How Come The Good Guys Always Win?

How many series can you validly, in all truth, say that the Bad-Guy took over the Universe? Bionicle is one of the few that exist that allowed the evil to win.Star Wars- The PurgeBionicle- The Death of Mata NuiAvatar (JC)- Destruction of the Soul Treethe bad guys some times win, but in the endThe good guys often win for the simple fact they are supposed to.

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

Right, in fact Teridax planned for most of his defeats, knowing that with each lose he would get closer to his real goal. So in truth the heroes rarely ever "won, " they just though they had.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Because they're destined to. BTW, let's not forget what happened at the end of 2008: Teridax won overall by taking over the universe.

This. Also, if you think about it, the Toa do not win as often as you think. A few examples: -Lesovivik's entire team were killed in a battle against Zyglak. Only Lesovivik survived.-All the Toa who guarded the fortress with the Makoki Stone were killed, with the exception of Lhikan (who was later killed by Teridax)-When the Toa Hagah rebelled, all of the teams were either killed or corrupted, with the exception of Teridax's Toa Hagah team.-All the Toa Mangai were killed, except Lhikan, Nidhiki, and Tuyet, were killed by Dark Hunters. Nidhiki and Lihikan were later killed by Teridax.-Lariska killed a Toa of Sonics before.-Hakann and Avak had killed a Toa before.-Most of the Alternate Shadow Takanuva's were killed when the Order of Mata Nui attacked Destral.-Nektann killed three Toa in the Battle of Bara Magna. Also, the Toa never really won against the Brotherhood of Makuta. Sure, there were minor wins, but the Toa never won a decisive victory. They never really seriously threatened the Brotherhood of Makuta. In fact, it wasn't even Toa who took down the Brotherhood; it was the Order of Mata Nui. The Brotherhood's defeat in that war was its first and last major loss. Teridax was only set back by Toa twice: When the Toa Hagah rebelled and fough him, and when the Toa Metru imprisoned him. By defeating Roodaka, Vakama freed Teridax. When the Toa Mata defeated the Rahi and Bohrok, it was just meant test them and then delay them. Takanuva never defeated Teridax, in a sense. Teridax let the Matoran go back to Metru Nui. Also, everything to Toa did in the Ignition saga (2006-2008) was exactly what Teridax wanted. He even allied with Mataro at one point. The great irony is that by achieving their destiny, the Toa doomed their universe despite Krika' efforts to stop it. And they really did doom it, because the Matoran Universe eventually died with Teridax. Even the Order of Mata Nui's victory in crushing the Brotherhood was an advantage for Teridax, since his competition was eliminated for him. Mata Nui was the one who bought Teridax down in the end , although he did have help from Tahu. Toa have been killed all over the place in BIONICLE. Some of them became corrupted, and some didn't even follow the Toa Code. The point is, organizations like the Dark Hunters and the Brotherhood of Makuta have defeated Toa much more than the Toa had ever defeated them. Ironic, as many of the Toa's"victories" were fixed. Don't forget that there are now less than 50 Toa in existence. Edited by toa kopaka4372

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Well there are exceptionS to the many wins of evil, for instance new character Zaria actually killed a Makuta once. You may think that as only two Makuta are left that is nothing, but remember that all other known Makuta deaths were either by the Karda-Nui storms(6) fellow Makuta(7), Order of Mata-Nui(2), or being crushed by a moon(much like Chewbacca). So I would consider Zaria's victory, while overall small compared with Teridax's true plan, to be a small win. His people were actually hunted down because Toa of Iron had the potential to kill Makuta, they won't want him around. So his very existence is a victory. But pretty much everything was according to Makuta's plan.

Edited by Tanma

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

But pretty much everything was according to Makuta's plan.

except the whole"getting crushed by the moon" part

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

But pretty much everything was according to Makuta's plan.

except the whole"getting crushed by the moon" part
True enough. Though his plan had already succeeded, and he might not have planned too far beyond that. When you be ome a physical god, you don't usually have to worry about dangers. Once the plan ended he might not have excepted that anything could harm him, so he didn't plan ahead. At that point he was free styling.

Oh, please. Think about Hero Factory. Every time the heroes get their butts kicked, they get new armor, equipment, weapons, etc, or just get upgraded every few weeks. In Bionicle, the heroes didn't always win, and when they did, they just fell into Makuta's trap. It took Mata Nui to win.

As noted above, the good guys haven't always won, or at the very least never had a decisive victory. If you mean the ending, I appreciate works that are dark enough to pull off the villain winning (if done well), but do keep in mind this is a children's toyline.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Ok, how about this? 6 canisters wash ashore on the tropical island of Mata Nui. They ventured forth, until meeting the leaders of six villages. The Turaga sent them on a quest to find the masks of power. But Kopaka was crushed by an avalanche, Gali was killed by a Tarakava, Tahu got bitten to death by a bunch of fikou, Pohatu got eaten by a Muaka, Onua fell off a cliff, and Lewa was carried off by a Rama swarm. Yaaaaay! Well, at least this 6-month toyline wasn't childish. The Toa win, it gets boring. The bad guys win, and the story ends. I think having neither side really win was a good idea that really kept the story going. Think about Star Wars. The sith were defeated when the first dark Jedi left the order, but they were killed in a few days. Then there would be no story. Harry Potter, Lilly and James Potter kill Voldemort. No story. The Toa never completely won. Mata Nui killed Teridax, but now the great beings and Kestora are after them. Nobody has really won in Bionicle. Not in a way that matters.

Edited by Zarohum

I think BIONICLE did one of the best jobs of balancing the amount of victories on each side. In retrospect, like people said earlier, most of Makuta's losses were part of his ultimate plan and did bring him one step closer each time. And would you have rather they ended the series with all the good characters dying and Makuta reigning over Spherus Magna? I think not. -SK

Makuta Teridax says hi: :evilgrin: So do the Piraka, pre-Inika. They. BEAT. The Toa Nuva. In what could pretty much be considered a complete curb-stomp. They only lost to the Inika because they weren't expecting them. Also, the Skrall won at the Battle of Atero, and the Bohrok-Kal also defeated the Nuva, multiple times. Sure, the good guys won overall, but then again, would the story ending with Makuta conquering Spherus Magna and killing Mata Nui really have been a better ending? Yeah, the good guys won in the end, but it wasn't like they won every battle and every conflict they faced. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

There were over 200 Toa at one time, so to be decreased to 50 or so Toa is not really a setback. :P The good and evil always had victories on their side.

I thought there were over 3,000 Toa in existence at one point! Back in those days, 300 Toa participated in one battle alone in the Toa/Dark Hunter War!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Good guys win because that's the way it works, even in reality. Good guys will always outnumber the bad guys, therefore they always win. However, we did get a glimpse of what life would be like if evil had won (when Teridax completed his plan), and it was pretty cool. I guess you could say they win the battles, but they lose the war. :P

Edited by Triggons
oniban.png

Makuta Teridax says hi: :evilgrin: So do the Piraka, pre-Inika. They. BEAT. The Toa Nuva. In what could pretty much be considered a complete curb-stomp. They only lost to the Inika because they weren't expecting them. Also, the Skrall won at the Battle of Atero, and the Bohrok-Kal also defeated the Nuva, multiple times. Sure, the good guys won overall, but then again, would the story ending with Makuta conquering Spherus Magna and killing Mata Nui really have been a better ending? Yeah, the good guys won in the end, but it wasn't like they won every battle and every conflict they faced. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

It gets worse, not only did the Toa Nuva lose to the Piraka, they also fought a bunch of poorly repaired Matoran to a standstill. There were less Matoran than Toa Nuva, and it still was a tie. Not to mention that Dalu actually turned Gali insane. Gali, insane. The Toa Nuva only survived because Balta and Onua got the two sides to stop fighting. Sure, the Toa Nuva can take down hordes of Shadow Matoran and eight Makuta with only Takanuva, three Av-Matoran, and a mask as back up, but a bunch of Matoran can take them down. Adaptive Armor can't make that much of a difference.

Really, bitten to death by some fikou? Honestly, even with Teridax controlling them Fikou? Tahu?

I seriously question your relevance.I'd actually like it if the Makuta killed most of the Toa. XD I like Makuta MUCH more than these 'Knights of the round table' fighting for Mata Nui.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.