Kanohi Change Visual?

Now in MNOG when Kopaka changes his mask to a Noble [uhhhhh, can't remember which], it is actually a visual change. It also happens during the Onua/Lewa battle.

Is that real?

Or does the mask it appears one is wearing not change when a different power is activated? Meaning, could Kopaka use the powers of the Hau without actually "switching" to it?

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I'm not sure I understand. The Toa Mata summon Kanohi from their Suva, which basically teleports one mask from their face and teleports a different mask in its place. Until they had the Golden Kanohi, they couldn't use a different power without changing Kanohi either by placing it on their face or by using their suva.

How well will you die?

In the Bohrok Online Animations, when Pohatu uses the Komau's power, his mask changes shape. But he has his Golden Kanohi at that point. I'm guessing that Templar didn't know that the mask wouldn't change shape now that it was one single Golden Kanohi with the powers of all the masks.

Bliss.png

Meaning, could Kopaka use the powers of the Hau without actually "switching" to it?

The others have pretty much answered this; just want to address this point's wording.

First, it is literally switching to the different mask, not just apparently switching.

Second, no. You have to be wearing the mask to use its powers (not counting Golden Kanohi or Nuva-mask sharing; referring to normal masks).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think he's referring to visual switches after the Toa got their Golden Kanohi, which do occur in MNOLG. Particularly in the end battle where Onua changes his mask to a Hau. I think it was just a visual for those playing the game, to know that the Toa in question were using a different mask power.

Or the game makers didn't know that Golden Kanohi don't change shape with power.

I think he's referring to visual switches after the Toa got their Golden Kanohi, which do occur in MNOLG. Particularly in the end battle where Onua changes his mask to a Hau. I think it was just a visual for those playing the game, to know that the Toa in question were using a different mask power.

Or the game makers didn't know that Golden Kanohi don't change shape with power.

This is sort of like what I was talking about before. But now that you mention it, the change in shape of the Golden Kanohi was probably to show the player that the Toa were using different mask powers. The less informed player would not know the difference between the different mask powers and elemental powers.

Bliss.png

This is sort of like what I was talking about before. But now that you mention it, the change in shape of the Golden Kanohi was probably to show the player that the Toa were using different mask powers. The less informed player would not know the difference between the different mask powers and elemental powers.

I think you're right- while it wouldn't do that in-story, it's to display their use of a different Kanohi. I think it works out much better than the other method of showing that, which would be through dialogue ("I'm gonna use my Hau!" would get stupid very quickly).

Also, this is topic #10000. Woo.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

He's not talking about after they got their Gold Masks, as he mentions a noble mask. The Gold masks did not contain the powers of the noble masks, only the Great ones.

Ooohhh. My mistake, I thought we were talking about the Golden Kanohi.

Although... if it's not the Golden Kanohi, then yes, it's obviously a visual change... right?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

He's not talking about after they got their Gold Masks, as he mentions a noble mask. The Gold masks did not contain the powers of the noble masks, only the Great ones.

Ooohhh. My mistake, I thought we were talking about the Golden Kanohi.

Although... if it's not the Golden Kanohi, then yes, it's obviously a visual change... right?

Yes, it is. It depends on whether they're switching to a Great or a Noble mask.

Bliss.png

Thanks for the answers, guys-

No, I wasn't talking about the Golden Kanohi.

But when Kopaka picks up his first mask, he puts it on and it kinda fades into his current mask. So when does he bring it to his Suva?

Wasn't there two Golden Kanohi for each Toa, Great and Noble?

No there was not.

But after they got the Golden Kanohi, how did they use the Noble Masks?

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

But when Kopaka picks up his first mask, he puts it on and it kinda fades into his current mask. So when does he bring it to his Suva?

No there was not.

To the first question, I always assumed that the mask was just teleported to the Suva. Though I could be wrong about that.

To the second question, it probably worked the same way with the Golden Kanohi as it would a regular Kanohi. The Golden Kanohi and the Noble Mask the Toa wanted would just switched places.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

No there was not.

To the first question, I always assumed that the mask was just teleported to the Suva. Though I could be wrong about that.

To the second question, it probably worked the same way with the Golden Kanohi as it would a regular Kanohi. The Golden Kanohi and the Noble Mask the Toa wanted would just switched places.

You're right on both counts. When a Toa puts a new mask on his face that he doesn't care to use right at that moment, it teleports to the suva, just as if he was swapping masks. Noble masks are also stored on the suva, so when they switch from a Gold Kanohi to Noble, the Gold goes back to the suva, and the noble goes to the face.

Edited by LewaLew
How well will you die?