Bzprpg - Kini-Nui

Friar Tuck

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui)Xerov shrugged. "He has a better shot at it than any of the rest of us. Right after we left that shrine, you know, Makuta gave him a vision, telling him where to find the others who would join the battle at Pala-Koro."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC IraI had caught up with the group and looked at the "ritual" Echelon was performing. Answering Feongulf's question even though it wasn't directed to me, I said "It's not if Echelon can summon the Makuta; it's if the Makuta chooses to be summoned. For all we know it could be Heuani or Ronkshou coming out from that hole."

IC. Kini-Nui."Showing one a vision and physically manifesting oneself are two different things. Obviously." He retorted. He crossed his arms. Makuta hadn't shown himself yet, but Kyju had chosen to trust Echelon. He hadn't witnessed him being wrong before. Either he would do this, or be ignored. There was no in between. Failure or success.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC. Kini-Nui."About five minutes ago, when I addressed Echelon. It was pretty blatant, but I can see how you would get confused." He spat back, face bored. He didn't realize why he gave Xerov the time of day."Simple manners? Give Ira a break, Xerov, we both know that takes intelligence. You can't expect Ira to adhere."

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui)"Last I checked, the conversation was between her and me," I point out, gesturing at the Fe-Matoran, "Meaning that addressing Echelon wouldn't make much difference."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui)He knows my name? "Here's a tip to keep in mind in the future: when someone says something which works as an answer to something another person just asked them, they're facing said other person, and they've been speaking to said other person for a while now, it's safe to assume that the statement is directed at the other person, not you."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC. Kini-Nui.It's also safe to assume Xerov's mother didn't love him."I wasn't looking at you, so I had no idea who you were looking at. My statement was similar, and you didn't say her name, so at this point it's obvious you're just being hard to deal with. I'm done with this conversation."He turned towards Echelon, who had no visible progress. "I had a feeling this wouldn't work."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC IraI simply walked away from the group. I looked over to Echelon, who was still doing his ritual. Sitting down besides the suva, I went into a cross legged position and began to meditate, remembering when I had first come here that long time before as a petty criminal. My eyes closed and my breathing deepened, making an audible KSHHH KUUUH noise. It eventually came to me that there was something wrong with my throat and that I needed to clear it because the ash filled mucus was blocking my windpipe. Lifting my mask, I spat out some mucus and ash with a hacking cough before putting the mask back over my face. My trance resumed...

IC-KuAnLo:"I must say, for a pack of wolves, you bicker like a litter of kittens," KuAnLo said to those present, from his position lying in the shadow of a tree. "Were it only that we truly worked like the Muaka. Alone, stalking the drifts. Then this argumentation might not be such a problem." He shook his head, looking to Kyju, the one who was nearest to him. And with the best hearing."Care to snap that Toa of Fire's neck for me?" he asked, nodding to the close-eyed Ira, and speaking quietly so that Kyju would be the only one to hear him. "He's the cause of a great many problems, and I feel the need to cull the herd."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC-KuAnLo:"Far too many contacts outside our little pack," the Toa of Stone whispered back. "I trust him about as much as I trust most of the others, and his contacts less. We can't keep an eye on them all." He thought for a moment more. "Mentally unstable as well, more so than most of us. And after that, the internal conflict. He's managed to cause a bit more of it than most since he jumped in, and his compassion for the contacts mentioned earlier..." he grinned."Maybe not compassion...but you know what I mean. Could make him a liability. All in all, it might just be best to remove him now."

profiles i guess

IC. Kini-Nui. Target Acquired."I see what you mean. I'll take care of him." He nodded, walking towards Ira, who had sat down on a rock. He had been completely quiet, coming from behind...He analyzed the Toa. A thief, he could tell, from several notifications on his hands. The agile hands of a pick-pocketer and a shoplifter. Fast, he could tell, from the developed muscles in his legs. Not particularly strong, not the smartest, as several other things told him. Weak spot: back of the neck. Easy kill, no chance to react, relatively small mess. He stalked up behind him, grabbing his sword, and preparing to jam it into his neck. Slowly... Slowly... Boom. He plunged it towards his neck, completely silent.

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC-KuAnLo:A slight amount of concentration, more than KuAnLo normally required, and a small message seemed to inscribe itself on a stone before Ira, out of Kyju's sight.Run to Ta-Wahi. Hide there. I will be along shortly.Just as long as it would take Ira to read the message was how long it lasted, KuAnLo, meanwhile, seemingly still dozing off under the three.

profiles i guess

IC (Bartan)The sword, on course for Ira's neck, was suddenly thrust aside by a gauntleted hand, missing its mark. A surprised Kyju looked up to see a hulking, scowling Skakdi, breathing hard. The effort from pushing the attack aside had opened the wound on his shoulder, from which a thin line of blood dripped down."What the karz ya think yer doin'?" the Skakdi growled. "We jest got out of one bloody huge fight, and yer still excited enough ter attack an ally?"Bartan turned his head to the side and spat out a globule of bloody saliva, then looked back at Kyju, his red eyes glowing. "If there's one thing I hate more'n a coward, it's a traitor, so get yer hormones under control, sit down, an' shut up."

Edited by Eyru Bieber

IC: AurumAurum sighed. He wanted to address Xerov first, how he'd seen him before and during the fight, but not after. But it seems like there was something a bit more serious he had to do. "Guys," He said in a loud voice, "Are you really going to bicker amongst each other while standing in front of a holy place - as we try to speak to our Master? Or has the quality gone down?"

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC:Echelon continued to attempt summoning Makuta; eyes closed, head back, arms held aloft, the Toa of Magnetism waited, staff in hand. Echelon was becoming uneasy. Those who followed behind him lost faith with every passing second; he could feel it. Despite himself, he started to sweat. What if Makuta did not answer his call? How foolish he would look! The others would laugh, and the authority he had always claimed - namely, the mandate of darkness itself - would be proved as naught. Echelon didn't like the idea of that. But even before Echelon had mounted the Kini-Nui, eyes in the shade of one of the temple's finger-like prongs were laughing silently to themselves. Eventually, they decided Echelon had had enough humiliation, and acted. Accompanied by the rasp of stone on stone, invisible hands drew back the circular aperture, the Suva Kaita, from the subterranean entrance of the temple. The stone dome slid aside, revealing to Echelon a dark hole. Before he could bend over and examine this entryway, a tendril of blackness shoved him unceremoniously into it, knocking him off-balance and sending his staff flying from his hand. Echelon tumbled into the pit just in time for the Suva Kaita to close once more behind him. Seeing their leader disappear, the others who had accompanied Echelon crowded around with mixed shock, fear, and amazement, but none were brave enough - or perhaps, none were stupid enough - to try following Echelon into the bowels of the earth. Echelon suppressed a groan - he had hit his head on the side of the Suva Kaita upon entering it. He felt the ground below him retract, bearing him down - it was some sort of elevator. As Echelon tried to stand on the descending platform, a lash of shadow, barely discernible against the growing darkness of the place, snapped at his face. Echelon was spun around on the spot, falling back to earth with a bruised face. Almost before he hit the earth again, another fist of darkness slammed against his abdomen. Echelon sputtered for air; as if in response, the shadowy energy returned and gagged him. Echelon could feel himself being smothered, and struggle though he might, he could not pry the restrictive stuff from his face. He may have imagined it, but he felt like a finger stroked his face even as he struggled. The Toa of Magnetism was about to pass out for lack of air, when the gag faded into insubstantial wisps. Echelon gasped inwards, and took the release of this gag - and lack of further mysterious blows - to mean that he was, at least for the moment, at peace. Underneath his body, Echelon could feel the elevator stop. He took an instant to look around; he was in a dark chamber, barely illuminated; the only visual salvation he received came from round apertures in the wall, circular doorways, which spilled out dim red light. The place seemed a mixture of dark stone and polished metal; the elevator that had taken him down was metallic. Perhaps that was the source of the mechanical clicking and whirring he heard echoing all around. But as the clicking grew closer, from behind his head, Echelon knew this must not have been the case. He crawled rapidly in a circle, trying to ascertain the noise's source. He saw, emerging from the absolute darkness that had laid at his back, three low-set glowing eyes. As they came closer, the dim red light from behind Echelon finally fell on their owners; it was two immense crabs, with pincers larger than his head and vicious-looking mandibles. They looked worse for wear, and were welded together in strange places, as though they had been repaired after being diced into many pieces. One of them was missing an eye, a sharp gash running instead up one side of its face. Echelon reached for his elemental powers to disrupt the bodies of the crabs, but when he did so, something very strange happened - he felt his body pulled inexorably down against the metal elevator platform instead, with enough force that he felt as though he was being crushed. He could not pull free, and the more he fought against the magnetic pull, the more exhausted he became. Eventually, Echelon gave up, resigned himself to lay on his back on the elevator surface."Oh, isn't it horrible," said a voice from behind Echelon. The Toa of Magnetism felt a deep-seated unease as he immediately recognized the voice - he had heard it before, at that temple. It was a smooth voice, sensual in intonation, but which bore more of a sneer than was normally allowed into it. "The big fly is in the web, and its wings are snipped away. Just too tragic. Terrible." The voice was now downright sarcastic; Echelon almost couldn't stand to listen to it. The sharpness in the voice was like a dissonant chord that pulled his ear in all the wrong ways. He tried to crane his head back to see the source of the voice, but could not. One of the crabs clacked its pincers threateningly, and just over Echelon's head. Echelon, despite himself, winced. This seemed to amuse the voice behind him. "Yes, the Manas," it said with a sharp laugh. "They've not seen action for too long... nobody has tried to come down here in... well, quite some time." The voice seemed to be pensive. Suddenly, Echelon heard it coming from somewhere unseen in front of him, as though the voice's owner had instantly switched location to stand behind the crabs. "See the one-eyed one?" the voice asked with a strange tone. Echelon refocused on the crab with one eye. "I did that, a long time ago." Echelon tried in vain to reach for his elemental powers once more; again, they acted rogue. This time he summoned something else metallic towards himself, and it wasn't what he had intended. Echelon could hear some metal object bounce across the stone floor towards him, and as it approached, he saw that it was a small metal orb, trailing some wires. A shadowy springboard that emerged from the ground near Echelon's head sent this orb flying towards the crabs, into the blackness behind them. Echelon heard the metal part being caught by a hand in the darkness. "I'm impressed; you found it," the voice said, suddenly jovial. The unseen hand tossed the orb back to earth; it skidded across the smooth elevator surface towards Echelon, into his view even as he lay on the ground. It was the fourth crab eye.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

IC, Zenix: He's... gone... thought Zenix. Just that shadow tendril alone was enough to strike awe into his heart. He noticed Aurum looking at Echelon's staff. Zenix walked over and picked it up. The Toa of Blackfire twirled it around in his hand before speaking. "We'll wait here for another minute or two to see if Echelon returns with news from the Master. If not... we can assume that the Master was displeased with Echelon and killed him."

IC, Zenix: "Then I'll see if Heuani wishes to talk, and see what the Makuta wishes us to do next," said Zenix. "We'll never be without purpose, Aurum- our purpose is to do what the Master wishes of us. We spread his rule throughout the island."

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui)See kids, this is what we call a 'bad loser'. I turn back to the Fe-Matoran. "I believe you were about to say something before we were so rudely interrupted."
IC: Feongulf [Kini-Nui]~"Looks like my question is already answered," Feongulf said, eyes wide as Echelon was absorbed into the shadows of the temple.

IC: Aurum"Echelon tried to summon the Dark Lord. In turn, the Dark Lord summoned him to his lair. And now, we shall see what plans he has for him." He turned back to Zenix. "You suggest we wait. But as we do, enemies cloud. We have shattered the chance of one storm. But every second, another forms. If we do wait, it better be quick."

Edited by Jl1223 X

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC. Kini-Nui.Kyju's sword hit the ground while it was still in his hand. He sheathed it, saying nothing, as he studied Bartan for a good bit. Obviously a Skakdi. He'd seen these before. Not one with this color code, however. he wasn't sure what element he commanded, and would have to analyze him further if he wanted to know something like that. Taller than everyone else, not so different from himself. A Zamor launcher...he'd seen these before. One had a foreign solution, probably acidic or explosive, or the like. He'd need to watch out for his eyes, he was sure, if he ever fought him. It would take further observation to see what the eyes did, however. Well armored, he could tell. Not a lot of weak spots. Defeating him by sheer force would be quite a challenges though not one Kyju wasn't sure he could take on. And by Mata-Nui, he knew that he would eventually go head-to-head with some of these Toa.Even beyond that, he analyzed Bartan's physique. This Bartan was strong, and proud of it, like most Skakdi. Shoulders back even while one bled, head held high, because that was the best view. He had charged into a strike against someone with a sword, knowingly one who didn't like to play by the rules. That was quite a brave thing to do for a stranger, and while Kyju certainly didn't reward traits like heroism and courage, this was simply an admirable act he couldn't ignore. He looked across his face...not smart, definitely not a genius. But Bartan was not stupid, nor was he insane.All these calculations and observations were met in sinple secobds ge coukd pass off as shock. Kyju's mouth slowly crawled its way into a grin. If there was anyone he wanted to ally himself with (beyond Xerov and his connections) it would be this Skakdi. Yes, this was his best choice. He pivoted from his stance to turn his whole body towards Bartan. He rose up, leveling his height (eh...kind of) with the Skakdi's. They were somewhat at eye-level, though Bartan's bulk gave him a few inches. Kyju gave Bartan a final sweeping glance to make sure he had no wild cards."I'm sorry. Really. It's just, I had to let this one go. He's practically a liability as it is. I need him gone or dead. Can you understand that?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Xerov (Kini-Nui)I look to the Toa (OOC: Aurum). "Echelon has been gone for mere seconds, and you're already trying to take control. What will you do if he does return? Apologise? Or just stick to silence, as at this point I'm guessing everyone hopes you already would?"I then return my attention to the Fe-Matoran. "This will be interesting to watch."

Edited by Just Another Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC (Echelon)Echelon coughed, and heaved himself up on one arm, leaning above the ground. Knowing when to give up, he stopped attempting to use his elemental powers; he knew enough about the Felnas to know it was futile. He brought his eyes up to make contact with the twin yellow orbs that lurked in the dark, just behind the Manas."Heuani," he said, his voice betraying the physical punishment he'd just been through. His armour was cracked in places from the force of the shadow-impacts; a pain in his left forearm suggested broken bones, and his lungs burned from near-suffocation. In short, Echelon was in the most pain he'd been in for a considerable time, rivalled only by his experiences after the failure of the Master Mark.Despite the pain, he maintained a steady gaze at the Shadow Toa."Are you going to kill me?" he asked mildly, as though asking Heuani about his weekend plans.Though no face was visible in the blackness, Echelon somehow sensed a smile form in the shadows beneath those yellow eyes."Don't you understand?" he asked, his voice wheezing a little. He pulled himself up a little, grunting quietly as he did so. "Don't you know why I did what I did with the Marks? Surely you don't <cough> think like them, those fools up above who speak of...self-interest and disloyalty. Surely you of all people...the closest being <cough> on this island to the Heart of Darkness...understand my true motives?"

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:"Indeed not," Heuani replied, finally stepping into the light. "In fact, I find the opposite to be true... and your track record speaks for itself. Your motives are hardly transparent, and I've never been inclined to trust what I can't see. I also believe that self-interest trumps all out desires... self-interest drives all of us, on a level deeper than anything else... Thus, I imagine you to be quite personally inclined."Heuani angled his head a little as he bent down to Echelon's level. His handsome face, cast into absolute lines by the red light before him and the deep black behind him, wore a visage of disinterest; conversely, his eyes barely hooded a careful fixation. Echelon felt something sharp rest against the back of his head, and one corner of Heuani's mouth lifted humorlessly. "If I'm wrong, please, explain to me how," the Toa of Shadow said.

test2.png

IC (Echelon)Echelon stared back at Heuani for a few seconds, before he broke into a slow chuckle."Ha ha ha ha..."He shook his head at the Shadow Toa."You are correct, and yet...you are not," he said. He hauled himself further upright, until he managed to get onto one knee. "Allow me to explain..."Echelon's eyes were red as blood and cold as ice, and as sharp as the mind behind them, as they met the impassive yet attentive gaze of Heuani."I am attracted to power, this much you must realise. Once, I was as you think I am; wandering the lands, seeking out power only for myself, for my own personal gain. But then I came here, to this island. And I found Makuta."Echelon's voice grew louder as he spoke, gaining strength."And I know this: Makuta is the most powerful entity on this island. And that will never change - nothing you nor I, nor the pitiful people of this island can ever alter it. And so, I know that my purpose, in all I do, must be to serve him. I am the pilot-fish that swims with the Takea."What separates me from the Dark Lord's pawns which you might consider more 'devoted' than I is this: I seek to attain greater power than I already possess, while they fling all their efforts at mindlessly following orders, and languishing while waiting for the next. But what you, and they, fail to realise is that it is because of my devotion to the Makuta that I do so."Echelon was reaching his coup-de-grace."When the pilot-fish eats the scraps the greater shark leaves, is it disloyal? No! It is simply making itself stronger, and thus more fit to serve. Because, powerful as I am, I could always be more. And the more I am, the more I can do to bring about Makuta's will! That is why I seek to embetter myself! That is why I created the Marks! Because the more power I possess, the more I can do to serve our Dark Lord!"These words poured from Echelon's black heart. Now, he revealed it. Every word was totally earnest, totally honest. Echelon knew he could never be greater than Makuta; but that did not embitter him. Rather, it rallied his will - to make Makuta's will reality."That is true loyalty!" the Necromancer uttered, his voice filled with dark passion. "That is what those fanatics, and even you, fail to realise! That to truly serve Makuta...you must serve yourself."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png