Violet Orange Trouble Evolved 4: Kings and Lunatics

Kal the Guardian

IC: Tower of Terror - UnderhorrorHow could he focus with all that din outside? True, all the priests here were hopelessly insane, uttering all sorts of noise during their violent mood swings. But now it sounded much more... interesting... than usual, even worth his attention.Hexxon lifted himself from his position on the pillow, quickly wrapping up his prayers as he did so. The door slammed shut behind him as he, too, climbed down the spiral stairway that wound the tower's length, pursuing the shrieks of Slater until he spotted the bright hue of his robes."What bothers you, Slater," Hexxon asked, "that is so dire as to disrupt our prayers?"

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: SableHe looked at Vertak with a quizically raised eyebrow. 'Who's this joker?' he said, pointing a thumb at Artorre. Sable's wings were constantly adjusting themselves into a new comfortable position, before he just decided to ditch them and absorbed them into his back.

Edited by Clockwork Kineticist

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Vertak, Underhorror:"I'm going to be quite frank with you." Vertak told Sable. "I have no idea."The Matoran shrugged and continued to walk towards the figure in the distance, humming for a few seconds before turning to Sable and speaking once again."However, some crazy guy did send me a message telling me to meet with him to discuss the King in the Maze Craze." he explained. "Judging by how he knows my name, I would assume he is the crazy guy."

IC: Artorre: Near Castle with Vertak and Sable:"I have absolutely no memory of that whatsoever," Artorre yelled, even though he was only a few bio away now. "That, however, does not diminish the chance that it happened at all." This was followed by a fit of gravelly laughter. "Anyway, my name's Artorre. One thing I do remember, is your name (Not that I remember where I heard it), and that you can out-drink some Zyglak. So, I decided moments ago to invite you to come with me to Maze Craze and that we'd see who could have the most drinks without passing out. A slightly smaller number of moments ago, however, I decided that was a terrible idea, considering I just woke up in a trash heap and dined in the house of a sleeping Matoran I've never seen before. This discussing the King business sounds like a great idea. Compared to the first, anyway."

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC: Vertak, Underhorror:Vertak had been staring at Artorre with a funny look, which he now transferred to Sable as he gestured towards his shield, sword and hammer."I've um... got myself covered, thanks." the Matoran said. "Plus there's the fact that, if I really wanted to, I could vanish from sight completely. But I don't and won't because I'm a kind little monkey with four arms."He turned to stare at Artorre again; the Toa was definitely crazy. Crazier than him, at least. Of course, he was only crazy-ish, and Vertak wasn't honestly sure if that counted.

Edited by Voltex

IC: Sable'Suit yourself.' He said, as the finger-kinve sprouted legs, lept out of Vertak's hand, and crawled into his foot, before reemerging as a finger again.He looked at Artorre and grinned. 'I don't know, I quite like the idea of a drinking contest.' Maybe he could get him drunk enough to "convice" him to give over some of his possesions.

BZPRPG Profiles

Tower of Terror / Slater with Hexxon / IC:Slater paused from his descent, his cloak swirling around him as he turned to face the one that had interrupted him. Slater’s hand shot out, and in the dim lighting of the staircase, it didn’t seem to be a hand, but more of a broad knife where his hand should be. A dim spark in Slater’s eyes showed that he suddenly realized what he was doing and his hand stopped, halfway to assaulting the Toa of Psionics. The fingers on his hand, which had seemed sharp and meshed together a moment before, now separated and returned to normal. He closed his hand in a fist and lowered his arm, his left hand still clenched and shaking in rage.“Hexxon,” he gasped out, trying not to yell at the stupidity that the other priests showed daily. Hexxon was what they all should be, and that made him angry. Not at Hexxon, oh no. Hexxon could tear his brain apart in a moment, and that was something to be feared. That was something Slater couldn’t adapt to if Hexxon retaliated from one of Slater’s outbursts. He would be dead before touching the other Toa.In a more controlled voice, Slater continued, “A certain priest is lacking in obedience. Don’t remember the name; he tumbled down the stairs a half hour ago. He was SUPPOSED to hire Shadouk the Bounty Hunter for me, but it appears that never happened.” Slater yelled and punched the wall with force, surprisingly enough, neither broke. “Now my rage is gone towards the target, and there is no need for the Hunter, but that priest must be found and.. corrected.”

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

IC: Vertak, Underhorror:Vertak shook his head at the prospect of drinks, his head kindly giving a rather violent throb to remind him of the night previous. Which he couldn't really remember beyond fuzziness, which was frustrating. As he and Sable passed Artorre (who seemed fine with watching them go past), Vertak grabbed the Toa's arm and yanked him after them."One drink. Or two. For me, at least." Vertak said. "The Maze Craze... I think I was there last night. Good place."

IC: Sable'The Maze Craze... I think I went there once... yes, now I remember! Best darned drinks in Violet Orange! Which is probably the reason I couldn't remember it.' He chuckled to himself, before regrowing his wings. 'I can get us there in half the time, if that's alright with you.'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Maze CrazeA Toa strong and mighty walked into the building. His body covered in a dried blood carapace. He utterly stunk of death, of rot but mostly of blood. It was unavoidable when around him and there was nothing that could cover it up. The stench was overwhelming but he didn't seem to even notice it.His name was Abysm but it had not always been so once; he had been a normal Toa. A heroic warrior that lived on the surface and fought monsters and protected the innocent. But now he was a twisted monster created by madness."Hello? Is it dinner time? Of course it is! I would like two steaks one rare and the other one burnt. I would also like a gallon of orange flavored drink, a cup of water and a glass of your strongest chili pepper. And a plain bagel." He said to the first person he saw as he walked in.

IC: Elkaren"Uh..." he said as he looked at the stranger that smelled like as if he had just come through the doors of bones. "One, this is a bar, not a grill. Two, I'm not the server. Three, what in Mata Nui's name are oranges? What are chili peppers and bagels for that matter?"OOC: In game joke about introducing human elements to bionicle

IC: Maze Craze"By he who must not be named! How should I know? I ordered them and now I want them. What do you mean you are not my waiter? Waiter? Waiter! Oh Waiter! Ugh that fool does not know how not to wait."He paused and scratched the back of his head, coughed once and returned to talking as if nothing happened."And if this is a bar then how come I did not state 'Ouch, I hath walked into a bar!' when I entered this establishment?"

Edited by Cosmic Titan

IC: Elkaren"That joke is so old man," Elkaren replied. "But the reason you did not say ouch when you entered was because you did not walk into an iron bar held horizontally at head height but into a pub which is also known as a bar." He turned to Sevarinous. "DO you have anything that this toa asked for?" he asked n behalf of the stranger.

OOC: Ok, time to end this subplot.IC: Paktii - Underhorror - Maze Craze"Good. Because if you're looking for what I'm looking for, then we'll all be looking at it and won't have to worry about blinking and waitaminute there it is." Paktii spotted the robot on the table and swiftly lept up and grabbed it (by the torso this time, so it couldn't get away) and flipped the switch off. The robot went limp. Paktii relaxed and sat back down."Hey," he said to whoever might be in charge of drinks, "can I get some tea over here? I'm thirsty."Paktii still had work to do. Using a makeshift screwdriver that he conjured up in his hand, he pried open the circuit panel on the robot's torso and removed a chip labelled "QUANTUM LOCK." It wasn't nearly as high-tech as it sounded. He put the chip in his pack after etching "BAD IDEA" on its surface. Paktii closed the circuit panel, then as an afterthought, opened it up again and removed the "SPEED BOOST" chip. He re-labelled this one "DO NOT USE WITH QUANTUM LOCK". Paktii closed up the robot and put it in his pack without turning it back on. He'd had enough of its antics for the day.He chuckled as he noticed the tool still in his hand. "You know..." he realized out loud, "this could be more sonic.""Any Toa of Sonics around here?"OOC: The Toa of Sonics thing was a joke, open for interaction with anybody.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Tower of Terror - UnderhorrorThe unpredictability of the mad was always amazing, though not more than it was exhilarating. How boring it would be if you could always tell when someone was about to kill you! He had shown no sign of anxiety when Slater lashed out with his transformed hand. His expression and stance of seriousness and crossed arms remained constant as he considered Slater's situation. It did not take much time (or consideration for that matter) to come to a simple conclusion."Disobedience must not go unpunished," Hexxon said, as if it justified Slater's reasons for anger. "We cannot have it ruin our system here." The Toa of Psionics brought an arm down, while the other gestured to the rest of the staircase. "Perhaps I may be of assistance to you? It is, of course, a task made easier and effective with powers such as my own."

IC: Vertak, Underhorror:"Go for it." Vertak told Sable, heaving Artorre up onto his back, but failing. "Hmm... guess I'm not as strong as I thought."Vertak pondered the issue, completely forgetting the fact that he could use his gravity powers to make Artorre weigh less due to the left over remnants of fuzziness from the night previous.Man, he'd gone through a lot of Frusian Cider... he was starting to recall a bartender sobbing onto the counter.

IC: SableTwo small arms burst from Sable's chest and hooked themselves under Vertak's shoulders. 'Hold on tight!' And with a powerful flap of his dragon-like wings, they were airborne, travelling at speeds that evolution had not prepared them for. Then, to Vertak's horror, Sable began to enclose his torso around them, bringing them into a more stable position.

BZPRPG Profiles

Maze Craze / Sevarinous with Elkaren, Abysm, Syrifar, and Paktii / IC:Sevarious slowly turned away from looking the robot Paktii was messing with. He didn’t like that thing running around stealing drinks. Scratching at his mask and dislodging sand in the process, he turned to Elkaren. “What? One second, actually.” Sevarinous held up a finger and slipped away, returning almost instantly with a tray that had a tea pot and several cups on it.Setting a cup on the table for Paktii, Sevarinous poured some more of his special blend tea for the talkative Toa. Glaring at where he thought the Toa had put his robot, Sevarinous came around the table to Elkaren, holding the tray with one hand. “Quickly now,” he said, noticing a continual stream of new customers.Tower of Terror / Slater with Hexxon / IC:Slater considered Hexxon’s words for a few moments. Well, half a second to decide whether or not the words were an insult, and half a second to decide whether his words were sound, to a point. “Yes,” Slater said, drawing out the end of the word, “This will make things very easy.”Spinning on his heel, Slater’s robe swirled around him as he began to descend the stairs once again. As he went down the staircase, he tried to keep his calm. He would need it to make sure he didn’t almost assault a Toa of Psionics again. That would not be pretty.

IC (Karorahk, Underhorror): This sort of thing was exactly why Karorahk preferred rahi as companions over the people of Underhorror. For all the talk that went on in the city about "this place equalises all", all it took was for a couple of dangerous-looking but well-intentioned adventureres to appear, and suddenly everyone couldn't wait to banish anything that was weirder than themselves. It backed away slowly, fearing what the citizens might try to do to it and the first friendly being he had met in millennia.Still, the situation wasn't completely helpless. Karorahk's teleportation abilities had got them into this mess, and they could get them out again if things went from bad to worse. With that in mind, it decided that it could afford to take a little risk as well. Mustering up the courage to speak to the assembled crazies, he stepped forward. "We mean you no harm" he said timidly. "I am Karorahk, and this is Gwdkwowhi the Speaker. There's no need to worry".

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: Artorre: Near Castle:"I'll walk, thanks," Artorre said. He wasn't exactly a fan of heights. Well, it wasn't so much the heights, or even the falling, as it was the hitting the ground at high speeds. He began to make his way to Maze Craze.

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Karorahk form) - UnderhorrorAs Karorahk spoke, the gathered crowd instantly relaxed. Gwdkwowhi sighed in relief and embarrassment that he hadn't thought of that. In a world where most everyone was crazy, the ability to speak was the only thing that set the people apart from the Rahi - of course, that doesn't make them any less dangerous.One Toa of Fire remained agitated even after Karorahk spoke. A poorly aimed fireball sailed a full three feet over their heads before the Toa charged them with a deranged battle cry.Gwdkwowhi, suddenly remembering why he hated Underhorror, ran towards the attacker to tackle him - but tripped and fell flat on his face.He groaned - he should have known better than to try something like that with an unfamiliar body. He flipped himself over, but it was too late to do anything but watch as the Toa closed in on Karorahk. Now he would see how his mild-mannered yet powerful new friend handled himself in a fight.OOC: STRIFE! And about time, too.IC: Paktii - Maze CrazePaktii, finally tired of speaking (it happened once in a while), listened to the conversation around the bar. He kept hearing one word repeated over and over: "Trouble." Listening closer, it wasn't used in quite the normal way. Paktii activated his mask. It seemed like... an event? They were talking about the fourth one - there had been three before. It was a dangerous event. It was also a title, a title attributed to... the Toa of Stone sitting next to him.It might be easiest just to ask him.Paktii abruptly turned to Syrifar. "So what's this Trouble thing all about? I'm kind of new here. Well, I've been here for three years, but I've only been sane for one. Well, sane is kind of relative, isn't it? The first two years were like, genuinely drool-in-a-cup crazy. You have no idea what we saw up there. Actually, neither do I. Probably better that way. I-" Paktii was interrupted by flashes of memories - nothing specific. The only thing he could remember was horror. He closed his eyes and winced - trying to make it stop. A second later, he looked up, opened his eyes and smiled. "I'm good," he said weakly.

IrMSNn3.png

Maze Craze / Syrifar with Paktii / IC:A pain look came into Syrifar’s eyes and he gripped his cup. This Paktii was so new here. Syrifar liked to believe that Paktii knew nothing of the horrors of this place, but one day was the same as one millennium here, and everyone was more or less all equal here. Some were more equal than others.“Trouble,” Syrifar said, with a now faraway look in his eye, “Is a series of events, or games, where everyone who enters competes against each other to win. After hundreds of years of this, the being with the most wins wins the competition as a whole, and they are given the title of Trouble. Trouble however, also refers to the games as well, now.”Syrifar finished off his tea with a large gulp, “You could die in any event, and there are barely enforced rules. Not to mention there is no reward besides the title, unless that has changed this time. As a whole, I don’t see why I entered the last one, or how I won.”Bountiful Gardens / Thrinx the Gardener / IC:A house of glass stood among glowing orange buildings, steamed from the heat inside. It was manufactured specifically with gardening in mind, the glass all manufactured at the Colored Glass Shack by Hreik. Its windows were plain, but full of grime and dirt, as if they had never been cleaned from the inside. The outside of the glass building, however, was spotless, as if cleaned every day. The roof was one big slant, divided into sections that could be cranked open to let out excess heat.Through the glass, the only thing that could be seen was a forest of blue, green, purple, yellow, and red; the colors of all the different species of tree in Underhorror, of which there were nine. Every species was represented here, and stood in stark contrast to the teal grass that made up the floor of the glass building.Inside the building, there was a path of violet stone (very expensive) that led deeper inside the building to a house of wood that couldn’t be seen from outside. Except it wasn’t made from chopped wood; the trees had twisted together and grown into a house. Inside the house, Thrinx was busy studying her speech for noon.She had been selected to be the announcer for Trouble, and she was preparing for the opening ceremonies that were in two hours. She kept reading line after line again and again. Finally, she folded up her speech, and stuffed it inside her gardener’s belt. Striding out of her house, she patted the doorframe (which didn’t have a door) and started for the nearest GTG pad, so she could be teleported to the Main City Square, where the opening ceremonies had been held since the second installation of Trouble.Thrinx thought about that. Without Garret’s Teleportation Grid, it would take her a day, maybe more, to get to the Main City Square. Underhorror was about a day and a half to fly across, but many more to walk across since the streets were far from straight, or even on the same level. She supposed it would take a week at the fastest to get across Underhorror, if you didn’t get lost along the way. And that was why it was so imperative for Garret to remain in business; otherwise nothing could get done efficiently.As Thrinx walked to the GTG pad, she took a lightstone from her belt. There was another thing to be thankful about. The lighstones down here acted as radios if tuned correctly? How crazy was that? Thrinx brought her lighstone to her mouth and spoke into it. The lightstone wouldn’t pick up any noise unless she was holding it to her mouth, which was another thing to be thankful for; otherwise everyone would hear her conversations.“I’m on my way.” Of course, there were a limited amount of channels one could tune lightstones to, so more often than not everyone heard what she said instead of one specific being. Not to mention the range wasn’t that great for a single lightstone. You had to specially align several of them to get a better signal. However, Villy had been told her message would get passed along to the other event organizers.She reached the GTG pad in the middle of a square and pushed the orange button. A few seconds later, her stomach flipped as she was teleported.

IC (Karorahk, Underhorror): Karorahk didn't know why the toa of fire was attacking it, just one more in the long list of things it didn't know. It was puzzled that even after its explanation, the toa still wanted to attack. Even wild rahi knew when to fiercely defend their territiry and when they were wasting energy, but apparently, this "intelligent" being did not. It was almost sad.That said, the wilds of Violet Orange were a tough place. Living out there had taught Karorahk more than a few skills it needed to survive, and one of them was putting aside the crazy, inexplicable qualities of the world in times of danger. Another was defending itself against perils that lurked behind every rock. This toa was about to learn those skills the hard way, or maybe not at all.As the toa ran forward with his axe held high, Karorahk pointed one of its staffs at its attacker and fired off a burst of kinetic energy that stopped him in his tracks, and then followed up by slamming a large metallic fist into the toa's sternum. Momentarily stunned, the toa could hardly react before Karorahk grabbed his ankle and they both disappeared from sight. An instant later, Karorahk was back, but the toa wasn't. Before more of the locals could voice their objections, Karorahk scooped up Gwdkwowhi from where he lay and teleported both of them out of there.When they reappeared, they stood in an open field of grass. They weren't far from the city, but they were well out of sight of its mad inhabitants. "Are you allright?" it asked Gwdkwowhi. "Don't worry about that toa - I just took him to the Bony Doors. He's OK, just a bit lost."

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

GM:The Toa of Fire Karorahk had teleported shook before the Bone Doors. They rose high into the wall of the cavern, made of bones from every imaginable creature. They gleamed in the light from the surrounding orange rock, menacing and sharp. And the smell. The smell was unbearable, as bad as an open grave with a river of intestines running alongside it. And there was something else, a smell that could only be described as death itself. The worst part was that one of the doors was cracked open, revealing nothing but blackness.The Toa of Fire had good reason to shake in fear.A sound suddenly came from beyond the doors, a low rumbling that was accompanied by many small crackling noises, as if bones themselves had come to life. Then whispers could be heard, intelligible whispers that caused shivers to run down the Toa’s body. He was so scared he couldn’t move, even though he should have gotten out of there as soon as possible.What happened next was a blur of motion, the only noises the Toa’s scream and the crunch of his body being forcefully pulled through the crack in the door. The scream ended as soon as it began, and the noise of cracking bones and the low rumbling slowly faded away.All was still at the doors of bones.

IC: Gwdkwowhi (Karorahk form) - Outside the CityGwdkwowhi looked around in surprise, trying to figure out what had just happened. The most that had yet registered with him was that this creature Karorahk was really good at teleporting. "Thanks," he finally said. Gwd looked down at his body, currently an exact replica of Karorahk himself; the only difference was his orange armor. He flexed his muscles, getting a feel for the range of motion, committing the anatomy to memory in case he needed it again. He looked at Karorahk. "I'm sorry for changing into you. I usually ask first before mimicking someone's form... it can be shocking to see something that looks like your own kind, yet know it's not..."Gwd remembered several encounters where he had learned this lesson the hard way. He continued. "I can change into something else if you prefer, but not for a few minutes."Gwd looked back at the city. He knew he needed to get back in there, with or without Karorahk, but he didn't feel right about leaving the lonely being out in the wilds. Still, could he blame Karorahk for staying away from civilization when Underhorror was his only choice? IC: Paktii - Maze Craze"Whew. Sounds crazy. No surprises there. Well, count me out... I'm not good at the stuff where you can die."Despite himself, he looked over a flyer for Trouble that he spotted on the table. (It might have been smart to read this flyer first before asking Syrifar, but it was done)Survival was obviously the most dangerous game, because if the primary objective was to survive, losing meant not surviving, which was basically the same as dying, though Paktii had seen one or two exceptions. He discarded the idea of competing immediately. Lightstone Heat Tag actually sounded fun and not horribly dangerous, although nothing was completely safe in Violet Orange. He looked at Death Ball ("Sounds like a fun, oh wait death never mind"), Tea Cup Tally ("... this is a sport?"), and a few others, finally decided that he did want to compete in at least some of the games (He had a feeling he was going to lose at Matoran Throwing).But not Survival. No way. Staying alive was an everyday challenge, why make it harder for himself and waitaminute did it say "doors of bones"? He knew about the Bone Doors - they were a mystery to everyone. He couldn't resist a mystery. I mean, seriously, doors made of bones that no one had ever opened or gone through? An insane plan began to form in Paktii's head - could he compete in Survival without actually trying to win, still survive, and investigate the Bone Doors? "What do you know about the Doors of Bones?" Paktii asked the others at his table.

IrMSNn3.png

IC: Tower of Terror - UnderhorrorHexxon gave a nod and followed Slater down the steps. He was careful to keep a small distance of about two feet between the two, in case the other priest had another burst of rage and decided to hit or stab something else. His reasons for accompanying Slater were not just to reprimand another priest's folly, but for personal convenience. Usually free time away from prayer was time well spent reciting more prayers to the terror deities, or busying oneself with other holy matters. But with the upcoming opening ceremonies for the recently announced games of Trouble, the Toa felt compelled to excerise his powers in the time leading up to the tournament.IC: UnderhorrorReptak watched as the group gradually dispersed, its number dwindling as each pursued their own business. Then he silently stalked off into the shadows of the alley again.There were others around, of course -- others that he could scare, greet, attack, or have small talk with, depending on his mood. These people just needed finding.

IC (Karorahk, Near Underhorror): Karorahk didn't answer for a while, it just stared at the mirror image of itself. Up until now, there had only ever been one Karorahk in Violet Orange, so being able to look upon another of its own kind was oddly enthralling. There were a few differences, of course, but that just made the similarities all the more compelling. It had never expected there to be any others, so to see one now opened its mind to possibilities it had never even considered before. What if there are others? it thought to itself. And what would it be like to meet another me?"I don't mind" it realised. "In fact, it looks good on you. We kinda match.""So, do you still want to go into the city?" he asked. We could try again, just without the conspicuous entrance this time".

ppg2.png

IC: Artorre: Maze Craze:As Artorre walked into Maze Craze, having decided to use a GTG and greet Vertak and Sable with a joking 'What took you so long?' when they arrived, he noticed three things: His favorite table was occupied, one of the people occupying it was the former king, and there was some sort of knife-throwing contest going on. He took care of the last of the three things by effortlessly winning the contest on his way to his table.When he got to said table, he immediately sat in it, despite the fact that none of the occupants knew him at all. "Hello, Mr. Syrifar," he said, "How are you liking my table?" The words might have been interpreted as slightly more hostile than they really were, considering he was shouting again.

Maze Craze / Syrifar with Paktii and Elkaren / IC:Syrifar went silent and stared straight ahead at a wall at the mention of the Bone Doors, commonly referred to as the doors of bones. “Just that you should stay away from them,” he said in a low voice. His shoulders slumped and he lost the aura of kingly radiance that had surrounded him moments before. He became just another greedy beggar that barely survived on the streets of Underhorror. The Bone Doors brought back bad memories that he would rather forget.But he would never be Purged. No. He would rather die than lose his identity. Not to mention it wouldn’t stick. Too many beings knew him for him not to relapse into his old self unless he sat at the edge of civilization for the rest of his life.And then Artorre came over, claiming the table, and yelling as well. Still feeling down and depressed and not realizing he was showing it, he shrugged and said, “Ask Elkaren here. He had the table first.” Although Syrifar knew why the Toa of Fire wanted this table, it was the nicest table in there, and there were only a few other protodermis ones like it in the room. The rest were hewn from orange stone.Tower of Terror / Slater with Hexxon / IC:Slater reached the end of the stairs and suddenly growled in frustration. His arms flailed wildly for a few moments before he regained his control. Heaped at the landing of the stairs was the priest Slater was looking for, except he was bloodied and bruised, and also clearly dead. Although that was to be expected after falling down a spiral staircase 27 stories high, Slater guessed.Kicking the body and receiving a satisfactory thump, Slater felt better as the body was picked up and landed a few feet away due to the kick. “Well,” he said, his voice a little unsteady, “I guess death is punishment enough. May the horror terrors guide his way to bliss in the life beyond.”

IC: ElkarenMan, this newcomer was rude. His face glowed for a moment. Then he said "It's not 'your' table; it's Sevrainous's table that he lets people use when they eat here. And it's actually quite nice Not that I see anything wrong with the orange stone ones. I don't know why everybody makes such a fuss about those."

Edited by Constructman

IC: Sable'See, there's a problem with that. I like to stretch my legs, and I feel very uncomfortable when squished in with other people.'He looked down at his blade arms. 'You look unimpressed. Maybe I could enlighten you.' Sable slowly began to take the shape of a nightmare.A horror terror.'I had to physically separate the part of my brain that remembers the Cavern of the Unseen from the rest to maintain my sanity. But I still remember... minor details.'

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Tower of Terror - UnderhorrorThe demise of the priest was also that of Hexxon's little hope for some exertion of his mental powers. He could find some comfort in the priest's death, though. One less being for the horrors to spare, and thus increasing his chances of survival under them."Indeed. And may the gods save us from his fate," Hexxon added. "Now, your anger is satisfied I take it?"

IC: Paktii - Maze Craze Paktii jumped up from his table when the sand-being changed his form. It was it. It was the thing he had been searching for - and the thing that he meant to find under much, much more controlled circumstances. He dove behind a chair, careful not to look at Sable. Paktii hastily dug in his bag for Wilson and started making some modifications with various chips he kept around. He added a "RETURN TO OWNER" chip, so it wouldn't run away again, and most importantly, a "SCOUTING MODE" chip. He turned on the robot and let it loose.Paktii couldn't look directly at the horror terror - even a replica of one - without going mad. But his robot could because it didn't actually have a mind - it was just an emotionless automaton. And if he could get an image of a horror terror into its memory, he could process it later into something he could study.In fact, he was getting so excited that he forgot about the seriousness of the situation. "Hey! Sand guy!" he shouted. "Would you mind standing still for a second? You could help me forward science by a few millennia!""Augh! I should have known that there would be a shapeshifter down here somewhere who could turn into a horror terror. Stupid, stupid, stupid! Me stupid, not you. You're cool." Paktii waited a second. "Has my robot gotten a good scan yet?" He peeked out from his chair - and instantly regretted it. "Augh!" Paktii ducked back behind the chair to wait out the argument.IC: Gwdkwowhi (Karorahk form) - Outside the cityGwdkwowhi smiled; Karorahk wasn't going to let a little brawl get to him. "Yeah, I want to see what's going on in there. It's something big - something called Trouble. It's a huge, dangerous event. Not like the troubles we just had.""You're up to what, seven today?" he added with a wink."But this time, we can be a bit more careful. Probably best to walk - "Gwd shifted his weight between his legs in an attempt to judge how far he - and Karorahk by extension - could walk in this body." - so we look like travelers, not attackers. This time, we look alike, too, which helps a little bit.""You keep your staffs, and I'll carry my whip - if we look like the same species, but use different weapons, we'll look more individual and intelligent." He spoke from experience there - Rahi of the same kind always carried the same weapons (if they carried weapons at all), so he knew that if he was surrounded by similar-looking creatures with varying weapons, he was in trouble. Here, though, he hoped to use the same effect to build trust."If we just keep talking to each other, we'll make it through the gates without raising too much suspicion. And once you're in, there's no problem - there's far stranger things than us in Underhorror. Once, I saw a Toa with two heads and three arms!" He laughed. "Afterward, I tried that form myself, but it... wasn't for me. Two heads is really confusing.""Well, what do you say? Ready to try again, or do you want to rest a bit first?"OOC: Man, I'd like to see Gwdkwowhi and Sable get in a fight. Or team up. But given their personalities, I'd say a fight is more likely.

Edited by Jedi Knight Krazy

IrMSNn3.png

GM / Maze Craze:The light in the room went dark. All noise faded from hearing. Everyone froze in what they were doing. Syrifar was the only one staring at Sable, but no one took any notice. Time seemed to freeze. And then the darkest shadow in the room, the one no one ever looked at, flew towards Sable, who could do nothing. In an instant the smallest horror terror attacked and completely ripped apart Sable.Sable was a being made of sand, and yet he was destroyed in a few short seconds. That was the power of a focused horror terror. And Sable couldn’t reform, his very essence had been destroyed, his sand molecules converted to something else. A terrible pain filled the minds of everyone in the room and a small screech, like a nails across a chalkboard, tortured everyone’s ears.Then suddenly the darkness was gone, and everyone was back to normal. Sable was alive. Syrifar shifted his gaze away and at his empty cup. The room was silent for several seconds. Then a Zyglak stood up and spoke to Sable, even if he still couldn’t look at him because he was still shaped like a horror terror.“I don’t think Terr likes that. You might want to stop before he fulfills his threat. Horror terrors fight and eat each other, you know.”