Nintendo 3Ds

Terminus

Well, I sent my 3DS in to Nintendo earlier this week, to fix the scratches on the top screen caused by the bottom screen, because the system is covered by warranty and that'd be free.WELL.Turns out, that since my 3DS has been "Physically Damaged" (a small crack in the housing on the side, it's visible but you can't feel it), it's no longer covered by warranty, so I'd have to pay $65 to replace all the housing... Anyways, I'm just gonna wait 'till I have some spare cash, then I'll send it in to be fixed, although I'm a bit annoyed that I sent it in for nothing...Anyways, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is coming out next year worldwide! Yay!

• 2 weeks later...

So has anyone else here downloaded The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave? I got it, and am loving it so far. If nothing else, I encourage anyone here to try out the free demo. As a bonus, if you like the demo you can transfer the save data from it over to the full version (a feature I think more demos should use).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I've played the demo, and it is amazing. =D However, I don't have nearly enough money on my eShop account for that, Cave Story +, and Pokemon Dream Radar IIRC, so I might not get it for a while. =/

I recently bought VVVVVV from the E-Shop. I strongly recommend it to anyone that doesn't own it.
I've thought about it, but was worried it might be too challenging for me to fully enjoy, from what I've heard about it.

I have it as well. Pretty good. Not much replay value, but it's worth it IMO. @Above: Well, that depends on whether or not you're getting all the Spheres (I can't remember what they're called ingame). There are some pretty frustrating parts.. But not as much if you don't go for every Sphere thing.

Just tried Denpa Men, quite the enjoyable dungeon-crawler RPG, and those are always fun. Definitely getting it next time I get money on my eShop account.Also tried out the Style Savvy demo, just for kicks (and I make a point to try every demo on the eShop). Surprisingly, I found it... Enjoyable. Maybe it's the fact that I enjoy a mediocre casual game where I'm not part of the target audience every once in a while? Or maybe the fact that its like an RPG with an in-depth armor customization mode (I love RPGs that let you do that)? Or the fact that it was topping Japanese sales charts recently? Anyways, it's a somewhat enjoyable complete waste of time.

I'm still not happy that the XL didn't come with a built in second circle pad. (but it doesn't affect me, for I have no XL) I love you Nintendo, but sometimes you don't make sense. It's still worth putting up with that though, because we get great games for it!Considering my last full 3DS game was OoT3D, I'm planning on picking up Black or White 2 and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate. Both look great.

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I'm still not happy that the XL didn't come with a built in second circle pad. (but it doesn't affect me, for I have no XL) I love you Nintendo, but sometimes you don't make sense. It's still worth putting up with that though, because we get great games for it!Considering my last full 3DS game was OoT3D, I'm planning on picking up Black or White 2 and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate. Both look great.
If they did that, you might be complaining about it's ridiculous size. =PI have White 2, (Got it yesterday) hope you enjoy whichever version you get.

You could choose between a better battery or a built-in circle pad- and with that, the battery would most likely be worse than the original 3DS.I do hope that the CPP doesn't go the way of the ill-fated Rumble Pak, although I think the CPP is already supported by more games than the RP ever was- and the RP was only used with some great games- Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario & Luigi: PiT, and Super Princess Peach are the only games I can think of that use the RP. Anyways, including a second CP in the XL would mean also including ZL/ZR buttons, which would basically mean the system would be the size of a Wii, or at the very least, a PS2 Slim. And the CPP is kinda useless outside of shooters so far, IMO (waiting to try it with Monster Hunter, though).

I don't understand why people are sayin that having a built in second analog stick would make it "ridiculously large." The Vita has two sticks without being overly large. Also, why not just put it below the buttons on the right side? It would barely increase the size at all.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

B2/W2 aren't 3DS games, but I get your point =P.With the CPP XL, it'll be fairly large =P. And heavy, too. Vita may be big, but it's not quite so burly. Edited by VIII. Axel

B2/W2 aren't 3DS games, but I get your point =P.With the CPP XL, it'll be fairly large =P. And heavy, too. Vita may be big, but it's not quite so burly.
I almost included "I know they're not 3DS games" in my post, but I figured no one would think I was implying it, lol.Point taken about the CPPXL, and if it was included and became obsolete, that could get annoying, having it sitting there. It would be like if you never used the right analog stick in Skyrim >.<

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I got the point but felt like saying it anyway XP.I figure the CPP won't necessarily take off, because if they intend for so many games to use it, it's just going to make the lack of inclusion on the 3DSXL even more appalling. Just a few games here and there will be fine.

My birthday is on Friday. Game suggestions? :PThe only 3DS games I already have are Kid Icarus Uprising and Kingdom Hearts 3D. I'm thinking of getting OoT 3D or a Mario game (3D Land, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2).

Edited by Xehanort

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

My birthday is on Friday. Game suggestions? :PThe only 3DS games I already have are Kid Icarus Uprising and Kingdom Hearts 3D. I'm thinking of getting OoT 3D or a Mario game (3D Land, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2).
If you have Wifi, I recommend Mario Kart 7. I haven't played NSMB2, but 3d Land doesn't really have much lasting appeal.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

I haven't played 3D Land or NSMB, but I know Mario Kart 7 is really great. The online is very good, plus there's a ton of Kart Customization options to unlock (I still have a few things left to unlock, myself). I'd say it ranks just below MKWii, only because it doesn't include bikes and has a smaller character roster.

• 3 weeks later...

Natch, slightly scuffed my 3DS XL. Not really a big deal, but gonna bother the heck out of me. Anyone know if this is covered by warranty?Looks like it probably won't... anybody know what kind of finish they use for the casing?

Edited by VIII. Axel

Well, I found another 3DS game to get excited for months before release! Apparently, a new Shantae game is coming next year, and it's apparently the sequel to Risky's Revenge. I do hope this means we'll see the original on the eShop soon, it's been announced for the VC but no release date or anything...And I'm almost 100% complete on Devil Survivor Overclocked, I'm on my 6th run and only need one ending and about 13 more demons... And of course, I still have to deal with the Lv. 99 Superboss (which shouldn't be too hard, as about 4 of my demons are Lv 99, due to gaining multiple playthroughs worth of EXP).

Well, I found another 3DS game to get excited for months before release! Apparently, a new Shantae game is coming next year, and it's apparently the sequel to Risky's Revenge. I do hope this means we'll see the original on the eShop soon, it's been announced for the VC but no release date or anything...And I'm almost 100% complete on Devil Survivor Overclocked, I'm on my 6th run and only need one ending and about 13 more demons... And of course, I still have to deal with the Lv. 99 Superboss (which shouldn't be too hard, as about 4 of my demons are Lv 99, due to gaining multiple playthroughs worth of EXP).
I still would rather play the original Shantae first before spending money on any sequel (since it's one of the most expensive games on the eShop). Hopefully the original is released on the 3DS virtual console soon; they've said it's coming but we still lack any sort of timeframe.

• 4 weeks later...

Great news!OMG FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING COMES OUT FEBRUARY 4 IN NORTH AMERICA!!!Ahem...Anyways, quite excited for this. With this and Etrian Odyssey IV, and also (hopefully) Shin Megami Tensei IV, Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, and Project X Zone, the 3DS will really be picking up on RPGs next year. Which is good as I got 100% on Devil Survivor Overclocked recently, and I'll be getting Paper Mario and Tales of the Abyss soon, both of which I plan to finish by February.

• 4 weeks later...

so... I got a 3DS for christmas. other than some nitpicks, its pretty neat. and my freind code is in my sig. just sayin'

And Terminus, may I ask where you got that banner from?

Edited by Shock wave

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

so... I got a 3DS for christmas. other than some nitpicks, its pretty neat. and my freind code is in my sig. just sayin' And Terminus, may I ask where you got that banner from?

The banner is something I threw together in GIMP a while back with an hour and a half of free time, I'm planning on taking requests once I get my laptop, as then I'll have more time on the computer instead of being on mobile about 99% of the time.Also, got Paper Mario for Christmas... Gotta say, the series hasn't been really great since Thousand-Year Door... So far (I'm at World 3-5) there are no real standout characters (not even any real characters, so far the big ones are Bowser, Mario, Peach, and Kamek), and I'm always forgetting what that sticker thing's name is. I think that the general elimination of towns and giving the game a World Map style navigation similar to the NSMB games also hurt it in this regard, as you met a lot of characters by traveling through the world, and also the removal of partners was a bad move, IMO. I can name a bunch of original characters from TTYD, but I can't even name the one new character from SS. Also, I'm not a big fan of the battle system. Stickers are a neat idea, but they aren't implemented in the best way. I liked the Badge/FP system of previous games, and even still changing attacks to one-use stickers would have been better if you still had unlimited use of your basic Jump/Hammer attacks. Oh, and switching from the joystick to the A button for the hammer is completely disorienting. Also, the complete removal of the RPG system makes battles pointless, you can do fine off of only mandatory battles and you get enough coinage from sources other than battles.Yeah, so, I think that covers most of my gripes with PM:SS. Still a good game though.

so... I got a 3DS for christmas. other than some nitpicks, its pretty neat. and my freind code is in my sig. just sayin' And Terminus, may I ask where you got that banner from?

The banner is something I threw together in GIMP a while back with an hour and a half of free time, I'm planning on taking requests once I get my laptop, as then I'll have more time on the computer instead of being on mobile about 99% of the time.
Good to know... you looking to add anyone on 3DS?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

The banner is something I threw together in GIMP a while back with an hour and a half of free time, I'm planning on taking requests once I get my laptop, as then I'll have more time on the computer instead of being on mobile about 99% of the time.
Good to know... you looking to add anyone on 3DS?
Sure, that's why I've got my FC right there.Anyways, I can't believe I forgot the sticker-thing's name: Kersti. You just flip the syllables in sticker... >.<