubing for the torso lead to the legs (Arms?) My favourite part is the torso, which I want to use at some point. Would you be willing to post instructions for it? I love that colour scheme. 10.3/10

When you get right down to it, we're all just shades on the spectrum of Humanity.
What matters most in life is not what you are, or what group you belong to, but who you are.
Fight hate with understanding.
Fight ignorance with knowledge.
Fight cruelty with compassion.
Don't be the poison, be the antidote.

#5 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,831 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 28 2012 - 04:48 PM

Whoa. This is epic, and I love the detail. It reminds me of Rampage from Transformers 2, but in yellow. Reminding me of said Rampage is a good thing.All those tubes are excellent, and that's a very creative head design. Though not large in size, large in creativity. That's my main point, therefore 10/10. P.S. Only flaw is no glowy eyes.

#6 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,271 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 30 2012 - 03:14 PM

Exellent build, wires, curves, beams, etc. Just a great shape and balance of lines and curves. I don't know why this bothers me- it might be the shoulders- but the arms seem a bit flat. Which shouldn't be possible, since it's only one to two axels. I think a simple dome-ish piece on the exposed axle connection on the Y-socket might help. That, or I'm just weird. Otherwise exellent MOC, it's nice to see you post something.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#7 Offline Freezer Burn

Freezer Burn
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 291 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 30 2012 - 09:33 PM

Ah, I was waiting for this since I saw it on brickshelf. Nice build, the reversed anatomy is very cool and dynamic. Cool limbs with hands, cool middle torso, and cool head! His head does look a tad flat from the side, but thats opinion on my part. The legs are skeletal and robotic without looking bare; I congratulate you on that because I have yet to come up with a reliable method to do that. Just curious, how much articulation do you get on the elbow joints on the support limbs? Awesome moc.
Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

#8 Offline The Swimming Beard

The Swimming Beard
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,206 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 30 2012 - 10:00 PM

This is awesome. I love the color scheme, and the body design is great. However, the legs are somewhat bare. What is the thing hanging down supposed to be?

14429550443_81164861ed_m.jpg                                                   14283430456_547b585d15_m.jpg

BBCC 68 entry: SCM-541: The White Viper                               July flickr Contest Entry: Tyrak, Toa of Light

#9 Offline Nytrone

Nytrone
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 1,730 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2012 - 01:25 AM

Never seen anything this cool in a while! Creatively designed and well executed! The complexity in the piece usage, especially with the torso/lower arms area, is nicely done as well.I'm really diggin' the high-machinery industrial aesthetic of this Moc!Something about the feet kind of bug me though. Maybe it's the Metru heads, but it doesn't bother me so much compared to the entirety of the Moc.The design reminds me exactly of Sebulba! Instantly got it! Such a unique basis for that compelling a design! Anyways, It's great to see another stellar Moc from you Primus! Excellent work once again!

Edited by Nytrone, Jul 01 2012 - 01:30 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Offline Ehlekdude

Ehlekdude
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 761 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2012 - 06:42 AM

Wow, this is jaw-droppingly amazing. The colours are very nice on it, it looks exactly as you said, a creepy/sinister robot and he does look a nit like Sebulba, the thing that is hanging down resembles a hand. The head looks really evil, too. This is excellent, 100/10

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

#11 Offline Phantomesque

Phantomesque
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 700 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 01 2012 - 12:47 PM

Nice one Primus.I love the Torso, it's well equipped with armor. I love the legs and the use of the Toa Heads in the feet. The head is very well designed, it's amazing. Yeah, I can see where you're going with the sinister robot look. Nice Moc. :)~Gravity

phantom_sig.png

Your life is complete once you've met me once.

#12 Offline Toa of Geek

Toa of Geek
  • Members
  • Toa

• 149 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 05:34 PM

This is awesome. I love the unique design of the body, and the legs are cool. The use of HF pieces for the head is genius.

I really need a better signiature.

#13 Offline Sykreos the Challenger

Sykreos the Challenger
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,698 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2012 - 06:07 PM

Perfect MOC. I have no complaints. I like it all. The colors, the structure, the build, EVERYTHING. Like Toa of Geek said, this MOC is so unique.

Click here to go to Snax, the SybreNetX reboot!

spc_logo.png

Click the homemade banner to go to Sonic: Pure Chaos!

The Feline Chronicles | Noobicorn Inc. | Toa Piraka Hakann Comics | Kamen Rider: NoobzlayerDestruction Comics | Toa 95 Comics | Will Most Likely Fail Epicly | Second Time's The Charm | Prototypes

Why must all our greatest dreams come to an end? I would have slept for eternity just to keep my favorite one...

"Gentlemen, I have returned." ~Sybre, real life

#14 Offline Hiro

Hiro
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 464 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2012 - 01:42 PM

This is a fantastic MOC. It reeks originality in it's entire construction. The head is fantastic. It definitely refreshing to see builders reach outside the bounds of pre-made masks and create something great out of nothing.It's almost organic in nature, like something out of Prometheus, but I guess that's were the Sebulba inspiration comes in. My only complain would be to integrate the ankles so that they're not so plain. Perhaps some sort of shoulder armor in front of the foot itself. Either way, a wonderful creation.

#15 Offline Primus

Primus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 955 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 29 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for all of the replies and the positive reception, really glad y'all like the MOC so much! Gonna address a couple of your questions and concerns:

The build of this is epic. The legs and body are both nicely designed. The colors are also great. By the way, what's that thing dangling from below the body?

I'm assuming that by "dangling thing below the body" you're referring to the lower part of his torso where his arms are attached. His arms attach at the base of his torso.

I really like the limbs, particularly the way the tubing for the torso lead to the legs (Arms?) My favourite part is the torso, which I want to use at some point. Would you be willing to post instructions for it? I love that colour scheme. 10.3/10

I'm glad you like the torso, it's my favorite part too. Sadly I won't be posting any instructions for it though. There are plenty of pictures that I posted, try working it from there. Feel free to PM me if you run into any problem areas!

Ah, I was waiting for this since I saw it on brickshelf. Nice build, the reversed anatomy is very cool and dynamic. Cool limbs with hands, cool middle torso, and cool head! His head does look a tad flat from the side, but thats opinion on my part. The legs are skeletal and robotic without looking bare; I congratulate you on that because I have yet to come up with a reliable method to do that. Just curious, how much articulation do you get on the elbow joints on the support limbs? Awesome moc.

The articulation on the elbow joints is limited, but they move enough to pose and stabilize the MOC. That joint is typically very articulated if you don't use four beams, I just like the look of the four beams and also the added structural integrity.

This is a fantastic MOC. It reeks originality in it's entire construction. The head is fantastic. It definitely refreshing to see builders reach outside the bounds of pre-made masks and create something great out of nothing.It's almost organic in nature, like something out of Prometheus, but I guess that's were the Sebulba inspiration comes in. My only complain would be to integrate the ankles so that they're not so plain. Perhaps some sort of shoulder armor in front of the foot itself. Either way, a wonderful creation.

Yeah, the feet and ankles are my least favorite part. If I go back and revisit this MOC, that's going to be the area of most concern for me. Thanks for the input!Again, thanks for all of the replies, I really do appreciate it!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users