Is Venon the BIONICLE Version of Deadpool?

I happen to notice a few similarities between the two characters (insanity, being extremely funny, etc.) So I'm wondering, is Vezon Greg F's attempt at doing Deadpool?

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

I've seen people say this about Vezon, and while I can't say for sure if Deadpool was exactly who he was going for (as I don't really read many comics), I can definitely say he was trying to make Vezon a zany, "random" character and ended up making him completely insufferable (which was only compounded by the fact he made up almost 50% of the serials).

• Upvote 1

Why do you think he's insufferable?

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.

4352268.jpg

The Joker? Really?

4352268.jpg

Well, I don't know who this Venon character is, but one BZPower member was said, in reference to Vezon, "He's Deadpool, 100% Deadpool."

So yes, the comparison between the two characters has been noted many times before, but I don't think that Greg intentional meant for Vezon to be a BIONICLE Deadpool. But, I suppose anything's possible.

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

Greg's a self-confessed Marvel fanboy, hence the superpowers and alternate universes, so it's not unreasonable to think Vezon is his "tip of the hat" to Deadpool.

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

From the little I know about Deadpool, and the decent amount I know about Vezon, I would say Vezon is definitely Deadpool, only without the healing factor and unlimited guns and ammo.

By the way Dorkpool, I love your signature!

Thanks, Biff

4352268.jpg

While Vezon does ramble on, it's only because he's insane. Deadpool uses his chitchat to distract enemies (and himself) and is generally really witty. And as mentioned above, Deadpool repeatedly breaks the fourth wall and is utterly aware that he doesn't exist.

• Upvote 1

From the little I know about Deadpool, and the decent amount I know about Vezon, I would say Vezon is definitely Deadpool, only without the healing factor and unlimited guns and ammo.

Vezon's lack of healing factor is made up for by his ridiculous plot armor.

• Upvote 3

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

• 2 weeks later...

I think Vezon is like Deadpool, Joker, and Gollum, too, but also the Ice King from Adventure Time TV series and Starscream from Transformers: Prime TV series, being evil and funny by saying and doing silly and comical things, like accidents.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I don't think there's really much similarity between the two characters. As was mentioned earlier, Deadpool is a lot more of a fourth wall breaker, aware of his own nature and actually very clever. Vezon has much less of a grasp on reality, and I think an obvious difference that's overlooked is that Vezon is a villain and very malicious, where as Deadpool is not. He's sometimes a pretty sympathetic character, too. The comparison to Gollum that some have suggested is more accurate in my opinion.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .