IC:

"Alright. Suspicion one, confirmed. I'm not back home anymore. The thing was pretty clearly not anything from my world anyway." His posture relaxed slight;y, but his eyes narrowed. "Second question. You referred to the "destined". Who are they?"

Unseen by either party, a small snout poked out of the bushes, sniffing.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Alucia)

"You I'm afraid. By chance or destiny you have been chosen to defend our world against the encroaching corruption." Alucia grimaced. "You won't be alone in this, I have encountered some like you already. They allowed me to find you.....and save you from that creature." Lucia leaned against a nearby tree. "You seem to have had a much more.....rational response to your circumstances then they. The fact you are the only one of the destined to almost get eaten offsets that a bit however."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC (Alucia)

"Correct. Normally it would be their duty to explain the details. Or babble. I would advise you enjoy the last few moments you'll have alone with your throughts before you it finds you. Many are....slightly immature in their first forms." Alucia grimaced again. "Not that their destined are always above that behavior themselves."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"Oh dear. I suppose we're stuck doing the whole "five teenagers with attitude" thing, aren't we?" The teenager relaxed slightly, glancing back at the downed Digimon. "I don't suppose you'd have a su-"

"Pyro Sphere." A voice quietly stated, as a glowing ball of red shot out, slamming into the weakened Sunflowmon. Barely audible above its screams or rage and pain, the same voice intoned "Rock Breaker" and a crimson shape lunged out of the undergrowth, burying its claws in the target, abruptly ending said screams.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Alucia)

"How fortunate. You have a sensible partner." Alucia grinned. "I do believe there is hope for us yet despite the issues I mentioned." Alucia stepped forward again and raised her hands and turned her gaze on the recent arrival. "Rest assured, I mean the human no harm. I will also inform you that attacking me would be...unwise. Most unwise. I am here to help."

IC:

Guilmon, for that was who the crimson Digimon happened to be, sniffed, looking at Alucia with a mixture of curiosity and wariness. "You're a Myotismon. Most of your kind stuck with the dark ones.""And even the ones that didn't seldom come here."

Alexander glanced at the new arrival, who raised one draconic eyebrow at him. "And I don't know what you're going on about with partners."

"I haven't quite figured it out myself."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

Alucia smiled, just a tad. "Exceptional circumstances I'm afraid. As for...your confusion..." Alucia gazed back at the human. "Do you happen to have anything you did not have in your world? A device of some sort?"

IC:

"I know what you're referring to by "partner". I'm questioning why you think I'd go along with it, when the human meant to be my partner couldn't handle a Sunflowmon."

Raising an eyebrow, Alexander pated his pants pockets, only for his expression to morph into confusion when he noted that, where once was his phone, was now a distinctly bulkier shape. He reached into his pocket, pulling out an unfamiliar crimson machine.

"This count?"

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"Because I just had to listen to an entire group of them discuss the finer aspects of the feminine form whilst the corruption continues to seep across the land?" Alcuia sighed. "I rather think you can hold your ire in line for the sake of our world." At the sight of the device, Alucia nodded. "Indeed it is. All the Digidestined have them. They are proof of your status....and the key to your power."

Edited by Basilisk

IC (Alucia)

"Whilst your comrades oogle any comely Digimon we happen upon. Yes." Alucia's disgust was quite easy to hear. "Unfortnately, this world does not have the luxury of waiting for a more suitable group....and you have no way to return home. If you are to survive here, the corruption must be defeated." Even if this human had no foolish honor system, she could always appeal to the innate selfishness common to all sentient races.

IC:

"...""You're doing the "come on, everyone else is a fool, we need you" thing. And when that didn't work, you tried the "well, you can't go home unless you help us" thing. My parents have tried both of those, at one point or another. And I didn't say I wouldn't do it, I was expressing disbelief at the methods I'm expected to employ."

"Yes. Where I come from, genre savviness is a thing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

Alucia blinked a few times. The others had been easy enough to manipulate....this one was another beast. "Clever. Very clever." Alucia grinned and for once, she meant it. "Very well. I suppose I can afford to be frank. I do not want to die. I very much enjoy living. Therefore it is in my best interest to ensure you and the other Digidestined win this battle. I will do anything I need to do to ensure that. Anything. Have no doubts about that." Alucia glanced at the other Virus Digimon. "Though your would-be partner seems to be reluctant. You are the only one amongst the destined who bothered to question me. The others will not survive long without you. The world is a dangerous place. Will you aid them, and by extension, my world?"

IC:

"Eh. Beats camping, and it's not like I have anything else to do. Other than sit around and wait to become lunch." The teenager shrugged, glancing at the unknown device in his hand. "And for the record, I did notice the subtle ego stroking at the end there. You seem to have a nasty habit of manipulation."

".... Fine. Sounds like there'll be more interesting fights out there anyway."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Leone: Far off in the distance a young man unsheathed a knife. He sliced the vines that he had gotten tangled in after appearing the sky just a few minutes ago. As the knife cut through the last vine he fell to the ground and landed on his knees. A strange device slipped out of his pocket.

The youth scratched his head and looked around. He was surrounded by trees on all sides and was still disoriented. As he took a cautious step forward he felt the device under his right boot. The young man hesitantly moved his foot and picked up the Digivice.

"What? This can't be... It must be a dream..." He examined it carefully and pocketed the Digivice. He could hear the unfamiliar sounds of whatever creatures lurked in this forest.

Elsewhere, a sleeping beast stirred.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC (Alucia)

Alucia laughed outloud at that. The sound was light, pleasant and for a moment one could have overlooked the grey skin and orange eyes. "You. You I like." She allowed a dry smile to come across her fingers. "You could say old habits die hard. Shall we return to the others?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC:"I reserve the right to call them on any foolishness they may attempt, but sure. Why not. I also have every intention of pestering you with any question that pops into my mind on the way."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"I would expect nothing less. Come." She gestured to the path she had taken. "It will be some time before we arrive. I travel faster alone." With that, she turned away and entered the shadows of the forest once more.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Alexander walked for a few minutes in silence, Guilmon stubbornly walking a few paces in front of him. He couldn't see Alucia very well anymore, but he could tell she was there. In the feeling-that-you're-being-watched way, rather than actually being able to see her.

"So, first of all, what's with the difference in size between, say, dino here and the sunflower? And the apparent power disparity between all three of you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: What are you confused about exactly Delta?

IC (Alucia)

"A question for a question. I answer, ask a question and you reply. Those are the terms of this little game. Do not break them." Alucia's voice seemed to come from two directions at once. Perhaps it was the wind. "Your friend is probably the weakest of those you mentioned, though he is powerful enough for one at his level. His potential however....is great. The foe he slew....was powerful. Fairly powerful and likely stronger then he. I am likely the strongest Digimon here. Though I expect that will change as you and your partner gain experience. Now; what is your name human?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Weak? Why you-"

"Shush." Alexander admonished, and the dragon-like Digimon fell silent, mostly out of surprise at having been told off. "Alexander Trask. And yours?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"Weakness is relative. Out of all Digimon at my level, I am likely the weakest. You are likely one of the strongest at your level. If that helps." Alucia paused, and one could almost here a smug grin form on her lips. "Alucia. A pleasure. You adapted to your change in circumstances quickly. You attacked that creature without fear. Are you a warrior?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC:"I'm a teenager. The biggest battle I fight is getting out of bed in the morning. Besides. the options were basically get turned into fertilizer, risk it and hope that whoever was scolding the thing wasn't hostile, or kick it in the face. I chose the latter." Guilmon, for his part, seemed rather satisfied by the response.

"You refer to levels. Would I be correct in assuming that you don't mean that metaphorically?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"Quite correct." Alucia's breath was, quite suddenly, against the back of Alexander's neck. She had gone from being at the front of the pack...to being directly behind him. "In a sense. Upon gaining enough life experience or with the aid of certain devices we digivolve. Change form. I am quite far along on that path. Or I was." Alucia shrugged. "Do your kind not work in the same basic way? As you grow older, you get taller, stronger...and, I hope, more intelligent. Or was I misinformed?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Zac, Bo, AbiZac slowly turned his head and ends, and saw that his fears were true..."Abi?!" Zac exclaimed, "I told you to stay home! Mom and dad thought boy and I were heading to soccer practice!""I couldn't resist!" Abigail said, "And guess what?""No,""I,""No!""Have a partner!" Abigail said happily, holding out Nyaromon,"No no no no NO!" Zac exclaimed,"Dude chill out!" Bo said, "At least she is with us!"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

Alexander's muscles tensed, as he resisted the urge to whirl around. The shadows were an inherently uneasy place for humans, and the shadows of an unknown world, with a vampire-esque creature somewhere within them didn't exactly help matter. Forcing his voice to stay calm, he replied.

"Not quite. We age and grow larger, and stronger, in a single continuous cycle. It peters off after roughly twenty years, at which point we remain at our peak until somewhere around forty, before we start to slowly decline."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: John John heard the voice shouting Bo and Zac's name; it sounded feminine."We'll I guess they found us." He shrugged. He would be on guard anyway, he felt less protected with Alucia gone, Koromon wasn't exactly very intimidating."Seems like you know her." IC: Kane"As you wish master... Just tell me when I do. I will take my leave now," he said as he stood and headed for the door. "Master if I may... Make an recommendation. The guards of your royal throne room leave much to e desired. I'm sure you can find a more powerful and intimidating Digimon to guard you then garbagemon? Even it's intelligent seems incredibly lacking."

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC (Alucia)

Interesting. He felt fear, but he kept it under control. He had shown no fear when confronted by the other Digimon....but when she merely appeared behind him, he became quite tense. Perhaps it was due to the darkness, or perhaps it had simply been surprise. She rather suspected it was not, but one should never rule anything out. "My sympathy. To be born merely to die must be an overwhelming burden. Now, I believe it is your turn to ask a question. Do hurry. We are close to the others." There was a trace of genuine sympathy in her voice, much to her surprise.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:Actually, I prefer to think that knowing we will pass forces us to make the most of the time we know we have. We procrastinate less then I imagine those who do not die of old age would.""Final question, for the moment, at least. Dino here mentioned that your kind have mostly gone to the aid this darkness. You haven't, and instead, you're fighting against it. Despite, as you put it, an old habit of manipulation.""Why?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zac, Bo and Abi"Because she is my little sister," Zac said, "Whom I told to stay home!" IC: ShadowBmon"NO....I HaVE mY ReAsONS.... I wAnT weAK defENcEs FoR NOw..."

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC (Alucia)

"So much must be forgotten. Surely, when you first appeared, there were those who thought their names and deeds would survive them....but how many can you name if there is only a mere record? Records can be destroyed...." Alucia trailed off. "Apologies. I nearly broke the rules of the game. As I told you, I wish to survive. The corruption threatens all of us.....and I have lost much to it. Many of my powers, my castle, my title. I wish to retake these things. If the corruption remains, taking them back is almost impossible. If the Digidestined were to defeat the corruption.....well, I am certain you can see where this heading. I shan't insult your intelligence further. We are nearly there." Alucia gestured to a bright clearing up ahead.

IC: John"You're little sister?" John said surprised. "Ah, I don't have a sister but I'm sure this isn't a place you'd want to bring her." Koromon bounced over to Abi. "Hi I'm Koromon!" IC: Kane"What ever you say my master," Kane said coldly. He turned away from the shadow. "Darkfang, come." He said as he swept out of the throne room with his BlackGabumon at his heels."

IC:

"Good. I prefer to know where I stand with the people I'm going to be working with." Alexander commented, as they finally stepped into the clearing. He could see a few people in the distance, most of them with small, round bundles in their arms. Apparently, those were their partners.

".... Please tell me they're not as foolish as they look right now."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Alucia)

"They are indeed...the Digidestined." Alucia grinned as she stepped into the clearing. "I have returned with another addition for our little band." She glanced around the clearing just as she took note of the two new scents. "I see you have found another member of the destined. Excellent."

IC: Zac, Bo and Abi"Which is why I told her not to come!" Zac said,"Hi, I'm Abigail," abi said to Koromon, "Zac I'm 12 now! Ican take care of myself!"

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

IC: JohnThe dark haired teen looked up to see what appeared to be Alucia flanked by another guy around his age; and what appeared to be a red dinosaur. "Glad you're back, is that your Digimon?" He asked the stranger."And it's more like she found us, Alucia.""Hello human girl Abi, what is your Digimon called? I haven't seen that kind before." Koromon said.

IC: Zac, Abi"I'm a Nyaromon," Nyaromon said,"And she will be leaving!" Zac said,"I don't know how to get back!" Abi said,"Guys please pipe down!" Bo said,

IC:"From what I've witnessed, one doesn't exactly possess a Digimon, as the term "your" seems to imply. Let alone this one." Alexander commented, glancing at the louder, even less mature members of the group.

Just my luck.

fK5oqYf.jpg