To Save The World!

[iC - Mystic] Who I am is irrelevant.. beyond the fact the real Epsilon has already met me, of course, Mystic thought back. All you need to know is I represent the League, and you are interfering in our official business. This will NOT be tolerated. You have the option to stand down peacefully. If you refuse to comply, we are more than capable of making you do so by force. I would advise the peaceful route. [For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC: E30Suddenly, the Epsilon farthest from Magneta seemingly lost his pupils and irises and his hair turned jet black. He turned and ran extremely quickly across the forest, away from Epsilon and the other heroes."Alert," he said into a wrist communicator that had been concealed under his sleeve, "mission compromised. Rendezvous at the LZ."By the time anyone had realized what had just happened, the assassin was long gone.IC: Epslion"That was...weird," was all Epsilon had to say on the matter.

67tlbk.png

IC: Skyra - Forrest -Skyra ran out of the jet, and stood by Mystic and Magneta. "I'm gonna venture a guess and say the fake one is the one running right? And more importantly...what were you and the fake you even doing here?" He said, pointing at Epslion.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

[iC - Mystic] The glow faded from Mystic's eyes as the aura enveloping her dissipated."Specifically, do you know if... it has any ties to the Coalition?" she asked. "If he's gone off to warn them of our presence, we need to give chase. If he's an unaffiliated party, on the other hand, he's not our concern unless he continues to interfere in the mission."[For Science!]

No one in the world ever gets what they want,

and that is beautiful.

Everybody dies frustrated and sad,

and that is beautiful.

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ ForestNot a moment after Mystic had asked her question of Epsilon did Loadstone and X-Calibur arrive, the latter standing on the former's magnaboard as they hovered quietly between the trees. X-Calibur hopped onto the ground. Luckily by now the headache he'd felt after being visually linked to Ultionis and Mr. No-One had worn off, and he was back to his usual sharp-minded self. The sight of the group standing in a circle, Magneta with metal covering over her arms, Mr. No-One missing and a few blood droplets on the ground instantly informed him that something had occurred whilst he was gone."What just happened?" He asked quickly, addressing the question to anyone who cared to answer.Above, a pair of birds fluttered into flight.IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetBANG BANG BANGGadgeteer spun around. Now they were being attacked! His first thought was that one of the Coalition members had tailed them from the Sinful Saloon. He marched over to Saosin, who was at the jet's controls."What is that?" He demanded. "Can you get up a view of the roof..?"

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Kansas)"Yeah," he replied. "On it."He drew his gun and stood up, looking out the windshield and up. For a moment, he saw a quick flash of blue, and he cursed in bewilderment."It's N-Ber. He's on the roof."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet"Get him in here."Gadgeteer didn't want Negafire to be outside any longer than necessary. What was the point in the jet's invisibility function if a fiery blue guy was there to give their position away? Besides, he might be useful in the upcoming interrogation of Romulus. Fire made people hot and bothered; prevented them from thinking straight. Best of all, no amount of regeneration would alleviate uncomfortable levels of heat. It was the kind of pressure the villain might crack under...

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Kansas)Obligingly, Saosin moved quickly towards the cargo bay and popped it open, sticking his head out and motioning for Negafire to enter...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: N-Ber saw the cargo doors open, and let go of his handhold. He noticed Madness passed out on the wing, and made a quick detour to grab the hero. He threw Madness into a fireman's carry, then made his way towards Tillian. As he entered the jet he let loose a string of curses that would make a sailor blush. He turned to Tillian after droppinh Madness in a chair and started yelling. "What was that?! You guys just ditched me, what the @&$! man?!"IC: Magneta turned to X-Caliber and sighed. "It seems we have a shapeshifter on the loose who has a vendetta aginst our newest member here." She said as she motioned to Epsilon.

Edited by Toa Korkoa: Toa of plasma

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Kansas)"Take it easy, Ember," said Tilian calmly, raising a hand. "Lone had a broken nose, I'd been hit by the Desert Eagle - very nice gun, by the way, I should probably keep it - and then Gadgeteer's suit was starting to take damage, and between all of that, there wouldn't have been time to pull you out. It was the best tactical decision that could have been made. But hey. You look alright. And...you brought a new addition."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

NPC: It was at this point that Ultionis made his appearance. "The shapeshifter bolted," he whispered to them. "I managed to follow him about a hundred yards, but he lost me in the undergrowth. Now my turn: I know I'm a bit new to psychic communication, so I might've screwed up the signal, but I'm pretty sure I said 'help us get over the wall quietly' not 'drop everyone in and abandon the stealth part of this stealth operation.'" He did not seem happy. Granted that he never seemed happy, but this still stood out. "So always assuming I did send that right, may I ask what the h*** you all think you're doing on the ground this early?"(H-D)

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC: Ember scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine I only got ditched in a saloon full of people who hate my guts and are actively trying to kill me in horrible, painful ways! Anyway, whatever. I just want to know if our deal's still on before we go any farther."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Epsilon"Okay," Epsilon took a breath before continuing, "it seems I owe all of you an explanation. But now is neither the time nor the place for it, especially if the Coalition noticed that...incident. And I think they did."IC: E30E30's enhanced strength and metabolism allowed him to run for extended periods of time, and run he did. Soon, forest gave way to fields. It was a perfect, tranquil scene...except for the helicopter lying in the middle of the field. E30 slowed his pace to a brisk walk and jumped in. As the vehicle took off, E30 took one last look at the forest.

67tlbk.png

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Kansas)"Oh, it's still on. We just need to put Hexas in an aquarium before it can be fulfilled. Speaking of which, anyone got a particular destination in mind?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Jocasta swiftly dismantled all the spikes and worms. They looked awfully familiar. All too familiar. They were what she would do to hack into hi-sec files...She narrowed her eyes.She sent a, theoretically undetectable tracer.But a minute after she sent it, it disappeared and an error prompt showed up:"TRACER ABORTED"She grimaced."Johanna..." she muttered. "We meet again..."Madness began to stir slightly. "My...head..." he moaned.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Forest"...I take full responsibility for the, ah, poor tactical decision of dropping the lot of us down here," said X-Calibur sheepishly. "The mental link messed with my head a lot more than I'd expected it to. I wasn't thinking straight. I should've known better. But rather than cry over spilt milk let's press on with the mission. Stealth is out the window so let's get over this wall and head to the site of the hidden Coalition base. As to your assassin, Epsilon, we'll just have to keep an eye out for him as we go but pursuing him can't be priority." He checked himself over, gripped his weapon, then looked around. "What happened to Mr. No-One?"IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet"Keep us in the air," said Gadgeteer to Saosin. "N-Ber, we must begin our interrogation of Romulus. The sooner we can extract information as to Lady Hexas' location the better." The idea of apologising didn't even seem to have crossed his mind...

IC: (Lone)"let me handle this then." Lone got up,put his helmet back, still with only half a visor, and walked over to Romulus. "Alright, mister werewolf, where is Hexas? And don't give bull about how your not going to talk, because i will make you talk." Lone swapped the ammo in his SMG. It was now load with Nano-rounds, which would hit the target, go through, then break-down go back to the nanoforge. "A healer can only heal their wounds for so long before they run out of stuff to heal with. I will make this slow and painful, unless you speak first."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: "Let me handle this one." Ember said, stepping between Lone and Romulus. he obviously had some stress to work out. He turned to the captive and ignited his hand, placing it on the front of the Roman armor. "Well, thanks to my associate, you know what kind of information we're after. I don't care how good you are at regenerating, you can't escape heat. Where is she? What sort of defenses are we looking at? Talk to us, or you're in for a world of hurt." At that momemt, Ember's hand finally melted through the chestplate and he heard a sizzle as his firey fingers hit skin.

IC: Romulus chuckled through gritted teeth, flecks of foam and blood lining his lips."Oh please," he hissed, "What do you think your merry band of boy scouts could possibly do to me that I haven't seen already? I've been in war zones you squalling child, try having a land mine go up in your face. Try regrowing your jaw and eyes from scratch. You think a bunch of misfit anti-heroes can break me you haven't done your homework. You don't understand and you never will."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

NPC: Ultionis bit back a sigh. Well this was a mess, but there was no taking it back now. "When I ran off after the scream, I think No-One stayed behind to focus on the wall. If we're ditching stealth we could just go through it. Wood's rotten in a lot of places, and it shouldn't be hard to find a weak spot and blow it open. They probably already know we're here anyway."(H-D)NPC: For the first time since entering the bar, Carapace's voice came in on Gadgeteer's helmet. "He's not bragging. Those capable of regeneration frequently have high pain tolerance thanks to their powers allowing them a greater disregard for their own safety in combat. Torture is unlikely to reveal any worthwhile information. If you did cross his pain threshold he would tell you anything to make it stop, truth or no. Note his choice of words. I suspect he wants to speak to someone he thinks will understand his position. With a bit of diplomacy you might be able to get something more accurate from him."{H-D}

Good to conquer evil
Lies to fight the truth
Are any of us only saints or sinners

Or is it always Red versus Blue?

IC:"That's funny. I'm in a chair. Last I remember, I was on a wing of a jet." mumbled Madness blurrily."And the jet is a League jet. And I am possibly an outlaw." he sat up and looked around. In another part of the jet, he could hear people talking.He slumped down and tried to empty his mind. Best to recover slowly, since the mind was a fragile thing.And in London, Jocasta thought she heard a whirring of things that have metallic wings. She stood and looked around for a handy crowbar.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetGadgeteer stood silently for several moments, mulling on what both Romulus and Carapace had said. With Lady Hexas' killsat taken care of they weren't operating on a time limit anymore, but the more time they wasted the more time she'd have to renew her plans; who knows, she might have more killsats ready to replace the one they'd brought down, or more allies ready to put backup plans in motion. That was the problem, Viktor realised, they still knew next to nothing about Lady Hexas or her associates. Why were they doing what they were doing: what was Operation Lockdown and why had they appeared from obscurity to claim information about it?He decided not to speak to Romulus just yet. He wanted more time to think on how to act on Carapace's suggestion. Gadgeteer strode over to a seat close to where Negafire and Romulus were and sat down. It was only as he did this that he noticed the extra passenger Negafire had brought on board. The man looked quite exhausted, and since he wasn't trying to attack them or defend himself Viktor guessed that he wasn't a hostile. That didn't mean Gadgeteer trusted him though."You," he said, looking at Madness, "who are you, exactly..?"

IC: Saosin (League Jet, Over Kansas)Saosin sat down at the controls again and once again realized they still had no plottable course in mind. They couldn't just fly in circles around the world, so Tilian decided to bring up a destination that he'd had in mind for a while now."What about Taiji?" he finally suggested. "Maybe we could find someone Hexas has planted in Japan..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: N-Ber smiled a wicked grin. "Regrowing eyes and a jaw is a pain, really?" He asked, grabbing Romulus's jaw and igniting that hand. "Let's just see how much of a pain that is..." The ambiguous super ignited two fingers on his other hand and slowly aimed them at the villain's eyes.OOC: I don't want to get too graphic with that, so let's just assume he is, in fact, carrying through with his threat and we're just not seeing it, okay? ^_^

IC:"Obviously, I'm a psychic." Madness said, smiling. "Right now, you can call me Madness. My alias is Mentalist." Maybe these people haven't heard the most recent news.Meanwhile, Jocasta ran. The jackers sent by Johanna were coming after her, fast, and she had no way to fight them off. But maybe...She quickly ran into the elevator and pulled off one of the wooden panels, revealing a keypad. She typed in an access code and it spat out a gun. She took it and went out of the elevator at the ground floor.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC: N-Ber just had time to see Romulus give a grin, made lop-sided by the grip on his face. See, while Gadgeteer had bound his legs together, there was very little you could do about his hips. So with N-Ber to support his weight with that grip, Romulus brought his knees up right between the reformed villain's legs. N-Ber had let himself be provoked into getting close enough for Romulus to fight back. He wasn't dead, and Romulus wasn't free, but seeing N-Ber wheeze away would only strengthen the mercenary's resolve

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Where the heck have I been (well, apart from flailing around looking for a Fellwyd reply which I finally located) all this time?tumblr_m5d2u0pemA1rwniqvo1_500.jpgBut let's kick my plot foward some more, since the Mastermind fight will get stale due to his current plot-armor protection... why he has that, you'll soon find out! I wouldn't want you two to get bored (like what happened in my last plot).NPC(Mastermind): The attack caused Mastermind's barrier to fluctuate, fading out of existance for a moment before snapping back up. His response was to send several ill-aimed blasts in Fellwyd's direction, continuing to target him until Abyss next assault drew his attention again. This back and forth attention shift continued to build, and Mastermind's aim began to get more and more errattic... but the blasts were becoming even more violent. It wasn't long before part of the arena wall crumbled away, taking some of the attached grandstand with it: even the shield that was specifically meant to protect the spectators was beginning to falter from taking so many blasts."This is starting to get out of hand: If the combatants could cease combat we will call this a draw for now, and we can arranage suitable compensa-" Showtime's voiceover announcement was cutoff midsentence, the infurated Mastermind destroying several loudspeakers in annoyance. The mutant had become incredibly unstable, and his critically damaged shield was showing familiar signs of cracks from stress: unfortunatly, the psychic also seemed to be gathering power into a pulsing dome around himself that shimmered in and out of existance. That was the beginnings of another psychic nova blast... and given the damage of his minor one earlier, an all-out one might reduce the whole arena to a crater. There might not be a later if they didn't take him out now...OOC: Summary is Mastermind is charging an oversized psychic nova, which'll do a horrendous amount of damage. Time to tag-team and take him down :3

breakdown_signature.jpg

The light becomes the dark...

Real Name: Kyle TanakaAlias: Omega PrimeAppearance: 17 in age, Asian-American; short, buzzed hair; orange-tinted goggles; white shirt and jeans, dark leather jacket with the Greek letter omega printed on the back. Wears goggles because his eyes glow an unnatural blue (glow grows brighter whenever he harvests).Power: Telekinesis, Harvesting (Energy to expand powers; sometimes minescule metahuman abilities depending on subject)Allegiance: Solo Antihero?Area: North AmericaBio: Born from a government project to try and generate their own genetically bred mutant, Kyle was supposed to have immense telekinetic prowess as soon as he was born. However, he showed no signs of improvement and was deemed a failure, with the government smuggling him into an orphanage in hopes of distancing themselves from the experiment. He was adopted when he was three, and grew up as a normal teenager would. He discovered his powers when he murdered a bully of his after school by bashing his head against a brick wall. He noticed that he drew more power from the now dead body and used his powers to fly away from the crime scene. Experimenting his abilities on the local gangs that lurked around his home city, he developed his powers by harvesting the energies from each member that he killed. Throughout his life he had idolized superheroes, but often wondered how many of their problems would be solved if they had been willing to kill their enemies instead of imprisoning them until their eventual escape and upon assuming an alternate identity swore not to make the same mistakes. Seeing as he draws more power from the dead, he is much more likely to cross the line than others, but that has also had him pushed squarely into the villain zone among a lot of members of the superhero community.OOC: Well, hopefully this will work? I've wanted to join for a while now, but just now got around to it.

Edited by Kahinuva

So what does that harvesting power entail exactly? The way I understand it he can leech energy out of people (and things?) to increase his telekinetic powers, but can absorb superhuman powers if they're relatively minor. When he absorbs them, does he get the power as well as the originator, or does it cancel theirs out for a bit? Does it just weaken their version of it?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(NPC) - X-Calibur @ Forest"Go ahead," X-Calibur motioned to Skyra. "Everyone else, once we get past this wall, be alert. If they know we know they're here they might not bother being so secretive anymore. Expect defenses. Skyra, you can take the lead with Magneta, Loadstone; the three of you are best suited for repelling attacks."More birds fluttered about in the trees overhead.IC - Gadgeteer @ League Jet"What are your allegiances? Hero or villain? Solo or League? And why exactly have you come aboard with us? What do you know of us and our goals?" Gadgeteer's metal faceplate didn't give away any indications of emotion, but were he looking into the armoured man's mind mind Madness might have sensed a degree of worry. Viktor rarely liked getting involved with psychics. They were very useful allies provided you could bring yourself to trust them, and that was where the problem lay: trust was practically an alien concept to Viktor.IC - Abyss @ Superbeing Smackdown!Abyss leapt, landed and rolled to avoid one of the many psychic blasts Mastermind had begun to fling erratically around the arena. She'd stopped adding to the icy gauntlets she'd created for her reptilian ally, mainly because all the dodging prevented her from maintaining concentration for too long. A blast struck her; she landed upside-down on the dusty ground as the strange sensation of both physical and mental pain rippled through her. Abyss forced herself to focus as fast as she could and get to her feet, expecting to be hit again whilst she was a sitting duck - but the following blasts struck the ground in completely random locations... it was obvious that the mutant was losing his grip on whatever sanity he possessed. Then all of a sudden the barrage of blasts stopped - Abyss saw Mastermind hunching over with balled fists, as shimmering bluish energy began to materialise around him. She recognised the beginnings of a psychic nova; she'd watched Silver use them several times. Although this one was taking far longer to charge than she'd ever seen."Oi scaleface, that's not a very good sign," Abyss yelled over at her reptilian ally whilst pointing to Mastermind. "We have to do something big, and take him out now! Otherwise we're goners!"Abyss' mind raced. Her awareness expanded, reaching out to the water molecules floating through the air and grasping them. She'd have to control several groups at once in order for this maneuver to succeed. It would be a difficult task. She grinned. Neither the challenge nor the tension of the situation concerned her. She possessed the confidence buried deep within Sarah Winters' mind. Were Sluice's consciousness still present, she might have been wracked with doubt, and that doubt would have drained her mind of the focus necessary to pull this off. But Abyss knew no doubt. All she knew was complete confidence in her own abilities.In front of Fellwyd a number of icy patches appeared on the ground, arranged in a row leading towards Mastermind. Rapidly they grew in size, becoming platforms of ice, each taller than the last, culminating in a twenty-foot-high platform... they were stepping-stones, intended to allow the reptilian to gain altitude and strike Mastermind from above. Whether he would actually use them for this purpose was another matter, but since Abyss hadn't shouted any further instructions she clearly trusted him to do something useful.After a few moments of focusing, Abyss broke into a run. She flung a hand outwards in a commanding gesture and a sheet of ice formed on the ground between herself and Mastermind; she hopped onto it, willing the soles of her boots to be coated in ice as well. Skating forwards, she drew back an arm and willed a katana of ice to appear. Unlike the ones she'd used before, though, this one was made of H30; frozen 'heavy water'; a substance noticeably denser than regular water and thus less likely to break under stress than normal ice. The only drawback was that the substance took longer for her to form, and the blade wouldn't be complete until seconds before she planned to attack Mastermind with it.And just for good measure, Abyss had (just barely) afforded the concentration to form two long ice daggers in the air a short distance behind Mastermind and propel them toward him. So if all went well, the mutant would be set upon from four different angles - surely at least one of those attacks would get through...

Edited by Kumata

IC - Gadgeteer @ League JetBehind his mask, Viktor frowned. He thought for a moment before speaking to Madness again. "... what do you know of the supervillain called Lady Hexas?"Whilst he was reluctant to allow a newcomer to join the group, trying to get rid of Madness might cause him to act up and disrupt their mission. Right now they were all a bit weary from the fight at the SInful Saloon, and the last thing they needed was a pointless brawl in which Captain Code or Romulus might be able to escape...

So what does that harvesting power entail exactly? The way I understand it he can leech energy out of people (and things?) to increase his telekinetic powers, but can absorb superhuman powers if they're relatively minor. When he absorbs them, does he get the power as well as the originator, or does it cancel theirs out for a bit? Does it just weaken their version of it?
He can only harvest powers from people that are dead, not objects or living people. A relatively smaller version of the superhuman power can be absorbed if the target is superhuman, but doesn't really last for that long depending on how long he spent harvesting and how "fresh" the dead body is. Edited by Kahinuva

IC(Fellwyd): The alien noticed the icy patches forming, and, when they became distinct platforms, acted on the rather obvious plan, running onto the first one - and having a moment of panic when he very nearly slipped off of it, having to take a moment to steady himself. Once he was secure, he jumped to the next one, dropping to all fours to help himself keep stable on the ice as he jumped from platform to platform, reaching the final one in short order. He took only a moment to survey his target - and the other attacks, orchestrated by Abyss, closing in on Mastermind.Taking a deep breath to calm his nerves after the scramble to reach the highest platform, he dove from the top of it, aiming to drop on top of Mastermind. In the back of his mind, he wondered what the daggers and sword would do if Fellwyd hit first, and actually managed to knock Mastermind to the ground, putting himself in the place the psychic's head and torso currently occupied.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:"Who? I don't know anything about her, but I know someone who probably does. Trouble is, she could be anywhere on this planet now, but I 'll give her a call." replied Madness.Jocasta was hiding, for goodness' sakes, hiding, when her cell rang. Surprisingly. It should have fallen apart from the battle, but luckily it didn't. She answered it, glad for the distraction from her current predicament"Jocasta? Where in the world are you?" came Madness' s voice. Just the last person she would wish to hear from.

Edited by Trad of Law and Order

"Wer Traumt?"