IC: Zac and Abi"John are you coming?" Zac asked,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC - Leone: "You could have a natural immunity to any harmful effects of the herbs. In any case, we can either take the risk of testing it out on a human or asking that Myotismon to check it as well." Leone said in an almost sincere tone. He didn't want to offend their new ally by outright refusing it.

"We should probably save that concoction for a more important occasion then." Rey remarked as he followed one step behind Leone.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC (Renamon)

"Then I shall follow." Renamon's tail swayed a bit as she planned out the probable avenues of approach, her ears were perked up and her eyes were wide open, scanning the area for threats. "I am ready when you are."

IC (Hecate)

"Very well." Hecate pocketed the potion. In normal times she might have been offended but these were far from normal times. "You said the others were fools yes? How so? I would like to know who exactly I have allied myself with."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Alana stepped out of the bushes, moving silently toward the entrance. She couldn't see or hear her partner, but she knew she was behind her. After a moment, she slipped into the passageway, and began creeping forward.

IC:

"They're... Foolish. Immature. They see everything as fun, and they're quite incompetent at what they do."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Alucia, Renamon)

"My senses are more keen then you give them credit for intruder. I can smell you. You are human correct?" Alucia's voice cut across the tomb's entrance like a swordstroke. "I mean you no harm. Provided you return the favor. Who are you?" Alucia had not moved from her position upon the rock, she lay agaist it, eyes closed, one got the impression her sense of smell was strong enough to do the job for her. After all, hunters needed some way to track their prey.

Renamon, for her part, remained behind her associate. Clearly, the sentry had powers beyond that of a human....unless Alana had been hiding a few things from her. Which was unlikely. She could always be relied upon to say what she meant. Unlike many in the world.

IC (Hecate)

"Overeager hatchlings." Hecate let out a long suffering sigh as a thousand different memories of a thousand different nights spent amongst the young of her colony flashed through her head. "Thankfully I have some experience in that field."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: John

Greymon carefully set John down on the ground. The Digidestined then turned to Zac as he addressed him.

“Yeah, I’m right behind you.” He said. He turned to see as Greymon flashed again and suddenly shrank back into Agumon.

“Heh, I can’t stay like Greymon forever, just when I need to fight.” Agumon shrugged.

“You were so cool as Greymon though! That’s all right, as long as you can become Greymon when it’s needed I suppose.”

IC: Kane

Zero and DemiDevimon would find a figure leaning against the wall outside their room. Kane looked up as his cyan eyes flashed to Zero’s mask and the blue Digimon that rested on his shoulder. Zero and Skull were an interesting case. In this case Skull was the master, while Zero, the human was the servant. The roles were very much reversed with Kane and Darkfang.

“Would you like some company Skull?” Kane inquired. “The Master didn’t feel like sending us out… and we are eager to judge these new… destined. Dallas already went out, perhaps we could drop in on our ally,” Matt said as he flicked his golden hair to the side.

“I’m sure you could use another fighter for protection Skull,” Kane said. He had to play to the DemiDevimon. It was quite an ambitious DemiDevimon, much more then the usual DemiDevimon that Kane had come into contact with.

IC: Laura

Laura sat on a large crate within Mother Board City. A lot of the Digimon cities were named weird. Like after computer things. Laura had never been too fond of computers. She’d rather be outside in nature. And now she was here; trapped in the Digital World. Things could be worse she supposed. Now she had a new and drastically different world to adventure in; new plants and strange creatures.

She watched as Digimon came and went on their daily routines. It was strange watching them; as if this was a town of real people and not beings made of data. They came in all shapes, sizes and colors, though some were strangely human like. There were also a lot of animal and beast looking Digimon. A few robotic machine ones as well.

Laura took another bite from her apple before she handed it to Lunamon.

“Here you go Luna,” she smiled.

“Thanks Laura!” Lunamon said as she bit into the apple. Laura was still getting used to her adorable friend and all the things she’d been telling her. About the Digital World and what she had to do.

Laura had fallen from the void outside the city. She’d been alone until Lunamon had come along as a Moonmon. Moonmon had then protected Laura from some corrupted rookie Digimon before she’d transformed into Lunamon.

“So now what?” the scarlet haired girl said as she glanced around the city. She pulled out her large card-swiping device. It had a screen on it with some dots appearing.

“So all those dots together are other humans like me?”

“I think so!” Lunamon replied.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: Zac, AbiZac nodded and kept leading. Zac lead the group back to where the group split up, just to check with Alucia. Knowing how she loved to hide in darkness, he and sentrymon called out for her,"Alucia?" Zac called,"Madame Alucia?" Sentrymon called out as well,"Miss Alucia?" Abigail called out,

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

"Respectfully," Alana replied warily, confirming her presence. "That is my business. Identities are not things to be revealed lightly in this world.""I can, however, assure you that I have no ill intent. Provided these events remain peaceful."

IC:

"I don't know that I would call them "overeager". Unintelligent might be more applicable."

IC:

"Do what you will." The Digimon replied, without moving from his perch. Yellow eyes glanced at Kane, no expression of his intent within them. "I am going to gather a few supplies. The route will take me close to the humans' location."

"If a fight occurs, your presence would be welcome."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC - Adelheid: A human laid on the plains near Dawning Village. He looked feminine and could honestly be mistaken for one and he looked relaxed. The tamer opened his eyes and sat up. He took a look at his surrondings. A Commandramon that had been hiding in a field of flowers rushed to his side.

"Ah, 108. I just had a vivid dream about a butterfly. Does the Digital World have butterflies?" The boy asked this with a cheery smile on his face. The wind swayed gently around them.

"No targets in the area, Captain. The closest to butterflies in the Digital World are Shadramon. Did anything else happen in your big dream Captain? Perhaps some memories re-surfaced?" Soldier #108 asked as he lowered his rifle. Bombs were planted all along the area around where the boy had been sleeping.

"Well, the butterfly flew away and all I could see was fire. I think more neat things happened but all I can recall is a flash of light." The young boy replied as he stood up and patted 108's helmet. He seemed to smiled and looked around the peaceful glade he had been sleeping in.

The tamer smiled and began wandering off in the general direction of Mother Board City . The soldier circled around him as they began to travel once more.

IC (Alucia)

"Ah. You return. We have a visitor." Alucia stepped into the light given off by the Destined's Sentrymon. "Though she seems reluctant to provide any information about herself. By her own words, she has no ill intent towards us. Perhaps a parley is in order?" Alucia turned her gaze away from the destined and back into the darkness that obscured the rest of the entrance. "What say you?" Alucia knew the newcomer was a human. It did not take a tactical genius to deduce that she was one of the destined as well.

IC (Hecate)

"Perhaps. Perhaps not. One could scarely tell that I would one day rule over my own cluster when I was young." Hecate smiled humorlessly. "Then again, I no longer have a cluster to lead."

IC: Zac and Abi"Well then,a guess we should try to convince her to travel with our group," Zac said as he and Sentrymon approached Alucia, Abigail following him with Salamon in her arms.

IC:

They don't seem to have noticed Renamon yet. Alana thought to herself from the shadows, willing Renamon to stay behind her, unseen. Only time would tell if she had a similar thought. They think I'm the only one here. Would make sense. She seems to be determining my presence based on smell, and this entrance is small enough that I'm blocking most of the airflow from there to the Myotismon. Which means, as long as I don't move much, I should still have an ace up my sleeve.

Her eyes briefly flicked over the new arrivals. They were the ones that Renamon had thought of as nuisances. She would soon know for sure if that assessment was correct. Without leaving the shadows, and remaining unseen, she spoke.

"What is your purpose here?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zac and Abi"We are just looking around I these ruins for a place to stay, but we wanted to make sure no corrupted digimon are here," Zac said, "We have others but they are in different groups, its just me, my sister and my friend, our digimon and Alucia, a Myotismon here right now, who are you? And whose side are you on?"

IC:

"Your Digimon?" Her voice carried out of the shadows, a slightly sharp edge to it. "That seems rather presumptuous. To assume that one can claim ownership of a Digimon. They're called partners, not pets."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zac"I mean that they are with us, they are on our side," Zac said,"I have no problems with Zac's words," Sentrymon retorted, "We have been together for months, and we are both fine with calling each other "our human" and "our digimon"," "But if you prefer that we call our friends partners, alright," Zac said

IC:"Then you clearly have an inferior grasp of the language. If one says "my mother" that is correct, because it denotes a relationship. Calling your partner "my Digimon" would be the same as if I called you "my human"."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"The possessive normally indicates....well, possession." Alucia frowned a bit at Sentrymon's word. "I certainly would not react well to being called a possession. Perhaps I should do the talking?" Some of these humans seemed to have a unique gift for enraging and insulting others and the more she moderated that particular resource, the better. It could be useful in battle, but here, in a delicate diplomatic situation, it was a bit like setting one's own fort afire.

Renamon stood still, clutch the side of the entrance behind her partner. She had been a warrior in her tribe, she knew how to deal with Digimon that had a strong sense of smell. She resisted the urge to snarl at the humans words. How could a being think in such a manner and survive? It boggled the mind.

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: Dallas stepped away from Bo and Rex, figuring that their silence meant that they did not, in fact, have any other questions. With a slight nod to F.B., he waved casually to them. "Well, I'll be seeing you," he said. "There is more to this place than this room, after all. Ciao."

Shouldering his bag, the boy entered another hallway, disappearing into its darkness, FanBeemon in tow.

Seven Digidestined, eh? he mused, contemplating this. Well... Sounds to me like the Empire's going to have a bit of trouble on its hands. Hm... I suppose if it comes down to it, I could always set up a trap of some kind further down here, but I'd really prefer not to--that's more of a job for someone of a lesser position than I, after all. He sighed. For whatever perks I get, being expected to follow orders is such a bothersome thing...

Once he was certain that they were out of Bo's and Rex's earshot, Dallas glanced to his partner. "FanBeemon," he said casually, prompting the Insectoid Digimon to look at him. "Those Dokugumon... That was not the first time I've been able to manually influence a Digimon's code."

"I know," FanBeemon said.

"So," Dallas continued, his tone suggesting an air of slight apathy. "I can't help but wonder... You possess the ability to Digivolve to a stronger form. What are the chances I could figure out the command prompt to initiate said Digivolution without permanently damaging your data-composition?"

"I'm... not sure, really," FanBeemon said hesitantly. "It sounds dangerous, so I'd prefer to not find out what the consequences of that would be."

"Fair enough," Dallas said. "In that case I'll test out my theories on the next wild Rookie we find." He rubbed his chin, stopping for a moment to glance back down the hallway. Hm... That might be the key, actually. Would certainly give me an opportunity to test them, as well... Kill two birds with one stone, as they say...

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: A tall girl walked briskly through the corrupted City of Machines. Her green eyes surveyed the dark exteriors of the surrounding buildings, searching for any potential opponents. Beside her trotted a small, dragon-like creature, teal in color with blood-red talons and horns, who dutifully danced around as it walked. The girl glanced at her Dracomon partner, rolling her eyes before adjusting her scarf.

"No visible targets detected," she said, sighing in annoyance. "What a waste of time. I thought you said this place was crawling with corrupted Digimon? They should be swarming us by now!"

"Eh, usually it is," Dracomon answered, shrugging. "Hey, don't look at me like that! Not my fault these guys aren't doing how they do!"

"I'll look at you however I please," the girl said sharply, with only a slight hint of playfulness in her voice. "Com on. There's bound to be something worth fighting around here."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Zac and Sentrymon"We both belong to each other," Sentrymon said, "I think we should let Alucia handle this," Zac said, "Alright Zac," Sentrymon said, but at that point, he turned back into Dronomon, and was back to reaching Zac's knee caps,IC: ???"DAGH!" A scream could be heard in the distance in the city. It was an insectoid looking tank, with a dog like digimon holding on for deer life,"They are catching up Clank!" The dog said,"I'm going Ratchet!!!" The living tank exclaimed. Behind them, was a group of Tankmon, firing at them.OOC: Profiles for Clank and Ratchet coming soon.

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

IC - Leone: The muscular young man stepped into the room where they had entered through. He noted that Zac's group had arrived back first. What caught Leone's attention first though was the unfamiliar voice coming from outside the ruins. He looked over to Alexander and Hecate.

"It seems that there's another Digidestined now. I wouldn't trust anyone who hid in the shadows instead of introducing themselves to the group." The tamer said solemnly, not realizing the hypocrisy in his statement.

Edited by Nebula 2.0

IC:

Renamon was right. They are fools.

"That would be best." Alana said, eyes moving to the Myotismon. Even without being able to see her, there was a good chance that Alucia would be able to notice the shift in her attention. "You seem to the the only person here who isn't completely incompetent."

She glanced rapidly at the new arrivals, watching them warily.

IC:

"Can you really blame her, though? Meeting those guys first had to be rough."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: ZacZac took note that Leone and Alex had returned, "Well I can't say that you were pleasant to us either, but right now the past is the past, we focus right now on finding a place to stay, you find anything?" Zac asked Leone and Alex

IC (Alucia)

"You are alone...or I rather suspect, nearly alone. You partner may be hiding or you may simply have not come upon them yet. The world is a dangerous place. Surely you have seen this? The few of us who remain must hide in tombs, caves and the dark places to survive. There is safety in numbers however. It would be logical to combine our resources. You may feel some of us are foolish....but certainly working with a group is better then facing the corruption alone?" Alucia's voice was calm, perhaps even kind. Hopefully that, combined with the logic of her words would be enough to end this confrontation.

IC (Hecate)

Hecate looked from one part of the group to another, she was still hidden in the shadows behind her two rescuers. She could tell a few things about these destined already. They loved to bicker. They were split into to groups, both of which had little to no respect for the others way of doing things. She'd seen this before. They were not that different from the clusterlings she had once tended. They had fewer legs and eyes, but that was really about it.

IC: Zac"Trading cards?" Zac asked, "Anyway, we found some Dokugumon as well, and Dronomon and Agumon made it to champion!" Zac said, clenching his fist and reaching it into the air, Dronomon did as well,"Who is that?" Abigail asked, "The woman I mean,"

IC:"I am aware of the state of this world. I arrived in the Ubi Forest." Alana commented, ignoring the other members of the group. A handful of them appeared to possess some intelligence, but that was a factor to be dealt with later. "As for joining forces, I see no reason why I should.""Most of you are fools, and I'm shocked that you haven't angered something into eating you yet. The rest of you are being dragged down by these. And I've been doing just fine the way things are. I've been here this long without issue."

IC:"Interesting." Alexander commented drily, electing not to mention that Guilmon, who had by now returned to normal, and stepped into the light behind him, had also reached Champion. He didn't feel like dealing with their enthusiasm right now.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

Alucia's estimation of this human's intellect went down slightly. Insulting some of only humans in this world aside from herself wasn't going to increase her long-term survival prospects. "For now. Certainly you cannot think you will escape the eyes of the corruption forever. Once it knows what you are, it will hunt you without cease. It has legions of corrupted Digimon ready to serve it. You do not, I think, have more then one. If that." Alucia stepped further into the light. "I am a being of power. I can defend you until you are ready to defeat the corruption. Check your device if you must. It will tell you of my kind."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Zac"If we travel as a group we can last longer! Zac said, "We have strength in numbers," "It's true ma'am," Dronomon said,"Anyway, what about those trading cards?" Zac asked Alex, curious about them,

IC:

"I know who you are." The voice replied, without pausing for contemplation. "A Myotismon. Ultimate level Digimon, with access to the abilities of your level, as well as attacks from your earlier form, depending on which it was. Enhanced senses, skilled maneuvering in dark areas. Most of your kind allied themselves with the corruption."

"I recognize many of the Digimon around you, too. Reciting their names and levels would take too long, but most of them are Rookies. Judging from the conversation behind you, some of them have reached Champion. The Digimon in this tomb were primarily Champion levels, though my Digivice indicated that a second Ultimate level was present.""I have no doubts of the physical capabilities of this group. Following their evolutionary lines, all of them have the potential for great power. Power potentially used for good, or evil. But I doubt the intentions, and the maturity, of those picked to use it."

"Many of your comrades seem to view it as a game. Like Pokemon, where you cheer every time your team levels up and evolves. But this isn't like that, and I think you, at least, understand that. I will not work with a group such as this. Individuals who view this as a game, and who dare to refer to their partners with the possessive, sicken me."

IC:"Maybe I'll explain later."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

Alucia went silent then. This was surprising. She had assumed the human merely felt she could do well enough on her own....not that she had moral objections to the way this group operated. It didn't help that she had a point. Alucia would need to try a different angle then, this human did seem to care about the fate of her world, or at least, a few within it. She could work with that. "Perhaps. Your objections may have some weight, but the fact remains. Together the destined will stand a better chance against the corruption then they would alone. Your partner, if you have found them, will not be above rookie levels. At least, from what I have observed. You yourself have said that your objections to this group only apply to certain members within it. Would you turn away an advantage simply because you do not like something that comes with it? Perhaps you would be a positive influence...."

IC:

"I would turn that advantage away. I have survived quite well since my arrival, and I have little doubt that I can continue to do so. Nor will the corruption turn its full attention to me, as long as a large group of destined is roaming the land. I rather suspect that in this case, danger comes with numbers."A pause. "And there are.... Reasons that I suspect working with this group would be difficult."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zac"...Alright, so what if we have flaws," Zac said, "You are flawed as well, and we need someone with experience on our team,"

IC - Leone: The young man almost seemed to flinch at the word "experience". He thought over the young woman's words and seemed to sympathize with her to a degree. "She has her reasons for going at this alone. I don't see why you're all trying to take her in when she's clearly opposed to the idea. If she's survived for this long then we would just slow her down." Rey said as he walked past Leone.

IC:"Tell me, tamer."

Alana said, addressing Zac directly. "When you buy a a CD, you expect it to work, right? One or two flaws are fine, as long as it still works. But what about three or four? What about when it doesn't work at all, and it's just unusable right out of the case? You don't keep it. You either throw it out, or return it."

"You have too many flaws. There are a few of you that I might work with, but you're not on that list.""Find someone else with experience to keep your *** safe."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Abigail and Zac"Hey!" Abigail said, walking foward to be infront of the group, "You do not insult my brother!"Zac was growing angry, but he wasn't going to get angry over someone he just met again, "Whose to say I'm more flawed than you. I rely on my friends, and my family. You only rely on yourself and your partner, assuming you have one. Just because you "survive" doesn't mean you are garentied to get caught. One day you will, and by the time that happens you realize that I was right. No one is strong on their own, and if they believe so, they will find themselves in a deep hole that will take them a long time to climb out and fill. An ultimate wishes to help us, who has more power than you, yet you are too worried about yourself and not wanting to work with us because of flaws,"

IC:

"Did it never occur to you that that Ultimate has no other choice?"

"She said it herself. The remaining free Digimon are forced into hiding, in the dark places of the world, because they haven't the might to stand against the corruption. The destined are the ones who they hope will free them."

"They have no choice in who they support. They have to work with whatever Digidestined are thrown their way, because no matter how flawed they are, they're the only chance they have. You're arrogant enough to assume that they would side with you if they had another option. You're a kid, thrown here to be a savior. I've got news for you, this isn't a comic book. We are literally the only chance this world has."

"The fact that an Ultimate sides with you means nothing, because the alternative is death, or a fate worse than death."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

Alucia looked from one part of the group to another. This was getting out of hand. She needed to calm things down and quickly, otherwise the small divides that had already appeared within the group might well widen and grow. That would be....less then ideal. "I am certain we can reach....some sort of compromise. Anger and insults help no one. It is simply unproductive...." It sounded weak. Even to her. Alucia was used to dealing with fairly rational and calm beings. This was not the case here.

IC (Hecate)

Hecate shook her head. She was reminded once more of the clusterlings that tore at each other over the last morsel of food. This group was tearing itself apart, that much was evident. "Is it always like this?" Her voice was soft and sounded quite well mannered. She was still hanging back in the shadows, it was likely only the two who had found her would hear her.

Edited by Basilisk

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: "Hm?" The sounds of someone shouting were approaching from a side street, mixing in with the din of rolling tank treads. Sasha frowned, grabbing Draco and moving to hide in a nearby alleyway, watching from the shadows. Soon enough a pair of Digimon ran past--one a spider-like tank, the other a sort of dog. They were soon followed by a group of Tankmon, who laughed as they fired volleys of bullets and missiles into the air.

"Targets sighted," Sasha said, grinning. She stepped out onto the street, pointing at them. "Draco, sic 'em!"

"You got it," the dragon said hungrily. "G Shurunen!" Planting his feet firmly, Dracomon's horns glowed a bright red color, before a powerful beam of energy shot forward from his mouth. The attack struck one of the Tankmon in the back of the head, damaging it enough that the Champion's upper body slumped forward, causing him to swerve straight into another of its brethren.

"Let's see if that catches their attention," the girl said, with a slight adjustment of her scarf. "This'll be their payback for making me wait."

OOC: Number of Tankmon?

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Zac"At least she is willing to help us! You are being hypocritical by calling as flaw when you have several of your own," Zac said, "You my friend are even more doubtful than Alex, no offense. I realize the danger, but I choose to keep an optimistic attitude while we fight. Its why I cheer when we win, when we grow strong, because it means we getting close to becoming strong enough to finish off this corruption. You can hide all you want, but without the power of all the destined, what hope is there?"OOC: At least 10IC: ???The group of Tankmon all began to collide into each other. The Digimon named Ratchet and Clank turned to see what had happened. They focused their sight on the girl and Dracomon and went over there while the Tankmon tried to recompose themselves,"Tanks kid," Clank said, "You saved our hides back dere!""Thank you!" Ratchet added,