A question about the Toa Hagah

Pikiru

Now we all know that Toa Iruini and Toa Norik look alike, but does that mean all Toa Hagah (by which I mean Toa Norik's team) look the same or can they look different?Because when a matoran transforms into a toa he or she will look like what they believe a Toa to look like.So I think that all the Toa Hagah can't look alike, because all Toa don't look like Toa Metru with more armor and they were operating as toa for a long period before they became Toa Hagah so it would be hard to find six Toa that look really quite similar, but I could be completely wrong.So if any one has an answer to my question or has there own theories, please don’t hesitate to post something. :):tohu:

Edited by Pikiru

Well, there's technically only two "default" forms of Toa: The Mata shape and the Metru shape. Any others we've seen were caused by unusual circumstances. As such, the primary types of Toa that Matoran would have seen before would have been that of either the Mata/Nuva or the Metru.Hope this helps.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

The metallic armor, spears, shields, and kanohi were standard among Hagah to designate them as elite Toa.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Well, there's technically only two "default" forms of Toa: The Mata shape and the Metru shape. Any others we've seen were caused by unusual circumstances. As such, the primary types of Toa that Matoran would have seen before would have been that of either the Mata/Nuva or the Metru.Hope this helps.signoffffff.png
That is a good point! I originally thought that that didn't work because Toa Lesovikk has a reverse piraka torso, but thats him after he was mutated in the pit so who knows what he looked like before hand.

That is a good point! I originally thought that that didn't work because Toa Lesovikk has a reverse piraka torso, but thats him after he was mutated in the pit so who knows what he looked like before hand.
Actually, I think Lesovikk already looked a little bit like that. Because in Dreams of Destruction, Sarda recognized enough of the Toa's appearance to know who he was.It's also possible that Lesovikk rebuilt himself at some point. Matoran can do it, so, theoretically, other beings can, too. We can assume that his set appearance was due in part to the mutagen and in part to a possible rebuilding. BS01 doesn't say anything about his appearance or why he doesn't have one of the "default" forms, so I'm just speculating.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Well, there's technically only two "default" forms of Toa: The Mata shape and the Metru shape. Any others we've seen were caused by unusual circumstances. As such, the primary types of Toa that Matoran would have seen before would have been that of either the Mata/Nuva or the Metru.
I don't think that's true. Jovan and Lesovikk have already been mentioned, but don't forget Krakua.As for the question about Hagah, I imagine they either look different (and Iruini and Norik having the same body is a coincidence) or are altered when they join the team so they have a uniform appearance.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, Jovan's an exception. He was an ordinary toa but he looks liks an inika kaita
Huh. I never thought about Jovan. Good Point :)
Actually, I think Lesovikk already looked a little bit like that. Because in Dreams of Destruction, Sarda recognized enough of the Toa's appearance to know who he was.It's also possible that Lesovikk rebuilt himself at some point. Matoran can do it, so, theoretically, other beings can, too. We can assume that his set appearance was due in part to the mutagen and in part to a possible rebuilding. BS01 doesn't say anything about his appearance or why he doesn't have one of the "default" forms, so I'm just speculating.signoffffff.png
Well the Barraki were transformed from so called "physical perfection" (at least with Pridak) to sea creature type forms, so maybe the mutagen is powerful enough to transform a Toa (after all, the revers Piraka torso only really shows up in the 2007 underwater saga).

• 2 weeks later...

I assume that they would look along the lines of Norik and Iruini, but with different masks and color schemes. Maybe weapons, if the Lego designers were to be so bold.Perhaps, like the ZX Ninjas from Ninjago, half of them had gold armor while half had silver, along with their base colors.

Edited by darkslizer

The_Brotherhood_of_Makuta_by_Arzeron.jpg

Comply. Create. Consume.

I assume that they would look along the lines of Norik and Iruini, but with different masks and color schemes. Maybe weapons, if the Lego designers were to be so bold.Perhaps, like the ZX Ninjas from Ninjago, half of them had gold armor while half had silver, along with their base colors.
I think Kualis and Bomonga both had spears/staffs in Dark Mirror, so its safe to assume that all Toa Hagah, or at least Teridax's team, carried similar weapons.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Well in-story all toa look quite the same only in sets they differ because It would be bad-selling if they looked the same
No, it has been confirmed that all Toa look like the set form of themselves - if they have one. Anyway, I suspect they all had minor differences in appearance due to their varied locations and circumstances of origin. However, I also think that the Brotherhood would have given them uniform masks, armor, and weapons to contribute to uniformity and designate eliteness and all that.

Hmmm. I thought it was how the Matoran pictured them selfs

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Hmmm. I thought it was how the Matoran pictured them selfs
Right, but if the universe is mostly populated by Metru-build Toa, then most Matoran will likely imagine a Toa to look like something similar.
coolbroban.png
| Sig Credit: - Everclear - |

But it would still be along the same template, so if a matoran imginedc a toa to look like some sort of rahi, they would still turn into a toa.

Is this actually the case? I am not sure if it is ever mentioned that there is a base Toa template and I think it would make for a very interesting story if there was a Toa that was shaped like a Rahi :)

Edited by Pikiru

Yeah, Greg confirmed it. A Matoran turning into a Toa will take the form of what he thinks a Toa looks like, but they always have the same basic shape, even if that Matoran has no idea what Toa look like or thinks they look like jellyfish.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery