BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Grochi sighed, walking behind the loud, bombastic Toa of Fire. It looked like he'd just managed to get himself stuck in some other foolish, half-thought-out quest for glory or such. What fun.

"You know, I do hope you'll tell me how it is you know my name. I'm not particularly famous - or infamous - in this place, and as such I'm not commonly spoken of." Noticing where Tharros was taking him, he snorted.

"And if you tell me that I'm the Chosen One come to restore balance between Light and Shadow and that you and I both are destined to save the island, I say hogwash."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Tharros

Tharros chuckled. "No, you are no Chosen One. At least, not chosen by any other than myself. And balance is a misguided goal; if light and dark were balanced, Makuta and Mata Nui would have equal reign."

Not directly answering his question, Tharros lead the Plasma Toa to the top of the wall, overlooking the city.

The conversation that follows took place away from overhearing ears.

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC:

Grochi wasn't particularly amused by this Toa of Fire's continued reticence as to the important question - how he knew Grochi's name - and frankly, he'd rather an immediate answer rather than being dragged on some climb up to the top of the city's walls to hear about how "war was coming" or something like that, which was not something Grochi particularly bought into. War had been coming a little while ago, but not now, not unless one of the Akiri was getting delusions of grandeur.

"Okay. First, you tell me how you know me - or know of me - second, you tell me what this whole climb was about, and third, you hope that I'm sufficiently interested enough in what you're saying to be helpful and not send you for a swim in the lava down below."

profiles i guess

OOC I apologize, I made a mistake. In past RPGs I've played anything In character is usable knowledge. Your name was used in the in character section earlier. I know this is a cop-out but my message is what is important.

IC

"My element allows me to read energies. Everyone's energies are linked to their essence. Yours is Grochi of Plasma. Now please, lower your voice. I apologize for my display, but you must understand! We are on the brink of war. I have come to find warriors."

--Character Profiles--

IC:

"I have this feeling that all of your weird speak - that, unless you aren't a Toa of Fire, is complete lies - means that you just aren't going to tell me how you know my name, doesn't it?" Grochi shook his head. "Anyways, I'm being about three times quieter than you are, still. And I'm not sure what about me makes you think I'm a warrior. Nor do I know why you think war is coming."

OOC: I'm assuming that your character is lying, anyways, because Toa of Fire can't do stuff like what yours said he could. =P

profiles i guess

OOC sigh. I've dug myself in a Hole. I thought I could use that knowledge because it was IC.

IC

"Look, I never assumed you were a warrior. I'm merely speaking to anyone who will listen. If you want details I will speak to you in private. That's why I brought you up here. There is going to be a war. If you want the details I will giver hem to you; if you have no interest then step down from this wall and stop wasting my time.

--Character Profiles--

IC:

Grochi smiled, a tight, cold, though still somewhat amused smile. Reaching out, he wrapped an arm around Tharros's shoulders, and directing him towards the edge of the wall. Below, the lava from the volcano could be seen bubbling away, and the drop was straight to it - nothing to grab onto to save yourself.

"See that, Tharros?" the Toa of Plasma said quietly. "If I wasn't interested in what you have to say, I'd have either walked away already, or shoved you into that. Regardless, take the implied questions within my statements for what they are and speak, man. If a war is coming, you certainly don't have all day, do you?"

profiles i guess

IC

Tharros chuckled. It was a deep, bellowing laugh reminiscing end to a crackling bonfire. "A fair point my friend. Listen to me, there is tension between the Akiri and some of the citizens. Things are changing. Peace may rest upon the island, but is only skin deep. I can see the tension. Mistrust. Do you understand?"

Edited by Veneras

--Character Profiles--

IC

Tharros chuckled. It was a deep, bellowing laugh reminiscing end to a crackling bonfire. "A fair point my friend. Listen to me, there is tension between the Akiri and some of the citizens. Things are changing. Peace may rest upon the island, but is only skin deep. I can see the tension. Mistrust. Do you understand?"

IC:

Grochi frowned. Tension between the villages? Mistrust? He hadn't been out of Ta-Koro particularly much recently, so he hadn't been able to observe the other villages - he'd been told that peace had been restored to its previous state after the conference at Kini-Nui. But, without a common enemy to unite them, and the threat of whatever might be in the vault...

It was possible that the tensions might lie just out of sight for any but those who decided to look for them; a possibility that wouldn't surprise Grochi in the least, with what all he had seen over his life. Things had been bad enough that an assassination had been attempted on Akiri Hahli just prior to the conference, and Po-Koro's seclusion still continued even after the conference. Onu-Koro was as enigmatic as ever...

The possibility that tensions could either quickly return or yet remained was an easy one to find.

"Alright. That doesn't necessarily mean that a war is on the horizon, unless you know something that the rest of us seemingly don't."

profiles i guess

IC:

"I didn't almost give my life fighting to save this Koro from the Rahkshi a while back just to watch while any fighting might break out, kid," Grochi replied. "I'm not out on a boat in the ocean kidnapping a Turaga anymore, I'm actually doing something to help the villages, and I don't plan to change that."

profiles i guess

OOC: Sorry for my extreme and unforgivable tardiness; I've been incredibly busy.

IC:

There is a moment of beautiful, serene silence as the Zamor passes through my chest, releasing its contents into my body, leaving only a feeling of slight mental stimulation. I charge my Lava Launcher once more, my mouth relaxing from manic grin to and impassive straight line, only to find my prey being dragged away by two of his previously unseen allies. It doth appear that there is an endless amount of reserves for fools who care to mount assaults on isolated beach huts. A moment, and my strides are closing the distance with, to the three scrambling sciolists, what can only be described as terrifying velocity, reloading my Zamor Launcher as the meters slink away, and the fool begins to punch his rescuers. Perhaps allies was not the appropriate description.

Before I get in range of melee attacks, my eyes grow crimson, twin suns of blood and ruby, and heat capable of melting protosteel burst forth in twin rays, spears of the abyssal fires. Precise movements of eyes and head sends them in scything horizontal swipes, audibly cutting molten swaths in the stone cliffs behind the manqué rescuers.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Ril

"Well, ."

Sometimes, Ril really hated his job. Especially when dealing with stubborn wannabe heroes and falling cliffs. It seemed that every time he attempted to do something in the name of peace, justice and the Ta-koro way, there would inevitably be a massive complication that made everything even more difficult.

"Change of plans guys," he continued. "We're moving towards the murderous skank this time!"

His movements changed, and the Toa of Fire began to push the Wanderer towards Hakann.

IC: Flaredrick

The fire burned at the right temperature as the metal began to melt into it's liquid form. When Flaredrick saw it was at the perfectly melted, he took out the smelted metal from the furnace, and poured it down on a mold of a knife. He allowed it to cool down as a knife he prepared earlier was done cooling. He began to hammer it down with a thongs on the metal, forming into the shape of a blade.

When he finished hammering the metal down to the perfect thickness, he began to buff out the imperfections of the newly formed blade. Slowly easing the blade through the buffer, an imperfection began to form back into the blade. When the blade was done, he began to heat it up again, but this time to make it slightly curved. The finished product was a 6 inch 5* knife.

"Now this is a fine blade."

He then began to work on the other knife by hammering it down to the same thickness as the curved knife. Only when he finished buffing out the knife, he began to chip off some metal a quarter inch in between one side of the blade, making it serrated.

"Well I finished the knives, now I just got to find those who ordered them."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

"I hope you have food, because otherwise, the answer will be no. If part of your prep is buying food, then yes, I'll probably go with you. So long as you get food. And water, by the way," Grochi said, smiling. "I don't particularly wish to die, especially not via starvation or dehydration."

profiles i guess

Ic: "Hey there, name's Modera."

It wasn't a typical thing for Modera to do but she gave it a show of determination. She stood in the castle's square with a blanket on the floor covered in knickknacks before her -- some knives, utensils, tools, a tin cup, thingamabobs, itemathingers, a couple little books. A small banner hung limply next to her advertizing 'Modera's Shop,' but it wasn't really helping her out much. People just walked on by or glanced at her blanket once before moving on with disinterest.

"Check out my goods?" Her tone was a little impatient but still kind, the sort of voice you'd expect from some young teacher tired of droning on the importance of complete schoolwork to a room of uninterested pupils. Modera wasn't having a grand old time, but it was her life.

Subscript on the banner gave her motto of "Go anywhere, sell anything." Unfortunately that motto didn't have that great an impact on her luck in Ta-Koro. It was a silly idea to try and set up a shop, really, and she realized it at last. It was dumb. Stupid. Who would buy some knife from her when there was like a dozen smithies within a couple blocks of the square? She clicked her tongue in disappointment after she tried introducing herself to one last stranger in the hopes to have her winning charm earn her a handful of widgets more for the day. It was easier for her to sell tent patching kits to the trees than it was to make some coin off of her wares in Ta-Koro as a stand up shop. Next time she should have stuck to just approaching people directly. At least her personality consistently wins sales that way.

Still, she figured it was worth a shot. She did make some money, though, off of some rigging line from Ga-Koro and a few disks from a subsidiary village in Le-Wahi. Not much but it was still just barely a net profit for the day so she was content enough to begin plopping the trinkets into her stuffsack and humming to herself some ballad tune while wishing she had a big bottle of

That was a typical thing for Modera to do.

IC:

Now, I'm not sure if you've met Hakann before. Rather unfortunately, I'm personally acquainted with the psychotic maniac. It's not a very civil relationship, to say the least, unless you live in some land where trying to impale one another upon crudely fashioned weapons is considered the proper way to greet one another. In which case please send me your home address and then wait for the carnage to begin. Regardless, over the course of time that I've spent with our ego-driven narcissist I've gotten to know his wares fairly well. Not least of all is fire.

Lots of fire.

And so, when I heard the unmistakable, deafening roar of flames ripping through the air behind my back, I wasted no time in shoving myself forward though the air, twisting to face the oncoming azure inferno, while flinging my hands up in front of me.

But of course, this wasn't just a hopeless gesture attempting to ward off the inevitable through sheer force of will alone.

There wasn't any time to think, and so I acted. Absorbing the flames would have been far more energy efficient, but I wasn't in any state to try and accomplish an elemental feat such as that, especially with a stolen power. Instead, I diverted the stream of fire to the side and down, the tongues of blue fire casting an interesting light upon my similarly hued armor. But there was more to it than that.

The angle of the direction of the flame wasn't completely a split second decision, it was aimed. Specifically at the Matoran who had suddenly decided to join the fight one again.

Having landed on my feet from leaping away from the flames, I turned my attention to the source. And guess who that was.

I grinned at my fellow Skakdi, of course while sending a blast of impact vision in his direction as greeting.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Motini - Ta-Koro Streets

Motini moseyed down the bustling Ta-Koro market, one hand on the handle of a rather pretty looking Katana. The blade, she had slumped over her shoulder in a rather undignified manner which was probably the cause of many people in the streets to make way for her a little, leaving her a small path to walk on as she moved down the street. In her lips hung a cigarette which would perk up every so often for her to breathe in hard, at which point the Toa of Magnetism would relax her shoulders.

She reached up with her remaining hand and picked the cigarette out of her mouth, tapping the end to watch the ashes fall to the ground. It was then that she noticed the contents of her cigarette had been spilling out the seam positioned almost perfectly at the bottom of the tube's circumference and tapping the ashes had tapped out what remained of the ingredients. Mot stopped dead center in the street and spun the smoke around to see that it was pretty much empty already. Looking down at her feet she could see little specks of the smoke. Between her legs and behind her was a clean trail. She lifted the smoke back up to her- back dow- up again- she swore under her breath as she began to scowl. Mot dropped the smoke and smothered it beneath her foot, "Peace." She said unceremoniously.

The curvy Toa repositioned her blade on her shoulder and began walking again.

Edited by turntechGodhead

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

Ic: Modera was halfway done with her packing when she saw someone pass by who she thought she recognized -- from where? Dunno. A dream, a chance encounter in a bar, maybe she bought some socks or needle and thread or some like that. Either way there was a preexisting connection she could maybe exploit for a quick sale. Though that familiarity with the woman meant that whatever interaction had happened before was positive enough to leave a good impression on Med's mind. "Hey, yo!" she hollered. "How's your edge holding up?"

Ffffs. She mentally ridiculed herself -- if the gal with the sword wanted to sharpen her blade she could just go to the smithy like errryone else around would do. Sensible stuff. That won't do.

She then noticed the emptying cigarette and disappointed look on the gal's face -- idea! "How about a fresh tobacco pouch? Gold Standard leafs. The good stuff!" she chipped.

IC: Motini - Ta-Koro

"The good stuff?" Mot stopped and looked the merchant up and down before giving a little snicker, "Girly," she reached inside her pocket to pull out what remained of her cigarettes, "The good stuff in life," she flipped out her pack, "Is never not free." With a bounce of her eyebrows she reached for a smoke showily only to watch the ingredients fall to the ground again. She put back the pack as she spoke, "How much." she swiped the bag from Modera's hand to examine it.

Edited by turntechGodhead

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Motini

"Seven," Mot shot her a look, holding the back over he head and back to get it further away from the merchant, "I can - Eight - count myself girly," she turned the bag over, counting quietly, "Nine - never was sure about Gold Standard - Ten - the taste was always off." She made a sort of italian "moi" with her fingers together as she looked up as if to think, "11 - all about - 12 - the taste - 13 - you know? - 14, 15, 16 - oh!" She shoved the bag back into Modera's hands.

"Aw, too expensive hon, that's too bad, I was looking forward to giving you more money than the wares were even worth," she shouldered her blade again and gave the merchant a sneer. Mot brushed past Modera, "Take care love."

| BZPRPG Profiles |