• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Gavram

chainsaw shields because why not

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,599 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2013 - 08:36 AM

"I am angry chainsaw man"Posted Image [color=#8b4513;][font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]                              ^   L I N K   T O   F U L L   P A G E   ^[/color][/font]  So here's another MOC. Built him pretty quickly- maybe three hours or so. No backstory or anything. :P

The shields were a late addition, and the saws were an even later addition to those. Additional commentary is at the bottom of the linked page.

Feedback is appreciated. ;)

If you haven't, be sure to check out [color=#8b4513;]The Many Deaths of Toa Likus[/color]!

Edited by Chro, Mar 30 2013 - 08:38 AM.

CHRO IS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PHOENIX
EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#2 Offline Dragonstar7

Dragonstar7
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,813 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2013 - 08:55 AM

I like how you built the whole thing. The Rodes makes an interesting addition to the armor, and the chainsaws to the arm.

#3 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,599 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2013 - 09:07 AM

Thanks TD7. The MOC was originally going to have a Rode for the main Kanohi, but I decided that I liked them better on the torso, so I used the Miru. :)

EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#4 Offline Your Evil Friend

Your Evil Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Submerged!

• 1,166 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 30 2013 - 09:58 AM

Wow this is awesome. I really like the mask colour actually. It gives it a sort of Boba Fett rusted look.Shame you couldnt get a few more parts in that type of silver to add to the effect/

#5 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 533 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2013 - 10:32 AM

This MOC is insane! While I believe that sharper weapons could've looked better, the techniques used here are very impressive. And using masks for armor, coupled with a rather rare color scheme makes it stand out even more. Nicely done!:tohu:

sig_banner.png

< Curious? Click the pic!!! ^ >

Here are my current PBZP's.  (Note: PBZP topics are mostly* dead. DON'T REVIVE!!!)

Completed In Progress             < A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  Lii  M  N  O   Q  R  S  T  U  V  Vii  W  X  Y  Z >          

#6 Offline Shadow Flaredrick

Shadow Flaredrick
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,492 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2013 - 12:18 PM

I love what you did with the Komau's they look awesome. Plus this guy is the equivalent in Bionicle, as the Texas Chainsaw Massacre guy. The rust gold Miru really gives him a  dark look with the silver and brown.

Bionicle Hitman VI: Final Hour Guns, Explosions, and hoards of countless enemies!

Join before all 12 spots are filled!

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#7 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,599 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 30 2013 - 02:44 PM

Wow this is awesome. I really like the mask colour actually. It gives it a sort of Boba Fett rusted look.Shame you couldnt get a few more parts in that type of silver to add to the effect/

Thanks Sam. I'm pretty sure that there weren't other parts in that color aside form more masks, though I'm likely wrong about that. :)

This MOC is insane! While I believe that sharper weapons could've looked better, the techniques used here are very impressive. And using masks for armor, coupled with a rather rare color scheme makes it stand out even more. Nicely done! :tohu:

Thanks Darksiderz. Perhaps they would've, haha. I do like using masks as armor whenever it looks good. ;)

I love what you did with the Komau's they look awesome. Plus this guy is the equivalent in Bionicle, as the Texas Chainsaw Massacre guy. The rust gold Miru really gives him a  dark look with the silver and brown.

Hahahaha! :lol: My friends were joking about TCM last night when I was posting this. Also, rust gold? This is just off-colored silver, I think. Thanks TFO.

Edited by Chro, Mar 30 2013 - 02:45 PM.

EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#8 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 723 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2013 - 10:54 AM

I like how you gave him the "hulk out" build without killing the proportions or making it look like just giving him thick armor. Lego has been notorious for this, and Gavram has avoided this. I also really like the color scheme. It and his physique both fit my idea of a toa of iron.

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png

OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome.

#9 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,599 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2013 - 01:50 PM

Thank you, Malignus. The muscular look came about by accident; I'd intended these forearms to be leg sections, then decided it look bad, and when I put them on the arms, they looked good... except that they were so long they'd warrant a titan-sized build, which I (almost?) did.

I think he might be too tall to be a Toa, but a being of Iron? Sure. :P

EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#10 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 723 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2013 - 07:51 PM

Thank you, Malignus. The muscular look came about by accident; I'd intended these forearms to be leg sections, then decided it look bad, and when I put them on the arms, they looked good... except that they were so long they'd warrant a titan-sized build, which I (almost?) did.

I think he might be too tall to be a Toa, but a being of Iron? Sure. :P

Remember that when a matoran becomes a toa, *usually* they look like they believe a toa looks like. Maybe the matoran saw Krekka and decided a toa should look like that to be able to match him?

card_newmat.png

OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome.

#11 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,599 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2013 - 08:24 PM

Haha! :lol: Good point. That only works within certain boundaries, apparently, and one of those is body mass. 

EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

#12 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 723 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 31 2013 - 11:31 PM

I think Krekka wants to go. Gavram should take care of that.

card_newmat.png

#13 Offline Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,599 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 09 2013 - 06:10 AM

Haha! :lol: That reminds me, maybe I should give Gavram some slight storyline relevance.

Hmm... let's see. Hired soldier defending Xian trading vessels, until he got involved in a scheme to rob several, now on the run?

EXCEPT MORE PAINFUL

Brickshelf
 MOCpages
➠ flickr
YouTube

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users