Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Zauk
IC: NaruThe Toa of Plasma chucked a plasma bolt into the mountain side, causing it to sizzle on the surface but otherwise not doing much."Another dead end," she hissed. "Couldn't find the Turaga, couldn't find a Toa, couldn't find some morons hanging up posters."She leaned against the rock wall, silent for a second before she recalled something. "Of course, this guy changed the poster. Maybe the actual group is still at Tren Krom Break... But maybe not."Naru tapped the side of her mask while pondering the situation. "What do you think of all this?" she asked. "Do you think there's any point in what I'm trying to do? Running around doing hero stuff, I mean."

IC: Naru
IC: ZaukThe Toa of Lightning looked out over the view, which was quite a lot considering they were high up on the mountain. "Well," Zauk said, looking back at Naru. "I think there's a point. Its what we're supposed to do, right, as Toa. It may not be working all the time, but atleast you're trying.""But I suppose its what you think, though," he added, releasing the energies holding the clump of snow up.OOC: Sudden urge to have Muaka attack. :P Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: (Aryll/Near Place of Shadows)Aryll sent a surge of energy into his gauntlets. The small cracking of electricity, the power coursing through them, it seemed almost comforting. In his head, his thoughts began to race. Would the Hapaka kill the Matoran? Would they be far more of a challenge to them then expected? Aryll hoped that they wouldn't, as the ILS didn't need any more members killed.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

ICVerak nodded. "Nothin' gets the adrenaline pumpin' the same way, does it now? I mean, that rush, the fast past movement with no time for anything but yer reactions..." he took a breath of the frigid air. He then, suddenly, tipped his cap low over his eyes as they passed a Sanctum guard rushing down the street. Once the Matoran was out of sight, Verak resumed his normal swagger and confidence.

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: The HunterThe Hunter walked a lonely path at night. He was cold, and tired. Then, he came to a mountain, and walked up it. He walked up, until he reached an icy plateau. He saw a an arrangement of stones. A black stone was in the center, surrounded by numerous smaller stones. Then off to the side, there were six stones of similar size and shape. Five were together; one stood alone. The Hunter touched the stone and triggered his mask. In his minds eye, he could see another being, black like him, tall and proud, come up the mountain the same way he did. The black entity then came to this same spot, and was the one who slid aside the stone. "The stones represent the Mata," he thought. "Five together; one alone..." He then trudged up the mountain. When he came to the summit, he saw a toa shaped imprint in the snow. He touched it, and saw the same black being, lying in the snow. The being was blacker than the night, sleek, and fluid. On his face, he wore a strange mask; a mask that he didn't recognize. "This was curious," he thought as he descended down the mountain.

IC:Ankt"Something out of you? Nah." Ankt replied, watching as Verak hid his face as another Sanctum Guard passed. "I just figured I'd hang with you." It wasn't really a veiled question, it was more of a blunt statement.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

IC"No reason. Just wonderin' about such a powerful individual." Verak lied. He wasn't about to share his profits with Ankt. He felt like getting rich.He ducked his head as another Ko-Matoran ran by, and then glanced around. "Let's come on in here, brother." Verak said, turning into a large hut made of ice covered brick. It was very lodge-esque, with a roaring fireplace and lots of tables made from interesting logs. He sat down at one.

Edited by Visaru

IC:Ankt"True. Can't say I haven't thought about challenging him." Ankt said, following Verak into the bar. "'Course, him and his army would most likely break the rules of engagement and all just swarm me at once." He spat out the door and into the snow. "Dishonorable that lot."

The hunter was quite intrigued. The toa there was like none he had ever seen before. Most toa of each element tended to have common traits, but this one was more unique, almost as if his body exuded... shadow... "Shadow isn't a naturally occurring element in toa," thought The Hunter. "There are only fifteen tribes... That must mean that this toa has been corrupted by the makuta... He should no something about the rahi attacks; I've had my hands full with them..." Grimly, he descended the mountain. He decided to go to Le-Koro and try his luck there; after all, it was more populated.OOC: The Hunter to Le-wahi

IC:Ankt"Well..." Ankt thought back a bit. "I did hear something about a guy who looked just like him killing somebody. Or something like that." He thought a little bit more. "Uh... He's a Toa of Ice, likes to have his quiet time..."

ICVerak slowly nodded, staring blankly into the strange patterns of the wooden table. He sighed. "Why do we live?" he asked Ankt. "It's a good question, right? What does life offer, but pain, distress, and injustice? Why not just... sleep. Who knows what happens when we die? Maybe it’s a better life. A nicer world." he looked up at the toa.

IC: Where am I...?---I sit up. It's dark. I peer into the distance, but there's nothing but blackness in any direction. All I can see is myself, my features faintly lit by the warm glow of my eyes and heartlight. I try to think back - the Sanctum, the mysterious Matoran...---A faint noise behind me pulls me back to the present. I turn, decidedly unsure what to expect. At first, there's nothing. But soon I can make out a dim figure standing before me, about my height. Another Matoran, then. Like mine, his eyes and heartlight glow a faint green.---"Who are you?" I demand. "And where am I?"---"Where are you?" the figure replies, sounding faintly amused. His voice sounds vaguely familiar, though I can't place it. Probably just a generic voice I'd associate with any Le-Matoran. "I think it's fairly sure-obvious. You're sleep-resting in your tent on the foothill-slopes of some spirit-forsaken mountain in Ko-Wahi."---"So this is a dream, then," I cut in.---"I guess-suppose you could call it that."---"Not like any dream I've ever had before," I mutter.---The figure shrugs. "No, not exactly."---We stand in silence for a few moments.---The figure speaks up. "Something is bothering you, Lekua."---I have no reservations in telling him. After all, this is happening in my head, right?---"Stannis," I tell him. "Aurax and Lepidran, too, but mainly Stannis. Who is he to decide whether we can continue on our journey? He claims we still have a purpose, yet claims also he doesn't know what it is. Doesn't even give a word of advice as to what we should do!" The anger that's been building within me spills over, exploding from the deepest parts of myself where I'd held it for so long. "But since I have no other path to follow, I'll simply follow them. Owning a bird has its advantages."---The figure is calm, seemingly unaffected by my outburst. "And you believe-assume your friends will not worry-bother about accounting for unwanted followers?"---His question catches me off-guard. I am silent as I try to conjure a response.---"They've already left-gone, Lekua, quick-vanished while you slept. Your bird will not come-arrive 'til dawn-morning. By then, it will be too late."---"What?" I sputter. "Why? They wouldn't-" But I know he's right. There's nothing I can do.---"Stannis spoke-told the truth - you still have a purpose. Would you rather discover-find it or live-hide in the past?"---"I...well, when you put it that way..." My voice trails off.---"Trust the Virtues, Lekua. Trust yourself."---The figure fades and is gone.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC:AnktSuddenly Verak got all deep and physiological. "Whoa, where did that question come from?" Ankt asked. "I aint no deep thinker." He lowered his tone, and thought about the question for a moment. "Well, I guess we live through the hard times so that the good times feel all that much better." Ankt said, thinking as hard as he could.(Which wasn't very hard at all.) "Sorta like when you win a fight that you've been fighting a long time. Sure you're battered and bruised. Yeah you've broken a rib or two. But all those things make the sweet taste of victory all that much better." He paused for a moment. "You kinda get what I'm talking about Brother?"

IC Verak raised his head. "Yes, but the good times seem just to be here to make the bad times feel worse." Verak was a little bit shocked by his own mood swing, from curious to almost suicidal. "There are few good things in life." He stared past Ankt into the flickering fireplace."So." He took a breath, banishing his philosophical thoughts. "I lied. I was offered a thousand widgets to kill Madrihk, and a partner would be welcome." He was also shocked by the words coming out of his mouth. He had thought he was going to get rid of Ankt. Just moments ago Verak had wanted to do it himself, thought the opposite of that thought. Why was he wanting to split his money now? Maybe, he mused, it was that he had just realized this new toa had a clean, simple mind. Everything was a fist fight to this guy, even questions on the meaning of life. And maybe, Verak decided, he didn't need any widgets at all.That thought disturbed the toa, and he stops over-analyzing his actions. Just live life to the fullest, he told himself. Stop being deep. That's when things get sad. Just do whatever you're instinct tells you to. Verak emblazoned those last words into his mind as he continued his conversation with Ankt. Just do whatever you want.

IC:AnktAnkt didn't really seemed shocked by the revelation that Verak was offered one thousand widgets to kill one Toa. "A thousand widgets eh?" He paused for a moment. "Exactly how much is that worth nowadays? The value of widgets seems to have fluctuated quite a bit recently." He laughed. "But I'd love to help you! How about we have a drink to celebrate this partnership?" He might've forgotten to tell Verak that he had no use for widgets, and that Verak could have them all to himself...

IC:The unlike duo of Rewera and Ravage had been walking steadily through the snow of Ko-Wahi for several hours since their early breakfast that morning and by now the sun was nearing its highest point of the day. Rewera was glad to be on the move again, despite the macabre piece of luggage she was carrying on her back. But leaving the damage in Ko-Koro behind felt somehow better. The Matoran would rebuild, as they always did. She was of no use as a carpenter. And there was still a murderer on the loose.They crossed the snowy drifts on the flnaks of Mt. Ihu, until eventually the came to the great wall of ice, the harsh border between the mountains of Ko-Wahi and the jungle of Le-Koro. A narrow, winding path had been hewn into its face and would lead them down into the thick of the forest. Nodding at Ravage, Rewera began to follow the downward slope.OOC: Rewera and Ravage to Le-Wahi. I guess.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

ICOut in the Ko-Wahi wastes, two Matoran tramped through the snow. They were Ko-Matoran, scouts of the Arctic Watch."We'd best find some shelter soon, Haal," said one. "I don't think we can go on much further without a rest.""Not to mention that blizzards are common at this time of year," replied Haal. "Let's go somewhere less exposed."After trudging on for a while, Haal spotted something."Kozen, look."He pointed to a hole in the snow. It looked as though it led into an ice cave. The two Matoran clambered up to it, and walked in, glad to be out of the freezing wind. The hole opened into a small ice cave, tall enough for a Vortixx to stand upright inside. At one wall of the cave, a strange sight met their eyes."What is that...?" muttered Kozen.It was a statue of ice. It was crafted from opaque ice, that had crystallised to mattness, and depicted a tall being. Its armour was spiked in places; its mask was malevolently shaped; its fingers were sharp-tipped. In its right hand it held a long staff, tipped with three tines; its left was held back. Its posture was staggered, as though it was assaulted by some unseen force or foe."Probably some crazy sculptor's idea of art," remarked Haal."I don't like the look of it..." said Kozen warily."Ahh, get over yourself," Haal replied. "It's just a statue. And we'll be gone before you know it anyway."He slung his pack onto the floor."Come on. Let's set up camp."The two Matoran began to remove food, tools and a heatstone from their packs. While Kozen closed up the cave entrance with snow, Haal tossed the heatstone into the floor. It landed in the snow near the statue's left hand.The Matoran settled down, and began to talk about their day's work so far. These two were unusual among Ko-Matoran, in that they actually spoke a lot. They talked about the weather they'd encountered, the Makuta's latest attacks...As they discussed a Muaka they'd narrowly evaded earlier, a single drip of water collected at the tip of one of the statue's fingers. It fell onto the heatstone and evaporated."Lucky escape, that was," said Haal. "The big brute nearly had my head off with his cl- ""Did that thing just move?" interrupted Kozen.Haal turned to look at the statue."Nahhh," he said. "It's probably just the light..."His voice trailed off as he looked at the statue's hand. Instead of melting away from its proximity to the heatstone, the entire hand was now black and very solid-looking. Even as they watched, the blackness began to spread up its arm. The ice wasn't melting away. It was melting off something underneath.The hand twitched. There was a metallic hum. The hand clenched. Haal and Kozen's hands suddenly shot to their throats as they simultaneously felt an invisible force clamp around their necks. Unable to breathe, the Matoran still looked up in horror at the statue.The arm moved, shattering the remaining ice on it and revealing an ornamental Kanohi Kraahkan on the shoulderplate. Shards splintered off and fell to the floor as the legs flexed. A red glow burst into life in the mask's frozen eyeholes.The malevolent head bent to look down at the two cowering Ko-Matoran, as the left arm bent and ice showered off it. Black robes bcame visible on the being's torso as more ice melted, and the Dark Toa took a step forwards.Haal slowly went limp. Kozen felt the force leave his throat, but instead he found himself hurled and pressed against the cave wall as the Toa advanced on him. A Kanohi Tryna appeared right next to Kozen's mask, red eyes boring into the Matoran's own. A voice spoke slowly and calmly, but was all the more terrifying for it:"Where is Merror?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: The PredatorThe Predator walked along the snowdrifts of Ko-Wahi. She then noticed a roar behind her. A muaka had noticed her and was charging for her. She hurled her atatl, but it missed. Snarling, she whipped out her twin knives and attacked. She tackled the muaka, rolled onto the ground and managed to get on top of the Muaka. She tried to stab the beast, but her moment of letting go cost her. The Muaka pushed, and she was the one on the bottom. It would have been the end for her, however...IC: The MarksmanAn arrow shot into the Muaka's heart, killing it instantly. "A clean kill," said the Toa of Sonics who walked up to his teammate, helping her up. "Enough food for tonight, and for the rest of the week," he said. Then he noticed something. A black Hau was attached to the tiger's shoulder. "I think you should inspect this," he said.IC: The PredatorThe Predator walked up to the beast and put her hand on the mask. "It's nothing special," she said. "We see these all the time." But haven't you taken notice?" replied The Marksman. "I mean, it's the same being behind the mask everytime." "Well, don't tangle with him," The Predator replied. "You've seen what he's done to our brothers." The Marksman shivered, remembering when they had stumbled upon the remains of their strongest brother, known simply as THE Hunter because of his skills (OOC: I realize that I didn't put it in them going to Pala-Koro, but whatevs). "Stick to rahi," The Predator continued. "Yeah, stick to rahi..." The Marksman replied, though in his heart he was saying the exact opposite...The two of them dragged the muaka back to the campsite. After cooking it and eating it, they put the leftovers in their "refrigerator" cave, they went to bed in their tent. When the dawn came, they would go back to their routine and continue to hunt the savage beasts that roamed the island...

OOC: Constructman, just another small tip: It'd be easier to follow your character's doings (and connect them to other things) if you didn't skip all around the place. Such as discovering The Hunter at Lake Pala, that would take at least a few posts IC, I believe. Instead of having your characters magically know, you could make them ask around a bit (he did visit Le-Koro as well) and find out about him a bit later. That way, you could also have a bunch of interaction wih other players on the way that might be inclined to help them look for him, helping to weave everything together into the big scope of the RPG instead of just smaller, individual stories. :)

IC: ZaukOOC: Sudden urge to have Muaka attack. :P
OOC: Hah. :P If we weren't so close to other things that are happening I'd throw it in, but a Muaka would disturb the ILS/SH meeting. Speaking of which... it appears to be at a stand-still again, but the ILS is making their move, so we are waiting for AuRon again since he leads the other group.IC: Naru"What I think is that I need something to hurt," Naru muttered. Killing might not be according to the Toa Code, but a good old-fashioned fight - preferably one where the odds were in her favor - wasn't something she would turn down.

IC (Echelon)In a few minutes, Echelon had learned all he needed from the Ko-Matoran. The deaths of the Company, the Turaga and the Parakuka, the appearance of a new Dark Toa... Kozen was so terrified that the Necromancer didn't even have to torture him. Two months of being encased in ice had done nothing to lessen his powers, nor his sinister appearance. But the Matoran knew nothing of Merror's whereabouts."P-please! I've told you everything I know!" the Matoran whimpered."Then it seems I no longer need you," Echelon replied, and let the Matoran drop. He began to walk towards the cave's entrance, then paused. He turned."Well...not alive, anyway."Raising a hand, he returned the magnetic chokehold to Kozen's throat. The Matoran writhed for a short while, screaming noiselessly, before falling motionless.Echelon turned back to the mouth of the cave. Almost noiselessly, the two Matoran rose from where they lay and followed him, their eyes empty and dead.

Echelon and his new Undead emerged from the cave. With a flick of his wrist, Echelon cast away the heatstone he had been manipulating to melt the snow on the entrance. He began to stride purposefully through the wastes, the dead Ko-Matoran in his wake.There was much to do.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: XerovKo-Wahi. Not my smartest move.So, Ga-Wahi is perfect. You can't get better than Ga-Wahi. Ko-Wahi is cold, and inhospitable, and has a creepy guy over--Okay, that guy? He doesn't look nice. Well, that's a bit of an understatement. What's the word I'm searching for? Malevolent. This guy looks malevolent. Um... there's a rock. I'll hide behind this rock. Who're those people behind him? They look dead. Okay, hiding behind the rock, hoping he doesn't notice me. Well, it's a grey rock, with a blue Matoran behind it, on a white background, that hope is just stupid. I'll hope he's blind, same difference.OOC: Feel free to have Echelon notice him, GH. :evilgrin:

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Naru"What I think is that I need something to hurt," Naru muttered. Killing might not be according to the Toa Code, but a good old-fashioned fight - preferably one where the odds were in her favor - wasn't something she would turn down.
IC: ZaukUnconsciously, Zauk took a scoot away from Naru. If she wanted to hurt something, fine, but he didn't want to be in the line of fire. Or Plasma, to be specific. "Yeeah," Zauk said, "Dunno how to help you there, unless you want to go looking for some Muaka again."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: The PredatorThe Predator woke up. She looked over at The Marksman who was still sleeping. Hastily, she wrote a note saying Going out. Will be back soon. She left the campsite and started down the same path The Hunter had started down not long before. She came to the same place her brother had not long before. She picked up the rock that stood aside from the other 5. Images flashed through her mind of both her brother and his murderer visiting this site. She came to the same conclusion The Hunter did; that the toa was a toa of shadow and that he was somehow related to the Mata. She went back down the mountain.When she returned to the campsite, she saw that The Marksman had cooked breakfast for her. Smiling, she went over to him and started eating. "How many days until we need another kill?" she asked. "Probably 4 at the least," The Marksman said. After they had finished eating, they began to work on making tools out of the bones and armor of the creature. Nothing should go to waste...OOC: If you want muaka, just go to the snowdrifts like this happy couple are doing.

Edited by Constructman

IC (Echelon)Echelon immediately spotted the flash of blue as a Matoran disappeared behind a rock. The corner of his mouth curled upwards. Echelon knew when he was being hidden from.He stopped. One of the undead Ko-Matoran continued, until it came around the side of the rock. It stopped, its empty eyes staring at Xerov.

IC: XerovOkay, dead-looking Matoran. In fact, if he wasn't moving I'd say he was dead.Wait... Toa with Dead-Looking Matoran... possible Tryna in use?Alright, this guy knows I'm here, and he won't hesitate to kill me. I walk out from behind the rock, my hands in the air.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC (Echelon)"Interesting," said Echelon. A magnetic force clamped onto Xerov and pulled him rapidly through the air to stop suddenly, a metre in front of the Necromancer. "Giving up already? People rarely surrender, in my experience. Especially when they're not even being attacked...yet."