• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Incredible LEGO Hogwarts Recreation by Alice Finch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,305 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 02:43 PM

We've had LEGO Harry Potter sets in the past and with those have come many, many variations on the model of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. In terms of detail and sheer scale, however, they all pale in comparison to the incredible recreation of Hogwarts by LEGO builder Alice Finch. The model, which is currently on display at the 2013 Emerald City Comicon, contains over 400,000 bricks and took over a year to construct. In addition, it features 250+ minifigures reenacting key scenes throughout the complex. Click here to read a full article on this amazing piece of LEGO artistry, as well as to view pictures and a brief video documentary. It's well worth a look!View the full article

#2 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,276 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 03:47 PM

One of the most impressive models I've ever seen.  That she put the details and techniques you would notice and admire in a smaller creation into a creation this large is amazing.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#3 Offline Gengar

Gengar
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,015 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 03:56 PM

That is pure amazing. This is way better than the Hogwarts set (duh!), and the detail is just wow. I can't believe that was done in a year.

#4 Offline Dual Cee

Dual Cee
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,304 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 04:12 PM

One of the most impressive models I've ever seen.  That she put the details and techniques you would notice and admire in a smaller creation into a creation this large is amazing.

This , exactly this.Altough the news is a bit late I guess, vonsidering I reported this like two weeks ago :)

I'm back!

#5 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 5,615 posts

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 05:30 PM

I saw it in person about 4 times now. She did an amazing job on it, and I welcome any chance I get to discuss it with her.

I hope she considers building a new model soon, though; the castle is getting a bit stale.

Also to clarify, Emerald City ComiCon ended 4 days ago, on Sunday. It's not on display any more :P

Edited by Swert, Mar 07 2013 - 05:32 PM.

MinewellSig.jpg

#6 Offline AdaptingChaos

AdaptingChaos
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 431 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 07 2013 - 07:42 PM

Wow! The amount of hard work that went into making this detailed Hogwarts structure!! :o

#7 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 3,188 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 03:40 AM

Flabbergasting! This begs to be made into a museum exhibit!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#8 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts

Posted Mar 08 2013 - 09:05 AM

It's impressive, but I actually prefer the tiny scale version on Lego CUUSOO, it's almost as detailed, and yet so much smaller.  Well worth a look for any fan of Lego and Harry Potter.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#9 Offline ToaJaller77

ToaJaller77
  • Members
  • Toa

• 134 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 09 2013 - 05:59 PM

And look what LEGO made. This is amazing

50px-24126359.png.jpg

IS THIS PICTURE BIG ENOUGH FOR THE SIGNATURE?

IS IT?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users