Rumor: Bionicle's return in 2015

I've been away from BZpower for a few months. After hearing about the return of BIONICLE, I knew I had to come back. The hype train posts made me glad I did (especially the Spider-Man video. That was beautiful)

By the way, something weird I noticed: around the same time as some of the BIONICLE leaks, there was a leak involving Deadpool test footage. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT. GregF is probably going to make Vezon into Deadpool.

Does Greg even like Deadpool?, I guess they're similar, but yeah SOOO MUCH LEAKS!!!...

Nope. 

3) Was Venzon sort of based off of Deadpool from Marvel comics? I have yet to see Vezon break the fourth wall but besides that their insane brand of humor seems pretty similar.

3) Since I have never read Deadpool, no.

Spiders, you say? -immediately thinks BIONICLE Spider-Man-

Actually, that's possible in-story. Who knows what the new TeriVisorak are capable of?

@Trizzlers the Brain Attack sets used a new head with no face. It has axles on the mouth and sides and a clip on the top. I'd like to see that clip used in Bionicle (ex. to attach the hair to the back of a vortixx)

Brain Attack face for Vortixx 2015. :) Frankly I want to see more Vortixx, Skakdi, Glatorian, etc as part of the main cast.  

I'm sure that if the first wave of sets aren't that well liked/poorly designed, they'll be greatly improved upon with the next wave, just not as drastically as with Hero Factory's first time.

Yeah like for a second wave it would still keep the skeleton building system but maybe introduce more detailed bionicle looking armor and pieces  and maybe a different armour system other then the pin one.

Um, last time I checked, the armor system of HF uses ball joints to attach armor, not pins.  

Or maybe (switches to conspiratorial mode) Greg was the prankster and hacked his own account...

Why would he do that when he can just log in and post like a normal human being? (Also, if Greg has become a computer genius, I have yet to hear about it. :P

If BIONICLE comes back I want some Rahi to populate my world. And not just not-to-be-mentioned spiders.

They need to finally do those robo-dinosaurs that they had planned for 2010, continuation or no continuation. I really liked Fero and Skirmix and I was just reading the end of Reign of Shadows and the descriptions of the dinos sound awesome.

Agreed. I also need to look up the end of RoS, because apparently I missed the biomechanical dinosaurs.  

If I remember correctly, Bota Magna was populated by intelligent Vorox and cyborg reptiles. If it was to be a continuation, it would probably follow some of Greg's unfinished serials, most of which took place on Bota Magna, so there's hope for robot Rahi type stuff, although they might not actually be called Rahi, since I'm pretty sure that was just an MU thing. 

Speaking of which... If all of the constructs within the MU were meant to serve a simple purpose of maintaining the integrity and function of the MU robot, what the heck was the purpose of the Rahi to begin with?

It's to keep Matoran away from places that they weren't supposed to go.  

I want a building style that incorporates the feel and look of the old Bionicle sets that uses the current style connection points and superior plastics used.

Blasphemy, I know.

I don't think it's blasphemy. In fact, if I were a set designer at Billund right now working on the new Bionicle return (if there is one :P), that would be the thing to aim for. Why not? 

This is why I don't believe it will be a retelling. The Giant Robot thing has already been revealed. I believe in a much earlier post on this topic someone referred to it as "a one-trick horse", and that's very accurate. If it's a reboot, it will have to take a completely new direction, which I doubt will sit well with a sizeable number of the old fans, myself included. 

[...]

You're completely right about the Mask of Creation needing more than that. But there's the potential that it may not come in a set in its own right. If the story is a continuation, and Velika did succeed in blowing up the tower, than Artakha is presumably dead. The Mask will either be left in the rubble, or someone else will wear it. (Or perhaps a certain unlucky skakdi will end up with it fused to his face?)

Personally I'd rather not go back to the Island of Mata Nui simply because that has already been done, and I think that would be rather boring. I think we have a lot better potential in sets and story if we stay on Spherus Magna: better variety of characters to make sets out of, better variety of locales to make art of, better potential to make story of. With Mata Nui, you've painted yourself into too many unnecessary corners. Not only are you stuck with a limited amount of characters and story potential, but you have to change at least something to keep the older fans engaged, and possibly a lot more.

Also SM is entirely new; Mata Nui has already been done, and is easier to criticize. Unless you really have a revolution on the idea, it's somewhat old and tired, been there done that. And my opinion on old been there ideas is to chuck them out the window.

As for whether Artahka's mask will break, that actually depends on lots of boring scientific things like where Velika placed his bomb, how powerful it is, and how far away from it Artahka is. In the last topic on the subject is was concluded that breaking the thing would cause the death of all creativity in the MU, and given that effect might be localized to that area, I'm wondering why Velika chose to stick around and carve memorial stones instead of getting himself out of there. But that's another topic for another forum...

• Upvote 2

Is the Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows DVD getting re-issued? I was looking the Bionicle movies up on Amazon to see if they'd been put on Blu-Ray yet, and the page for WoS says it will be released on October 7th of this year...

COTdHSQ.png

???

Is the Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows DVD getting re-issued? I was looking the Bionicle movies up on Amazon to see if they'd been put on Blu-Ray yet, and the page for WoS says it will be released on October 7th of this year...

COTdHSQ.png

???

That is weird. I bet its an error on Amazon's part though. Unless a new version of the movie is being released and no one has heard of it until now, but I don't think that's the case since it doesn't say that its different from the original movie. That's what makes me think that Amazon made a mistake with this.

Amazon regularly botches stuff like this. I wouldn't think about it too much.

What I found odd is that there's the page for the re-issue AND the page for the original release. Re-issue is a slightly higher price. Wonder what's going on here. Also wonder why it's not getting the Blu-Ray treatment if it's being re-issued...

Oh, of course, the worst of the movies is getting the blu ray treatment :P I seriously doubt that's gonna happen, more likely than not it's just Amazon messing up. October 7th is such an arbitrary date, too. It's a Tuesday. Who does something cool on a Tuesday? :P

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Now I know the LMB Greg topic doesn't usually means anything but as of recent, he keeps pulling out the excuse that LEGO pulls out ideas, and then makes concept art and stuff for new/returning themes. What he is getting at is that even though we may have a picture, and it may be real, that doesn't mean it may be returning.

Don't mean to slow down the hype train but, that worries me a bit.

• Upvote 1

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Oh, of course, the worst of the movies is getting the blu ray treatment :P I seriously doubt that's gonna happen, more likely than not it's just Amazon messing up. October 7th is such an arbitrary date, too. It's a Tuesday. Who does something cool on a Tuesday? :P

Um, it's not getting the Blu-Ray treatment. Just a re-issue of the DVD. Sorry if my wording made it sound like it was getting a Blu-Ray release. I sure wish it was though! Better yet, a 3D release. I'd love to see a 3D Bionicle movie, doesn't matter if it's a new one or just the originals post-converted. 

It's a Tuesday. Who does something cool on a Tuesday?

Tuesday is the traditional US release day for at-home media in retail. I worked at Target for several years, and new CDs, DVDs, and books were almost always released exclusively on Tuesdays.

• Upvote 1

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Now I know the LMB Greg topic doesn't usually means anything but as of recent, he keeps pulling out the excuse that LEGO pulls out ideas, and then makes concept art and stuff for new/returning themes. What he is getting at is that even though we may have a picture, and it may be real, that doesn't mean it may be returning.

The pictures we've seen were more than mere concept art. Those who know the source and nature of the leaks know this, but we can't really discuss those things here.

All things considered, Greg is going to try to discredit the hints we've gotten in any way he can short of saying "no, BIONICLE isn't actually coming back next year". It's basically his job. Don't read too much into it.

• Upvote 6

Tuesday is the traditional US release day for at-home media in retail. I worked at Target for several years, and new CDs, DVDs, and books were almost always released exclusively on Tuesdays.

Also, don't forget Taco Tuesday! No better day than Tuesday to unleash a doomsday device, amirite?

• Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm liking this whole blind pack idea for Bionicle. 

Why not sell random blind-pack sets at about the Matoran size? They could all still come with a randomised collectible mask, but they wouldn't all necessarily have to be Matoran.

Originally, I didn't completely (though I did partially like the concept) agree with the whole blind pack thing, but I like this idea, with the randomized masks. I didn't want like, five hundred Mackus. But if they were randomized, then I could have a whole village.

yesssssss

• Upvote 3
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

If they did do collectible Matoran, what would they be like?

I'm imagining them using the 4-length bones for their limbs, maybe 3-length, and then using either the XT4 torso or the smaller hero torso. They'd have to at least have coloured limbs since they aren't going to be long enough for armour to attach.

Believe it or not, that's kinda the feel I was going for with my Matoran designs. heck, I actually tried BUILDING a "modern" Onu-Matoran with some leftover bone pieces in my room.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I'm imagining them using the 4-length bones for their limbs, maybe 3-length, and then using either the XT4 torso or the smaller hero torso. They'd have to at least have coloured limbs since they aren't going to be long enough for armour to attach.

McToran. Nuff' said.

The pictures we've seen were more than mere concept art. Those who know the source and nature of the leaks know this, but we can't really discuss those things here.

All things considered, Greg is going to try to discredit the hints we've gotten in any way he can short of saying "no, BIONICLE isn't actually coming back next year". It's basically his job. Don't read too much into it.

Oh, well if Highly Suspect says it's more than concept art, I shall combine my Kanohi Kakama with the Hype Train to go into overdrive, again.

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Well, they might still be able to have armor on their arms and/or legs. It depends on what size they are (which in turn depends on the size of the Toa), as well as whether they have articulated knees and elbows.

I expect collectible Matoran would be around 25 pieces total, counting weapons. This one I built as an experiment already uses 21 pieces — all he'd need are two weapons built with two pieces each to drive the piece count up to 25. Of course, that's all assuming a price point of around $5. Larger sets could allow higher piece counts (including the possibility of more varied builds and more elaborate weapons), but having randomized masks might frustrate people if the price point is too high.

• Upvote 1

This is post #2015 in this topic.  Hence, I shall say "Bionicle 2015 is coming..."

And I like the idea of varying masks in blind Matoran packs.  Maybe we'll see some of the Matoran from MNOLG II -- Amaya, Kamen, Vira, Talvi, etc.

• Upvote 3

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

This is post #2015 in this topic.  Hence, I shall say "Bionicle 2015 is coming..."

And I like the idea of varying masks in blind Matoran packs.  Maybe we'll see some of the Matoran from MNOLG II -- Amaya, Kamen, Vira, Talvi, etc.

Curses! I signed on this morning and it said "2014 posts in this topic". By the time I read all the way down here, the 2015th post had been taken! but yeah, I completely agree: Bionicle 2015 is coming. 

Well, they might still be able to have armor on their arms and/or legs. It depends on what size they are (which in turn depends on the size of the Toa), as well as whether they have articulated knees and elbows.

I expect collectible Matoran would be around 25 pieces total, counting weapons. This one I built as an experiment already uses 21 pieces — all he'd need are two weapons built with two pieces each to drive the piece count up to 25. Of course, that's all assuming a price point of around $5. Larger sets could allow higher piece counts (including the possibility of more varied builds and more elaborate weapons), but having randomized masks might frustrate people if the price point is too high.

I like where you're going with this idea. That concept of yours is pretty good. If Lego doesn't do this, maybe we can petition them to do it, because I really think this idea could work nicely. My only criticism might be those feet. Those toes are four extra pieces that aren't entirely necessary to the overall build (even if, admittedly, they do look pretty cool). Those four pieces could be replaced with small arm and leg pieces to give extra mobility to the limbs. Three more parts could be used to give a blade and shield like the Agori sets had (which brings the count up to 24 pieces) then throw in the collectible mask, which gives you he 25 pieces you originally propose. 

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I like how you've used the.. whatever it's called as a sort of knapsack.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

If they did do collectible Matoran, what would they be like?I'm imagining them using the 4-length bones for their limbs, maybe 3-length, and then using either the XT4 torso or the smaller hero torso. They'd have to at least have coloured limbs since they aren't going to be long enough for armour to attach.

Well, they might still be able to have armor on their arms and/or legs. It depends on what size they are (which in turn depends on the size of the Toa), as well as whether they have articulated knees and elbows.I expect collectible Matoran would be around 25 pieces total, counting weapons. This one I built as an experiment already uses 21 pieces — all he'd need are two weapons built with two pieces each to drive the piece count up to 25. Of course, that's all assuming a price point of around $5. Larger sets could allow higher piece counts (including the possibility of more varied builds and more elaborate weapons), but having randomized masks might frustrate people if the price point is too high.
I was thinking more of having at least two pieces per limb, to allow for elbow and knee articulation.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

That is information I did not know! Thanks :) Makes more sense, then.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Curses! I signed on this morning and it said "2014 posts in this topic". By the time I read all the way down here, the 2015th post had been taken! but yeah, I completely agree: Bionicle 2015 is coming. 

I like where you're going with this idea. That concept of yours is pretty good. If Lego doesn't do this, maybe we can petition them to do it, because I really think this idea could work nicely. My only criticism might be those feet. Those toes are four extra pieces that aren't entirely necessary to the overall build (even if, admittedly, they do look pretty cool). Those four pieces could be replaced with small arm and leg pieces to give extra mobility to the limbs. Three more parts could be used to give a blade and shield like the Agori sets had (which brings the count up to 24 pieces) then throw in the collectible mask, which gives you he 25 pieces you originally propose. 

I think they should bring back the MOLtoran design, I know it's outdated, but it's beautiful. I think they have around 24 pieces if I remember correctly. They don't have to carry Kolhii sticks though, they could be given a random tool/weapon.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I think they should bring back the MOLtoran design, I know it's outdated, but it's beautiful. I think they have around 24 pieces if I remember correctly. They don't have to carry Kolhii sticks though, they could be given a random tool/weapon.

I myself never got into that design; it was around before I really got into Bionicle, so I missed out on it. I understand some people would have a lot of nostalgia about it, but I have my doubts that Lego would bring it back. It had a lot more technic parts, did it not, whereas Lego seems to have fully embraced their new CCBS system, whatever that actually stands for...

I dont really know much about the Greg chat beside that it exists. Is he bound to answer all questions? If not then why doesnt he simply ignore them.

It would be much better than what he is doing right now.

But again, I dont know much about the chat.

Don't quote me on this, but I think there was a post by Greg somewhere in that chat where he said he would be ignoring all Bionicle 2015 related questions. He finally snapped and said he'd had enough of everyone nagging him about it. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he said something along those lines, that he wouldn't say anything on the topic, and that he would no longer be answering questions relating to it. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Don't quote me on this, but I think there was a post by Greg somewhere in that chat where he said he would be ignoring all Bionicle 2015 related questions. He finally snapped and said he'd had enough of everyone nagging him about it. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he said something along those lines, that he wouldn't say anything on the topic, and that he would no longer be answering questions relating to it. 

He did say that, but for some reason he went back on his word and has still been acknowledging questions about 2015. I wish he'd stick to what he said and not make it harder on himself.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

Okay, if this is true, is there any idea as to why the heck they'd re-release a direct-to-DVD from almost ten years ago that didn't sell all that well to begin with?

He did say that, but for some reason he went back on his word and has still been acknowledging questions about 2015. I wish he'd stick to what he said and not make it harder on himself.

So I was right about him saying that? Good, I was worried I'd misinterpreted something, because it did seem to me like he was still answering questions on the topic. I guess he is. Perhaps he's answering them because he wants to? He feels the need to give some kind of response? 

I think people should stop bugging Greg. It spams the thread, and kinda' makes us look bad as a fanbase.

I agree. I've read through that chat on LMB loads of times, but I've never posted in it. One, I'm not sure if Greg will get to read it or if it'll just get buried under mountains of spam, and two, there's nothing I want to know that he's going to tell me. I wish people would just give up and let him be. You're right, it does make us look bad as a fanbase, which is especially awful considering that Lego has generously acknowledged us by reviving Bionicle to begin with. 

I really want Lego to just make an announcement, or give us info of some kind, so everyone will get off Greg's back about it. 

• Upvote 1

I assume you're drawing attention to the first post. I'm not surprised to see him take that stance, and if Lego takes it as well then we're in for a reboot.

Greg confirms BIONICLE 2015?

emppu2001 wrote:

Hi! I've got few questions. 

1: Are you working on a new NinjaGo book/comic right now?

2: Will you lose your job if you confirm the rumours about return of BIONICLE, or hint about upcoming theme?

3: Who's your favourite BIONICLE character?

4: Do you like Akhmou 
happy.png

5: When did you visit flea store/ thrift shop last time?

1) No.

2) At the very least, I would get taken off the boards and this topic would be closed if I leaked confidential informatioh about any theme or future product plan. I most likely would get into a lot of trouble and, yes, I could lose my job.

He is basically saying; if I confirm it, I'd get fired. Basically saying it is true.

And no, Greg didn't like Akhmou.

• Upvote 3

he's obligated to say the same if you asked him about, say, Blacktron coming back. he cannot confirm or deny any line's revival without risking his job.

Yes, I think we established this a while back. Greg isn't going to say anything that will endanger his job, so how's about people stop asking him about it? Do people want him to slip up and get himself fired? I certainly don't. 

• Upvote 4

To be honest, what I wish they'd do is just lock the topic or something until 2015, cause then that type of thing could not happen until it was confirmed/not Officially by LEGO.

And hm... If they went farther in the future, they'd Still have to explain what happened during the serials, unless they get un-canonized.

• Upvote 2

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

To be honest, what I wish they'd do is just lock the topic or something until 2015, cause then that type of thing could not happen until it was confirmed/not Officially by LEGO.

And hm... If they went farther in the future, they'd Still have to explain what happened during the serials, unless they get un-canonized.

But the topic is for talking to Greg, and he's worked on lots of different things. People are asking him questions relating to other Lego themes, not just Bionicle. So closing the page would deprive them of that information source, which isn't fair on them. A better compromise might be for the moderators who check most of the posts to simply not approve anything related to Bionicle 2015, that way Greg doesn't have to answer those questions. 

• Upvote 3

I think a TV series would work best for a Bionicle reintroduction, but I'd want something just a little more sophisticated than Ninjago or Chima. They seem to be very bright and colourful, the fight scenes are childish, and the shows focus on little kiddy themes like friendship and such. I'd prefer a Bionicle TV series to take on the sort of tone that the earlier movies established.

They were very dark, the fight scenes were a lot more serious, and the themes were a lot deeper: the ideas of Unity, Duty and Destiny, and how they were actually important to the maintenance of the entire universe, rather than just a societal thing. Of course, they'd still be able to keep the occasional comedic elements to lighten things up a little. 

Well, we may not get gear functions, but the recent Hero Factory Invasion from Below sets had a few technic-based features. The big blue crawler even had wings that I think used one of the old 2004-era bendy rods.

I'd love a few more technic-based elements in next year's sets. The thing that's always irked me about the HF building system is the lack of technic parts. I'd love to just see some of the old armour parts that could be connected using rods. They were probably my favourite part of the entire system. 

• Upvote 2