OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I don't see any issue in staying focused on a cast of characters. Did fans of Breaking Bad complain that Walt was the protagonist the entire run of the show? Did fans of Teen Titans complain that the story continued to focus on the Teen Titans?

Truly well-written characters should be able to carry a plot without getting stale. If people get bored of the Toa Mata, it's the fault of poor writing, not an inherent issue with keeping a consistent cast.

And look where HF ended up.

Yeah, with four and a half years of sets despite having the worst toy-based TV show I have ever had the displeasure of subjecting myself to. Its longevity was more impressive than people give credit.
Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 8

I don't see any issue in staying focused on a cast of characters. Did fans of Breaking Bad complain that Walt was the protagonist the entire run of the show? Did fans of Teen Titans complain that the story continued to focus on the Teen Titans?

Truly well-written characters should be able to carry a plot without getting stale. If people get bored of the Toa Mata, it's the fault of poor writing, not an inherent issue with keeping a consistent cast.

Yeah, with four and a half years of sets despite having the worst toy-based TV show I have ever had the displeasure of subjecting myself to. Its longevity was more impressive than people give credit.

Im not talking about watching a TV show Im talking about playing with toys and making a story with them. Its lioke trying to paint a painting with only a few colours. not much you can really do with them after a while. Giving more colours opens up more possibilities of what you can paint.

And you have just said yourself HFs plot got stale lol

Edited by CeeCee
  • Upvote 1

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

...you do realize this is LEGO and kids are by no means at all restricted to any cast of characters?

I've seen some simply stunning paintings made with very few colors, but that's besides the point. I think that, as far as telling a story, it's better to focus on one cast of characters and develop them as characters than to throw new characters in just because the old ones "got stale". Otherwise, what you get is what old Bionicle got: character bloat. The only reason the mangled mess of serials ever existed was to relieve the stress of so many characters on the main story. You need to balance the need for fresh new toys with proper storytelling techniques. If every season of Breaking Bad introduced a completely new team of cookers, the show would soon be spread thin as it tried to cover all the illegal activity going down in New Mexico. Instead, it focused on a dedicated set of characters and developed them, introducing new antagonists but never disrupting the balance of the main protagonists.

I actually haven't seen Breaking Bad but I am pretty sure I am right about this

Does anyone know anything about the Gold Masks?

BzipZnNIgAAhbZA.jpg

Are they Solid Gold? Gold Plated? Are they going to be giving them away? any actual news, not specualation?

I clearly remember one of the workers saying to me when I asked him about the masks he said that they are 14K Solid Gold. When I asked him if they were gonna be given away, he said they would eventually and that we should check their Facebook page for any information in the future.

I wonder when/if we will see any more Toa. I cant see another team at least before the three years are up. But if we do go beyond that I think its going to get stale fast with the Toa Mata(or maybe Oktoko now). 

I would definitely like to see a completely new Toa Team. We are due one are we not?

I don't think so. One think Ninjago and Hero Factory have done that I view as an improvement over Bionicle's story is sticking with a core cast of characters. Changing the main characters up completely every few years can be confusing and I'd much rather see the new theme develop the six original Toa more instead of having to replace them so frequently.

Sorry man. I have to disagree with you. I like having characters for a few years because they can be fleshed out, but do you really think Bionicle would have lasted anywhere near as long with just the Toa Mata? Especially if they need a new iteration every year. Ninjago doesnt really need to worry about that too much and even HF added to its bunch of characters. I know it wasnt an entirely new team but still a 50% increase. Also HF was episodic so it could get away with it better IMO. Bionicle was an on going story just needed to evolve over time.

Besides. I think for kids who liked playing with the toys, what incentive do they have to go and buy Tahu 5.0 besides the fact he is Tahu and Bionicle. Hes just the same character. just looks different. Where as if a new team was introduced thats six new characters to spice things up and open up more possibilities. 

Just my opinion though

I don't think Bionicle would've lasted as long with just the Toa Mata, because the Toa Mata were one-note characters in the original theme. Every subsequent Toa team had more character development and depth, whereas the Toa Mata were little more than broad stereotypes.

The new theme seems to be adding more depth to the characters already by giving them more concrete and interesting flaws, so I'm eager to see where the new line can go with them.

Also, for those who raise Hero Factory's poor character development as an example of what happens when you stick with a single team of characters, that's a bogus argument. Look at Ninjago, which has continued to add depth to its characters by showing how they react to new conflicts. Look at non-Lego franchises, like My Little Pony, or Harry Potter, or Batman. Good characters aren't a finite resource that will run dry if you tap them for too long—rather, a well-written character will become MORE complex and interesting if you focus on them for longer.

There are good examples of franchises that change up their main cast of character—Star Trek or Avatar (The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra) are just two good examples. But there are significant differences between those sorts of franchises and Bionicle. First and foremost, they didn't replace their entire roster of main characters after only two or three years. They did so only once the stories they intended to tell with those characters were essentially over. Secondly, connected to that last bit, they let the original characters age and grow into new roles rather than just sidelining them. The Toa Metru did this (although that was out of necessity, since they were clearly Turaga in the present story). But the Toa Mata? They were sidelined simply because they weren't new and cool enough, without being given the dignity of growing into new roles.

So if the new story can manage to actually provide the Toa Mata with a clear character progression with a beginning and an end, then I'd be fine with them being replaced by new heroes. But I hope the new theme can eke a little more longevity out of the characters and doesn't replace them until their story arcs have reached a decent conclusion.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Breaking Bad isn't a toyline. Bionicle is a toyline. Look at how many characters there are in Transformer and Star Wars toylines. Dozens, and they're all different too. You're thinking that people buy the sets for storyline. The story is free. The sets costs money.

...you do realize this is LEGO and kids are by no means at all restricted to any cast of characters?

I've seen some simply stunning paintings made with very few colors, but that's besides the point. I think that, as far as telling a story, it's better to focus on one cast of characters and develop them as characters than to throw new characters in just because the old ones "got stale". Otherwise, what you get is what old Bionicle got: character bloat. The only reason the mangled mess of serials ever existed was to relieve the stress of so many characters on the main story. You need to balance the need for fresh new toys with proper storytelling techniques. If every season of Breaking Bad introduced a completely new team of cookers, the show would soon be spread thin as it tried to cover all the illegal activity going down in New Mexico. Instead, it focused on a dedicated set of characters and developed them, introducing new antagonists but never disrupting the balance of the main protagonists.

Good story doesn't need to have the same cast. American Horror Story features a completely new story every season and its going strong. New characters aren't a bad thing, espicially if you plan on going on for many years. That doesn't mean forget the old characters. They can still have a place in the story, but the focus needs to shift to keep things interesting.

Breaking Bad isn't a toyline. Bionicle is a toyline. Look at how many characters there are in Transformer and Star Wars toylines. Dozens, and they're all different too. You're thinking that people buy the sets for storyline. The story is free. The sets costs money.

Transformers still has a dedicated main cast, though. Transformers Prime rarely shook up Team Prime after the initial death of Cliffjumper, the awful movies kept Bumblebee and Optimus the whole run, and I'm pretty sure something similar applies to Animated. With that many characters, not everyone is guaranteed screentime. Having dedicated protagonists is simply good storytelling.

Is that what you'd rather have? Practically entire waves of Bionicle sets that don't even have any bearing on the main story? I guarantee that's a bad way to go about it.

Good story doesn't need to have the same cast. American Horror Story features a completely new story every season and its going strong. New characters aren't a bad thing, espicially if you plan on going on for many years. That doesn't mean forget the old characters. They can still have a place in the story, but the focus needs to shift to keep things interesting.

But do you want a Bionicle story that tells a completely new story every season? That doesn't quite seem in line with how Bionicle stories work.

Besides, if it's a different story each season, it's hardly telling a continuous story. Inside the seasons, do they completely change the protagonists, and shelve the old ones? What I mean is that, in telling a continuous story, it's better to keep with the same protagonists.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

Do you think the transparent hau's will have any sort of story relevance, or Lego was just "what the heck, why not" when they thought up the idea.

They could make for a nice toa of crystal.

Also, do you fellows think we'll think we'll get masks in multiple colors? I'd love to see that but I'm thinking that it's not gonna be a thing.

I would love to see Kakamas (if they're even called that anymore) in every color. Especially blue & green. And silver. :P

The skull spiders do attach to the faces, so they might play a similar role as the Krana. I can see Lewa getting one stuck to his face, and Onua having to fight him..... for the nth time.

2001: Lewa gets an infected Miru on face and Onua has to save him.

2002: Lewa gets a Krana on his face and Onua saves him again.

2015: Lewa gets a Skull Spider on his head, and guess who comes to save him? :psychotwitch:

Plus in 2010 if one of the Nuva/Mata was gonna rescue him from the nature-loving Agori, it'd have to be Onua since Tahu and Gali are looking for a new place to build New Atero and Kopaka and Pohatu are stuck in the Red Star.

• Upvote 1

Transformers still has a dedicated main cast, though. Transformers Prime rarely shook up Team Prime after the initial death of Cliffjumper, the awful movies kept Bumblebee and Optimus the whole run, and I'm pretty sure something similar applies to Animated. With that many characters, not everyone is guaranteed screentime. Having dedicated protagonists is simply good storytelling.

Is that what you'd rather have? Practically entire waves of Bionicle sets that don't even have any bearing on the main story? I guarantee that's a bad way to go about it.

You are placing waaaay to much focus on the story being associated with the toys. The sets don't come with a story or comic book that forces the corresponding character into the spotlight of the story. There is only one of the main character. In TF, there's only 1 Bumblebee, 1 Optimus Prime. The toylines of dozens of figures will have 1 toy of that character (maybe plus 1 repaint in a while). But toys don't write the story. So even if the 6 main toa are the protagonists, they don't need to be constantly recurring as figures.

Edited by bioniclepluslotr

In the original Bionicle, every toy had a story role (except some promotional sets). The reason is simple: the story is there to advertise the toys. If a set doesn't appear in the story, it's not going to get as much attention. Transformers has such an enormous universe, and such a broad history, you can sell toys without featuring them in media, though I doubt they sell as well as those that do. Bionicle, however, is smaller, at least for now, and its universe cannot handle having millions of Toa shoved into it that won't even matter in the story.

Also you are so wrong about the "only one main character". Even within a single toyline, there are almost always several distinct molds of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee being sold concurrently. If anything, that proves that you can sell the same character year after year as long as you keep them interesting. I'd like you to find me a single time when an Optimus Prime figure WASN'T on shelves.

I'd rather have the Toa teams not stay in the spotlight for longer than 3-5 consecutive years, if only because I'd like to capture that great big world feel Bio1 had with having different Toa teams and different settings.

The problem is, after a while, that great big world started getting stretched thin. We spent three years on Mata Nui but only one on Voya Nui. It's no surprise which more people remember fondly.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 1

In the original Bionicle, every toy had a story role (except some promotional sets). The reason is simple: the story is there to advertise the toys. If a set doesn't appear in the story, it's not going to get as much attention. Transformers has such an enormous universe, and such a broad history, you can sell toys without featuring them in media, though I doubt they sell as well as those that do. Bionicle, however, is smaller, at least for now, and its universe cannot handle having millions of Toa shoved into it that won't even matter in the story.

Also you are so wrong about the "only one main character". Even within a single toyline, there are almost always several distinct molds of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee being sold concurrently. If anything, that proves that you can sell the same character year after year as long as you keep them interesting. I'd like you to find me a single time when an Optimus Prime figure WASN'T on shelves.

I'd rather have the Toa teams not stay in the spotlight for longer than 3-5 consecutive years, if only because I'd like to capture that great big world feel Bio1 had with having different Toa teams and different settings.

The problem is, after a while, that great big world started getting stretched thin. We spent three years on Mata Nui but only one on Voya Nui. It's no surprise which more people remember fondly.

Of course, the setting should be explored for a few years like Mata Nui, just not stay there for the whole series.

Who says the new characters have to be Toa? There can be villains too, and other things. Would you rather all the villains stay the same each year too? I own almost every main set of Bionicle yet I barely glanced at the story, so it's not as important as you think. I doubt many of the long lasting Lego sets have such riveting stories (eg Lego City). I'm not saying story is bad, and it's good to have story, but the purpose of Bionicle and Lego as a whole is not writing stories but making toys.

Who says the new characters have to be Toa? There can be villains too, and other things. Would you rather all the villains stay the same each year too? I own almost every main set of Bionicle yet I barely glanced at the story, so it's not as important as you think. I doubt many of the long lasting Lego sets have such riveting stories (eg Lego City). I'm not saying story is bad, and it's good to have story, but the purpose of Bionicle and Lego as a whole is not writing stories but making toys.

I never said anything about not changing villains; that, I'm all for. You've twisted my words about a main cast into meaning I never want any new characters, which isn't the case. All I said is that  focusing on a cast of protagonists for the duration of a story is good storytelling.

Not just making toys, but selling toys, which includes the story that advertises them. LEGO City doesn't need a story because it's, you know, a city. You buy the sets and play hum-drum city scenarios like cops-and-robbers and tax day. You don't need a story to enjoy a LEGO City set. Bionicle sets, however, sell because they're characters, and they do things in their own universe, and look you can see them doing these cool things and read about them doing these cool things! If someone could not, in fact, see or read about their character doing these cool things, why would they want that character? Nothing is more compelling about Bionicle than its story aspect. Maybe not to you, but to most people.

• Upvote 1

I never said anything about not changing villains; that, I'm all for. You've twisted my words about a main cast into meaning I never want any new characters, which isn't the case. All I said is that  focusing on a cast of protagonists for the duration of a story is good storytelling.

Not just making toys, but selling toys, which includes the story that advertises them. LEGO City doesn't need a story because it's, you know, a city. You buy the sets and play hum-drum city scenarios like cops-and-robbers and tax day. You don't need a story to enjoy a LEGO City set. Bionicle sets, however, sell because they're characters, and they do things in their own universe, and look you can see them doing these cool things and read about them doing these cool things! If someone could not, in fact, see or read about their character doing these cool things, why would they want that character? Nothing is more compelling about Bionicle than its story aspect. Maybe not to you, but to most people.

I never said that there shouldn't be a main cast in the story. But to keep the story compelling, it has to catch the eye. I can't imagine kids going out to read the story first to find out which characters are cool, and then go buy those sets. Rather more likely they'd see the sets first, online or in stores, and think "Wow, that's a cool character." and then go find the story to see what that character is all about. But if you keep sending out the same characters over and over again, it gets tiring. People know who Tahu is, and what his character is like, and it loses appeal. New characters enhance the story, and gives old characters more complexity. Maybe a new Toa finds Tahu for advice, and it builds both characters together, but there's no point in milking the same characters until they're dry.

Edited by bioniclepluslotr

One thing I love about the new sets is the fact they're not focusing on some blaster of some kind, none of the toa have blasters which is fantastic, I prefer them having swords spears axes(etc etc). One problem with the later waves of the theme was those blasters, half the time they overshadowed the melee weapons, and in 2008 they barely had melee weapons at all. Sure the protectors have got blasters(which I really like)but at least they mix it in with other weapons.

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

One thing I love about the new sets is the fact they're not focusing on some blaster of some kind, none of the toa have blasters which is fantastic, I prefer them having swords spears axes(etc etc). One problem with the later waves of the theme was those blasters, half the time they overshadowed the melee weapons, and in 2008 they barely had melee weapons at all. Sure the protectors have got blasters(which I really like)but at least they mix it in with other weapons.

True dat. It was an awkward consistency when every character in a wave carried the same oversized blaster. It takes away from the character's character. Though I did like Kongu's dual blasters.

• Upvote 1

Why feature Toa that aren't currently available in stores in the story, though? The story exists to promote the sets; if a kid sees something with Tahu in it and wants to get Tahu, but he's not available to buy, then the story has failed its purpose. That's why, if there's a main cast in a Transformers series, they take priority when it comes to a new wave of toys. They need to stick around on shelves because otherwise, the media has failed to advertise the product successfully. If you watch the new Transformers movie and somehow manage to enjoy it, and you go "hey, I wanna get bumblebee!" and you can't find a Bumblebee toy, then Hasbro's marketing has failed.

That's why introducing a new Toa team before was always at the expense of the previous Toa team; as soon as the previous team left the shelves, it would be counterproductive to feature them in the story, because the story exists to sell the sets. It would be impossible for both Toa teams to coexist unless you got new sets for the old one on the shelves just as the original wave ended.

New side characters are fine, but I can't see them introducing a new set of Toa without cutting the Mata from the picture almost completely. Which is fine, as I'd rather they stay, because I don't see the new Mata as characters getting stale unless the writing is really terrible.

That, and there are no Matoran this time around, so if we're going to see any new Toa, they would have to come from a method we have never seen before.

Edited by Lucina
  • Upvote 4

I don't think Bionicle would've lasted as long with just the Toa Mata, because the Toa Mata were one-note characters in the original theme. Every subsequent Toa team had more character development and depth, whereas the Toa Mata were little more than broad stereotypes.

The new theme seems to be adding more depth to the characters already by giving them more concrete and interesting flaws, so I'm eager to see where the new line can go with them.

I prefer the line to focus on a core group of characters, so I hope they stick with the Mata for a while. I don't know why you think they were more one-note than their successors, though? They may have been simpler character types, but they had strong and well-defined personalities, which a lot of the later Toa teams lacked. The Metru weren't so bad, but the Inika/Mahri seemed to have been sucked dry of all personality compared to their time as Matoran. And even among the Metru, there were some sketchily-drawn personalities; Onewa, for one, never seemed to have much going on outside the movies, where his sole trait was "pessimistic." 

I would argue that the Mata had some of the most well-drawn personalities of Bionicle's first run, which makes it natural for them to return as main characters. (And so far I'm enjoying the additions to their personalities, though only time will tell how well they're incorporated into story.)

Edited by Wrinkledlion X
  • Upvote 1

True dat. It was an awkward consistency when every character in a wave carried the same oversized blaster. It takes away from the character's character. Though I did like Kongu's dual blasters.

Yeah Kongu was my favourite at the time, I also felt the masks got less detailed over the years(another thing this new line has fixed).

It's time to move on.

Yeah Kongu was my favourite at the time, I also felt the masks got less detailed over the years(another thing this new line has fixed).

Really? If anything, I felt they got more detailed, overdetailed, even. The original masks all had a simple elegance to them, while later masks seemed to depend on loads of textures and grooves to cut a defining silhouette.

That's why, of the new redesigns, the Miru is my least favorite; it is covered with unnecessary mechanical detailing, and that annoys me.

• Upvote 3

Really? If anything, I felt they got more detailed, overdetailed, even. The original masks all had a simple elegance to them, while later masks seemed to depend on loads of textures and grooves to cut a defining silhouette.

That's why, of the new redesigns, the Miru is my least favorite; it is covered with unnecessary mechanical detailing, and that annoys me.

I disagree(at least in the toa's case)over time you could barely tell them apart, not to mention all those half masks we got, maybe it wasn't less detail but all I do know is they did something wrong.

It's time to move on.

I shall keep to my promise, and when BIONICLE 2015 releases, I shall make a stopmotion video of the Fikou, Visorak, Sea Spider, Skull Spider and Lord of Skull Spiders doing battle!

Who will be the true lord of the spiders?

• Upvote 3

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I shall keep to my promise, and when BIONICLE 2015 releases, I shall make a stopmotion video of the Fikou, Visorak, Sea Spider, Skull Spider and Lord of Skull Spiders doing battle!

Yeah, that's got epic written all over it. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

The Fikou, of course.

btw, that sounds EPIC!

Edited by FikouSpider
  • Upvote 1

You know it!

The Fikou will have the pincers and stinger tail... Otherwise I don't know how it would attack..

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Probs the Fikou. xD

Also about keeping the same characters - I don't know enough about Hero Factory to know if they did anything good with the characters they had, but I was very impressed that they were able to keep the same cast around for all 5 years. Not only did that disprove LEGO's previous claims about kids not wanting to see the same character every year, but it kept it consistent without changing the cast every few years, which I wasn't a big fan of in Bionicle. If they write the characters badly, yes it will be a drag. But the act of just having a consistent main cast every year isn't going to immediately hurt the narrative. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Don't forget Fenrakk!

• Upvote 1

Probs the Fikou. xD

Also about keeping the same characters - I don't know enough about Hero Factory to know if they did anything good with the characters they had, but I was very impressed that they were able to keep the same cast around for all 5 years. Not only did that disprove LEGO's previous claims about kids not wanting to see the same character every year, but it kept it consistent without changing the cast every few years, which I wasn't a big fan of in Bionicle. If they write the characters badly, yes it will be a drag. But the act of just having a consistent main cast every year isn't going to immediately hurt the narrative. 

-NotS

I haven't read the novels (which I've heard handle the characters very well), but from the TV episodes, they were pretty devoid of personality from BA. The only one I thought was still pretty in-character was Surge. I'd say Rise of the Rookies through Savage Planet handled them well enough.

Edited by Toa of Gallifrey

I heart the Toa Metru's characterization the most, but I'm not opposed to keeping the Mata for the new line. Reading the 2008 books will show that the Mata are capable of good characterization, as opposed to their archetypal 2001 versions. They just need to give it a bit more thought, and the character bios seem to suggest that they are. 

Still, if they stay around, you can bet there will be a ton of transformations. That's what using new teams was trying to avoid in the first place. (Ninjago solves this problem by giving ninjas "new clothes" and making sets of vehicles, not people. That principle doesn't work for constraction. Hence the transformations in Bionicle and the "upgrades" in HF...)

• Upvote 1

On the whole spider battle thing, I'll have the Fikou fitted with an infected mask, and there will be Miserix (since he is the only alive Makuta, until Icarax reforms) controlling him. Something like Pokemon I guess.

FIKOU USE QUICK ATTACK!

^This is what we should all be looking forward to most of all next year.

In all seriousness, I'm still curious about what kind of music we'll have in commercials and the animations, if any. I'd like to see a song with lyrics that directly refer to Bionicle, like Weekend Whip for Ninjago. #HelryxAndTheYesterdayMen2015

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that song, Weekend Whip.. I love that back in the day.

Edited by Boidoh

On the whole spider battle thing, I'll have the Fikou fitted with an infected mask, and there will be Miserix (since he is the only alive Makuta, until Icarax reforms) controlling him. Something like Pokemon I guess.

FIKOU USE QUICK ATTACK!

^This is what we should all be looking forward to most of all next year.

In all seriousness, I'm still curious about what kind of music we'll have in commercials and the animations, if any. I'd like to see a song with lyrics that directly refer to Bionicle, like Weekend Whip for Ninjago. #HelryxAndTheYesterdayMen2015

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that song, Weekend Whip.. I love that back in the day.

Rahimon for 2015 plz.

Another alternative is doing things the 2003 way and using the same Toa from the previous year and only releasing the villains and other characters/vehicles/rahi.

Don't forget Fenrakk!

What about the other Fenrakk from the playsets?

I disagree(at least in the toa's case)over time you could barely tell them apart, not to mention all those half masks we got, maybe it wasn't less detail but all I do know is they did something wrong.
What half masks are you talking about? The only things I can think of that fit that description are the Vahi, Glatorian helmets, The Kakama Phantoka, and possibly some of the masks/heads used in villain sets. For all of the later mask's flaws, their uniqueness was not one of them IMO.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Personally I'd really like to see other Toa join the cast--join it, not replace it, though. I mean, looking at the most visible examples of Lego themes keeping a core cast of characters, this is not at all uncommon. Hero Factory obviously added Nex, Evo and Rocka in it second year. Ninjago got a fifth ninja with Lloyd in 2012, and I have a hunch something like that might happen again next year. ....Chima has kept true to its eight heroes, though that's admittedly a weird example because although there's 8 of them the first year only had 6, and only put in one more into the sets in 2014, and maybe again in 2015. Anyway. Addign a sixth...er, seventh ranger kind of character to the Toa is not necessarily a bad thing, and obviously it's also something they've done before (I don't think it should necessarily be Takanuva though, but who knows)

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png