Sanctuary

otter

Aha, it appears you have made it to my small little lodge. Very well, then, I guess that means you wish to join us in the fight against the Ul'kar? Yes? Very good. Let me tell you about this place before hand.

First, the various factions you might meet:

Factions/Groups/Teams

The Children of the Well

The Children of the Well are a rather dominant faction within the caverns. They are based in Av-Metru, though they have a smaller temple in Outpost Central, and nearly every outpost within the caverns has a small shrine dedicated to the well. They are led by an enigmatic Toa known only as the Blinded Visionary, who never shows his eyes to anybody. He claims to be the first to look upon the well, and the only one to have learned all it's secrets. And for that, he was blinded.

The Cult of Ul'kar

These are those beings who, in their insanity, have come also to think of the Ul'kar as a God, and continue to worship it. They are hostile to the Children of the Well, believing them fools who will be destroyed, while they shall delight in the Ul'kar's rapture. For them, any dark place among the tunnels is a place of worship, any cavern where the mist goes thin is where the power of the Ul'kar runs strong. They are led by a seemingly singular mass of the Ul'kar, which calls itself singly Kar, and claims to be the consciousness of the Great Being who created the Ul'kar. It takes any form it so wishes, hardening or softening its mass alternately.

Council of Light

This is the Av-Metru Council, and every being under the surface is subject to their jurisdiction-no matter who they are. Though, in recent years, the Council's power has waned, and the lack of a centralized govenment, the lack of a central power is showing as more and more beings fall to crime within the tunnels-or go to the Cult.

And, of course, you can always create your own.

Mhm. Creating your own is fun.

After that, some of the various locations you might wish to explore:

Locations

Kra Karda

The Heart of Shadows, formerly the largest city in the caverns. Overrun by the Ul'kar, only a few adventures dare ever to go there, to see if there are treasures that may be retrieved. The very ground there sucks at your feet, and if you stand too long in one place, you risk sinking within and never returning. And if you go there at the wrong time, you may just be swallowed immediately. The only building of note is the Suva Ul, where those who have come to worship the Ul'kar reside, near the outskirts of the city proper, built upon true stone.

Av-Metru

The City of Light, the newest capital underground. Most of the Matoran and Agori live here, with Toa and Glatorian who aren't out scouting here to protect them. The major source of attraction is the Well of Light in the centre of the city, where the mysterious mists that give light to the caverns seem to originate, and flow out from. There are two buildings near it: The Council building, where the governing body of the City resides, and the Temple of the Heart, also known as the Suva Karda. The Children of the Well, as they call themselves, are a dominant force among the many small towns within the caverns.

Outpost Central

The last large town within the caverns, Outpost Central is the last refuge for those planning to go further out into the tunnels. Of course, there are smaller outposts ranging out, though they can't truly be considered towns, or safe. There is a constant contingent of Glatorian and Toa stationed here, and the guards control the city.

Such wonderful lands to go to, no?

And, finally, we have your rules, rewards, and punishments. Oh, and profile rules. Those are important too.

Basic profile guideline:

Name:

Species and Gender: Toa, Glatorian, Agori, Matoran, Skrall, Vorox, Vortixx, Skakdi, etc. Custom with approval. No playing as Ul'kar without my telling you you can. No hoping that I'll just approve them. Male, Female, Neither, Indeterminate.

Appearance: At least two full sentences.

Weapons and Possessions:

Mask: Name the mask, and the power it has. Custom allowed with approval.

Powers: At least two full sentences describing them.

Faction: Children of the Well, Ul'kar Cult, Council, Make Your Own.

Biography: At least fifty words.

Post your profiles in the discussion topic and wait for approval. Once approved, put them in the Profiles topic. Only one post in the profile topic, please-don't want it to get cluttered, do we? As well, the limit: Five profiles per person.

Rules

1. All BZP rules apply.

2. All BZPRPG rules apply.

3. I shall approve your profiles, not you.

3.5. Your Profiles shall be posted in the discussion topic for approval. Then, 1 post in the profile topic. No exceptions.

4. No OOC only posts. That's what the discussion is for.

5. R-E-S-P-E-C-T

6. No canon characters...unless rewarded.

7. No Nova Blasts.

8. Have fun.

9. Pillow fights are allowed and encouraged.

Rewards

Rewards can range from many IC things, such as a higher position in your faction, new equipment, a second Kanohi, or the ultimate: My hiring you to work as staff under me for this RPG. However, assume that Rewards shall always be rather random.

Who wants a Mithril sword?

Punishments

I have no set system for punishments-any rule breaking shall be judged on a case-by-case basis, and the punishment shall be given out accordingly. If you think it's unfair, drop me a line and we'll work something out. Otherwise, everything is final.

You break rules, your sword gets broked. Or worse.

Well, awesome. Start setting up those profiles, people! Here's a Blank:

Name:Species and Gender:Appearance:Weapons and Possessions:Mask: Powers: Faction: Biography:

Now that that is all said and done, have fun! Pillowfights!

Links:

The Crypt, Hunted.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Well, might as well start things off...Name: CliffSpecies and Gender: Female SkrallAppearance: Cliff is unusual for a female Skrall. She’s shorter than average, but much brawnier than most females. She wears typical male Skrall armour, black with red highlights, which clash with her light green eyes, as well as having the distinctive hunched shoulders of male Skrall.Weapons and Possessions: A protosteel sabre, as well as a backpack filled with a length of hand-made rope, a few stone hand axes, and a full gourd of water.Mask: n/aPowers: While having no elemental powers, Cliff is a particularly strong, fast and quick-witted warrior (while lucid). She also has a higher tolerance for pain than most beings.Faction: NeutralBiography: Beginning life as a small, sickly child of the Skrall, Cliff was never physically or mentally fit enough to contribute much to the society. Because of this, at a young age, she was sent to live in the harsh wilderness of Bara Magna, as a means of character building. The years of isolated survival worked, in that she became a formidable warrior, at the price of much of her sanity.After the Ul’kar attacked the residents of Spherus Magna, Cliff found herself underground, joining in the daily struggle to live until the next morning, something that has become ingrained into her. She has attempted to become a force of good and justice after hearing so many stories about heroes, but her lapses in sanity, and her general mean streak, cause major problems with that.P.S. Congratulations on your win, Grochi! :biggrin: -Void

Edited by Emissary to the Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Name: KublaiSpecies and Gender: Male SkrallAppearance:“Only a fool judges a being on their appearance alone. You see an old and scarred Skrall, while a wise being would see someone intelligent enough to have survived many battles. It is a shame you will not live long enough to become a wise being. Don’t bother responding. Tis rather hard to do when fluid is bubbling out of a hole in your throat…”Kublai is old and he has seen many battles that much is evident just from looking at him. His body is a mess so much so that his armor cannot hide all the scars upon him. They crisscross his body like a roadmap and it is a testament to his skill that he has survived this long. His eyes are a bright red and they gleam with a swift and cunning intellect. His is colored in the typical fashion for a Skrall, though the white scars give him a very different look. He is well-muscled and in shape, as fits his lifestyle.Weapons and Possessions:“Shows of wealth and power are for those who fear they do not have these things. Take only what is needed or what prudence dictates and redirect your funds into something useful. Like training a military, it honestly astounds me how many rulers this simple lesson escapes.”A tribal design blade, called “Lucvis”. It is an old weapon and it should have ceased function years ago but the loving care Kublai put into maintaining it has offset the weight of the years. It is just as deadly now as it was when it was first forged, more so now that it is in the hands of a skilled warrior. He also wields a razor shield, scarred and pitted to the point where the original designs are long gone…but still effective nonetheless. Kublai is a nomad at heart and his only other possessions are the materials needed to live comfortably in the dangerous wilds of the caves. Most of them are light weight enough to carry on his back. He owns a few books and texts, but beyond that, nothing but the essentials. The essentials include a light set of scale armor.Mask: “Masks? Useful. It is quite unfortunate that their powers are wasted on those to weak or ineffectual to battle the threat that faces us. If we could but harness their power….but I suspect I do not have the time for such a venture. Perhaps later.”None. Being a Skrall he has neither the inclination nor the ability to use them. He doesn't begrudge others their use and admits that they are quite useful. Indeed, he finds the nature of masks quite interesting and if he had the time and the funds he would pry into the powers behind them with a will. But due to the events of the recent past and the not-so-recent past he no longer has the time or the inclination to spend his time in such a way. He has work to do and unfortunately, such exciting experiments must be put on hold until he and everything around him are not in danger of being consumed by a massive organism that seems to life for tormenting other sentients.Powers: “Do not insult me fool. You wield that blade like a toy. Do you know the battles this blade has seen? It has seen thousands of beings die screaming. It has tasted their blood as their lives ended. I know every groove and every scar this weapon has on it. It is an extension of my will. Prepare to die.”He is an exceptionally capable melee combatant. When he moves it is a thing of deadly beauty he knows his weapons and their unique attributes on an almost instinctual level. It would be more accurate to say his weapons are a part of him rather than a mere tool he lugs about. He also quite clever and well-spoken having self-educated himself at some point in the past, he is a canny and clever opponent and is an able commander. His only weakness might be his copious amounts of self-confidence; the concept of failure has long escaped him. He will win or he will die trying, there is no other option.Faction:“The Children are weak and held back by a petty and foolish philosophy. The blind fool who leads them is likely a charlatan or worse. I have no respect for them. The Ul’Kar will consume them as it does everything else. That cult who worships it should have been wiped out long ago and yet the Children still fail to do so. Disgraceful. The Council has not stepped in and they are losing their power quickly…in this time of crises a strong government is what is needed and yet, here we are. This will doom us unless someone acts. Order is needed to face the darkness. I will bring that order.”Him, himself and he. Kublai has no respect for the ruling factions and considers them weak and ineffectual or in some cases, outright crazy and worthy only of extermination. He seeks to overthrow them and replace them with his own reign; a reign he believes will be strong enough to withstand the assault of the Ul’Kar. Times are hard much too hard to leave the fighting and ruling to mere politicians what the world needs is a warlord and that is what Kublai intends to give them. Debate will not defeat the Ul’Kar only the protosteel and bravery of warriors and the cleverness and guile of scholars can do that. He has the sense to keep this to himself however….until the moment is right at least.Biography:“There is a fire inside and it is ignited by battle. When in battle everything becomes clear, your movements become crisp and clean and the world seems to slow down around you. Your weapons become a part of you, joining with you. In battle two things, sentient and weapon are one. This is the beauty of war.”Kublai has been a warrior all his life, wondering between Skrall tribes as a hired sword for as long as he can remember. He has learned much of warfare and death in his travels and many of those lessons were harsh indeed. They gave Kublai a very opinionated stance on the natural way of things. War, he has concluded, will always be with the people of the universe and that is, in its own way, a good thing. A totally peaceful society would have been crushed by the Ul’Kar but the violent nature and the constant wars have given them a fighting chance. War takes, it takes lives and loves, but it also gives. It gives power and weapons and bravery. It produces hero’s and great leaders and without it the universe would be a darker place.He fled from the Ul’Kar, knowing that attempting to face such a foe alone was both foolish and a waste of his life. When they arrived in the caves, Kublai dared to hope that the survivors would make ready their defenses and militarize to a huge extent. He was most disappointed when they instead settled and wait for their enemy to come to them. Kublai was not surprised when they were driven from their capital city and now the old warrior has concluded that if the survivors are too weak to fight the Ul’Kar on their own…then he will have to conquer them and mold them into a conquering horde, driven by a keen intellect and a reckless courage.He has set upon his task with a will, throwing himself into his studies of war and combat. He seeks to gather around him worthy warriors and comrades….then he will march on the Council.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Everybody seems to love Skrall... This guy hasn't been deemed worthy of an actual name though.

Name: SkrallSpecies and Gender: Male SkrallAppearance: Skrall is a Skrall, with black armour and red details. He is covered in scars and his armour is dented. He is missing his left eye.Weapons and Possessions: The standard Skrall sword, and a small pouch that he keeps on his waist. It is always filled with supplies.Mask: SKRALL MASK!Powers: Skrall has no 'powers', but is a skilled and physically powerful warrior. However, losing his eye resulted in his depth perception becoming terrible, and while he has gotten used to it, he is still not in optimal fighting condition.Faction: Outpost CentralBiography: Skrall was originally a normal Skrall warrior, until lost his eye to a Glatorian's blade in the Battle of Roxtus. It was found that he couldn't handle the injury, since it affected his depth perception and caused him serious problems.He had just begun learning how to fight with this disability when the Ul'kar struck. Skrall went underground with everyone else, helped others evacuate Kra Karda, and eventually made his way to Outpost Central, where he spends almost all of his time these days.

Edited by Bordakh Unit 227

Name: FortisSpecies and Gender: Male ToaAppearance: Average width for a Toa, but slightly on the short side, Fortis has an umistakable swagger to him that he honed for decades in the ghettos of Av-Metru. He doesn't look like much, but make no mistake, he's like quicksilver; his slightly starved looking, thin frame disguises leg muscles that can send him running at speeds somewhere between those of a Calix user and a Kakama user, and he's developed the natural muscles in the rest of his body so that he can catch onto ledges and rooftops that most other beings couldn't even dream of hanging on to. A canteen, filled with some form of drink that boosts his metabolism and energy in moments where he needs it - think Gatorade - hangs loosely from a stylish-looking utility belt that sags slightly around his waist.Weapons and Possessions: A long flyssa sword slung across his right shoulder that ends just at his left hip, as well as two daggers fastened to harnesses on his forearms; these harnesses and the weapons within - which Fortis uses for closer-range fighting - are disguised by a customized vest of his own design. He doesn't own much in the way of protective clothing, preferring to let his gait and aura act as his clothing.Mask: Calix, Mask of FatePowers: Power over Iron, skill with swords, an almost viper-like charm that he spent years honing; how else could he get what he wanted so easily when he grew up in a place like Av-Metru?Faction: Neutral, for now.Biography: Fortis was born a street urchin, and from his earliest days as a Matoran, he knew he would probably die as one.Av-Metru, contrary to its name, is not a shining beacon of light in the underground, a citadel of all that is pure and right. Fortis grew up in the darkest corners of the City of Light, in the outermost corners of Av-Metru; no faction's influence touched the "ghettos" in which he was raised, and so there was no one to protect each individual clan from each other individual clan. Fortis found his calling as a thief, with his light frame, quick movements, and born sense of charisma. As he grew and eventually became a Toa - with the help of a Toa Stone, stolen, of course - he perfected his little act: at first, his accent had been rough, patchy, and it changed every now and then, his clothes had been worn for days on end and finally ended up getting temporarily shelved in lieu of new ones, and his walk would sometimes shake with fear and self-doubt. As the decades rolled on, his accent sharpened and refined itself until it was as smooth and sharp as his sword, and his physical presence would create an unmistakable loyalty in the people of the ghettos.As time went on, Fortis became one of the undisputed overlords of the outskirts of Av-Metru, with a mishmash of traits that made him just crazy enough, just charming enough, just savvy enough, to take charge of the people of the ghetto and make the place his own personal little kingdom; it didn't take a lot of control to keep the place on a leash, and Fortis, now inflated with a sense of superiority and cockiness that was slowly spreading to "his people," started to turn his sights onto the city at large...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

"Those fools that worship that bumbling mass of goo Ul'Kar, they are in desperate need of reeducation."Name: TakatarSpecies and Gender: Toa. Male."You judge me by my LOOKS?! How very foolish of you; do you know how many lives that perception has taken?"Appearance: He is very lithe in appearance. He is very tall; almost one head taller than a skrall warrior. His armor is mostly black, with only the slightest amounts of purple giving away his status as a toa of gravity present on him.These purple parts are visible on his mask and on his back."I prefer to travel light. Too many possesions can weigh you down. But not mental possesions; no, the more knowledge you have, the lighter on your feet you will be."Weapons and Possessions: A saber in the shape of Phantoka Lewa's saber that is extremely sharp and tough, a shield he usually keeps on his back to protect him from backstabs, hidden blades, a black cloak, a collection of books: one on history, one on science, one on philosophy, and one on mathematics"Why do I wear a Kualsi? Simply because my studentsliv all across town and some of them are very, well, tight on their available times, and those students happen to be the ones that live across town from each other. Thus, ordinary modes of transportation are insufficient"Mask: Kualsi, the mask of quick travel"I am not simply learned in books young one; I have knowledge in the elements as well. That is the type of knowledge that lets you live another day; the difference between falling into an endless chasm or floating upwards safely unharmed."Powers: He has many years of experience with gravity. He has practiced a lot with his powers and has extensive knowledge of how to use them in creative ways. He is not the best of swordsmen, but he has had many years to hone his skills. He also has lots of knowledge over lots of subjects, including which tactics to use in battle and which plants can treat which injuries"Am I with the Children of the Well? No. I am not with the council either. But there is a thing I am AGAINST, and that things is Ul'Kar and the cult that worships him in all their lies and foolishness."Faction: Neutral, but against Ul'Kar and the cult."The Onu-Matoran believe that history canteach us many things about the present. I agree. If we don't know the mistakes our forefathers made, are we not doomed to repeat them?"Biography: A middle class toa in Av-Metru, he was one of the original migrants underground and has full recollection of the history of Kra-Karda and Av-Metru. He was a professor of history in one of Av-Karda's schools or a very long time, but when the academy was destroyed by a group of Cult members, he lost his job, and a lot of his friends too. He has recently made a living as a private tutor, but his activities against the cult can sometimes distract him form his job.

Edited by Constructman

Yeah...I like it, Constructman. Except for one thing, and that's the super fine-tuned control over Gravity. Supersonic speeds...that's a no-no. Instantly crushing something seems relatively OP, but that one I could somewhat see. Toa of Gravity do that all the time.But having something so fine-tuned enough to seem more like Telekinesis than Gravity? Yeah, I'd ask that you give him a Matatu if you want Telekinesis.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Welp, Lev, time to get your Ul'kar Cultist introduced, eh? I'm getting bored already with all the neutral people. xP
I'll start posting once I get my RPG up...
Whose the Communist Space Lich here Zev? :PNot you.
"Communism is the definition of failure." -Liberty PrimeAnd don't you mean "who's"? :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Let's see...Name: Sar'Jah Species and Gender: Skakdi, MaleAppearance: Leaner than most Skakdi. He has tan armor, with deep brown organic parts and core pieces. His face, like all Skakdi, has a constant grin, though Sar'Jah's looks more like a smirk than anything else. The rest of his face is quite thin, with extensions flowing off of his golden eyes. Weapons and Possessions: He has a satchel, filled with stones of various sizes, which he throws or uses in a sling, also stored in the bag. Sar'Jah keeps a dagger sheathed on his hip, and another one is stored beneath his lower left leg armor.Mask: N/APowers: Stone powers in conjunction with another Skakdi, and 'Lock-On' vision that allows him to keep track of a single target at a time, no matter how they dodge or hide.Faction: Loosely with the CouncilBiography: Sar'Jah is, and always will be, an explorer. He's very happy just going around and looking for places not found by anyone else. Though, since exploring doesn't pay well, if at all, he signed up with the Council to be a guide for those unsure in how to get around the caverns. Sar'Jah has never really used his powers, simply due to the personalities of the other Skakdi he's met. He doesn't remember much about his life on the surface, before the Ul'kar came, due to getting an concussion soon after entering the caves. Ta-Da.Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Name: Unknown, but she goes by Fury. Has a myriad of other titles she will also accept.Species and Gender: Sentient Sword, seems to be female.Appearance: Fury's appearance changes from time to time, when she gets bored of her old form. She always remains a sword, however, so it is unknown how much control over her container she has. At the moment, Fury is a rapier, with an exceptionally ornate hilt. The hilt is composed of several silver and gold bars curving up from the handle to form a roughly half-sphere hilt. The blade is a white metal of unknown origin, with black lettering in an archaic language down the blade. The sheath has matching lettering, written in a language so old no mask can translate it. The sheath is black, with gold detailing.Weapons and Possessions: Herself?Mask: N/APowers: Fury has few skills she can use by herself. Telepathy, and that is really it. When she is drawn from her sheath by another, however, she grants them several abilities. They lose access to their mask and elemental powers, but all physical attributes are doubled, and they gain an auric armor. The design depends on the Bearer. They also gain the ability to fire light or lightning attacks from Fury's tip. However, she may also attempt to gain control of their body.Faction: NoneBiography: Fury's past is known to no one other than herself, and she isn't talking. She has existed for countless centuries, outlived entire species, and quite possible predates civilization as we know it. There are many references to mythical sword throughout history, and chances are, most of them refer to her. She was once, long long ago, a physical being before she was imprisoned in her current vessel.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Name: ZacaxSpecies and Gender: A male Toa of FireAppearance: A tall, young, red and black Toa of fire, with a very lanky appearance, with long arms and legs. He wears a red mask of Kanohi copy, dark red torso armor with one shoulder pad (the right shoulder), no upper arm armor, with dark red guantlets with the fingers being gunmetal grey, thick leg armor (bottom legs are red, upper legs are dark red), Personality: Zac is a comical and slightly oblivious Toa of Fire, with an OCD nature, which he developed in his time here. He may seem oblivious or not carig, but In battle shows other wise, and he is very caring, just very hard to read him...Faction; Children of the WellWeapons and Possessions: Two twin katanas and a sword with a bent handle (like a gun's handle), a staff with a thin gear with sharp teeth that can be spun, either as a cutter, or to pierce the enemy.Mask: (Pre-approved by Kal)Mask of Kanohi Copy, a mask that can copy a mask power that is currently being used. The user can switch to another mask as well. However, the user can only copy mask powers when they are activated and/or being used.Powers: As a Toa of Fire, Zacax can have control of fire and summon it as well. He often shoot fire balls, and can use the fire to turn into a fiery blade IF he looses his weapons.Biography:An inventor, an apprentice, and a weapon's expert, Zacax is a an intelligent Toa who resides in a hut with his brother, sister and his tutor. He was a matoran who was sent to Karzahni to be repaired after a Kikanalo incident, meaning he has a fear of Kikanalo. He was trained by his mentor for many, many years. He even was best friends with an assasin, who still is to this day.Now he lives among the others here in this underground world, wishing he could see the daylight again.He wishes to find a way out rather than stay here, and so, people think he is a bit insane. He constantly makes tools to dig a tunnel out of this place and wishes to see the sun.

Edited by IX. Dymex

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Well, here is my character. I don't know how often I'll be able to post, but I'll try:Name: AlmornSpecies and Gender: Male Toa of FireAppearance: Almorn’s primary color is bright red and his secondary color is yellow. He has a triangular-shaped metal plate over his heartlight; this plate serves as the link between his powers and his rifle and cannot be removed.Weapons and Possessions: Combat knife for hand-to-hand combat. Primary weapon is as Nyvrah Ghost-built elemental rifle. The rifle, which is permanently bonded to Almorn, draws from his own elemental power and can fire bolts or ‘grenades’ formed from his element. The weapon amplifies his power, but only in very specific (i.e. destructive) ways. He also has a shoulder-mounted harness for a lightstone, and he usually carries three stones at a time. Additionally, he has a backpack with some rope, a crowbar, flint and steel, and a few other survival tools.Mask: Suletu, Great mask of telepathy.Powers: While Almorn has control over fire, his powers have been altered due to his bonded weapon. He can only channel his power through his rifle and his rifle can only use his elemental power destructively.Faction: Franon’s Elemental Scouts (A small group of former Nynrah Ghosts and battle-hardened Toa. They were dedicated to blazing trails and delving into unexplored tunnels and caverns in order to find resources for those who had fled from the Ul’kar. They possessed high-tech weapons, armor, and gadgets thanks to the Ghosts. Almorn thinks that he is the last one alive, but he hasn’t had the chance search for any other members.Biography: Almorn was a rookie before the Ul’kar appeared, and he wasn’t the best of Toa. His heart was in the right place and he did his best to help Matoran and Agori communities, but he was physically weaker than most Toa and he had trouble effectively controlling his power. Since he couldn’t defend his charges, he was forced to focus on more constructive tasks, such as maintaining furnace fires and assisting Matoran in repairing their vehicles.That changed when the Ul’kar showed up. After its initial attack, Almorn found out that a group of Toa, led by a Toa named Franon, was talking with former members of the Nynrah Ghosts. Their hope was that they could better defend themselves against the ‘creature’ through technology and Almorn wanted in. To his surprise they recruited him and he was one of the first to be bonded to and elemental rifle. This weapon finally allowed him to easily control his power, as long as it was used to destroy, and he became stronger thanks to hours of drills and exercises with Franon and the other veterans.When the Ul’kar reappeared and the war began, Franon’s group fought back as hard as they could and Almorn was often on the front-lines. After he survived his first few battles, it was discovered that he actually had leadership potential and he would later be put in charge of protecting Matoran, Agori, and other non-combatants whenever a settlement had to be evacuated. His position of permanent rear-guard allowed him to survive while others perished and this has caused him no end of guilt.When the Ul’kar finally pushed the survivors underground, Franon reorganized his group into the Elemental Scouts and assisted in exploring and clearing out numerous tunnels and caverns as the refuges went deeper. Almorn assisted with these operations, but he was soon given a special assignment. After setting up in Kra Karda, he was to be put in charge of a special squad who would explore the darker and less mist filled areas of the underground. The remaining Ghost were attempted to create special suits and other gadgets that would hopefully protect them from whatever was hiding in those areas. Unfortunately, this never occurred as the Ul’kar attacked again. Cut off from the rest of the Scouts, Almorn only had enough time escort a group of Matoran to Av-Metru before Kra Karda was flooded. However, he was still able to witness Franon being consumed by the monster.Due to his high-tech weaponry and veteran status, Almorn has been ‘drafted’ by the Council and is on almost constant guard duty at one outpost or another. He doesn’t mind too much, protecting others is his duty as a Toa and a Scout, but the near constant battles are taxing. He thinks that he is the only Scout left alive, but he hasn’t had a break recently and as a result hasn’t been able to search Av-Metru for any of his comrades. Some of them might still live. He has also entertained the thought of returning to Kra Karda in order to retrieve what the Ghosts had been working on. He knew they were close to finishing, but he doesn’t know where the project might be.

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."