Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

No, it's not. The force you are exerting on the rock is being cancelled by the fact that you're standing on the rock. It's like the analogy of a person with his feet on a door as he tries to pull the door open: The forces cancel out and the object doesn't move.

The toa would still be using his power on the board to raise it up with the toa on it, cancelling the power out. Certain elementalists can use magnetism on themselves for limited flight (Echelon is an an example), but that renders it pointless for a board which wouldn't work anyway.

The toa would still be using his power on the board to raise it up with the toa on it, cancelling the power out. Certain elementalists can use magnetism on themselves for limited flight (Echelon is an an example), but that renders it pointless for a board which wouldn't work anyway.

Really? That seems a bit weird. I mean, Magnetism created by the Toa would be an external force.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

@MisterGryphon, Head over to the BZPRPG Profile Pages thread. The first post gives you a guide, and then a 'sheet' which you can either use, or create your own one from. Then, just post the 'sheet' onto the thread, and you can start!

Always nice to have more players.

(Xbox 360 is still better though)

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Toa of Magnetism, just like Gravity, have elemental powers that allow them limited flight. This is because it is an external force indirectly acting upon the user. In the case of magnetism, the user would simply have to create a magnetic field, thus pulling anything metal (their armor) towards (or along) it. Just as they use magnetism to move metal around. They aren't moving the metal itself, but are moving something that effects the metal. Using it on a board that one stands on is just redundant and pointless.

Same goes with gravity.

Flight would not be possible with Iron or other elements because of the "both feet on door" situation.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Toa of Magnetism, just like Gravity, have elemental powers that allow them limited flight. This is because it is an external force indirectly acting upon the user. In the case of magnetism, the user would simply have to create a magnetic field, thus pulling anything metal (their armor) towards (or along) it. Just as they use magnetism to move metal around. They aren't moving the metal itself, but are moving something that effects the metal. Using it on a board that one stands on is just redundant and pointless.

Same goes with gravity.

Flight would not be possible with Iron or other elements because of the "both feet on door" situation.

Well, don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing.

We still have the Lhikan -fire-sword-flight-board thing.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Well, don't know if you're agreeing or disagreeing.

We still have the Lhikan -fire-sword-flight-board thing.

---

Flight was a power of the board itself, not his elemental power.

I absolutely disagree with using magnetism to fly. It's overpowered and cheap, even when Echelon did it.

---

Using magnetism to fly is perfectly logical (and cool, imho). I'd even ask why you think it is overpowered.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Because magnetism doesn't work like regular iron manipulation. Magnetism is either a push or pull. Repelling off of dirt or rock is entirely impossible. You can't do that with a magnet, can you?I've seen it explained as "Oh, I'm repelling off of the iron deep in the earth!"Yeah, that's so deep, you'd have to be below sea level to even know its there. Recognizing its existence, using it to fly consistently, and somehow not staggering at every turn is overpowered and very unrealistic.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Because magnetism doesn't work like regular iron manipulation. Magnetism is either a push or pull. Repelling off of dirt or rock is entirely impossible. You can't do that with a magnet, can you?I've seen it explained as "Oh, I'm repelling off of the iron deep in the earth!"Yeah, that's so deep, you'd have to be below sea level to even know its there. Recognizing its existence, using it to fly consistently, and somehow not staggering at every turn is overpowered and very unrealistic.

A way to work around this would be to stand on your sword/shield/staff/whatever and use that to repel yourself off. And when people use magnetism to fly, I think it's more like dangling off of a string than being pushed off of the ground. Toa of Magnetism don't need existing iron to push/pull off of.

Edited by Constructman

Hello....how would I got about starting my character? Is there a sheet I should fill out or something to have a character? I'd like to join BZRPG but I'm not sure what to do first. :)

Welcome to the BZPRPG, first off you have Haruhi as your avatar that's awesome. Now if you want to join read the rules, then head over to the profile page, there you'll find everything you need for making a character. If you have anymore questions feel free to drop me a PM. It's nice to see a new member join and we hope you have fun here.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

---

Who in the world would even think about using magnetism to fly by pushing off metal deep in the earth? A Toa of Magnetism would certainly not have to do this in order to fly. A simple enough magnetic field set up in the air would direct their armored bodies along with length, thus, flight.

Toa of Magnetism do not need to use metal to create their own element. A Toa of Lightning creating an electromagnetic field would need metal to channel electricity through in order to create it, but they are indirectly creating magnetism.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Constructman: A string attached to what, exactly?Gravity: I believe it was Ghosthands who came up with that. I don't remember well, it may have been JL.The problem with that is simple: keeping up a constant field. Breaking concentration would kill you, and keeping it up all the time with leave you unconscious.On top of that, think about this: You armor is actively working to get away from your non-metal parts. It would be pulling at your muscle tissues and causing all sorts of damage.

Edited by Relapse

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

On top of that, think about this: You armor is actively working to get away from your non-metal parts. It would be pulling at your muscle tissues and causing all sorts of damage.

Not if it's encasing you. In that case it's more like you're just inside a bag that's moving.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Greg F said Toa of Magnetism can fly.The end.

Might I remind the player populace that Greg F also said MU beings don't require conventional food, as opposed to the ruling in this game that MU denizens may consume as their players like. While I'm not taking either side here, I don't believe that this is canon. Canon powers have been banned or tweaked before. It's imprudent to assume that Word of Greg F equates to Word of Nuju. Admittedly, I see little reason for him to contradict that ruling in particular, but the fact is the answer isn't as simple as it seems regardless if he agrees or not. Edited by Norman Efiks

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

In the elemental power descriptions, both Gravity and Magnetism state that this power offers LIMITED flight due to the natural properties of that element (manipulating magnetic fields or by altering the gravitational pull on an object). However, as stated, it is limited and cumbersome, and anyone with a Masks of Flight could run circles around them.

That is the Official Bzprpg stance on the subject. Discussion done.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Constructman: A string attached to what, exactly?Gravity: I believe it was Ghosthands who came up with that. I don't remember well, it may have been JL.The problem with that is simple: keeping up a constant field. Breaking concentration would kill you, and keeping it up all the time with leave you unconscious.On top of that, think about this: You armor is actively working to get away from your non-metal parts. It would be pulling at your muscle tissues and causing all sorts of damage.

It was Tuck who said that (Electro)magnetic fields by Toa of Lightning need metal going through them.

Although, Electricity always comes with magnetism anyway.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013