New Hero Factory Film for 2014

Looks like Hero Factory will be coming back in 2014! Christian Faber made a blog post letting us know that he and his company (Advance) are working with Ghost on a 22 minute Hero Factory film for next year. We don't know any other details, but with the track record of those two groups, it's sure to be something worth watching! And of course it means the current constraction line isn't going anywhere just yet, which is also good news.View the full article

It's probably not even as good as Bionicle movies, but at least there is still going to be one. But 22 minutes? That shouldn't even be called a short film.

22 minute film? a film should be longer than just 22 minutes!

Not if it's a 'short film'.
Not much details are given but i guess it will be just a "episode" like Brean Attack and such, since those were also exactly 22:00 on duration.

I'm back!

So the movie is going to look like those videos of the Toa Mahri in which they all looked like the sets and really cool? I wonder why they never did that for BIONICLE, but anyway, the movies look a bit more classic that way! :D

What makes you think it will be that way?

I'm back!

So the movie is going to look like those videos of the Toa Mahri in which they all looked like the sets and really cool? I wonder why they never did that for BIONICLE, but anyway, the movies look a bit more classic that way! :D

What makes you think it will be that way?

Ghost were the same people who made those videos, if I recall correctly.

But hey, if Ghost are making this then words cannot express my delight. Even if "episode" seems more of an apt term for this, I'm really excited because of the quality content they've produced over the years. The animation is lovely, the fight scenes are intense, they advertise the toys without that getting in the way of the video. Remember the Mata Nui Rising video? Remember Tinseltoon's version of that? I know which one I thought looked better.

I'm hopeful for this and they better not let me down.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

So this means the time of Threshold producing the HF movies is over? The animation quality of Threshold was truly great at the end, though I'm sure Ghost can do at least as good. I just hope the style won't be too far off that of Threshold. Some 3D models like that of Zib and Quadal will likely be kept, I suppose. Anyway, good to hear HF is continuing into next year!-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Does anyone know if this will be in any way related to the "Webisode" up on the site? The length states 20 minutes so my guess is that this maybe part II of the webisode? If history is any indication it seems ever since the "Fire/2.0" generation they have been releasing two 22-minutes episodes of Hero Factory arc enough for a 1-hr special on cable TV.

Does anyone know if this will be in any way related to the "Webisode" up on the site? The length states 20 minutes so my guess is that this maybe part II of the webisode? If history is any indication it seems ever since the "Fire/2.0" generation they have been releasing two 22-minutes episodes of Hero Factory arc enough for a 1-hr special on cable TV.

I doubt it will be related. It will most likely focus on 2014 story and I doubt the Brain Attack theme will continue then. Then again, you never know.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^