BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Saeva Sareta has been accused of many things. Being a delinquent, misuse of elemental power, excessive force, inefficient fighting style, and harassing the Ta-Koro Guard. All just bullet points from a very, very long list. But if there were one thing she had never been accused of, it was lacking for ingenuity. With her own hands free she promptly rolled up a waffle and, with her best impression of a snake, opened her mouth as wide as possible and took a bite. She repeated the process as rapidly as she could, not bothering to keep an eye on Red's progress.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

As big a guy as he was, and as much as he could put down without a bite, the hands-behind-my-back taunt was a heavy stipulation for a reason. His speed was completely hamstrung by the need to grab a waffle with his teeth and continue chomping on it until there was nothing left, and he could already feel dots of whipped cream on his nose and cheeks that he didn't have time to try and wipe off with his tongue. Not with Saeva Sareta  s l i t h e r i n g   a r o u n d  beside him.

It was all he could do to just chow down blindly. For now.

SO NOW WE FLY EVER FREE

WE'RE FREE BEFORE THE THUNDERSTORM

ON TOWARDS THE WILDERNESS OUR QUEST CARRIES ON

FAR BEYOND THE SUNDOWN

FAR BEYOND THE MOOOOOOOOOOONLIGHT

DEEP INSIDE OUR HEARTS AND ALL OUR SOOOOOULS

One thing's for sure - these things were freaking delicious. Worth every penny, but if there was one other thing Red was sure of, it was that they weren't worth any of his hero's pennies.

Experimentally, he bit down around two waffles at once. He found that it fit well in his mouth, even if the added whipped cream and melted chocolate felt like mortar gluing his jaw shut. No time, Red. No time! Chew!

He began to chew harder, taking two waffles at a time with his head over the plate.

SO FAR AWAYYYYY

WE WAIT FOR THE DAY

FOR THE LIVES ALL SO WASTED

AND GONE

WE FEEL THE PAAAAAAIN

OF A LIFETIME

LOST IN A THOUSAND DAYS

THROUGH THE FIRE

AND THE FLAMES

WE CARRY ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Despite Red's handicap, the big Onu-Toa was going through his portion at an astonishing rate. Even with the use of her hands Saeva was hard-pressed to keep him from catching up. She went through the first waffle in seconds, but the second was slowing her down. By the third she was going even slower. She couldn't keep the speed up, not while taking a moment to come up for air, and he was gaining fast. It'd be easier to let him. Take the second for a nice, deep breath and not worry about him taking that lead.
What'd it matter? Just a food fight.

But then he'd have to work to pay it off.

that.

She downed the last of her current pancake with a loud gulp, and proceeded to roll with a few quick, deft movements her remaining three pancakes into a single cylinder and take a massive bite off the end, and proceeding to start tearing her way through it as though her life depended on it.

• Upvote 4

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

-==IC: Elly==-

Elly blinked, as she looked over at the eating competition going on. ... Did the temperature just go up by like ten notches? She thought, as she noticed what almost seemed like an aura of fieriness around the Toa of Fire. "Not bad, hothead." She said with a smirk, intrigued, as she leaned back, curious how this would go now.

IC:

H O L Y  

Redhot doubled down his eating efforts, but he knew full well he hadn't just imagined the fire. Acknowledging his doom, and finishing breakfast in its face with defiance, he began doubling down his efforts on his last two pancakes, the heady, rich toppings making it more and more difficult to cope with the starches in his mouth, until at last--

BOOYAH

--he sat back, satisfied, and took a final swallow. Tossing his head back in defiance,, he found himself going crosseyed at one of the dots of whipped cream off his face, complete with a little dot of a chocolate chip on his nose. He'd wipe it off in a second. Honest.

", Saeva. Good win." Red found it hard not to grin like an idiot. "And welcome back."

From behind his back, both bound hands found their respective thumbs pointing skyward and proud in the direction of one Erzu Salvajemono.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: A wave of heat blasted his well-formed young features in a manner that probably would have blown his boyishly flowing locks back in an appealing manner if he wasn't a Toa and actually had hair. However, while the scene itself was geared towards potential fanservice, in his mind he was entirely awash with awe in the fact that the Onu-Toa had engineered a waffle-eating contest with the specific purpose of pulling Sareta's suppressed GAR back into the forefront. Truly, his size and bombastic disposition belied twelve kinds of cunning.

In spite of himself, he smirked as he grabbed the Ta-Toa's wrist, shooting Red an infinitesimally brief look.

You magnificent son of a ######.

"Winner-- Saeva Sareta!"

With a theatric air as though he were in a stadium full of 50,000 cheering hooligans instead of a waffle house that really didn't ask for any of this, he hoisted her arm up into the air.

"Now let's just hope you burn all that off before it goes to your thighs." he remarked, eyes gleaming with mischief that hadn't been seen since a sandstorm blew into Po-Wahi, seemingly forever ago now.

Jolek, stuck within the far side of the booth and as a prime specator during this whole event, flicked a crumb off of his plate and simply bit into his own.

City people are too ###### weird.

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC:

For her part, Saeva spent the next few moments looking even more red than normal as she worked to make up for the lack of oxygen throughout past few minutes. She tugged a napkin out of a holder on the table and wiped off the whipped cream that had managed to get scattered on her face, helpfully disguising the deep breaths with a nonchalant air, before glaring at Erzu.

"Only one payin' attention here's you, Monkey." After a moment of fishing around in her pocket, she dropped a handful of widgets on the table. "There. Breakfast covered, like I said. Red, I'll save that story for the next time Erzu decides he wants to tell stories. Probably funner."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"...Uh. Right."

Directed at...never mind.

Red casually twisted his wrists, rolling his eyes upward slightly in thought as oh this noise bruh

With an almost lazy tug, the binding around his hands snapped, and he plucked a napkin off a table to wipe his face.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Torana

She carefully dabbed her face with a napkin, getting rid of any melted chocolate stuck on her lips.

Then she turned around and saw a sight so implausibly messy that she felt like she still had batter and syrup and chocolate still piled on her face through sheer proximity to the-

Oh my god that's RED AND SAEVA

and they're sitting with THE COPS

WHY

Nevertheless she carefully made her way over but was at a loss for words, her expression just twisted from pure confusion.

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Dessa

"Sure thing, but... isn't your home pretty far back down the path? It's getting pretty dark..."

She scratched the back of her head and shrugged.

"Well, I guess you do know the Old Fusa better than I do, right?"

OOC: HEY HALA FOLKS THIS WOULD BE A GOOD TIME Y'KNOW

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Praxis

He did like one of his signature complaint-groans

IC: A brief, cheeky shrug and smirk sent it's way back at her.

"Hey, if you don't somebody's gotta. Can't keep up with me if you're outta shape, firefly."

Still holding her wrist from the victory declaration, an idea struck. A really, really childish idea, but an idea nonetheless. And if he continued to needle her, to stoke the fire...

"You did a good thing today, so..." he began, closing his eyes as if in deep contemplation.

His arm jerked abruptly forward, sending her hand towards her own face. "Don't beat yourself up over it!"

This is the apart where Wukong calls and says he's right

shut it

helo frens

IC: Mimira

"I'd like to go to that ice cream stand over there." 

IC: Taleen

"What are yo-" Taleen hadn't expected Plagia to loop an arm around her elbow, nor start dragging her off. It was making her feel...nervous? She wasn't suppose to feel nervous, she was trained not to be. Of course, she hadn't exactly been trained for social interactions such as this. She had no idea what she was supposed to do, she didn't like that feeling. 

Then again, since it was Plagia that was dragging her off, it wasn't all that bad. Taleen wished she knew exactly where this place was though, just to be sure they were going the right way.

"How far is this place anyway?"  

IC:

"It depends," I said. "When you're drunk out of your skull and can't remember where your last step had been, it's pretty ###### close. When you're hungover and you can barely stand thinking about taking another step, it's as far away as the Sun."

This followed by a cheeky grin and, "Otherwise, it's an average distance away."

IC:

who pUTS A ###### ICE CREAM STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF A ###### LAVA LAKE HONESTLY WHAT THE EVER-LOVING F--

"All right."

IC:

The plains between Ta-Wahi and Ga-Wahi were known for many things; their natural beauty, the peace of mind that one acquired whenever looking upon the gentle slopes and waves of grass, the horizon that spread as far as the eye could see over its nearly flat landscape, the--

OH GOOD GOD WE FINALLY MADE IT

--Le-Matoran who suddenly flopped, face-first, onto the ground as she made it into the grasses.

"i never thought i could walk so far in one day," Lumira gasped, making a valiant (if brief) attempt to push herself back up and into a more dignified position, before abandoning that effort and sinking deeper into the soft, welcoming earth.

OOC: HALA FAM, TO ME!

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Mimira made a gleeful sound, before running over to the ice cream stand. As she looked at the various flavors you could choose she gasped.

"Gunner! They have Orange Sherbet! Do you know what this means!?" 

"I see..." That hadn't been quite the directions she'd been expecting. "Do you get drunk out of your skull often?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

I watched Mim run over to the ice cream stand, bundling my payment for the drinks into a little orb of compressed air and letting it drift over to the counter so that I could keep an eye on her. I might have said something like, "Have a nice day," or "Don't spend it all in one place" or "If you find a man named Raknar, spike his drink with something that'll leave his head pounding for a couple of days for me, wouldja?"

And with that, I was out of there, alcohol buzzing in my veins and my customary smirk on my face. Mim was saying something about Orange Sherbet, and I had to stop and think about for a sec, since--

Seriously?

Orange?

"Not sure, kiddo. I'm still reeling from the knowledge that they make more sherbets than lemon."

IC:

Frickin--

"We were talking about directions, Tal," I said, making sure my smile never dropped (can't go showing weakness in front of my loving fans, now can I?). "The place should just be after the next block."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"They have strawberry too." Mimira pointed out, while she ordered an orange sherbet from the nice ice cream man.

"Evading the question are we?" Taleen smirked, with the kind of work she did, she knew when someone was trying to avoid a particular subject. Taleen decided to spare Plagia from an interrogation however as they went around the block.

"Oh, is that it up ahead?" 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Saeva nearly used the momentum to flip him over the table.

She was so close.

But she didn't have the money to pay for any more broken things, so she gave the Toa of Plant-Life a look that assured him she would take vengeance too, and looked at the very unsettled waiter with a look as bright, friendly and nonthreatening as she could manage.

"Black coffee, please."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Tezzek

"Well, my encampment is pretty secluded. I keep it far enough from the path that no idle passerby will accidentally stumble across it," He said, a tiny amount of pride at his own cleverness in his voice. "Besides, you're a stranger to this region. I might as well keep you company to the nearest settlement. Strength in numbers, and all."

He glanced back the way they came, towards Ga-Wahi and it's calm, rolling expanses. "Not enough travel Old Fusa these days, anyways. Those possessions I've left behind will be safe."

IC:

Saeva glared daggers at Erzu as she settled into her seat, trying to ignore the mild discomfort of eating so much food so fast. The Monkey would pay. She'd make sure he did. Painfully. But to distract herself from that, she looked over at Elly again.

"Don't think we were introduced, Pixie."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Pumpkin spice?

Psshhhh. B a s i c. No self-respecting bad bets against black!

stomach twinge

Redhot took a sip of his Bula juice gratefully when it came.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: b r i n g   i t

He was mildly sure this meant they were on the right track for that final push she needed. In the meantime, he dialed down his mask's sensitivity and pulled up a barstool.

Those two must beat eachother up a lot, Jolek thought, making it acutely aware to the audience that he did indeed have working eyes.

How's Tarex doing?

nibble

I wonder.

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens