Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Arrogant? :P When did Echelon say anything arrogant? He's cold and malevolent, yes, and he knows his own power, but I wouldn't say he's arrogant...IC (Echelon)"That depends," said Echelon, pulling the Ko-Matoran back in the same manner, "one whether they are more useful to me dead or alive."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Yes XD But seriously, if Echelon is arrogant, it's not petty arrogance. It's I-can-crush-you-with-my-mind-and-I-know-it arrogance.IC (Echelon)"And which would you rather happens today?" Echelon replied calmly. "You seem to assume that I'm unreasonable."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Xerov"I assume nothing." Most of the time. "I do, however, notice that the last two Matoran who crossed your path are dead. The only reasons I'm still alive are that this amuses you and you want to know if I have any promise, but the former far more than the latter. The one 'talent' of sorts that I have is getting into people's heads -- I can find out things about a person just by looking at them that others would take days or years to notice." Oh, there you go, you're bragging. You're bragging in a life-or-death situation. Sometimes I wonder how I put up with myself.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Echelon)"That is an interesting skill," said Echelon, "provided that wasn't just your ego talking. However, it is a skill that would be lost if I were to...make use of you."It was clear what he meant by 'make use'.

Edited by Ghosthands

IC (Echelon)Abruptly, the magnetic force holding Xerov disappeared and the Matoran dropped to the ground."Well then," Echelon said. "I'm interested. Are you one of these fools who thinks Mata Nui is going to come and solve all their problems? Or are you one of those who believes Makuta, Master of Shadows, is a benevolent but harsh god? And, if you are as astute as you claim, which do you think I am?"

IC: XerovSeriously? This is what he calls a test? He wears a Tryna and walks around with dead goons, and he expects that I might make the mistake of considering him 'one of the good guys'? What a pity. "I'm not too fussed either way. You, however, seem to be a strong believer in the latter."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Echelon)Echelon smiled icily."And that, you see, is where you are wrong," he said. "You see, I have no delusions about Makuta."Echelon's red eyes burned down at Xerov."Makuta is no god. Neither is he benevolent. He is a dark and terrible being, an entity of shadow itself. He is powerful, but he seeks more power. Power over the people of this island. Those who stand in his way, he will destroy. Those who think he wants the best for them are fools. He cares not for them. Not truly. I see Makuta for what he truly is. And I like it."

Edited by Ghosthands

IC: Xerov"So you serve him because, in your mind, you two are alike? Or are you just involved for his personality quirks and the insurance package?"

Edited by Vorex: Keeper of Time

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC (Echelon)"That is one way of putting it, perhaps," Echelon replied. "There are two types of beings Makuta needs, or wants. The first is the kind who devote themselves to him, throwing praises at his feet. Grovelling like insects before a god."Echelon's black robes fluttered in the wind."The second is my kind. Beings of power. Those who can prove themselves useful to him."The Dark Toa had been gazing off into the distance. He looked back to Xerov."It is my kind who will gain a share of Makuta's power when the island is finally his. And so, Matoran, you have a choice. Stay with the Mata Nui-worshippers, and perish in the holocaust. Or join the ranks of blind devotees to the Lord of Darkness."Echelon laughed in derision."Pathetic. Or you can take the third path. Make yourself a valued tool - an ally, even. Prove your worthiness to Makuta - and he will reward you."

IC: XerovIf I chose this, I would become an outcast in society, hated by all--Oh, wait -- I already am. I have come all this way because a Ta-Matoran hit me, and told me to find myself a place in society. Somewhere where I would be wanted and accepted.The other Matoran think I'm a freak. Sure, Joske tried to help me, but seeing as he got himself killed afterwards I'd hardly think his advice is all that good. He wants me to go out and find my place in a world which lives to praise a sleeping god? Well, this place seems pretty darn good. I have nothing to lose, and so much to gain. "And how does one go about taking that path?"

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC (Echelon)Echelon smiled, his back towards the Matoran. Sometimes it could be so easy to turn people..."There are many paths, all leading in to the same destination," he replied. "You and I cannot take exactly the same - for our skills, our usefullnesses, are different."He once more turned to look over his shoulder at Xerov, gripping his staff in one hand, the arctic wind billowing his robes out behind him."Matoran, while they are rarely powerful combatants, make excellent spies," he said. "And if you can read people as well as you claim...well, Makuta can always use more eyes and ears in the villages. Or among these...organisations...that dare to stand against him. We each must find our own calling from Makuta - perhaps you will be fortunate enough to receive it in person."

IC: XerovWait, so he converts me and leaves? That's hardly polite. "How should I make my presence known to him?"I could go to Kini-Nui... but few travel there and leave alive. This guy, though... he probably knows something. If he thinks he's getting a share later on, he must have had some kind of contact with Makuta.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

OOC: Since when is Echelon leaving? :PIC (Echelon)"There are many ways," replied Echelon, "some safer than others. For example, you could go and find him yourself. But one does not simply walk into Mangaia. Or, on the other hand, you could wait for him to come to you. But that could take forever."He turned back to face the Matoran."Or you could find one of his more favoured servants, who receive instructions from the Master of Shadows himself. Someone like Heuani, or Vidar, or Ronkshou."Echelon smiled, a smile as sharp as ice."Or me."

OOC: Couldn't resist XDIC (Echelon)"Me?" said Echelon. "That is not what I meant. I mean that there is a considerable probability that Makuta will have a task for me soon. And he may deliver it in person. If you are present, he may grant you your own mission. Do you understand?"

IC (Echelon)"That is my advice," Echelon said. "Come. We should leave this place now. It is too...open. And there is work to be done."Echelon began to walk, in a new direction this time, his undead following him. He was heading for his personal lair and base of operations, carved into a remote corner of one of Ko-Wahi's eastern glaciers. After about an hour's silent walking, they reached the entrance. Under a slight overhang, a nondescript slab-like door of metal lay half-buried in snow, heading diagonally down into the glacier. Echelon waved a hand, and the heavy door slid open. He went inside, into the tunnel.

IC (Echelon)"This?" Echelon replied. "This is home."As the Necromancer strode through the tunnel, carved through the ice and lined with metal, more slab-like doors slid into the walls as they passed with magnetic hums. Eventually they reached a larger door, which slid open to reveal a round chamber. The walls were made from smooth metal and lined with heatstones, which provided a warmth in contrast to the chill of the bare ice tunnels.In the centre of the room was a raised metal platform, circular, and with words carved on it in a language Xerov didn't know. More doors led off the chamber in several directions."Hmm..." Echelon mused. "I may have a use for you after all. What is your name, Matoran?"

IC:AnktAnkt grabbed a drink from a server who was bringing them a drink and drunk it with one large sip. He threw the mug at the ground and said in a loud booming voice, "ANOTHER!" He then sat down and turned to Verak. "You know, I've always wanted to do that..."

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC: Xerov"Xerov." My eyes are drawn to the platform. What do those mean? What are they? And, who is this guy? He's told me the names of other servants of Makuta, but not his own... and what 'use' is he talking about?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Wraith - Cave, Ko-Wahi -Wraith shook Seven with his good arm, trying to wake her, after a minute of trying he stopped. He decided he'd have to carry her out of her, the storm had died down and if they didn't get out of here they'd both die. With one bandaged arm carrying Seven was going to prove difficult. But Wraith could deal with difficult. With his one good arm, he lifted Seven and slung her over his shoulder, and then began to march out of the cave, he then began heading toward Kini-Nui, he didn't know what he could do to help Seven but if there was something it was at Kini-Nui...IC: Bruntoa - Ko-Wahi -Bruntoa stroked his chin. "Yes, we have to find one....but where? We also need to get some Takea Sharks....maybe Ga-koro is our best bet..."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Echelon)"Well, Xerov," replied Echelon. "Follow me."Echelon moved off through one of the doors."I suppose an introduction is in order. My name is Echelon. I am what most refer to as a Dark Toa. Two months ago, I was rising through the ranks of Makuta's most favoured servants. I worked directly with Vidar to eliminate the first two members of the Chronicler's Company."They entered what might pass for a living area. It contained a desk or workbench, a few cabinets containing odd artifacts, and other items of furniture. Bookshelves lined two walls.Echelon tapped one of the glass-fronted cabinets. Inside, a lime-green Kanohi was mounted on a metal stand."Tamaru's mask, if you need proof."He turned back to face Xerov."Unfortunately, I then found myself in combat with a certain Toa of Fire named Merror."Echelon's eyes flashed."That Toa is more trouble than he's worth. We fought for hours until I cornered him inside an ice cave. But while I was preparing to finish him, he absorbed all the heat in the cave, freezing me solid. I was trapped there for two whole months. It was only when two Ko-Matoran stumbled across me that I was able to escape."

IC: Xerov"So, I assume you want revenge?" Tamaru's mask, eh? That's interesting... I remember hearing about the Chronicler's Company disappearing, and now I'm talking to one of the people behind it.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC (Echelon)"Oh, revenge is certainly on the agenda," Echelon said. "Best served cold. But while I was stuck in that ice, as my bodily processes slowed down, I had lots of time to think. Time to think about what this island needs. What Makuta needs."Echelon opened the cabinet, and took out the mask. He placed it in a pouch at his waist, then turned back to Xerov."Makuta's followers are divided. Disparate. Like this, we will never dominate Mata Nui. But if we were united..."Echelon's red eyes burned into Xerov's."If I can bring the people of Makuta together, join them as one force, Mata Nui would be ours. Unfortunately, I am a little behind on recent history. If you accompany me, and give me your knowledge of recent events, it could be very...useful."

ICVerak shrugged, "Sort of, brother. No, it's by Lake Pala, far east of the village. That's where Madrihk is. What's where we are headed." he took another long sip of ale and leaned back in his chair, placing his feet on the table.A waiter shot him a nasty look, but continued cleaning up the broken glass.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Xerov"I will accompany you, and do as much as I can to bring you up-to-date." I agree. This was unexpected. Somehow, I'm about to become a part of a plot to bring all of Makuta's followers together. And y'know what? I like this. There's a little part inside me screaming, likely the same part that told me to follow Joske's advice, but I know that this is what I have to do. Besides, if I hadn't chosen this path, I'd be dead. This way, I'll have an effect, I'll be remembered...

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC (Echelon)"Excellent," said Echelon.He turned, and returned to the central chamber. From there, he entered another room, rather longer and more sinister than the first. One long wall had no metal cladding - it was bare to the glacial ice. There were no heatstones in this room, but it was more than the cold that would send a chill up the spine of Xerov.The ice-wall had many niches carved into it. Some were empty, but most were not.They contained beings of many different species: Matoran, Toa, Turaga, Skakdi, Vortixx, Lesterin, and many more besides - and a good number of Rahi. All were coated in frost, and all were clearly dead. Echelon appeared to consider for a moment, then the two Ko-Matoran went and stood in two of the empty niches. Once inside, they lay unmoving. Echelon appeared to shift his concentration, and a Skakdi and a Toa rose from their niches and walked, slowly, towards Echelon and Xerov. Passing them, they approached a large rack of weapons. The Toa picked up a longsword, and the Skakdi a huge battleaxe."Not subtle, I grant you," Echelon said. "But we must be prepared for...resistance."He looked down at Xerov."What do you think of my collection?" he asked.

IC (Echelon)Of course, Echelon knew what Xerov was really thinking."I keep them here because the cold preserves them," he said. "Keeps them fresh."The necromancer turned and went back up the stairs to the central room, the two undead following."It's time we were going, Xerov. There is much to do."With that, the door slid open, and Echelon walked through, back up to the world above.

OOC: I hope you don't mind if I disagree with you on that. :PIC: Xerov"No, although I have heard word of a shrine here in Ko-Wahi, near the border between Ko and Ga. If I were you, I'd probably start there -- even if there aren't many followers of Makuta to be found, they'll surely have news." I suggest.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

OOC: Actually, I do :P Depends on your definition of sane, really. If by sane you mean normal, he definitely isn't. But he's not the crazy-insane.IC (Echelon)"A reasonable suggestion," Echelon replied as they walked through the final door and out into the snow and wind. "Let us be off."

After a considerable trek, they neared the Ga-Kor border. Echelon spotted what was presumably the shrine, and headed for it, Xerov and the two undead following close behind. His black robes rippled behind him as he strode purposefully towards the small building.