Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

I'm getting very angry and impatient that the LMB people keep trying to get Greg in trouble.

Seriously, it just makes us fans look bad in the eyes of the company that, mind you, is responsible for making the very toys and story we are clamouring for.

I keep getting nightmares that Lego will get super angry and tell us they cancelled it because they couldn't take the impatience. Or they'll make all the sets out of lime-green pieces(you know which pieces I mean).

Seriously, how thick can they get?

I'm under the impression that most of them are of a younger sort, based off the sentence structure and grammar atrocities and the kinds of questions they ask, and my own experience on the LMB, so I think they just don't understand why he's doing what he's doing and that he is an employee that needs to be approached with at least some level of professionalism, or like, discretion, or respect or something. He went into this job knowing sooner or later he'd have to deal with kids, so I'm sure he's just more peeved by the recent increase in questions on a particular topic than anything else. He's sooner to say that no more questions about it can be asked than let it somehow get to the point where the whole thing is cancelled. To be fair, they're starved for information and I'm not totally surprised they'd be getting this worked up about it. Edited by Pomegranate
  • Upvote 2

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Greg farshtey pretty much confirmed didn't he? At 1:37 to 2:13 in this video -->

Also, I don't know if it's just me but going to bionicle.com makes lego.com appear but everything's really messed up. Anyone else?

Had no idea I was mentioned in a video. :P

I'm really just mad that Greg will never reveal if Omega Tahu can beat the Lord of **** *******.

I'm assuming I can't talk about lord of you know who here.

I get the impression that the Lord-Of-Not-Meant-To-Be-Discussed is a translation of something else, like the way "Master" is probably meant to be "Toa". So I would imagine that when the sets are released, that particular set that we aren't meant to talk about will have a more Bionicle-esque name. 

On a 'certain image' it shows a certain picture, and on that certain picture the word Master can be seen, but its blurry.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I keep getting nightmares that Lego will get super angry and tell us they cancelled it because they couldn't take the impatience. Or they'll make all the sets out of lime-green pieces(you know which pieces I mean).

... I ... don't know which is worse.  :o

• Upvote 4

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I'm not upset about it. It's just that continually spamming after Windrider specifically said to stop spamming is rather disrespectful. I don't buy the excuse that there isn't anything to talk about either. If you really don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion, it's better to just not say anything at all. The EB topic has been free of spam for the most part because people have some self control there. I'd like to see that happen here. 

Keep in mind that they are also allowed to discuss leaks, which allows much more discussion to occur. Once we get an official confirmation, I'm sure the amount of spam will drastically decrease.

This is incorrect. Lego has made the same requests of EB that they have of us. BZP has taken the stance to not damage our reputation with Lego because EB chooses not to respect those wishes.

• Upvote 4

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Greg farshtey pretty much confirmed didn't he? At 1:37 to 2:13 in this video -->

Also, I don't know if it's just me but going to bionicle.com makes lego.com appear but everything's really messed up. Anyone else?

Hey, I made that video!  :D

And in my opinion...well, it's hard to say. He could have been trolling us, or he could have been giving us a slight nod. Or (possibly more likely) it could have just been my imagination making something out of nothing.

Anyone else have an interpretation on this?

I'm not upset about it. It's just that continually spamming after Windrider specifically said to stop spamming is rather disrespectful. I don't buy the excuse that there isn't anything to talk about either. If you really don't have anything meaningful to contribute to the discussion, it's better to just not say anything at all. The EB topic has been free of spam for the most part because people have some self control there. I'd like to see that happen here. 

Keep in mind that they are also allowed to discuss leaks, which allows much more discussion to occur. Once we get an official confirmation, I'm sure the amount of spam will drastically decrease.

This is incorrect. Lego has made the same requests of EB that they have of us. BZP has taken the stance to not damage our reputation with Lego because EB chooses not to respect those wishes.

I think when he says they are allowed to discuss it, he means the website allows it, not Lego. So he is technically correct.

Edited by Cub
  • Upvote 4

BIONICLE fan since '03!

Hey, I'm new to BZP. I'm very excited if Bionicle comes back next year, and I'm a huge fan of BIONICLE since I got my first set (Gali Nuva) back in early 2003, :)

Woah, Gali Nuva was also my first set, too!

Anyway, welcome to the forums. Whether Bionicle returns, or else the hype train catastrophically derails, I hope you'll stick around.

If Bionicle does come back, I also reckon that marketing is key if Lego want to get the 'smartphone' generation of preteens to buy the sets. I doubt simply swapping HF for Bionicle will increase constraction sales all that much. An Android/iOS game in the style of MNOG would be perfect.

Thanks, so I would say Unity. Duty and Destiny to HF fans,

BIONICLE fans, grab your masks and hype! :)

• Upvote 2

I think when he says they are allowed to discuss it, he means the website allows it, not Lego. So he is technically correct.

Yep, this is what I meant. Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Here's my latest thoughts on this issue:

A: whoever hacked Greg's account back in 2013 knew of discussions of Bionicle's return.  A double-pronged prank, because no one believed them, and it turns out they were right all along

B: A triple-pronged prank; the hacker made the faked images of Bionicle in 2015.  They've then managed to fool us with the same thing twice, which is awesome.

Also, Meiko's post back in 2013 implied he knew said hacker.  Does anyone still know said person and can confirm or deny these ideas?  Or did anyone ever know him/her?

~W.12.~

It was probably no more than a prank, you know? I don't think we should connect something from the beginning of the year in 2013 to late 2014. 

The images also have certain qualities that relate to current constraction design, so even if they were faked, they were made in extreme detail.

You just said it was a prank then said it was real. Besides your contradictions, I will go with your first sentence: Coming soon page on lego can't be result of a prank, especially the bionicle-keyword/url oddness being bionicle-keyword/url specific.

Worded that wrong. What I mean is, Greg shouldn't be connected to this just because of a prank on April 1st. While I don't think Greg is connected to the rumor, Bionicle's return still seems very real.

I just watched that video of Greg's response though, so now I'm questioning my first opinion. 

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

Jeez this topic has exploded! 47 pages!

Well, it is about the return of Bionicle, so everyone is going to go crazy-happy! :) 

Yeah, i'll share your suprised expression. How often is it that a BZPower topic reaches forty pages? For almost the two years my current account has been active for, i'd assume never.

• Upvote 1

If BIONICLE comes back I want some Rahi to populate my world. And not just not-to-be-mentioned spiders.

• Upvote 2

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

If BIONICLE comes back I want some Rahi to populate my world.

If there are any, there's no telling whether they'd be released in the first wave. The Toa were released earlier than the Rahi back in 2001, after all (even in the US, where the Toa didn't come out until July, the Rahi didn't come out until September).
  • Upvote 2

If BIONICLE comes back I want some Rahi to populate my world.

If there are any, there's no telling whether they'd be released in the first wave. The Toa were released earlier than the Rahi back in 2001, after all (even in the US, where the Toa didn't come out until July, the Rahi didn't come out until September).

And if it's a continuation hopefully some spherus magna animals too.

• Upvote 3

If BIONICLE comes back I want some Rahi to populate my world. And not just not-to-be-mentioned spiders.

I'm pretty sure we'd get some bigger Rahi sooner or later. HF had a whole wave of animals, after all.

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 2

Hail Denmark

They need to finally do those robo-dinosaurs that they had planned for 2010, continuation or no continuation. I really liked Fero and Skirmix and I was just reading the end of Reign of Shadows and the descriptions of the dinos sound awesome.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

They need to finally do those robo-dinosaurs that they had planned for 2010, continuation or no continuation. I really liked Fero and Skirmix and I was just reading the end of Reign of Shadows and the descriptions of the dinos sound awesome.

They actually planned to releasese those in 2010?  :o

Would've loved to see that. I guess we can say for sure that we won't get any new animal sets with a build similar to Skirmix. But we've seen what the CCBS is capable of and that it can be used to make some pretty impressive creatures. Hence the name.  :P

Edited by doodleloot
  • Upvote 1

Hail Denmark

They actually planned to releasese those in 2010?  :o

Would've loved to see that. I guess we can say for sure that we won't get any new animal sets with a build similar to Skirmix. But we've seen what the CCBS is capable of and that it can be used to make some pretty impressive creatures. Hence the name.  :P

That whole robot dinosaur concept sound silly but honestly really awesome.

• Upvote 1

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does CCBS stand for? 

If it's a continuation, we definitely NEED to see the element lords and the dinos. Next logical step, IMO. Even if it's a reboot, I'd wanna see them. Dinos and giant reptiles are popular again. Recently we've had Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Transformers: Age of Extinction, and Jurassic World is coming soon...only makes sense for Bionicle to cash in on the giant reptile craze before it goes extinct again. 

...Pun was very intentional.

Edited by Blastcage
  • Upvote 4

If it's a continuation, we definitely NEED to see the element lords and the dinos. Next logical step, IMO. Even if it's a reboot, I'd wanna see them. Dinos and giant reptiles are popular again. Recently we've had Pacific Rim, Godzilla, Transformers: Age of Extinction, and Jurassic World is coming soon...only makes sense for Bionicle to cash in on the giant reptile craze before it goes extinct again. 

Don't forget TMNT, even more over-sized reptiles.

• Upvote 1

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

CCBS = Character and Creature Building System. It's ok, I didn't know what it meant either till a few days ago  :P

As for Rahi... YES! We certainly need more! I just ordered a bunch of '01 Bionicle Rahi in an effort to complete my collection before the new sets start rolling out. All I'm mission now is the Manas!

Speaking of which...why haven't we gotten more mechanical/motorized sets like the Manas? And would you folks be interested in seeing something like that in Gen 2? I know I would!

• Upvote 2

BIONICLE fan since '03!

I don't think there have been very many motorized Lego sets, even less that have RC control. It's probably because they're expensive to manufacture and would require specialized equipment to make (which would probably also be expensive) . The only ones i can list off the top of my head are the Motorized AT-AT and the Manas.

Also I wonder if Lego ever released the sales figures for the 2001 Rahi. I know that that type of set (Rahi alone) almost completely died out after 2001. The closest things past that had riders. Maybe they found that Rahi+rider sold better?

• Upvote 3
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

CCBS = Character and Creature Building System. It's ok, I didn't know what it meant either till a few days ago  :P

As for Rahi... YES! We certainly need more! I just ordered a bunch of '01 Bionicle Rahi in an effort to complete my collection before the new sets start rolling out. All I'm mission now is the Manas!

Speaking of which...why haven't we gotten more mechanical/motorized sets like the Manas? And would you folks be interested in seeing something like that in Gen 2? I know I would!

I believe they didn't do it again because was because it was too expensive, and not enough people bought it. I think it was even the most expensive Bionicle set ever, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Toa Of Virtues
  • Upvote 1

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

If I remember correctly, Bota Magna was populated by intelligent Vorox and cyborg reptiles. If it was to be a continuation, it would probably follow some of Greg's unfinished serials, most of which took place on Bota Magna, so there's hope for robot Rahi type stuff, although they might not actually be called Rahi, since I'm pretty sure that was just an MU thing. 

Speaking of which... If all of the constructs within the MU were meant to serve a simple purpose of maintaining the integrity and function of the MU robot, what the heck was the purpose of the Rahi to begin with? 

• Upvote 3

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I believe they didn't do it again because was because it was too expensive, and not enough people bought it. I think it was even the most expensive Bionicle set ever, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Ninja'd

I'm not sure if it was the most expensive since scorpio was 100 dollars where I live but I do know the mana's were the only sets with RC controls.

• Upvote 1

Do you mean the Skopio XV1, instead of Scorpio? Scorpio was one of the animal HF sets in 2011, and I'm fairly sure that it wouldn't have been 100 dollars.

Also, about the discussion about RC controls, why has nobody mentioned Lego Trains yet? Almost, if not all of the Trains sets have RC control.

I'm using the browser on my 3DS, and the first time I tried to load this page, the browser couldn't load it, saying that it was too big. Lol.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

I doubt we'll see motorised sets. Someone mentioned the Lego Trains, and there's Mindstorms as well for consumers who wanted automated sets. I suspect the new Bionicle will stick to the articulated action figure setup, and if the leaked images are anything to go by (which they may not, who knows?), the sets will likely include some kind of functioning projectile weapon, which is the closest we're going to get to anything remotely motorised in Bionicle. 

Personally, I'm not too hung up on how the sets turn out. I'm seventeen and in university; I'm not going to have a whole lot of time to go buy and build sets anymore (this doesn't mean I won't make the time). My primary concern is still the story, which is what really drew me to Bionicle in the first place. I've been waiting nearly five years wondering what happens next, and it seems that wait might finally be over. 

Fingers crossed that we get more information soon...

• Upvote 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Oh, the Inika builds. *suppresses a shudder*

I never actually got a single set that year... which I made up for by buying all six Barraki the next year. I would argue that the Barraki/Mahri year was the first really good one for Bionicle, there was more choice and variety in the sets, and none of the repetitive design we'd seen in previous years. I hope we get that in the new Bionicle: individual sets with completely different designs, rather than the same build with a few cosmetic colour and weapon differences. But I think that's where the CCBS falls down a little.

By its end, Bionicle had about a dozen different body types that could be used, and a plethora of different sized, coloured and textured limb joints that came in a variety of styles and lengths as well. And as if that wasn't enough, there were dozens of unqiue armour pieces that were compatible with nearly all of these joints.If I recall correctly, the CCBS has only one body piece, and while the limbs do come in different lengths and sizes, there's only a handful of different armour pieces that can be used with it. There aren't really as many options to create different designs, and the few HF sets I've actually bought all feel the same somehow. I think this is part of the reason the HF sets have suffered from a sales decline. 

Case in point: the HF Titan sets. The majority of them used exactly the same design as the first Titan set made with the CCBS, which was Fire Lord, I believe. 

For these reasons, I hope they introduce some new parts, especially some more Bionicle-esque armour pieces, to the CCBS, so that there can be a wider range of possible combinations, and hopefully some designs that are more reminiscent of the Bionicle we all knew, loved, and want back. 

• Upvote 2

I like it better when the sets don't match; it's much more fun and interesting when you have a new build for each set rather than recolored pieces and a few slight variations here and there. 

• Upvote 2

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I like it better when the sets don't match; it's much more fun and interesting when you have a new build for each set rather than recolored pieces and a few slight variations here and there. 

I completely agree. Hence why I hope the new sets have some variety in them. some uniqueness in the styling of each character. 

• Upvote 1

If even only a single piece has a piston shape molded into it, I will be happy :P

Mata Nui be praised! YES! I've missed that so much. 

Friends, I didn't ask what was likely! I asked if you'd want to see motorized sets! Let's use our imaginations, shall we?

Since I'm older now and have a full time job, I guess I don't think as much about price as I used to. Yes, a motorized set would be expensive, and yes, it would probably be outside the target audiences price range...but that is irrelevant when we are talking about things we'd want!

Personally, I think a motorized Nui-Rex would be amazing! It would walks, it would bend up and down, and its next could extend rapidly to do like a head-butt. I think Tahu would end up capturing and taming it. Then he would ride it around Mata-Bara-Spherus-Nui-Wherevertheyare head-butting bad guys all over the place!

Yeah, extremely unlikely, but it would make the 2015 line vastly more interesting!

• Upvote 2

BIONICLE fan since '03!

Dinosaurs vs Rahi...

...and evil spider things too.

And all of them mad at the Toa.

...I could see that working. It would be like the 2001 story: heroes vs monsters.