Violet Orange Trouble Evolved 4: Kings and Lunatics

Kal the Guardian

IC: SableSeeing no point in being there, he shouted to Gwd to meet him at Paktii's lab. With that, he exploded into a cloud of sand, and let the wind carry him right to Paktii's doorstep.Gathering himself as soon as he was inside, he saw Monik's new weapon, and grinned, literally, ear-to-ear. 'I want one.' He grabbed the hilt, and closed his eyes, before opening them, and extracting an identical weapon from his gut. 'And now I have one. I think I'll call it a "swip".'

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: 'Ta' (Outside Maze Craze)He was bored. The absolute definition of bored, not that he knew what is was. Ta wasn't even sure what the definition of definition was. Why was he thinking about definition? Oh, right. Boredom. So, being the bored Vortixx he was, 'Ta' decided to go for a walk. And so he walked and was bored. That ended when he ran into another Vortixx, with yet another one behind him. (Gwd & Sevorik) Some would think that this was some sort of reunion. 'Ta' didn't put much into thinking, however, so he just blankly stared at the two from his position on the ground. He had fallen, but didn't know if the one he ran into did or not. 'Maybe watching fire while walking not good idea.'OOC: Just to clarify, 'Ta' ran into Gwd, not Sevorik. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Vortixx form) - Underhorror Alley (with Sevorik and 'Ta')Gwd looked at the king, trying to hide the concern on his face - which was difficult, because being a natural Vortixx himself, Sevorik could read Gwd's facial expressions very easily. Something was wrong with him. Sevorik seemed slightly confused, but beyond that, Gwd had nothing to go on. He found himself wishing that Paktii was here; he had noticed that the talkative Fe-Toa wore a Mask of Intuition. But he quickly realized that he did not, in fact, want Paktii around more than necessary.Gwd's thoughts were interrupted by yet another Vortixx ('Ta') bumping into him. Since Gwd only had a body mass equal to a Toa's, he fell violently to the ground, as opposed to the newcomer, who just sort of lost his balance and fell backwards. "Maybe watching fire while walking not good idea," said the stranger, without getting up."No, probably not," replied Gwdkwowhi from the ground, pulling himself up after speaking. It was obvious now that there were two real Vortixx present that Gwdkwowhi was a head-and-half shorter than them. "Say, I'm pretty hungry. Know of any good places to eat around here?"He actually wasn't hungry (he could fix that), but he needed to pack on some weight before Survival. Right now, he was hopelessly outclassed.IC: Paktii - Paktii's LabPaktii dodged Artorre's knife (even though its flight path went nowhere near him). "Well, if you're not sure if you like blunt weapons, there's a good way to check." Paktii handed Artorre a heavy piece of scrap metal laying around; it was roughly the shape of a mace. "Go ahead and hit something with that a few times. If you like it, I can refine it to be a bit more aerodynamic." Paktii noticed, with some concern, that there was nothing in his lab to hit but cabinets. Unless you counted the other living beings, but it should be obvious enough that Paktii didn't mean that. Actually, he should probably clarify. It was Violet Orange, after all. "Er, hit something that's not alive, of course."Paktii jumped as Sable entered. "NO! No, please, whatever you do, don't call it that!" he shouted in a panic.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Paktii (Paktii form - oh wait wrong character) - Paktii's LabPaktii put his hands on his head in distress. This was getting out of control. He couldn't just let this happen - the world wasn't ready for the swip. Well, the weapon itself was nothing extraordinary, but a silly name like that in the wrong hands could cause untold suffering... worst of all, it could be traced back to him."How about... ah, uh, whiord? Cause, you know, it's really more whip than sword if you think about it, I mean, the way you use it. Er, no, that's stupid too. Um, maybe The Smiter? Unless it's taken. It might be taken. It's probably taken. It's also stupid."He put his head in his hands and moaned. "Ohhh nooo this is bad..."He came to his senses only when Kassermoon asked for a swip. "Yeah, I could make you one, if A. you promise never, ever to call it a swip, because it's not a swip, and B. you'll probably have to pay me because these materials aren't cheap. I mean, iron doesn't just appear out of thin air. I have to make it do that! I only invent weapons for free, 'cause inventing is fun. Making something I already invented, not so much."OOC: This is getting rather silly!

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Monik"He asked for it not to be called a swip, you can't call it a swip, it would be WRONG." As he yelled 'WRONG' he pressed against the sand sword-whip with telekinesis trying to crush it.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: Pretty sure posts in the RPing topic have a five sentence minimum, guys.Edit: Three, but still.Artorre stared at the weapon everyone was fighting over, deep in thought. Finally, he spoke. "How about you change the design slightly, and call it... A Momentum-Activated Double-Helical Automatic Truncater? MADHAT for short." There was an awkward silence. "I'll stick to bludgeoning cabinets," he said, and turned around to smack one with his mace.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC: Paktii - Paktii's LabPaktii sighed and shook his head. This was a lost cause. After putting together a swip/M.A.D.H.A.T. for himself (never hurts to have an experimental weapon around), he turned his attention back to his pathetically un-portable computer. The problem was the screen. It worked by electrocuting gases or something like that and it was huge, heavy, and unwieldy. Paktii, on a whim, made a small piece of metal in his hand. He had designed it to have a specific property, but he would have to test it. Paktii, dodging a mace swing from Artorre, grabbed some wires from a mangled cabinet. He hooked up one end of a wire to a battery, and the other end to the piece of metal. Nothing happened. Paktii scratched his head. A crashing sound from behind him distracted him. "If you like blunt weapons," he shouted to Artorre without turning around, "please let me know so I can get you a better one and so you can test it on something other than my furniture please!" Paktii frowned at the end of that sentence. It wasn't quite grammatically octopus.He turned back to the test harness and realized his problem: he had forgotten to complete the circuit. It was an easy enough mistake to make. Except that it was the most basic concept in electronics. It had been a long day.Paktii hooked up the remaining wire to the battery and experimental metal plate, and it turned black. He removed the wire, and it turned silver again. Paktii grinned. He could build a makeshift screen out of that. Except it wouldn't light up like a normal computer... might be hard to see in the dark. Paktii grabbed a lightstone and glued it onto the panel. Problem solved!Paktii sat down at his workbench, now dedicated to the task of making a grid of tiny pieces of that metal and wiring it so the computer could turn the panels on and off. And not wiring like a total newb like he had a few minutes ago. Paktii adjusted his mask and went to work.IC: Gwdkwowhi - Underhorror Alley (near City Square)Gwdkwowhi suddenly remembered that he had abandoned Karorahk without a word. He bowed quickly to Sevorik and nodded at 'Ta', and ran back to the City Square."Sorry about that, Karorahk, I'm back now. So what are you going to do now? I'm afraid I can't come with you if you're going back to the Outskirts... I think I want to compete in this crazy tournament."

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Artorre: Paktii's Lab:Artorrre stared at Kassermoon. "Wait, you mean you don't hate it? Interesting." He then turned to Paktii. "Eh, I'm not a fan of blunt weapons. Anything I should know about fighting with one, though? If I remember correctly, there's an event in Trouble involving a rusty mace. Anyway, my apologies regarding the cabinet. But hey, we can take it outside and burn it now, considering it's not good for much else at this point."

IC: Paktii - Paktii's LabPaktii looked up from his screen. One row of a hundred tiny dots done. Ninety-nine more to go... and hopefully everything was wired properly."Tips for blunt weapons? Swing hard. Swing smoothly, too... if you try to stop it at the end of swing you'll probably break your arms. Or at least make them very tired and sore, and in the middle of a fight, tired and sort might as well be broken.""Yeah, I suppose we should burn - waitaminute no not yet-" Paktii rushed to the cabinet to check for valuables. There was, interestingly, nothing in this one but the inert Toa Stone that had made him a Toa. He picked it up and gazed at it, remembering his home, his friends, and his brother, whom the Stone was meant for. For once in his life, Paktii was quiet and contemplative.

IrMSNn3.png

OOC: Oh, sad memory time.IC: Artorre: Paktii's Lab:Artorre, too, was silent, remembering the way he became a Toa. In particular, his deceased friend. Finally, he spoke, his voice nearly a whisper. "I know the feeling." Then he seemed to snap out of it as he said, "Wow, this got real depressing real fast. Can we burn the cabinet now, or do you have any more items of sentimental value in it?"

OOC: I know, right? I don't know why I got in the dark, dramatic mood all of a sudden.IC: Paktii - Paktii's LabPaktii quickly scanned the cabinet, removing a dust bunny that he felt a certain affection for. "Nope, we're good. Hey, I'll throw metal at it while you burn it. That sounds like fun!"IC: Gwdkwowhi (Vortixx form) - Underhorror City SquareKarorahk seemed to be doing fine, so Gwd resumed his original plan of finding something to eat. He stepped onto a teleportation pad, and attempted to imitate the being who had gone before him by pressing the orange button. To his surprise, there was no orange button."Wha..?" He scanned the panel but found nothing. He poked the panel randomly, but nothing happened. "Do you have a pass?" said an impatient voice behind him."A pass for what?" Gwd asked."For the GPG network.""Oh... didn't know you needed a pass. Sorry." He stepped off the pad and let the other being go in front of him. He very clearly pressed the orange button which Gwdkwowhi had previously been unable to locate. That was some interesting technology.There was apparently a slight delay before one was teleported, so Gwdkwowhi risked a question. "Where's a good place to eat in Underhorror?"The being grunted. "Maze Craze, I guess. It's mostly for drinking, though."Gwdkwowhi remembered seeing signs for the place as he was running toward the square. It was worth a shot, so he set off running in that direction.OOC: I have to wonder - is the whole invisible-button thing related to how you can't look directly at a horror terror? I know that the latter is mostly just Paktii's theory and is totally unconfirmed.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Sable'Ooh, is it time for remembering depressing things already? I usually schedule that for the evening.' He thought back to how he became a being of sand and willpower. It was... painful, to say the least. But luckily, he was a being of strong mind. His body was destroyed, but his mind was not. Instead, it latched onto the nearest mass to it. This just happened to be a mound of sand.Shaking his head, he looked at the cabinet. 'Tell me, what did this cabinet ever do to you?' He almost felt sorry for the cabinet, despite it being an inanimate object.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Paktii - Paktii's Lab"Er, well, not all furniture should spontaneously combust." Paktii said nervously. "Particularly the ones I own; I actually prefer most of my own furniture when they're not on fire. Well, except this one. This one is an exception. Because it's already broken."He started to pull the cabinet outside so that there would be no further delay in the pyrotechnics (and ferrotechnics. If that was a word. It was now. Paktii decided to make a dictionary full of words that he invented. Someday. When he had time. Not now. He had a cabinet to burn. Well, Artorre was going to burn it. He was just going to throw things at it. Which was still fun. Paktii adjusted his mask.)IC: Gwdkwowhi (Vortixx form) - Outside Maze CrazeGwdkwowhi walked into Maze Craze, panting. Before he entered, he changed himself into an approximation of a Skakdi - for the bigger mouth. After all that running, he actually was pretty hungry.He mentally noted where Paktii's lab was on the way; it was hard to miss, as he and a few other beings were hauling a broken cabinet outside and making threats, presumably to the cabinet. He sighed. Underhorror.Gwd walked up to the bar and found the being that looked like he ran the place, or at least would serve something. He put a few coins on the bar and said "What do you have to eat? I'll take three helpings."OOC: Open for interaction

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Monik"The most depressing thing that happened to me was when my best friend was kidnapped by dark forces and when I went to rescue him I was captured too, but it has a happy ending; I got to join the Hunters, hunting out darkness. That's why they call themselves Dark Hunters."Monik said, clearly not knowing that the dark hunters were the ones who kidnapped his friend in the first place."I lift that." he said walking over to the cabinet, he placed his claws under it and lifted it above his head, then he took his hands off and rubbed his arms. "That's heavy." he said with it still floating above him. Then he put his hands back on it and took it outside. "Where do you want this?"

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: MonikMonik put the cabinet down and said. "This cabinet has done wrong it must pay for what it has done, or didn't do, or something like that."

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Paktii - Paktii's LabPaktii threw a hunk of metal at the cabinet. It hit with a satisfying crunch, sending wood fragments soaring into the air. "I'm not trying to enact any justice here. I just need to let off some steam. And the cabinet was already broken, so no harm done, right?" He threw another lump, and a shard of wood snapped off and hit him in the mask. "Ow! Bad cabinet! You'll pay for that!" Abandoning ranged attacks, Paktii ran up and hit it with its warhammer.IC: Gwdkwowhi (Skakdi form) - Maze CrazeGwd paused for breath after wolfing down his first course. It seemed to be some sort of Rahi steak. In any case, it was actually better than he was used to out in the wilds. He looked around, somewhat self-conscious; eating in Skakdi form was not a dignified business and he was only doing it because he needed to be quick.Gwd noticed that there was a corner of the pub that he couldn't quite look at directly. He wondered if there was another hidden teleport button there. He would have to ask somebody about it.Or try it himself. What harm could it do? The only other thing he knew of that you couldn't look at was a horror terror, and there was no chance that a horror terror was hanging out in an Underhorror bar. Right?Despite himself, Gwd couldn't get over the feeling that something in that corner was watching him.OOC: Still open for interaction.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great IVKassermoon let his instincts take over, and took to tearing chunks out of the cabinet with his bare hands, screeching all the while. He was a Rahkshi, after all. He had a duty, even if he didn't know it, and this duty most definitely involved random violence.

Edited by Bordakh Unit 227

IC: Artorre: Underhorror:Artorre sighed. "I said burn the cabinet, not brutalize it." The main pile of cabinet remnants then burst into flames, the poor cabinet finally escaping its misery. At least, that's what he liked to think. We all know cabinets can't feel, right? (Or can they?) Anyways, sticks were gathered and some fruits were roasted over the fire, despite the fact that they were horrible cooked and had a tendency to explode when heated too quickly, and everyone's stomach was filled. After this, Artorre departed to the teleporter and waited for the games to start.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Skakdi form) - Maze CrazeGwdkwowhi smelled something edible but hardly so coming from outside. Intrigued, and finished with his first meal, he went outside to investigate. The cabinet that Paktii and friends had been threatening later was now a bonfire, and they were roasting a certain fruit over it. Gwd shrugged and joined in. A few more calories couldn't hurt.Paktii turned to him. "And... uh, who are you?" A random orange Skakdi had just come up and started roasting fruit over his late cabinet. Granted, things like this were not unusual in Underhorror. Gwd turned. "I'm Gwdkwowhi," he said with his mouth full; it sounded more like "gwuwuwuh". He swallowed. "Remember me from the opening ceremony?""Oh right, you. You're always orange, right? I'll just watch for the orange." Paktii went back inside to work on his makeshift portable computer screen. He had to hurry on that if he wanted to use his scanner in Trouble.OOC: Gwdkwowhi open for interaction.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great IVNow that the mindless destruction was over, Kassermoon had become bored. He walked over to the nearest corner and sat, humming a tune to himself. Kassermoon was so absorbed in his own little world that he barely noticed the strange orange-skinned newcomer.

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Skakdi form) - Outside Paktii's LabGwdkwowhi nodded a greeting at Sable; his mouth was full so he didn't particularly want to say anything else. He gagged as the roasted fruit actually paused on his tongue on its way to his throat. It was horrible. He quickly swallowed and considered his binge finished. He had probably gained a good couple of pounds; it might come in handy. He shifted back to a Toa's form; Skakdi annoyed him and he only needed that form for the big mouth.Gwd looked around in lieu of any real way to tell time underground. "They said that the event would be starting in two hours. How long has it been, do you think?"

IrMSNn3.png

OOC: I have to wonder - is the whole invisible-button thing related to how you can't look directly at a horror terror? I know that the latter is mostly just Paktii's theory and is totally unconfirmed.
Totally not that. It physically isn't there. Maybe it's magic? Or maybe I don't know either and just said it to make it seem cooler than it was.
OOC: Pretty sure posts in the RPing topic have a five sentence minimum, guys.Edit: Three, but still.
He's right, guys. Don't forget it.Also, totally my fault for not posting this a week ago. I have no excuse, also Halo 4 is just around the corner. Plus less and less people participate in these RPGs as time goes by. It's a sad thing to see. As time goes by as in each three months but mostly over these past few years.GM:Slater shut his door, locking it behind him. He took off his robe, folding it and setting it aside. After a quick prayer for safety, Slater went over to an old box and picked it up, setting it aside. Slater admired the chest that he had uncovered. It had several locks on it and a built in puzzle in order to access it. Slater unlocked what was necessary and completed the puzzle, which he had memorized. With a hiss of released air, Slater slowly opened the chest.Several Kanoka disks were revealed, some of the most sought after items down below the ground. Slater inspected several of them, before grabbing the one he needed. He relocked the chest and put the old box back on top of it before grabbing his robes, once again donning them. He slipped the disk inside his robes and unlocked his door, descending to where Hexxon was.Along the way down, Slater knocked on a seemingly random door. No one answered and Slater yelled, “KALUS, GET YOUR HIDE OUT HERE!” This time noise came out from behind the door, as if someone was shoving aside items of junk to get to the door. The sound came closer and then the door flew open, revealing a stark white Ko-Matoran with a strange looking orange mask that slightly resembled the Vahi. Slater growled at him, “Hexxon is taking another load up to the most honorary big nasties.” Slater poked the Matoran in the chest, “You get the privilege of leading him. Now go. I have to go meet with Shadouk. Something has… come up. And it’s Trouble.”Kalus raised one eyebrow, “You mean literally or-““GET GOING!” Slater yelled, shoving the levitation disk into Kalus’s hands. Kalus obeyed, rushing down the stairs. It took a few minutes, but the Matoran finally reached Hexxon. A sled was also in the room, looking more like a box than anything. Kalus inserted the disk into a slot on the side and nodded his head in approvement as it lifted off the ground.The Matoran seemed unimaginably youthful, as if age had never touched him. Except for his orange mask, he was all white, and would probably be lost in a blizzard, if Draxion the Weatherman didn’t hate the cold and made it snow instead of raining all the time. He grabbed a robe, pulling it on, nodding to Hexxon, “Well, let’s get this over with. The gods aren’t too happy with a slow-coming sacrifice.”Meanwhile, Garett looked up from his normal business. Many beings began to gather at the other end of his warehouse. Then he remembered and asked the time to a nearby Matoran. His answer was five minutes to survival. Not much of an answer, that.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

IC: Paktii - Paktii's LabWith a satisfying click, the last piece of Paktii's computer went back together. Well, Paktii put it back together. Obviously it didn't go back together on its own, even though some parts of the process might have seemed like that had one forgotten that he was a Toa of Iron and able to control metal with his mind.He stepped outside to test it (pretty much everyone that had previous been in his lab was now outside mourning the cabinet that they had murdered) when he heard Gwdkwowhi ask the time. Paktii checked his watch - it was only 4:00. It had also been 4:00 during the opening ceremony, so either they had plenty of time, or they were twenty-two hours late. Then he remembered that it had also been 4:00 four hours prior to the opening ceremony and realized that his watch was broken. He sighed. Another thing from his homeland that wasn't good for anything but memories.Paktii stepped back inside his lab to check the clock hanging on the wall. It was considerably more accurate and informed him that they had five minutes to get where they needed to be. He stepped back outside to answer the question."It's been about an hour and fifty-five minutes. So it's time for Trouble!" He stuffed his newly-portable computer in his pack. "Oof." It was not quite as portable as he had hoped. He certainly wouldn't be able to run very fast, and he'd probably have to drop the pack to do any fighting. Still, it was worth it to have a scanner on the trip. For science. Which was the whole reason he was going. He started off towards Maze Craze and the teleport pad that was located there.Gwdkwowhi stood up and followed him. "So... I don't have a teleport pass. How am I supposed to get to Garret's warehouse?"Paktii thought. "You can go with me - if we're touching when I teleport, you'll go too. Just take my hand."Gwdkwowhi held hands with Paktii, feeling awkward."We'll make it. I swear."OOC: I have had very few problems with the 3-sentence rule :P I'm starting to get the feeling I should be writing an epic instead...

IrMSNn3.png

IC: MonikMnik was telekinetically holding fruit over the fire to roast it when Paktii called out the time. "Where is trouble." He said as he jumped up and looked around. " Oh, you mean the games. Well let's go." he said, running up to a wall with his claws in rock climbing form, he climbed the wall and jumped off, switching to wing-claw form and began gliding towards the teleporter, even though it would have been faster just to walk.OOC: I have a hard time with the three post limit.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Tower of Terror - UnderhorrorHexxon watched as Kalus entered the room with a Kanoka disk in hand. As the strikingly pale Matoran deposited the rarity into the sled, he stepped over to his side and waited for the vehicle to rise. "Indeed. It would be a most unpleasent experience for all of us," the Toa of Psionics answered, walking toward to the transport. "I will pray for Godspeed along the way."IC: Garret's Warehouse - Underhorror"Well, shouldn't be too long now," Reptak said, wishing to break up the monotone. "The anticipation of sharpening my skills in combat by crushing our opponents is nearly killing me."

IC: The Almighty Lord Kassermoon Strongsteel von Awesome the Great IV"Did somebody say Trouble!?" Kassermoon leapt to his feet as he said this, competely forgetting that he wasn't supposed to care about the contest. Without saying another word, he sprinted straight towards the teleporter, managing knock over several people and smack face first into a wall a few times.