And speaking of van Gogh... he never committed suicide after all. A kid shot him on accident!

Incorrect. He shot himself in the chest and died of an infection in the wound.
Two authors have argued that van Gogh's death was accidental, as CHT said. However, there is plenty of evidence (e.g., this letter) that van Gogh committed suicide deliberately. Thus, many remain unconvinced of the newer theory--myself included.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Most of what I can find on this new theory is experts basically raising their eyebrows and shaking their heads.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Watermelons can cost up to $100 in Japan.Americans on average eat eighteen acres of pizza per day.To burn off the calories in one M&M candy, you would need to walk the full length of a football field.In Singapore, it's illegal to sell or own chewing gum.In Kentucky, it's illegal to carry ice cream in your back pocket.A completely blind chameleon will still change colors to match its environment.If you attempted to count the stars in the galaxy at a rate of one every second, it would take over three thousand years to count them all.I heard all these on the radio.

The tip of a shoelace is called an aglet.

Their true purpose is sinister.Sorry, couldn't resist.

A completely blind chameleon will still change colors to match its environment.

Pretty sure thats false if only because chameleons don't change colour to match their environment. Its a mating/territorial thingThe word 'Yankees' was originally an insult used against Dutch colonials by English ones. It comes from 'John Cheese' which in Dutch is Jan Chees, which later got corrupted into the modern form

7AOYGDJ.jpg

To burn off the calories in one M&M candy, you would need to walk the full length of a football field.

Define "one M&M candy." One serving has about 210 calories. Right now I can't find any resource that states the amount of calories burned after walking for 120 feet, but I really doubt this claim.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

A completely blind chameleon will still change colors to match its environment.

Pretty sure thats false if only because chameleons don't change colour to match their environment. Its a mating/territorial thing
Still wrong; chameleons change color based on temperature and health.
Nope, shove a mirror in front of a chameleon and it will change into ever more vibrant colours as it tries to out-compete its own reflection

7AOYGDJ.jpg

chameleons change color based on their mood, which is why they become vibrant when they angrily fight their own reflection.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

In Ada, Oklahoma, you can be jailed for wearing New York Jets Clothing.In Arizona, it's illegal to hunt camels.In Arizona, it's illegal for donkeys to sleep in bathtubs.On eBay, you can find earrings made of petrified moose droppings. :???:

[citation needed]

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

There is a piece called "4:33" by John Cage. The pianist sits at the piano, plays nothing, and after 4 minutes and 33 seconds, he closes the keyboard and the audience applauds. The word for bread in Japanese is identical in pronunciation to bread in Spanish. Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a lung disease caused by the inhalation of microscopic silica dust. Violinists have lost an eye to an e string breaking and poking them at high velocity.

You're eyes are only bloodshot from a lack of sleep, not from insanity.In one place (it's a town, but I don't remember which one), it's illegal to use someone else's phone for a prank call."Live" is evil spelled backwards.In Mel Brooks' 'Silent Movie,' mime Marcel Marceau is the only person who has a speaking role."Underground" is the only word in the English language that begins and ends with the letters "und."S.O.S. doesn't stand for "Save Our Ship" or "Save Our Souls" -- It was just chosen by an 1908 international conference on Morse Code because the letters S and O were easy to remember and just about anyone couldkey it and read it, S = dot dot dot, O = dash dash dash. A group of frogs is called an army. A group of rhinos is called a crash. A group of kangaroos is called a mob. A group of whales is called a pod. A group of geese is called a gaggle. A group of ravens is called a murder. A group of officers is called a mess. A group of larks is called an exaltation. A group of owls is called a parliament.

mindeth the cobwebs

In Ada, Oklahoma, you can be jailed for wearing New York Jets Clothing.In Arizona, it's illegal to hunt camels.In Arizona, it's illegal for donkeys to sleep in bathtubs.On eBay, you can find earrings made of petrified moose droppings. :???:

[citation needed]
Here you are, my good man. as for those 3 laws, I can't link to the site I got it from, since there is some stuff that isn't appropriate for all ages.

• 3 weeks later...

It is by no means guaranteed that they will end up on the toothbrush. It's a fairly random spray, but if you happen to be the clever sort of fellow who doesn't keep his toothbrush by his toilet, the aforementioned brush shall escape unscathed.All Garfield comics are existentially horrifying when presented sans Garfield. For example, if you erase Garfield from the comic above, it becomes a comment on the impermanence of our endeavors.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Yeah, its because they thought American readers wouldn't get what a Philosopher's Stone was (despite it being clearly explained in the book). For the same reason Northern Lights was renamed Golden Compass, though that name makes it fit in with the other books in the series which are also named after objects, so thats not so bad

Come to think of it, what's the difference between the two stones?

~ CHTrilogy

Yeah, its because they thought American readers wouldn't get what a Philosopher's Stone was (despite it being clearly explained in the book). For the same reason Northern Lights was renamed Golden Compass, though that name makes it fit in with the other books in the series which are also named after objects, so thats not so bad

Come to think of it, what's the difference between the two stones?
Don't think that there's an actual difference, the names are just switched around.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Yeah, they're exactly the same thing, one is just a pointless name-change because people thought (perhaps correctly) that American readers wouldn't get the other one.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

-A supercomputer FINALLY found an end to pi

*point*OBJECTION!Pi is a transcendental number, meaning " its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. -Wikipedia". Therefore, it is impossible to calculate its "end". Wikipedia states the current record is 5 trillion digits, but calculating pi's end is impossible nonetheless. Edited by UltraHau

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

-A supercomputer FINALLY found an end to pi

*point*OBJECTION!Pi is a transcendental number, meaning " its decimal representation never ends and never repeats. -Wikipedia". Therefore, it is impossible to calculate its "end". Wikipedia states the current record is 5 trillion digits, but calculating pi's end is impossible nonetheless.
No. The last digit is 4.I don't get why people are so obsessed with the "last digit" of pi. It's not like it's the only irrational number (okay, transcendental) in the world, and it isn't even the most interesting one.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

The band is obscure enough that it would hardly be an impediment to understanding what the book is talking about, especially considering that the band doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.Besides, the book was written back in the 1990s. Was that band around then?

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

I've heard that the reason for changing the book's title was "kids won't read a book with 'philosopher' in the title 'cause they'll think it's boring" or something like that.[grumble grumble underestimation of children's learning skills is why America is educationally behind nowadays]

bug_animated.gif

Ah, wait a minute! I think the Harry Potter Wiki has the general idea of it:

The Stone is known in the United States books and films as the Sorcerer's Stone (with the exception of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, where it is referenced as "the Philosopher's Stone".) This was so because American children were presumably not as familiar with real-world mythology surrounding the Philosopher's Stone.

~ CHTrilogy

• 2 weeks later...

Chicken came first, long before egg. The word chicken entered the language around the year 950, while egg didn't show up until about 1340. Interestingly, however, the verb egg is older than the noun. So egg meant "to incite" long before it meant to pelt someone with defenseless, unborn chicken young. And long before it meant sort or person. Nowadays a good egg can easily egg someone to eat a dozen eggs, but so has it not always been!

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

Gali is a town in Abkhazia.There are actually 649 Pokémon and 1144 Digimon.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

* It is illegal to bring monsters into the city limits of Urbana, Illinois (Birthplace of the HAL 9000)* The beat in the Doctor Who theme song is the same as the Sound of Drums that the Master hears* There are three countries completely surrounded by another. Two of them are in Italy.* At the time that Jurassic Park was written, Deinonychus antirrhopus, the dinosaur most famous for being the dinosaur the Jurassic Park "Velociraptors" should have been referred to as, was considered a species of Velociraptor by some scientists.* Alexander The Great's life was once saved by an officer in his army named Cleitus the Black. This makes him the most significant historical figure to bear a name pronounced as "Cletus".* Dolphins are the only kind of animal other than humans believed to hunt other animals for sport.* The correct word for fear of long words is "sesquipedalophobia", not the commonly-believed "hippomonstrosesquipedalophobia".* David Tennant (The 10th Doctor's actor) married Georgia Moffett, the daughter of Peter Davison (the 5th Doctor's actor). Georgia Moffett played the 10th Doctor's clone/daughter in the episode "The Doctor's daughter". She has a daughter with David Tennant.* The USS William D. Porter's entire crew was arrested for almost accidentally assassinating President Roosevelt.* Eucalyptus trees are explosive.