BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

The knife stopped spinning, and was sheathed in the blink of an eye, accompanied by a quiet sigh. The Toa stood from her chair, hands in her pockets as she walked over to the Skakdi, flowing easily from step to step, almost more liquid than solid in her movements. Song stopped a pace or two away, posture relaxed, and truth be told, the slightest bit amused despite herself. The situation was a bit tense, Raknar was annoyed... But she was still amused.

"Because I am easily the best fighter you can find. I am perfectly suited to deal with the enemies that give you trouble. You keep me around because, despite the occasional bout of laziness, I can complete the necessary tasks in half the time it would take someone else. Because I am good at what I do." A pause, and she arched an eyebrow in slight amusement. "You keep me around because despite my general disregard for authority, I'm loyal. Not necessarily to your position, but to you, and to the job at hand."

"I don't manipulate you into doing the work if it's actually needed; Even if I do get you to do a lot of the labor, when I'm needed, I do what is needed. You keep me around because, if after a year you haven't gotten rid of me, you're used to me. Furthermore, I have been loyal enough and patient enough to put up with absolutely everything since we left the 'Vika."

"You don't always like my attitude; That's a common complaint, and I'll even go so far as to say it could use some improvement. But don't ever pretend there isn't a reason I'm here. If there ever comes a time that you truly cannot remember what that reason was, then I'll go."

A long, long pause; A fairly tense one, truth be told, before she cracked a grin. "Besides, you can't cook for ######, Cap'n Rakkie. And you'd miss me."

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"..."

"A fully grown Skakdi, former captain of the Infernavika, wielder of a massive axe, and smasher of melons. And I'm spooky." The spooky Toa said, staring at her comrade with a degree of bemusement. The Toa of Lightning cocked her head slightly, studying the being. After a moment, she tugged him into a light hug.

"Why do I keep you?"

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"First, they're melons. Clearly I'm a better botanist." Raknar casually tossed his weapon to the ground on the tarp and wrapped his burly arms around Song to return the hug. "You know about the winds, the waves, and how they both can work for or against the ship. You need my axe and my muscles. My accent is like molten butter. My hammock would dwarf you if you slept in it alone. You need me. It's parasitic."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Tillian's eyes may have been innocent, but they weren't blind; he watched Liara pull herself away and pour some coffee into the first mug she could find. The doctor still fancied herself a mercenary, subtle as death, but she was still Liara, and he'd still spent every day with her for two years. She was his best friend in the world, and they had seen each other at their worst; this was not Liara's worst, but it was definitely miserable. He gently crossed over to her again and sat up on the table, putting two fingers on the lid of the coffee pot after she'd set it back down.

"Did I upset you?"

IC:

"Good. Now move your foot. You're standing on the corner of the tarp. Unless I can dump you and the melon pulp over the rail."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

The Vo-Toa moved aside, off of the tarp, to allow him to throw it overboard. She kept her hands in her pockets, watching him carefully.
"There. Better?"

IC:

"No."

The answer was brief, the single word uttered quietly, with the most conviction she could muster. Which, admittedly, wasn't very much. She stared at the mug in her hand, taking a sip after a few moments of silence. The coffee was barely more than warm, but it was something; she took a long sip, not bothering to search out the cream. It was bitter without it, but tolerable. Nevertheless, her face tightened at the taste. The silence continued for a few more minutes, before she looked at Tillian again.

"Nothing you've done, really."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Markedly." The captain grinned toothily when he was done and rolled up the tarp with his hands. When it was packed up tightly he lifted the sleek door to the cargo hold and lowered it in, kicking the trapdoor closed with a food and leaning against the Charm's mast. "You look bored. Want to go grab a drink? We could use a change of pace from sharing swigs from a bottle of Salamander's in my hammock."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

(Kehua)

The large Toa waved the suggestion of pressing charges away. "The fun part is over anyway." he said. "I'll leave the processing to you. Besides, I have business to take care of."

He began to walk away from the group again. The fun part was indeed over - and in addition, the Aitua had no intention of sticking around for the aftermath of the dead body he left on the docks.

----------------

(Rhow)

Not far away, the Skakdi woke up early to start her work day. She never slept deeply, but she had become more relaxed as of late thanks to the time spent in peace. Sure, there were criminals, murder - but compared to where she had come from, it was practically serene.

She flipped the sign on the Great Takea's door to "open" and dug into the work of running the restaurant.

OOC: Rhow open for interaction.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Resuming control over Lai Lai and Jarkale.

IC Lai Lai and Jarkale

(Endless Ocean, The Inika):

Jarkale sighed as he finished writing yet another entry to his book chronicling the Red Star Voyagers' story. He was hoping to encounter land soon; the heaving sea was making him sick.

Lai Lai sat on a bed, looking at the Po-Matoran. "They're fighting outside", she said.

"Practicing", Jarkale corrected. "It's good that they do that. This journey has taken so long we may all have lost our touch with reality. Wherever we are going, we might encounter hostile entities and danger."

Lai Lai nodded. She had been studying the Red Star ever since the voyage began. She had been told by the other members of the crew about their theories of the Red Star pointing out a key for the Vault back on Mata Nui. She wondered if it could be true.

Suddenly, the ship abruptly crashed into something, sending both Jarkale and Lai Lai, as well as everyone on the deck, hurtling forward.

"What was that?" Jarkale said as he regained his footing.

"The ship must have hit something", Lai Lai said, alarmed. She ran on deck and cried out in dismay as she saw the small rocky islet their ship had crashed into.

IC:

Forward! The thought echoed within my mind as we advanced in sync to block Kiron's attack. The command activated something in me, though, and that was the funny part out of this entire fight - it felt like a switch had just been toggled on for a second, and for that second everything was friggin' awesome.

The scent of ozone arose around me as a slight burst of untamed electricity exploded outwards from behind me, a weird combination of the energy released and the electromagnetism that I had nigh-no control over thrusting me forwards and letting me clang my blade against Kiron's far harder than I had ever expected to be possible.

Crunch! The satisfying sound came as the Inika suddenly decelerated, and my body launched forwards like a ragdoll flung by a 5 year old child from the forward momentum and I literally fell onto Kiron, who also list his footing from the abrupt stop as well.

"Ooowww......" I muttered as I slowly picked myself back up, temporarily obnoxious to the state I may have left Kiron in as I hobbled towards the bow of the ship.

I looked over the edge.

"The $%^& is this?"

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC(Ignitus(on board the Inika)):

Ah, fighting. Even watching a practice fight is enough to take my mind off of the nightmares I've been having, filling my head instead with the closely observed techniques executed by my crewmates. Remembering that Vulcan is now lost, I can't help but wonder when I'll be able to get some other sort of weapon to replace it. Maybe we have a spare sword or two on board that I could take; I'll have to ask Jarkale later.

CRUNCH

Next thing I know, I hit the deck. Hard.

"Son of a ..." I groan, picking myself up. Immediately, I make my way to join Lai Lai and JL in examining the islet we crashed into.

"Land ho. I guess."

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC: Potus

The Stone Toa fell asleep upon trying to watch JL and Kiron fight and not destroy the ship. Then he was waken up violently by the sudden stop of the boat. He fell down from his perch and hit the deck hard as a rock. "Ow."

He rose up and went towards the front of the Inika. It would seem the ship had banked itself on the shore of an islet. Probably cause no one was driving the thing. He got off the boat and praised Mata Nui on the islet. Then turning to the boat he said, "Who was driving the boat while you two fought?"

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC Jarkale and Lai Lai

(Endless Ocean, Reef):

Jarkale got off the boat to stand on the reef The Inika had crashed into. The took a look at the damage and sighed. His news was not good.

"There's a huge crack running along the hull", he reported. "The ship is stuck in the reef. If we pull it out somehow, it would sink immediately."

Lai Lai took a better look at the reef. It wasn't very large, just a couple of jutting rocks here and there. Just our luck that we happened to run into them, she thought bleakly.

"We'll have to fix the ship, I guess", Jarkale continued. "Does anyone know how?"

IC:

"Oh, don't say that, that's always sketchy," Tillian admonished, walking alongside Liara before she could weasel away from him and reinforce any potential pout lines. "There's gonna be nothing to regret. Everyone's going to live seeing you."

IC:

Raknar tended to put his arm around Song's neck as a sign of endearment, but it doubled as a mark of respect; the Toa was tall and lean enough that he didn't have to stoop over to stand next to her, which his back appreciated unduly. The Skakdi captain walked with his arm around her neck now, affectionately keeping her throat in the crook of his elbow while his eyes meandered about Ga-Koro, searching for somewhere to camp out for a drink. Tidalpool Bar and Grill, The Burst Bubble, and various other ripoff names or poor puns floated above the populace on signs of oak and old metal. A couple times Raknar would point out a place but Song had known him too long and grown too close to him, and her attractive, haughty swagger had only grown exponentially larger. She would shake her head at most of the places he pointed out, but finally after five rejections - and five deep breaths to keep his cool - Song finally shook her head in laughter instead of in scorn.

"Fine. This one. Only because I can feel you're about to have a tantrum, and I didn't bring a bib or your pacifier."

So the Skakdi and the Toa sauntered into the Great Takea as one.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

To Liara's distinct lack of surprise, Tillian had mirrored her movements to keep nearby, and keep an eye on her reactions. She took a long sip of her drink in silence, maintaining the latter for several moments afterwards. She perched almost unconsciously on a table, half leaning and half sitting on it, redirecting her attention to the Ba-Toa once more.

"You're right, I'm sure it'll be great." The Le-Toa forced a smile, injecting a similar emotion into her tone as best she could.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Zarok)

Crunch

Zarok's eyes snapped open, and he sat up in his bed. "What is it this time...?"

He stood up, and groggily walked out onto the deck, towards everyone else. "What's going on, guys? What did we hi-" He quickly glanced over the side of the boat.

"...Land. Oh. Not much land, but it's land."

Zarok climbed down towards the reef, and stood on one of the rocks. "It's nice to stand on solid ground. If only it was bigger...and less damaging to the boat."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: (J'Con)

The two stalked the edge of the beach for nearly an hour before reaching Naho Bay. The Kaukau-shaped rock and beautiful falls always managed to inspire a bit of awe in J'Con, but today he had no time for sight-seeing. He immediately began treading rhe water of the bay, wading into the depths with little hesitation, even as he became knee-deep, waist-deep, completely submerged in the bay. He beckoned for Syvra to do the same, though the Toa of plantlife would likely not be as accustomed to the water as J'Con. For one thing, J'Con did not float to the top of the tide, his powers over gravity keeping him anchored to the ground.

The further down they went, the more difficult it became to see the surface. Each of them were running low on oxygen, but just before they drowned, a rock outcropping became visible a few feet in front of them. J'Con raised his hands, and the rock rose, making visible a gap between the ground and the rpck that made up Naho Bay. For the moment, J'Con's elemental powers kept water from rushing in, but once the two were inside he released the rock and things returned to normal. Air was to be found abundantly in the hideout, and both Toa made use of it. Once the two had caught their breath, J'Con welcomed him.

"Welcome to my humble abode. Make yourself at home."

'Cove' had possibly been an innacurate description. The underwater cavern was spacious, and J'Con had managed to furnish it. Every sense was hit as Syvra looked around. Lightstones illuminated the cave, making it almost as bright as a naturally-lit room. The sound of running water was as serene as it was distant. The cove was kept at a cool temperature by ventilation that also provived needed oxygen. The smell of plantlife brought attention to the aquatic garden where J'Con was growing food for himself. Essentially, one could sustain themself for a good while in the hidden cavern.

"Time to get going, I suppose."

OOC: Some pretty significant bunnying, but nothing serious. Feel free to return the favor, I suppose.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

"Glass of the strongest you've got!" The Vo-Toa called out upon passing through the entrance to the bar, a wide grin crossing her face as she sank into a seat. After a glance around the establishment, she nodded in satisfaction; It'd do just fine. Truthfully, any one of the others would have, too. But there was something fun about irking her Skakdi companion.

"And a burger, while you're at it. I'm starving."

IC:

The Le-Toa sighed, knowing she'd been caught in the act. "It's fine, Til. I'm just... A little stressed. It's complicated, and a bit of a mess that I've swept under the carpet and tried to ignore."

"But it's fine. Did I tell you I got a piano?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Raknar grumbled to himself and fell sideways into a chair across from Song, kicking his legs up onto her knees and banging his hand on the table once, signaling for the same order. She turned her wide smile on him and tilted her head, the picture of innocence. He took another deep breath and traced the edges of his fingers with the knife on the table until their drinks arrived - a horn of beer for the captain and whiskey for the first mate.

IC:

"I noticed," Tillian acknowledged, running the side of a finger along the polished surface so as to not disrupt the finish. "I didn't know you still played."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Song instantly took a long swallow from her whiskey, nodding to the server briefly in acknowledgment. She was quiet for a moment, then nodded.

"Decent enough."

IC:

"I didn't. The first week after I fixed it sounded horrible, until I got back in practice."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Raknar, who was much easier to please, toasted his ale and took a casual deep drink in the Toa of Lightning's face.

IC:

"Go for it." Akiri Hahli put her chin on top of her fist and looked curiously at the dual-minded supplicant before her. "Take a few days to yourself, and, err...figure things out, I guess? See what experts have to say? Do what you can, and I'll see if I can get a couple Marines searching for similar cases. Jaliax, if she wasn't your responsibility already, she is now."

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME