BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: We should probably bunny Tuarn for now.

IC Jarkale & Lai Lai

(Endless Ocean, The Inika):

Jarkale sat on a rock, watching as Tuarn inspected the damage. Lai Lai sat next to him, watching at the waters rather than the ship.

"I have to say I kinda like the feeling of something solid under my feet", Jarkale said. "It's been so long, and we Po-Matoran aren't really that fond of the sea."

"Yet you decided to come on this journey", Lai Lai said. "Why?"

"I'm the Chronicler", Jarkale answered. "You know that. It's my duty to brave the dangers of the sea and help out my friends. Besides, we might find something really interesting. Once we're under the Red Star, that is."

Lai Lai gazed up in the sky. "How long will it be, you think?"

"Could be weeks still", Jarkale replied with a sigh. "We're not moving very fast, and we misjudged the distances somewhat. And now that we're stranded, who knows how long it will take before we are on the move again?"

Lai Lai nodded and looked The Inika, hopelessly resting on the jutting rocks with a crack on its hull.

IC: One of the diners looked up from what was left of his frankly delicious burger, a flummoxed frown affixing itself to his face.

Sudokuronu was a traveler by nature. That meant that he, as one might guess, wasn't able to find a spot to cook a proper meal for himself too often.

Meaning that he'd been to a lot of restaurants in his time, across the entire spectrum of them, in fact.

And that? That sounds eerily akin to something exploding?

That was new.

He glanced around the room. A few others were in the same boat as him, it seemed, but, and this was interesting, not the suited fellow nor his main squeeze almost directly behind him. In fact, the pair seemed almost like they simply hadn't heard it.

Bare shoulders ashrug, the Le-toa casually leeeeaned back in his chair until he was within quiet distance of the Skakdi behind him. Half turning his face to look at Raknar, he spoke in a low, almost conspiratorial tone.

"You have any idea what that was?"

helo frens

IC:

"Got it," Iraanus said, signing a quick wave of acknowledgement towards Viloz's already-retreating form. In a single smooth motion he slapped another ruki onto the counter next to his own and lopped off its head. "Not being dead, always a good thing, yeah?" He paused, considering the fish he was preparing. "'Cept for you guys. Sorry."

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Sudo smirked. "Well put. From what I've overheard, you've enough on your plate right now."

Pardon the pun.

Glancing at Song, he leaned back just a tad further, brow furrowing as if serious.

"You had her with that last bit. She may be recovered now, but I'd bet my whole wallet she's still off-balance. Keep pressing and you've got this one in the bag."

He met Raknar's eye and gave a sharp nod, looking every part the man making plans for war.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

IC:

Raknar nodded once stonily and then took a lazy, huge bite out of his burger, and then again; he'd finished his meal in four bites and then moved onto the fries, washing a few of the tuber strips down with some ale now and again. Song was a quicker eater, but with smaller bites; the Toa of Lightning would reach out with a blurry hand and steal a fry or two of his now and again with a smile (he hated her smiles almost as much as he loved them) and leave the Skakdi grumbling in her wake. 

Give me an opening. Just give me an opening...

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Sudo, already having finished, watched intently, noting Song's darting hands.

He gave Raknar a glance, eyes steely. "Wait for it..."

Every muscle tense, he gripped the back of Raknar's chair.

"Wait for it..."

Oh, how he wanted to intercept. It would be a trivial task with his Kakama, no doubt, but...

But this is a man's battle, one he has no place interfering with!

He cursed mentally, wishing he did not bear the hawk of flames upon his back. If only his moral compass were not so strong!

And so they waited. Waited with bated breath, twitchy reflexes, and one mind.

helo frens

IC: Avier

Avier stayed silent for a while, still maintaining his grip as he contemplated the situation. He liked everything he heard, but skepticism kept him from jumping at the opportunity.

Then again, he also realized there wasn't anything else for him to do. No risk, no reward.

"I'm in." he said, letting go of Mar.

IC:

"..."

Song observed the two across from her communicate with all the subtlety of a drunk, and about as much maturity. She long since had ceased making any movements at all, drink in one hand, the other placed motionless on the table. The Toa didn't even move to drink; her eyebrow just inched higher, and higher, and higher with every interaction between the two opposite her. Her burger was long since gone, she really had been hungry, and now she simply observed in silence, still as a statue.

"... Yeeeeeeah. Newcomer, you're the most childish person I've met today. Firstly, boyo, I'm never off-balance, and of all the people to hazard a guess, you're the least qualified. Second, you're not nearly as quiet as you think you are. Third..." She simply shook her head, downing the last of her drink with in exasperation. "Raknar, enjoy your new friend. He seems very, very clever. Really."

"I'm going to go see about another drink." Without another word, the Vo-Toa rolled her eyes once more at the newest participant and stood, moving over towards the counter without a backwards glance.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Man, I think she wants to be friends." Sudo joked, rolling with Song's metaphorical punches with the sort of airy ease you'd expect from any Le-Toa as she left.

Poor girl needed to remove that stick from her keister though.

Really, no harm in a bit of fun.

With a slight flex of the ankles, Sudo's chair was back to having all four legs planted upon the floor. With a practiced whirl, he turned himself to face his new compatriot, extending a hand.

"Raknar, right? I'm Sudokuronu."

helo frens

IC:

"Raknar, indeed," said the Skakdi with a hearty shake and a wave over to the Toa of Lightning at the counter. "That's my girl and First Mate, Song. She'll answer if I call her Slumpbuster, Curvypants, or 'Ay! Yo! Woman!' but I wouldn't try out any of those names myself if I were you. Opinionated to a fault, totally unflappable, and hot enough to get away with hijinks that result in anything short of fatal. She is both my blessing and my curse, and I wish it was that easy to get rid of her."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Sudo chuckled good-naturedly, seemingly perfectly unfazed by the lashing he'd received moments before. "I'd noticed."

"Sounds like a real catch. Hang on to her." he advised, knowing it was probably not necessary in the slightest, but, hey, no harm in smoothing it over. However, there was one interesting part of his description that he had to pry about.

"First Mate? You're a captain?" he asked, leaning in a tad, very interested. Spending the past couple of weeks in Ga-Koro had made for quite the reminder of what he knew of the sea dog's life.

Being from a small village in Le-Wahi, he had always heard tales of brave sailors and grand adventures on the high seas. Perhaps now he might have a chance to experience it first-hand.

And as a traveler willing to experience all walks of life, he'd sooner hoisted a loaded Patero to his temple than squander a chance to live out old fantasies.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

IC:

"I'm going to go see about another drink." Without another word, the Vo-Toa rolled her eyes once more at the newest participant and stood, moving over towards the counter without a backwards glance.

IC: Wilmor (The Great Takea)

I'm already at the counter when the unusually colored Toa of Lightning shows up there, seeking solace from the giggling boys over at her table. I give her a indifferent grunt of acknowledgement and a nod as I accept my own drink.

Again, the combination of cook and mercenary is an inspiring career choice.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC:

The lady and her bodyguard from Ta-Wahi. Charred Forest, to be exact.

Gyro, Wade; this one's for you. Also, Wade, belated welcome to the team. ;)

IC: [ Rhea ] - Ga-Wahi / Naho Bay

They never saw her coming.

Well, maybe Mar did, wearing as he did the Kanohi Akaku, but when the bay's water rippled suddenly, like the kill-wake of a shark, then hit the beach in a swirling silver flash of tropical spray and a supple green-eyed creature of burnt orange and chromatic white slid from the foam in a tumbling pivot on the heel of her hand, cartwheeled in the air with a practiced military grace, came up standing lithe and easy on the hard-packed sand, there was no question-- no question at all-- that they saw her when she was there.

Right there, saltwater sluicing like a liquid cape across her shoulders, hot Ga-Wahi sun sparkling bright on her armor and the Mask of Possibilities (well, not really; it's actually a Kaukau, but yeah), emerald gaze laughing as quick and seductive as the devilish half-smile that played across her lips.

"Fine morning, boys. You rang?"

OOC: Thanks, glad to be a part of it  ;)

Well, hello.

Avier didn't know who this Toa was, but her sudden appearance was quite the pleasant surprise. She was a rare treat for the eyes, compelling him to stare and savor her beauty for longer than what would be considered polite, drawing him in with her graceful features and seductive flair. It was almost reflex to return her smile, his face softening into a look of casual warmth, though a barely discernible hunger still lingered in the red of his eyes.

"A fine morning to you as well."

He glanced to Mar, the question hanging above them all too evident.

"I'm assuming you two know each other?"

Rhea laughed, left eyebrow tilting playfully upwards in surprise, and completed the Fa-Toa's gesture of greeting with her own hand; a hand smaller, more delicate, but no less firm.

"New boss? Working? Not so fast, I'm afraid. Mar, my... self-appointed recruitment officer, by the looks of things... is one proposition indeed. I, Rhea, am quite another entirely. I'll need a brief rundown on your self-described personality type, your history and background, your self-acknowledged specialties, combat or otherwise, any notable friends or enemies you come attached to, and-- let's see-- how about your favorite type of music?"

Her tone was amused, but her eyes were alert, calculating, and not particularly smitten. She was intrigued, yes, but it took more than broad shoulders and a likable smile to cut the ice that smoldered in her core... the ice that, through her, burned already in the half-fledged falcon legion that had barely stirred its feathers to the wind.

She would see. No gamble, no profit... but every gamble calculated, and every profit scoped in full. This was a game played for keeps, and one false move, one gamble lost, could cut the line of triumph and defeat.

She, Rhea Heartsflame, did not intend to lose.

And she would see. Ah yes, she would see indeed.

IC: Avier (Naho Bay)

"Should have brought my resume." Avier chuckled, his amiable attitude still present but his casual tone bordering along something more serious. He knew he wasn't in yet, Mar already mentioned he'd have to prove his worth somehow, and right now, he had to pass his interview. 

Describing his own personality, though? That was a new one. Honesty wasn't his forte. 

"Let's just say that I'm easily swayed by money, power and adventure, cliché as it may sound. As for what I'm like...well, we'll just have to get to know each other, alright?" he said, always smiling.

"I was born in Xa-Koro and lived a good portion of my life there, not exactly making money in the healthiest way possible. I ran with gangs for a while, did a lot of thievery too, typical stuff you'd hear from someone who grew up there. Eventually, I left for the mainland to find work as a mercenary and I did that for several years before settling down in Ga-Koro for a bit."

"Any friends and enemies I once had got buried when Xa-Koro went down, I assume. The rest isn't of any significant importance." 

"My specialty lies in combat, close-quarters specifically, hence the Pakari, though I'm not limited by distance as a result of my element. I've got the skills for construction and repair work, maybe even mechanical, but if you need a janitor or someone to set the table for dinner, I can do that too."

"Oh and Le-Koro has the best music. They know how to throw a good party."

Edited by TX Wade

Wild card. Loose cannon all the way, but a cannon nonetheless. Play the hand right, he'll do, and do well. Play it wrong...

Deliberately, she let her eyes dissect his for an uncomfortably long moment, and then she noted, quietly and clearly, "You are, I think, a dishonest prick, Avier. Yet I think you may be useful to me... very useful... if you can search your heart and answer me now, one thing, with as much honesty as ever a heart could muster."

A meaningful pause... and whatever he answered, it would not be so important the what, as the how.

"Loyalty... and what does it mean to you?"

Avier's smile broadened, clearly amused. She was blunt, brutally honest in her analysis, dishing out her opinion like it was a fact rather than an insult, and in all fairness, she had hit the nail on the head. He couldn't have been mad if he tried, simply because that was the simple truth. If anything, he was rather impressed. 

Still, he didn't see his personality as an issue. Mar wasn't exactly a joy to be around yet he was part of this so-called team, so he didn't feel too worried. The question, however, changed that.

"Commitment." Avier began, treading carefully with his words. "To me, loyalty means you'll stand beside someone without judgement, regardless of the situation. You willingly put yourself at risk so you can offer your support whenever it's needed or not. Despite the differences that might stand between you, you set them aside for trust and devotion."

He paused for a moment, looking Rhea in the eye this time.

"Thing is, loyalty's not something that comes easy. It's a big investment which takes a lot of time and effort to develop, and not everyone's willing to be that faithful for nothing. Basically what I'm saying is, if you don't want me to stab you in the back, it's up to you to give me a good reason not to."

"That shouldn't be a problem for someone like you though, should it?"

IC:

The Vo-Toa gestured for a drink, sparing the other being near her a slight nod. She could still hear the two talking not far behind, but she wasn't really irked; Slightly annoyed, perhaps, but it was tempered by amusement, That did not, however, prevent her from holding up a hand over her shoulder to fire a lightning bolt from a finger, carefully manipulated to pass harmlessly just between their heads before grounding itself. There wasn't really a purpose; it just amused her.

The bolt, fitting with her preferred attitude towards life at large, was fired from a very specific, lone extended digit.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Wilmor (The Great Takea)

"Seems to me like merely threatening them is being generous" I remarked after finishing my own drink.

I realized relatively quickly that I was headed for deep water by associating with this racket. Well, it was either this or going fishing again.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC(Ignitus(on board the Inika):

Spotting Jarkale and Lai Lai sitting on a rock, I remember the strange lack of weight at my hip, a spot that has become so used to occupation by a sword and scabbard.

Curious, I approach the Matoran. "Jarkale," I say. "I think you may be able to help me with something. Ever since I lost my sword, I just don't feel right. Do you think we might have a spare on board somewhere I could use?"

:a::k::i:

Edited by The Nold

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC:

Hahli, meanwhile, waited for Jaliax and Arden to leave before turning to Eutuchia with a troubled look on her face. It was clear to the Matoran of Plantlife that the oddity that had become of Treize's charge was not what was affecting her, and she pulled her knife from the map and ran a finger around the rent the dagger had left over the parchment. "I want to see her, Eutuchia."

The Vo-Matoran's eyes went wide. "Aure--"

"No," Hahli said, "Surina."

"Are you planning to take care of the unfinished business from last time?"

"I'd be within my rights as Akiri too. A single conspiracy to commit assassination should do the trick, but two? I really should, shouldn't I?" Hahli asked ruefully, running her finger along the blade's hilt. "I don't know. I haven't decided. I'd like to see her first."

And so it was that Eutuchia led Akiri Hahli through the fort and into the Marine dungeons, down past the arrays of common criminals into solitary. Surina had - what she believed to be - a silver tongue, and Captain Kotu had thought it prudent that she be removed from the common populace in lieu of her crimes and talents. She was bound at wrist and ankle and waist. Hahli had asked that she be returned her mask after it appeared she may go catatonic without it. Were it not for the Akiri's demand that, as a Ga-Matoran, she be treated as a person and not a Rahi, she may well have slipped into a coma. She looked up at Hahli with golden eyes, deep and unrepentant and loathing. That was to be expected, though - Surina had only known two defeats, one at Hahli's hands and one at her own, and even that was inspired by her drive for revenge against Ga-Koro. Her face had the same cast as her eyes - pretty, in a drawn sort of way, with a hungry cast and surly disposition. Prison had done that to her, no doubt. The Surina Hahli remembered had been a bit more amiable.

Hahli pulled up a chair and sat down, gesturing for Eutuchia to pull up another for himself. The Matoran shook his head, preferring to lean against the wall. With a one-shouldered shrug, Hahli turned back to Surina. The would-be schemer hadn't said a word. Her eyes just stared into Hahli's. Cold eyes, even with all that emotion in them. There's no regret in this one. She'd draw my dagger now and kill me if she could. The thought dismayed her - not out of fear for her own safety, but because the decision she had hoped she would not have to make was drawing closer every second.

"You know, I know what it is to be driven out of home," she said. "When the Daedra revealed their true colors, Ketan and Anthyn had me cornered. I would have died if I hadn't slipped away and swam until I couldn't see the lilypads anymore. For a month I hid in the foliage, trying to remember all Jaller taught me about hunting, and what berries Kongu had said were poisonous, and I could tell where I was by looking up at the Red Star and following it, like Nixie once showed me. After that month was up, a couple Marines stumbled across the little tent I'd pitched for myself out of tree branches and huge leaves. Kotu had led them herself, searching for me. They said the Daedra had been expelled, Makuta was gone, and that they were holding elections for Akiri. I hadn't been there to even nominate myself, but so many Matoran wrote in my name that I won the vote overwhelmingly." The memory brought a wan smile to her face. "So I can understand what it means, to refuse to die when the world tells you to. I can even understand coming back to Mata Nui. But revenge? You could have gone anywhere, Surina. Done anything with your life, and we would have never looked for you or thought twice. Why did you throw that chance away? Why me? Tell me all."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME