RPG: FTL

Alex Humva

IC: Souper Saladd

Giving a slight glare at the direction of more people arriving in the room, the slug's vision told them that it was just Ashley, so the angryness sort of faded. Taking the salmon off of the grill, xhe began to fillet it until it was no longer a solid piece of salmon flesh, repeating the action with the other slabs of salmon on the grill. As xhe prepared it, the slug looked over to Ashley and company, "I suppose you two...want some salmon? How would you like it, sandwich, burger, or specially seasoned and served to you? Or perhaps you just want it fried." xhe asked, going over the various choices.

Shrugging, the Slugperson did as she asked, taking a little bit of time to get it nice and seasoned after dipping it in the natural soy oil fryer. After no longer needing to prepare it, xhe put it on a plate with some fries and a thing of water and put it on the counter, "Here, Ashley. It's ready for you."

IC: Nicole watched as Ashley stepped out of the kitchen and into the adjacent mess hall. She nervously approached the slug. "Salmon," she muttered. "Unusual choice. I don't think I've seen that being offered. Even on Gaia they never managed to get fresh salmon to us." She stopped herself at the mention of Gaia, the memories coming back into her mind. She took a deep breath and turned toward the slug.

"Did you ever lose anyone?" She asked, somwhat out of nowhere, not entirely sure why. "Anyone special in this war?" She felt a bit strange to be talking to a slug, but on the other hand they could read minds, so it would have known how she felt.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: Souper Saladd, Them Who Does Not Like Those Sorts Of Questions

Bristling as Nicole turned to speak to the slug, Souper turned to Nicole, while xhe was still quite busy cleaning the grill off from the detritus of the salmon, such was life as a chef. Not speaking for a moment, the slug looked up and spoke simply, "That is a question I will not answer. When we are all on an important mission to save those that do not seek annihilation, we do not dredge up our horrible nightmares that cause us to be incapable to dream of anything else. If you again make your past the only business that matters ahead of your duty again and ask me this question, I will not even deign to respond. You know NOTHING of trauma. NOTHING." the slug said, pushing the button that shut the gaps in the walls with metal as the slug slinked away, cleaning the rest of the kitchen.

IC: Nicole stepped back, shocked by the remark. There were a few plates of salmon already on the counter nearby. Nicole took one, it had cooled down but after her last remark she was not sure she deserved the finest. She stepped into the mess hall and sat by herself.

IC [Dorian]

"You two at it again? I'm just sitting over here, unable to do anything but watch. Feel neglected, abandoned even. Of course your emotions are coming over into my side of the brain and I'm overwhelmed by this fuzzy sort of feeling, think it's called 'love' or something." Dorian said that while laying down on the long table, idly trying to figure out how flexible he actually was, so the snark was half-hearted.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: You know, I'm just curious, when am I going to get that psionics thing? I thought the main condition for Nicole staying was that she had to get some psionic therapy, and it's been twelve hours since then so I hope it doesn't seem too much to ask where that part is at? It is just a matter of waiting for somebody or something.

IC: Nicole ate quietly by herself. All she had were her memories. She reached for the locket again, only to react with surprise when she remembered she'd intentionally left it in her room.

OOC
It's been twelve hours that Ashley was asleep for. These things take some in-game time and the Colonel probably isn't even aware Ashley is awake yet. I'm sure there's interaction to be had in the mean time.

IC [Dorian]

"I feel like she doesn't know the meaning of the word," Dorian deadpanned.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Nicole finished her salmon quietly and stood, walking out the mess hall. Already she'd made a fool of herself once, the best thing to do was probably walk away. Instead she took a ladder down to the lower deck and began to walk towards the medbay.

As she stepped inside, she began to look around. Karin seemed to have organized everything reasonably well. She began examining the shelves, trying to understand roughly where to find things. It certainly did not take long for her to find a cabinet containing several drawers full of drugs, apparently sorted by use; namely those sorted for specific conditions, along with others that served as painkillers and anesthetics. Though she still could not bring herself to step into the operating room, she was able to locate where to find the scrubs she'd need in the event of surgery.

Another drawer was filled with bandage rolls. There were a few different types, some of which she had not seen in years. The plain white bandages were of course the standard (she did recall that mechanic who liked to wear bandages, and realized that she'd have to keep him from finding these). There was another set, colored in a light green. This was a fancy idea in itself; they were covered by a special substance which designed to chemically cauterize infected wounds. It was not a perfect solution, since in order to fully stop an infection it would have to applied almost immediately after the wound was inflicted, but they could be used to stall the effects and buy more time for proper treatments to be applied.

Then of course there was the deal with the nanites. In some ways Nicole was very old-fashioned, as these were something she had rarely used in the past, but nonetheless she examined the containers and syringes containing them.

She did try once to step back into the operating room, but could not bring herself to do so. An idea would dawn on her, though, when she found a large medical bag, lightweight, spacious enough, and hopefully just what she needed. She proceeded to carefully collect some of the items she had found; painkillers, the nanite syringes, two rolls of each type of bandage, a stethoscope, and whatever bits and pieces of surgical equipment she could find, making sure to seal them tightly in bags to ensure they would remain sterile.

When she was finished, Nicole had a medical bag she could carry around the ship. It seemed like a creative solution. "I can't treat people by bringing them into the operating room. I'll bring the operating room to them." She knew she would have to face her fears sooner or later, preferably later, and she hoped that nobody would have anything that would require full surgery, but now if there was an emergency, she could respond.

IC: Deuce (Hanger Bay, Confused)

Confusion was the only emotion present on Deuce's face. It was truly an odd thing, one moment the Doctor had been talking to him, asking him about his past, and the next she was gone. All Deuce could do was shrug, at her sudden disappearance. It was probably for the better though, dealing with issues of his past wasn't exactly something he wished to deal with once more.

Left with nothing else to do, Deuce soon realized just how hungry he was. IVs and other forms of life support did rather little in terms of staving off hunger. Deuce could go for a nice, proper meal, it had been a while. So the pilot headed off to the mess hall, in search of a good meal. It wasn't long before he was standing in front of the slug in charge of their food.

Or rather he would've been, if it wasn't for the tiny problem that the hole was shut. It took a second for Deuce to realize the absurdity of his luck, before the pilot tried knocking. "Yo Soupy, you in there?"

Edited by Commander Viral

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Nicole stepped out into the corridor, carrying her newfound first aid kit. There was no obvious sign of an emergency but she knew as a doctor she had to be prepared for the unexpected. She began to work her way back to the upper deck and from there towards her room. She avoided the kitchen, suspecting that if the slug was there he/she/whatever it was would still be mad at her. She began to travel toward her own room.

There she sat down on the bed, putting her kit down next to her. She reached for the locket and put it on her neck. She opened it, looking at the picture of Irina. "I failed you once," Nicole muttered. "I can't fail again."

OOC: Nicole is open to interaction for anyone who is looking for someone to talk to.

IC: Souper Saladd, open for business

Wallowing a bit in their own emotions for a little bit, the slug got a hold of themselves when the knock on the window of the kitchen came. Knowing immediately that it wasn't Nicole again, Souper pressed the button that opened up the kitchen for service. For now, the slug still had a job to do. Thinking about the past could come up again later. Having already packaged the leftover Salmon away for later consumption, the slug looked over to the tall human and huffed, "Yes, what do you want, Deuce? The kitchen is open for service still, just had to deal with a rather uncooperative doctor and shut her off from my kitchen's services. What would you like?" xhe said, still somewhat tense.

IC: Deuce (Mess Hall, Talking to Soupy)

"That Nicole lady I'm guessing?" Deuce responded, "Asked you about your past as well I suppose. My advice is just to ignore her. I expect she'll simmer down eventually, if not, well I guess she won't be with us much longer. Anyhow take a load off man, no use in tensing up because of her, wouldn't very sporting would it?"

"Anyhow," Deuce began, "What's special on the menu?"

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Rolling their eyes, the slug seemed more nonplussed that before as they got the grill lit up again, "The menu is ask and I will tell you if I can make it in a timely manner. If I can do so, I will do so, if not, I will tell you otherwise. Ask and you shall receive as part of the fact you are a member of the crew and I serve those who need to eat fresh food and those who eat fresh food only. Now, Deuce, what would you like to eat?"

What xhe wanted to make, huh? Well, Deuce was in for a surprise. "Very well. Your food will be on the counter in ten minutes, wait at a table and you will know when the food arrives" xhe said, surprising the human. Time of day was hard to determine, so the slug decided to make something interesting for breakfast.

After a few minutes, ten total, a large omelette was on a plate with some chopped up fruit in a bowl next to it. Inside of the egg dish was turkey bacon, sausage, and Souper's favorite vegetable, Kale. There was also some cheese in it as well, although it was simply small slices of cheddar. "Order up, human" Souper said, remembering what xhe'd say at the place that they used to work at.

Edited by Zhangku

IC: Nicole closed the locket, letting it hang over her neck, as she stood, picking up her first aid kit, and walked out of the room, looking around. Everybody else was still gathered in the mess hall. She made her way in the opposite direction, working her way toward the ladder and climbing down to the middle deck. She subsequently began to wander, not in any particular direction. She just needed to find something to do. Hopefully she'd find someone or other on their own who might have something she could do in the meantime to make herself useful.

She had already spent some time in recreation, having watched a few old science fiction films on one of the tablets, right now she needed a bit more than that.

OOC: I don't suppose there is anyone not in the mess hall right now? I know you can't exactly conjure up a medical emergency for her to assist in but I was hoping I might find something or other.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: Ashley

"Don't worry it has nothing to do with actual fish! It's just a card game." Ashley started to shuffle the cards.

"Each player gets seven cards, and then we take turns trying to make matches of four! Like if you had three twos, you'd need the fourth one to complete the set! On your turn you can ask another player if they have a card you need, and if they do they give it to you! If they don't then they tell you 'Go fish' and you have to draw another card and end your turn!" Ashley took a breath.

"Wanna play?"

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Devas)

Devas looked over his foodstash in dismay. Evidently some sort of vermin or another had gotten into the bread and then, wishing to wash it down, had downed the jam as well. If the tracks were any indication it was some sort of small, furry mammal. All of this had one implication, if he wanted to eat, he'd have to head to the mess hall. Something he'd avoided after Ameli, who was by all accounts more level headed then he, had had a less then stellar interaction within the confines of the place.

Still, there was nothing for it. He didn't fancy starving. With a sigh, Devas opened up the engine rooms doors and began the trek to the mess hall.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.