How will the matoran survive?

For one, none of their mask making technologies or even there matoran making machines are on spherus magna,, so unless they send a recovery team in there to go get it, they won't be able to make any new matoran, new kanohi, or any of the other essentials. For another, they can't just pull resources from SM because SM matter behaves differently from MU matter.I can't think of anymore problems.

You're right about everything, I think, but actually GregF stated that the Matoran would do just that (send a recovery team inside) to get at least the machines which create new Matoran. As for mask making, it actually isn't that difficult: masks are made from molten protodermis, which is a heated and purified version of liquid protodermis. And even though the MU can't be lived inside anymore, the liquid protodermis that made up the seas still exists and can be collected when necessary.

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

Once the MU is fully evacuated, that's a LOT of scrap protodermis to melt down to make new masks and such. :P Plus they may still have a lot of extras in Metru Nui and elsewhere to bring out.What other essentials did you have in mind?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Wow, I need to make an epic about that recovery team.So, would it be possible to at least temporarily send in someone into the uninhabitable MU? I thought that gravity, light and temperature and things like that are so messed up, no one could survive very long. Would they have special suits, or only send it a specifically adapted team of Toa? That would be cool.I also really want to see someone build a little tap on the side of the MU, and just fill up little buckets of Liquid Protodermis when they need it. :P

Wow, I need to make an epic about that recovery team.So, would it be possible to at least temporarily send in someone into the uninhabitable MU? I thought that gravity, light and temperature and things like that are so messed up, no one could survive very long. Would they have special suits, or only send it a specifically adapted team of Toa? That would be cool.
Well if you want it to, it's your fanfic. I'm not sure if it's true canonically yet. Greg did once say that Mata Nui had to work to keep physics operating normally, although it didn't all seem to go crazy while he was asleep. I think the fact that it fell on its side is the worst part. That would be... yeah. :P BS01 said this:
The robot then collapsed to the ground, though it managed to maintain some of its inner workings temporarily.
As I understand it, that is talking about the gravity generators especially. So for a while down was down, until sideways was down. After that, it became much like giant caverns, with cities and the like in ruins on some of the walls, methinks. To survive, I don't think special suits would be needed, but you'd want to have a lot of options like flight, levitation, speed, etc. to get into the cities and such, or what's left of them, after that.But prior to that point, going in should be pretty easy. I presume that by that time they have the Matoran-making machines and other such machines out for example, and any other important basics.
Other things they might want are the factories on Metru Nui and Xia.
The Matatoran survived for a thousand years without that stuff. But they might have gotten some of it out. Keep in mind much of what was on Metru Nui was actually part of the Great Spirit's brain operation, rather than survival for the Matoran. And a lot of the rest is luxury, not essential.The one thing they would probably really need from there is the ability to mold new metal pieces as their old ones wear out to rebuild themselves. And that should be easily possible on Spherus Magna with the abundant resources and Agori/etc. to help. Plenty of protodermis to work from in the MU, and plenty of wood to make fires, etc. Or maybe they'll make fancier forge machines.
What about all the stuff in the archives
That was a museum for interest. The knowledge from it could also be helpful, but no reason they couldn't start over if necessary and make a new Archives. They didn't have them from the start after all. Or if they really valued them that much they might be able to get some things out even now (not sure if any are left intact though; the MU went through a lot thanks to TerryMac).
the great temple
As far as I recall, there was nothing uberspecial there. A Suva, extra masks, and extra tools; all stuff you could find all over the place, or make new ones.
the knowledge towers
Those just provided physical structures. Plain old huts and wooden structures and anything else can suffice just as they did on Mata Nui... and everywhere else in the MU. :P But how do you know, really, that they -won't- make new Knowledge Towers? An interesting possibility, heh.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Don't forget about Toa and Turaga of Iron - they can create Protodermis, including the type used for Kanohi.-TN05
I don't think they can create Kanoka... But I guess powerless masks would work. Also I would assume that some inventors like Nuparu or Velika would carry blueprints of some Kanoka/Kanohi making machines and can remake those even w/ materials on SM easily. Or at least, we still have Vakama's firestaff :P
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Also, there are still groups like the dark hunters running around; won't they cause trouble?
Well I guess they are smart enough to look for themselves first before causing any trouble. Survival on a giant desert isn't an easy thing to do. Also, most of the Toa had united and if the Dark Hunters were to cause any trouble they could be downed easily with the combined efforts of the Toa.
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Don't forget about Toa and Turaga of Iron - they can create Protodermis, including the type used for Kanohi.-TN05
I don't think they can create Kanoka... But I guess powerless masks would work.
The metal Kanohi are made of has to be empowered somehow for them to function as a Kanohi, even powerless Matoran masks. But they don't need to be made into Kanoka first.
Also, there are still groups like the dark hunters running around; won't they cause trouble?
Well I guess they are smart enough to look for themselves first before causing any trouble. Survival on a giant desert isn't an easy thing to do. Also, most of the Toa had united and if the Dark Hunters were to cause any trouble they could be downed easily with the combined efforts of the Toa.
It's not just a giant desert anymore, and it's huge. The Dark Hunters could carve out a kingdom for themselves, but I don't think they'll do that, because their job requires them to be part of another society. They could still pose a threat to the Toa, because the Toa are few. Though Teridax's reign brought them together as allies, so some of the Hunters might not be so quick to turn on the Toa.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Yes, but it will take some time for them to regroup and go after the Toa/Matoran/Agori/Glatorian. Hopefully the four groups are putting the time to good use (getting defenses...).The Dark Hunters are operating sans leader. Unless TSO reappears, they have no incentive to oppose the Toa, really, and the two groups' mutal hatred of Teridax will likely keep them together. I see them less as an organized force that will openly go after the Toa, but the former members will likely engage in theft and other such crimes against Matoran/Agori.The bigger problems the Toa and Glatorian are facing are the Golden Skakdi and the whole GB/Marendar mess.

Well, it seems that just about everything that would regard the Matorans' survival has basically been explicitly covered at some point, but if not, I'm sure that the Matoran, still settling into life on Spherus Magna, would be able to either replicate of retrieve their previous technology from the Matoran Universe to maintain their population and survive.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012