Who Is (And Isn't) The Great Being?

I haven't read the whole thread, so I apologize if someone already brought this up, but I'm 98% sure it's an OOMN member, for several reasons:1) No OOMN member was mind-wiped. Self-explanatory2) Dedicated to serving Mata Nui (GB would make sure MU robot finished his job)3) Most powerful/knowledgeable group in MU (GB would make sure to integrate himself with powerful beings and intelligence for when he needed to eliminate rivals)So for me the question becomes which OOMN member it is... It can't be Helryx, Axonn or Brutaka (All accounted for currently/confirmed by Greg), and the only other developed characters are the three writer-based characters (Tobduk and two others whose names I can't remember) Ancient (dead), Umbra (possibility, but not likely imo), Mazeka (not even remotely likely imo), and one more that has quite a bit of evidence for him...Krakua, Toa of Sonics.1) OOMN Member2) Different from other De-matoran (similar situation to Takua)3) Time Trap Incident (highly suspicious action coming from a common De-Toa)4) Clues within TPTB: a) "humming to himself" (Krakua was shunned by De-Matoran because he hummed a lot) http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png "baleful eyes" (just a re-usage of a fairly uncommon word, but still) c) "good day, if a noisy one" (Another sound reference)5) It would be awesome for a fan-made character to become a core player in the story (not really a logical reason, but you have to admit it would be cool)Of course, the TPTB references assume that the killer and the GB are the same person (the overwhelmingly more likely option imo; after all, only a GB would be able to easily kill TK and Karz, and have no worries about Helryx, Miserix, and other powerful beings in one place; also, "the plan" would match with what Orde found, and suit a GB).The only argument I could see against Krakua would be that he was apparently rigging the fortress to be destroyed ("a little of this, a little of that"), while his sword could "shatter mountains." This is a weak argument at best, though, because there could be a reason for him to not use a sonic vibration (it would be quite loud, and could possibly give him away because his power is unique, right?), and it's not even certain what "a little of this" means!So imo, Krakua is the most likely candidate.inb4someonesaysthatsomeoneelsealreadycameupwiththat :P :akaku:

Edited by Akaku94

I haven't read the whole thread, so I apologize if someone already brought this up, but I'm 98% sure it's an OOMN member, for several reasons:1) No OOMN member was mind-wiped. Self-explanatory2) Dedicated to serving Mata Nui (GB would make sure MU robot finished his job)3) Most powerful/knowledgeable group in MU (GB would make sure to integrate himself with powerful beings and intelligence for when he needed to eliminate rivals)So for me the question becomes which OOMN member it is... It can't be Helryx, Axonn or Brutaka (All accounted for currently/confirmed by Greg), and the only other developed characters are the three writer-based characters (Tobduk and two others whose names I can't remember) Ancient (dead), Umbra (possibility, but not likely imo), Mazeka (not even remotely likely imo), and one more that has quite a bit of evidence for him...Krakua, Toa of Sonics.1) OOMN Member2) Different from other De-matoran (similar situation to Takua)3) Time Trap Incident (highly suspicious action coming from a common De-Toa)4) Clues within TPTB: a) "humming to himself" (Krakua was shunned by De-Matoran because he hummed a lot) http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png "baleful eyes" (just a re-usage of a fairly uncommon word, but still) c) "good day, if a noisy one" (Another sound reference)5) It would be awesome for a fan-made character to become a core player in the story (not really a logical reason, but you have to admit it would be cool)Of course, the TPTB references assume that the killer and the GB are the same person (the overwhelmingly more likely option imo; after all, only a GB would be able to easily kill TK and Karz, and have no worries about Helryx, Miserix, and other powerful beings in one place; also, "the plan" would match with what Orde found, and suit a GB).The only argument I could see against Krakua would be that he was apparently rigging the fortress to be destroyed ("a little of this, a little of that"), while his sword could "shatter mountains." This is a weak argument at best, though, because there could be a reason for him to not use a sonic vibration (it would be quite loud, and could possibly give him away because his power is unique, right?), and it's not even certain what "a little of this" means!So imo, Krakua is the most likely candidate.inb4someonesaysthatsomeoneelsealreadycameupwiththat :P :akaku:

This.

Krakua recently became an Order of Mata Nui member, so he was affected by the Time Slip. :)

The Time Slip wiped memories? I thought it was just a period of 6 months in which no one has any memories and there are no records. Wouldn't they still remember pre-Time Slip events?

Kazi or Velika are my choices, simply because they were a great part of 2006 and I would be fine seeing more of those two :)I'm curious how living "still living" is? Mostly because I'm curious if Hydraxon counts.I also note that the Hagah are not ruled out. Or Mavrah (if that really is Mavrah up on the red star) for that matter. The Barraki were made by Mata Nui, of course, so they're out. Krahka would be quite a stretch, and Nektann's really not a big enough character to be a twist.It's also a shame the character's definitely male, or Roodaka, Tuyet and Lariska would be my main guesses.Yeah, still saying Kazi/Velika, although there is one other I'm intrigued by: Dweller. He's one of the few Dark Hunters who have been seen in the main story who aren't currently dead or inside of real!Irnakk. Either one I'd be satisfied with, though.

fiestajacknoirbanner.png

Comedy: "Made in Denmark" (currently on hold) || Epic: "Six in a Hundred"

"And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why we can't have nice things." - Spi

The only argument I could see against Krakua would be that he was apparently rigging the fortress to be destroyed ("a little of this, a little of that"), while his sword could "shatter mountains." This is a weak argument at best, though, because there could be a reason for him to not use a sonic vibration (it would be quite loud, and could possibly give him away because his power is unique, right?), and it's not even certain what "a little of this" means!

Well, I think we're all assuming a huge fortress is about to be reduced to rubble. You don't think that's going to make any noise? I think either if he uses his sword, or if he is rigging some kind of an explosive up, it's going to give his position away to anything in the vicinity, either way.And as far as this Great being and the murderer being the same person; I hope they're two different beings.Edit: You know, I just had another thought. For those who think this great being is Krakua, as well as the murderer, what about Marendar? He was built the same time the MU was, as a contingency just in case the Toa didn't shut down. So, this great being knew of it's power and reason for being built. If this great being chose Krakua, would he potentially want a creation, "capable of defeating toa", hunting him? Edited by Aldian

Krakua is recruited in a back story from BIA, and we're not sure exactly when it was; all we know is that it's before Karda Nui, and that he's a Toa by then. The recruitment episode could have been some time before the time slip, right? If so, he would not have been mind-wiped because he would have been in the OOMN by then...@aldian, I meant that a fortress being destroyed sounds like a fortress being destroyed, but if you hear something like a sonic boom, it would make it pretty obvious that sonic power was involved. Furthermore, rubble is one thing, but if it was disintegrated by a sonic shock wave, it would point to Krakua, giving away his identity...

Edited by Akaku94

what about Marendar? He was built the same time the MU was, as a contingency just in case the Toa didn't shut down. So, this great being knew of it's power and reason for being built. If this great being chose Krakua, would he potentially want a creation, "capable of defeating toa", hunting him?

Oh, my... :bigeek: Never thought about him, as he can be found very rarely. Well, it's a shocking but perfect couple of characters if you got the point: a Great Being who wants to cause great harm all over the world and one of the most powerful (it's a weapon capable to do a Toa genocide...) of his species' creations.-checking on BS01......-checking clues to the mysterious character......-formulating new answer......-Done.Well, I'm sorry but Marendar is out of the list. Even if I totally supported your idea, it cannot be the GB as the GB was intended to be inside MU ( check start of the topic to find out :lookhere:), so... Theory rejected.

Well, I'm sorry but Marendar is out of the list. Even if I totally supported your idea, it cannot be the GB as the GB was intended to be inside MU ( check start of the topic to find out :lookhere:), so... Theory rejected.

I believe you misunderstood my post. I was saying if the Great being chose to be Krakua, wouldn't it be a bad thing that there would potentially be a powerful creation(Marendar), that would eventually hunt him down? Wouldn't that obstruct his plans? That's what I was going for, not trying to theorize that Marendar was the great being.

Yeah, still saying Kazi/Velika, although there is one other I'm intrigued by: Dweller. He's one of the few Dark Hunters who have been seen in the main story who aren't currently dead

That was my pre-downtime theory. It would be interesting. After all, he spies on post-cataclysm Metru Nui. Wouldn't that be like monitering vital signs of the MU?

aouROFb.png

Either Krakua, or one of the Voya Nui Matoran. Probably Velika, seeing as he is so smart... and did he fix Lewa's sword, or just offer to?

He fixed Lewa's air katana, without having seen one before. That's definitely a strong argument for Velika being "the" GB.
One of the Matoran had two kantana on the set.

Could it possibly be Miserex? I don't have much reason, it's just a hunch...

It can't be Miserix, as he's in the GB fortress along with Artakha, Helryx, etc.Maybe I should update the post stating who are in the GB fortress...

jlovfkk.jpg

(Velika) fixed Lewa's air katana, without having seen one before. That's definitely a strong argument for Velika being "the" GB.

One of the Matoran had two kantana on the set.
Yeah, but that's because Lego doesn't have massive amounts of cool looking weapons. The weapons do something else, they just happen to look like Lewa's air katanas. Anyway, I think Velika is a good guess, or someone like him. He's been around for a while, but isn't to developed so it wouldn't take away from the character; he's important, but minor enough too.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Well, I'm sorry but Marendar is out of the list. Even if I totally supported your idea, it cannot be the GB as the GB was intended to be inside MU ( check start of the topic to find out :lookhere:), so... Theory rejected.

I believe you misunderstood my post. I was saying if the Great being chose to be Krakua, wouldn't it be a bad thing that there would potentially be a powerful creation(Marendar), that would eventually hunt him down? Wouldn't that obstruct his plans? That's what I was going for, not trying to theorize that Marendar was the great being.
Whoops, sorry. :rolleyes: You're right, I misunderstood your post. So, again, sorry.

I still think it is Trinuma for five reasons:
  • [*]
He is a member of the OoMN - That means no time slip for him, plus he could have been anywhere in the MU.[*]We know pretty much nothing about him. Perfect for someone who will later be revealed as a Great Being.[*]His mask. Think about it. A mask of Charisma? That would be helpful to a Great Being. :lookhere:[*]Great buildings like to build? Why was he chosen to use the Staff of Artakha?[*]This is from BS01: "Trinuma revealed that Vezon was to betray the Order and the entire universe."

-Fivrik-

PM me if you attend Dixie State College or BYU or know someone who does
Or at least live in or are from southern Utah

I still think it is Trinuma for five reasons:

• [*]
He is a member of the OoMN - That means no time slip for him, plus he could have been anywhere in the MU.[*]We know pretty much nothing about him. Perfect for someone who will later be revealed as a Great Being.[*]His mask. Think about it. A mask of Charisma? That would be helpful to a Great Being. :lookhere:[*]Great buildings like to build? Why was he chosen to use the Staff of Artakha?[*]This is from BS01: "Trinuma revealed that Vezon was to betray the Order and the entire universe."

-Fivrik-

good point, but i have some contradctions and additions.1. i agree with that2. nothing wrong there3. hmm, good point4. he didnt use it, but he

Trinuma placed the staff into a niche inside a spherical chamber so that it could be used

he didnt use it, but he just put it in the "spherical chamber"5. you forgot to mention that he revealed it to vezonalso, adding to your theory:according to bs01:

Trinuma has a serious, no-nonsense attitude

that seems fitting for a GBand

his mind is shielded from telepathy and other forms of mental probing or attack

a GB would be mentally defensive

Trinuma has two Nynrah Ghost Blasters mounted on his back. They grant him the ability to take control of any mechanical object fired at

that way he could control his creations, which a GB would want to do.comments, critisism?

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Hey there, It sure has been a long time since I've visited this cite. Since My ilness I've neglected a lot of things, Including the Late Matoran of Adhesion/cohesion Saga I had planned to Create with the help of Lego Obsessionist at least 2 years ago. I have a ton of content on my Computer but I have no ability to Create and edit it for now.But I think I'll get back to it someday =)Now Who do I think the Great Being is?Well the only being that makes sense to me would be Zaktan the "late" Piraka and here's why1. When Zaktan was Hit with the Shadowed one's Eyebeams, he Transfromed into a mass of Protodites instead of mearly disintagrating.I don't have the link to the direct quote but if you look up Trivia about Zaktan on Biosector01 you'll find the Quote that Greg Made about this when asked how Zaktan could have survived.He clearified that Zaktan was Probably a Mutant before he was even experiemented on by Sphira.2. the Great being's main goal was to figure out how the MU worked so that he could later exploit it for his own gain.We all know that Zaktan's personality was easily as evil or maybe even More evil than Terridax himself, as he would work things out to Match his goals no matter who he Murdered in the proccess.This strikes me as very similar to the GB's Apperant personaility for unrestrained conquest.3. When Zaktan was exposed to the Pit Mutagen on his way to the mask of Life, he lost most of his Protodites and his ability to breath air.After being Seamingly anihilated by Teridax's Sonic attack, We learned from Greg that he Felt that it would benifit the Story if He Killed off Zaktan.what happened next is what really gave me the impression that Zaktan could be the GB was that when the Skatdi Fusion was created, a Mysterious Green Cloud Rose from the Cavern's lake and quickly entered into the Vat of Energized protodermis, and completed the Proccess.When Annona Analysed the Fusion she stated that there was "one thought dead" making up the being.Now the reason I'm convinced that the "One thought dead" is Zaktan and not Teridax, is because, for one thing Teridax was the kind of Being that would seek out the very best for himself and ignore all other alternitives.With the Full power of the Mata Nui Robot at his disposal he could have easily created Such Fusions for himself to command while still controling the entire robot, it would have been a waste of his time using EP as the Medium for Creating beings.also, while Teridax' Antidermis can function in both water and air meaning he could have just as easily been hovering near the Cavern's ceilings as in the lake, Zaktan's Protodites required Water to breath.4. Oh and I have to add that Zaktan was the only being other than Terridax that knew the Full extent of Terridax Plan and how the Mata Nui Robot Functioned. As we saw in one of the Books during The Voya-Nui series, where Zaktan channeled his Protodites into a secrete room underneath a Brotherhood Fortress, and was able to memorize the Carvings on the Walls before he Destoryed them with his Eye-beams.It explicitly states there that he determined that this information would be of great use to him later. Now if you add up all the evidence, you'll see a good deal of the requirements of the Great Being fulfilled in Zaktan.1. He didn't die and actually gained an important ability instead.2. He Observed Teridax Plan, and all the information about the workings of the Mata Nui robot that were required for it to be caried out successfully.3. Greg "killed" him off for an important reason in the story that is starting to make sense now.4. He's at least as Evil as Terridax but I'm actually convinced that he's more Evil than him because while Teridax mistakenly believes that those he conqures will apreciate his rule, Zaktan apears to Know that what he is doing is wrong and he really enjoyes doing it.So while this may amount to nothing in the long term, I feel that what matters about a theory is that it takes all the facts into acount and when completed it Withstands the tests of time.

Edited by Monturrock

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writing is seeing another world through your eyes and showing it to the eyes of the world.

~Me

What have we here?, It's the catch of the day and it looks like I've caught my favorite Prey, Barraki.

~Anonymous Toa of Adhesion

"Why not Zoidberg?"I apologize, it just had to be said.Anyway, I personally think it could be Miserix. Why? Because he was not only the first Makuta, but he is also too obvious of a canidate. Therefore, because he is obvious we would ignore him and think instead that the GB being a Po-Matoran.

Trinuma has two Nynrah Ghost Blasters mounted on his back. They grant him the ability to take control of any mechanical object fired at

that way he could control his creations, which a GB would want to do.
The great being wanted only to observe his creation and see how it worked; He didn't want to have any influence over it. And as far as Trinuma having the mash of Charisma, that was from a poll a while back, so Greg didn't choose his mask.

Well the only being that makes sense to me would be Zaktan the "late" Piraka

It can't be Zaktan, for if he is still alive, he is now merged with all those other beings. Zaktan is not in control of that Gold fusion, not one of those beings who merged are. When Wairuha and Akamai were created by the Toa Mata, none of them specifically were in control. When they merged, they created an entirely different being and conscious. So, if the great being was in control of Zaktan, and Zaktan was still alive and merged to make Gold fusion, there would no longer be that great being.

Anyway, I personally think it could be Miserix.

Miserix is in the fortress with that trapped great being, and it's been confirmed that anyone in there is ruled out. Plus, if Miserix was, there is a good chance that trapped great being might detect him.

I noticed in Federation of Fear or something like that, Vezon hummed to himself...Vezon would make sense, though. If the GB had put himself into Vezok, then when the Spear of Fusion was used on him, what came out was the GB (Vezon), and what was left over was the ORIGINAL Vezok.EDIT: Duh, Vezon is in the fortress, isn't he? Oh well...

Edited by tarma2007

Here's my credo. There are no good guns, there are no bad guns. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a good man is no threat to anyone, except bad people.

For those of you who think that the GB might be one of the Doomtoran (Voya Nui Matoran), how do you incorporate Karzhani's 'repairs' into your theory? I don't mean to be rude, but I'd like to see what you guys think.

I personally believe that if it is one of the Voya Nui Matoran, he/she (Remember that Mr. Farshtey doesn't want to ruin a strong female character. Now, admittedly, Dalu is quite strong, so we might be able to completely dismiss her as a candidate, but I don't think that that is the sense of the word that he meant. :P ) was sent to Karzahni because he/she wasn't laboring as much as he/she should have (maybe they were observing instead of working) or he/she sustained an injury (for this sake, let's assume that it's the former). Then, after he/she was "fixed" and was sent to the Southern Continent, he/she might try to hone in and learn as much about the region as he/she could instead of a learning less about a greater multitude of locations (like he/she likely did before he was sent to Karzahni). The fact that his/her own creations shipped (insane Turaga) and "repaired" (Karzahni) him/her might cause him/her to seek vengeance upon the Spherus Magnans (which I suppose the Matoran Universe denizens are now) and the planet itself.

As long as the repairs don't affect the spirit residing in the body, it should be fine. :shrugs:

Ah, I see. It makes sense. Thanks for answering, guys. :)

But was not Marendar created after Mata Nui left Spherus/Bara Magna?

Hey there, It sure has been a long time since I've visited this cite. Since My ilness I've neglected a lot of things, Including the Late Matoran of Adhesion/cohesion Saga I had planned to Create with the help of Lego Obsessionist at least 2 years ago. I have a ton of content on my Computer but I have no ability to Create and edit it for now.But I think I'll get back to it someday =)Now Who do I think the Great Being is?Well the only being that makes sense to me would be Zaktan the "late" Piraka and here's why1. When Zaktan was Hit with the Shadowed one's Eyebeams, he Transfromed into a mass of Protodites instead of mearly disintagrating.I don't have the link to the direct quote but if you look up Trivia about Zaktan on Biosector01 you'll find the Quote that Greg Made about this when asked how Zaktan could have survived.He clearified that Zaktan was Probably a Mutant before he was even experiemented on by Sphira.2. the Great being's main goal was to figure out how the MU worked so that he could later exploit it for his own gain.We all know that Zaktan's personality was easily as evil or maybe even More evil than Terridax himself, as he would work things out to Match his goals no matter who he Murdered in the proccess.This strikes me as very similar to the GB's Apperant personaility for unrestrained conquest.3. When Zaktan was exposed to the Pit Mutagen on his way to the mask of Life, he lost most of his Protodites and his ability to breath air.After being Seamingly anihilated by Teridax's Sonic attack, We learned from Greg that he Felt that it would benifit the Story if He Killed off Zaktan.what happened next is what really gave me the impression that Zaktan could be the GB was that when the Skatdi Fusion was created, a Mysterious Green Cloud Rose from the Cavern's lake and quickly entered into the Vat of Energized protodermis, and completed the Proccess.When Annona Analysed the Fusion she stated that there was "one thought dead" making up the being.Now the reason I'm convinced that the "One thought dead" is Zaktan and not Teridax, is because, for one thing Teridax was the kind of Being that would seek out the very best for himself and ignore all other alternitives.With the Full power of the Mata Nui Robot at his disposal he could have easily created Such Fusions for himself to command while still controling the entire robot, it would have been a waste of his time using EP as the Medium for Creating beings.also, while Teridax' Antidermis can function in both water and air meaning he could have just as easily been hovering near the Cavern's ceilings as in the lake, Zaktan's Protodites required Water to breath.4. Oh and I have to add that Zaktan was the only being other than Terridax that knew the Full extent of Terridax Plan and how the Mata Nui Robot Functioned. As we saw in one of the Books during The Voya-Nui series, where Zaktan channeled his Protodites into a secrete room underneath a Brotherhood Fortress, and was able to memorize the Carvings on the Walls before he Destoryed them with his Eye-beams.It explicitly states there that he determined that this information would be of great use to him later. Now if you add up all the evidence, you'll see a good deal of the requirements of the Great Being fulfilled in Zaktan.1. He didn't die and actually gained an important ability instead.2. He Observed Teridax Plan, and all the information about the workings of the Mata Nui robot that were required for it to be caried out successfully.3. Greg "killed" him off for an important reason in the story that is starting to make sense now.4. He's at least as Evil as Terridax but I'm actually convinced that he's more Evil than him because while Teridax mistakenly believes that those he conqures will apreciate his rule, Zaktan apears to Know that what he is doing is wrong and he really enjoyes doing it.So while this may amount to nothing in the long term, I feel that what matters about a theory is that it takes all the facts into acount and when completed it Withstands the tests of time.

I hope you're feeling better!Your theory sounds solid, but still, Greg rarely brings characters back from the dead, so I'm not sure if Zaktann is the right person. However, he does sound viable.

that way he could control his creations, which a GB would want to do.
The great being wanted only to observe his creation and see how it worked; He didn't want to have any influence over it. And as far as Trinuma having the mash of Charisma, that was from a poll a while back, so Greg didn't choose his mask.

Well the only being that makes sense to me would be Zaktan the "late" Piraka

It can't be Zaktan, for if he is still alive, he is now merged with all those other beings. Zaktan is not in control of that Gold fusion, not one of those beings who merged are. When Wairuha and Akamai were created by the Toa Mata, none of them specifically were in control. When they merged, they created an entirely different being and conscious. So, if the great being was in control of Zaktan, and Zaktan was still alive and merged to make Gold fusion, there would no longer be that great being.

Anyway, I personally think it could be Miserix.

Miserix is in the fortress with that trapped great being, and it's been confirmed that anyone in there is ruled out. Plus, if Miserix was, there is a good chance that trapped great being might detect him.
Wasn't Zaktann already 'dead' by the time of the fusion? If he survived, the only way he could have been part of the fusion is if he was the mysterious green energy that possessed it. Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

alright i have a few ideas on who it might bethese are my ideas1.jerbraz2.darknessWell those are the 2 i think might be the great being

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

alright i have a few ideas on who it might be these are my ideas 1.jerbraz 2.darkness Well those are the 2 i think might be the great being

why do you think they are the GBexplain

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

alright i have a few ideas on who it might be these are my ideas 1.jerbraz 2.darkness Well those are the 2 i think might be the great being

why do you think they are the GBexplain
1.jerbraz I think it is jerbraz because he is invisible and would be perfect for monitoring events without being known. and who is to say that he really can become visible but is using it as a perfect excuse and is mind is shielded so all the better2.darkness I feel that Darkness is also a good candidate because he is always with the Shadowed one and sees everything he sees and knows everything the shadowed one does which could also mean he knows updates the shadowed one receives such as when the he was told about nihdiki and krekkas death. And isn't kind of convenient that the shadowed one has been missing since mata-nui defeated teridax and most likely Darkness is with him even without him knowing.That is why i think they could be perfect for Great Being material.Also does anyone know if greg said the great being would also exist in an alternate reality? because if so then Darkness might not be the great being since he was also in the Toa empire reality and he died in that one.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

it can't be a toa or makuta, they fight battles and the try to destroy/save mata nui, and a GB would have not been doing that. I dont think dark hunters work either, they go along with makuta in that catagorie. mabye its from an undescoverd island, kinda like keetongu.

I don't see why the Great Being cannot be a Toa. Taking over a Toa would definitely be great for him to observe the Matoran Universe. :)

jlovfkk.jpg

it can't be a toa or makuta, they fight battles and the try to destroy/save mata nui, and a GB would have not been doing that. I dont think dark hunters work either, they go along with makuta in that catagorie. mabye its from an undescoverd island, kinda like keetongu.

I don't see why the Great Being cannot be a Toa. Taking over a Toa would definitely be great for him to observe the Matoran Universe. :)
But if he was a Toa, he'd be expected to defend Matoran, take an active role in events, and follow the Toa Code. This seems to be a bit too much for a being who simply wants to observe. Besides, remember that the Great Being put his spirit in a biomechanical body, meaning the being he is pretending to be has no destiny given to him by Mata Nui. Would he really have any Toa powers? It's like putting on a suit off armor; he shouldn't really have any powers. Then again, we don't know what the Great Beings are capable of, but still....

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

But if he was a Toa, he'd be expected to defend Matoran, take an active role in events, and follow the Toa Code. This seems to be a bit too much for a being who simply wants to observe. Besides, remember that the Great Being put his spirit in a biomechanical body, meaning the being he is pretending to be has no destiny given to him by Mata Nui. Would he really have any Toa powers? It's like putting on a suit off armor; he shouldn't really have any powers. Then again, we don't know what the Great Beings are capable of, but still....
I must say that a spirit possessing a body with no powers was seen when tren krom possessed lewa's body and he had no access to lewa's powers so that is likely. Also after reading some more into this i have one big question: What if the great being in question is how could you say evil or was shunned by the fellow great beings? If you think about it why would he have given such information to a bunch of (Predator)-like vorox about toa and how to halt their powers which if spread to other beings even the dark hunters could be fatal for the dwindling toa race. In my mind that raises a flag that he could be evil. And i really think that those vorox will someday spread that information.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Perhaps Mazeka? Currently he's not up to much at this point in the storyline, and he's been closer to the action than most matoran, which would be good from an observing point of view.I'll admit I haven't put much evidence there, and that there is more to suggest Krakua or Takadox. And knowing me someones probably mentioned him already, and he's been disproved :P However, I've always found Mazeka an interesting character, so I figure maybe....

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I was thinking about Darkness as well. He is physically powerful, which is something I'd go for if I were trapping myself in a massive, potentially hostile experimental environment. He is able to defeat the Shadowed One yet he doesn't, even though that's more or less the only mission TSO has given him. He spends his entire time observing and doesn't seem to care about much that's going on. And here's the kicker:

However, even when he does not travel with the Shadowed One, he still manages to watch him.

So he has a mysterious ability to watch TSO at all times. Who says he can't employ that to watch the entire MU?Also, Parugi, there's a reason codenames are called codenames: they're names as well. I think this criterion should be understood in the sense that it can't be that Skakdi with a mace from Destiny War, or a random Nynrah Ghost etc.

I was thinking about Darkness as well. He is physically powerful, which is something I'd go for if I were trapping myself in a massive, potentially hostile experimental environment. He is able to defeat the Shadowed One yet he doesn't, even though that's more or less the only mission TSO has given him. He spends his entire time observing and doesn't seem to care about much that's going on. And here's the kicker:

However, even when he does not travel with the Shadowed One, he still manages to watch him.

So he has a mysterious ability to watch TSO at all times. Who says he can't employ that to watch the entire MU?Also, Parugi, there's a reason codenames are called codenames: they're names as well. I think this criterion should be understood in the sense that it can't be that Skakdi with a mace from Destiny War, or a random Nynrah Ghost etc.
that is like the exact reason i think darkness could be the great being in disguise. he always sees what is going on.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

My problem with the whole "he was mind wiped, therefore couldn't be the Great Being" thing is that he's a Great Being for crying out loud. I know Greg acknowledged that it ruled out all of the Metru Nui Matoran, but I'm pretty sure the Great Being would have some mental superiority to small Matoran pods. Also, I feel like the Matoran pods would erase data on the Matoran's brain/hard drive and that the Great Being would probably go in as a spirit and would be somewhat separate from the whole system in general.But anyway... I'm stuck between Velika and Krakua. Metagaming it here (IDK if that's the right word :lol:), but Greg said that whoever he chose he would lose as a regular character. Therefore, it definitely rules out Takadox because he's Greg's favorite Barraki and I'm fairly sure Greg wouldn't want to lose his favorite character. As for Krakua or Velika, I'm leaning towards Velika as the loss of having Krakua as a regular character is greater than the loss of having Velika as a regular character. At the same time, Greg hasn't really focused on Krakua, so he's still in the game IMO. Yeah, no story reasons for backing it up from me. :P

Edited by Lewa Krom

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey